Is it weird to like women for vocals in music, as a man?

Nope. Women are wonderful singers and producers as well.

(Toki starts ~2:30)

"Unix was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that would also stop you from doing clever things." - Doug Gwyn

Female vocalists I like- Diana Krall,Patsy Cline, Sade.

The cake is a lie!!! -- but the muffins are genuine.

I've never really given much thought to male vs. female vocalists. Looking through my music collection, I suppose I have more albums with male vocalists, but I wouldn't say I prefer one over the other. Plenty of female vocals to enjoy out there.  ^_^

I kinda get what you're trying to say. 

Personally i listen to lacuna coil and within temptation in public without giving any sh*ts.

Life's too short to be bothered by what the people around you think.

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Don't let it bother you. Seriously. I am a huge fan of Beyoncé. I think I'm the only person on this forum who is. All my friends know and they joke about it sometimes, but i don't care. I love her music, I love her style, I love how she has accomplished so much, but most importantly - what an INCREDIBLE voice she has! I've even been to three of her concerts. In addition, I'm not a huge fan of metal/EDM music, and mostly listen to R&B. That's the last thing you'd expect a tech head to say.

And I can assure you I am a hetero male who is perfectly comfortable with his sexuality. People need to stop putting themselves in boxes - it makes no difference what you're interested or disinterested in - your gender or sexuality should not be a determining factor in that. Listen to what you love, there's no shame in that. I'm not going to stop listening to and appreciating Beyoncé's music just because somebody thinks it's "not right". To be honest that would suggest they're not comfortable with their sexuality.

If you're interested in other male vocalists, I would suggest looking at Pharell, John Legend and Justin Timberlake. But they are R&B artists, so I'm not sure if they'd be to your taste.

| My first build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/117400-my-very-first-build/ | Build for my friend's 18th: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/168660-pc-for-my-friends-18th-with-pictures-complete/ |

ATH-M50X Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/165934-review-audio-technica-ath-m50-x/ | Nintendo 3DS XL Review: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/179711-nintendo-3ds-xl-review/ | Game Capture Guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186547-ultimate-guide-to-recording-your-gameplay/

Case: Corsair 200R CPU: i5 4670K @ 3.4GHz RAM: Corsair 8GB 1600MHz C9 Mobo: GIGABYTE Z87-HD3 GPU: MSI R9 290 Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO PSU: EVGA 750W Storage: 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD Display: Dell U2212HM OS: Windows 8

Nah? I only like femle vocals in my music if I listen to what I listen to mostly, which is electronical.

If I listen to other genres, I don't really care. Not that I've ever even heard a female rap, like seriously.

Here's an example of a song which would be utterly ruined to me if it was anything but a female doing the vocals:

Examples of electronic music with female voices that i listen to.

http://youtu.be/pnyPDGHg7a0

Le Bastardo+ 

i7 4770k + OCUK Fathom HW labs Black Ice 240 rad + Mayhem's Gigachew orange + 16GB Avexir Core Orange 2133 + Gigachew GA-Z87X-OC + 2x Gigachew WF 780Ti SLi + SoundBlaster Z + 1TB Crucial M550 + 2TB Seagate Barracude 7200rpm + LG BDR/DVDR + Superflower Leadex 1KW Platinum + NZXT Switch 810 Gun Metal + Dell U2713H + Logitech G602 + Ducky DK-9008 Shine 3 MX Brown

Red Alert

FX 8320 AMD = Noctua NHU12P = 8GB Avexir Blitz 2000 = ASUS M5A99X EVO R2.0 = Sapphire Radeon R9 290 TRI-X = 1TB Hitachi Deskstar & 500GB Hitachi Deskstar = Samsung DVDR/CDR = SuperFlower Golden Green HX 550W 80 Plus Gold = Xigmatek Utguard = AOC 22" LED 1920x1080 = Logitech G110 = SteelSeries Sensei RAW

Honestly what I felt was most weird about this topic is that there are people out there who feel insecure about it. Never thought about it..

I very clearly prefer female over male vocals for pretty much everything including music and narration. There are always exceptions of course.

I don't like vocals in my music, especially random moaning female vocals but thats just me. I don't think there's anything wrong with liking female vocals though.

I agree. They get old even if they are good. But I especially loath random "sex moans" fuck that shit.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

For modern music it's Paramore, Evanescence and Carrie Underwood.

For old Rock nothing beats Joan Jett

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

I love female vocals.

Especially this gorgeous girl.

Just wanted to say, welcome Back Dude, it's been a wile, a long wile ;)

Crust : Intel Core i5 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.45v  |  MotherboardMSI Z97 MPower  |  Fruity FillingMSI GTX 960 Armor 2Way-SLI |  CoolingNoctua NH-D15  |  RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Storage : 2xSamsung 840 EVO 500GB SSDs Raid-0  |  Power Supply : Seasonic X-Series 1250W 80+Gold  |  Monitor : Dell U2713HM 27" 60Hz 1440p  |                                                                                                                                           

OH my god RAINS OF CASTAMERE! I love this song so much. HEAR ME ROAR! (what a coincidence that I posted this EXACT song as my status yesterday... Are you stalking me?

No.  Yes.  No. No. Wait. Wut?

My PC specifications are in my profile.

Never really thought about it like this.  I personally don't really care about gender as long as the vocals are great. It just so happens that my genre of music that I like is predominantly male vocals, but I don't mind either.   

Examples of my library of music: 

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

All human beings who listen to this will enjoy it.

unless they are communists

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

op needs more man on man love though, here you go

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

op needs more man on man love though, here you go

Is there a "Dislike this" option? :P

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

If someone were to ask me that, I would say no in a heartbeat, but listening to bands like In This Moment and Icon For Hire publicly, it really makes me feel weird, like I'm not supposed to listen to that sort of thing in public.

Whenever I listen to 5FDP, All That Remains, Killswitch Engage, etc. publicly, it feels like that's what I'm supposed to listen to around other people because I'm a dude.

Although the tone seems to resemble some seriousness, it's not meant to be very serious, I just wonder if anyone else feels like that. :P

Society is a bitch. Just play it! The less you care about what people think you should do, the more free you feel to do what you want. I listen to music that's not stereotypically 'masculine' music, and it's all just your personal tastes. I feel like gender roles and common likes among sexes are quickly being diminished now that people can be comfortable with who they are. If people are judging you, then they just have something they need to prove to themselves!

Trance vocals hell yeah but otherwise....

Trance vocals hell yeah but otherwise....

Ahh trance vocals bother me so much... What happen to the good old trance that didn't have vocals... 

There are some trance songs which are absolutely ABSOLUTELY amazing with vocals.... but so many more that just don't work for me when they add vocals to them.... 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Ahh trance vocals bother me so much... What happen to the good old trance that didn't have vocals... 

There are some trance songs which are absolutely ABSOLUTELY amazing with vocals.... but so many more that just don't work for me when they add vocals to them.... 

Ehhh, I like a lot of them. Different tastes and all.

No, I like female vocalists more than male ones.

Why should it matter?

I like women with strong vocals just as I also like bassy male singers and those who sing falsetto. There isn't a rule anywhere written you have to like certain vocalist based on what's between your legs.

Skylar Grey, anyone?

I don't always have time to study, but when I do, I don't.

if you like getting shot its fine

i prefer not to get shot when cruzing through da hood listening to Taylor swift and katie perry, its not a good way to go :(

thats why i listen to e40, DAZ, WC, NWA and various other fine rappers :P 

Rig Specs:

AMD Threadripper 5990WX@4.8Ghz

Asus Zenith III Extreme

Asrock OC Formula 7970XTX Quadfire

G.Skill Ripheartout X OC 7000Mhz C28 DDR5 4X16GB  

Super Flower Power Leadex 2000W Psu's X2

Harrynowl's 775/771 OC and mod guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/232325-lga775-core2duo-core2quad-overclocking-guide/ http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/365998-mod-lga771-to-lga775-cpu-modification-tutorial/

ProKoN haswell/DC OC guide: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/41234-intel-haswell-4670k-4770k-overclocking-guide/

"desperate for just a bit more money to watercool, the titan x would be thankful" Carter -2016