Watch Dog's resolutions revealed.

deathjester

Am I the only one who's scared that the next argument we're going to see console gamers bring up during PC vs Console debates is that FPS and Resolution is "Just a number"?

Dammit Sony-Soft, you've doomed (our sanities belonging to) us all!

I can be a cynical a**hole at times. I apologize if I cause any offence at those time. I also occasionally have issues communicating my point. Extreme introversion + Photographic memory + Some other things.

Desktop: i5-4670k - 8gb 1600MHz - MSI 7850

Laptop: i7-4810QM - GTX 870m - 8gb RAM

all the pixels

so glorious

He who dies with the most tools wins.

As a psychologist, the repressed rage towards consoles is amazing. I could write several PhDs using you guys as subjects. 

I knew PC fanboys got upset at consoles but I didn't realize we all had a hardon of hate towards them. I must be some sort of freak who doesn't give a shit that this game doesn't run at 4k @ 120fps on the consoles, but rather I care more about THE FUCKING GAMEPLAY of the game. You know, the reason we actually play these kinds of games? 

I have an amazing PC and a PS4 and a PS3, I know exactly what im getting on each, and why.

I dont care if on PS4 its a lower res and lower fps as its the content that matters, sure it would be nice to play on PC but then I have to deal with ubisoft launcher, and most my friends will be on console so I would need to play it on console to enjoy it with them.

If they lie, the they lie, but thats how the world is. If I want a game on PC ill grab it on PC, if I cannot see a game being able to last more than a few months then it can be on console, why lose that ability to trade in a game when you can play it still at a fine res and ok fps, over 720 and at 30 are acceptable.

If you bought Assassin's Creed on PC you are stuck with a game which has no repeatability and even the ones with multiplayer die too quick.

30 FPS is playable and is fine. I doubt most people in here were always on the PC.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

What is this 2006. These so called next-gen consoles are not that next-gen if you ask me. I bet they can't even run TF2 at 1080p at 60fps either.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

It's time we as a forum grew up..

Just enjoy the damn game without losing your shit about resolutions and framerates on other platforms.

The problem is that some of the posters here are not gamers, they just like to have fast GPUs to run synthetic benchmarks. So they value technicalities over game experiences. I'm not saying resolution doesn't matter, it does, but don't overblow it. It's not like the average pc gamer is getting a better experience. We do because we have above average machines.

Despite the lower than 1080p resolution on consoles it will still look worlds better than last gen consoles, so that is progress.

I will play it at 1080p 60fps on my pc, but above all I want to enjoy the gameplay and story.

What is this 2006. These so called next-gen consoles are not that next-gen if you ask me.

the term 'next-gen' is a stupid marketing buzz word. They are out on the market now aren't they? They are current gen.... They are only next gen compared to legacy consoles like the 360 and ps3

So this is after PS4 posted it will run at 1080p/60fps on the website then took it down. Nice, I feel sad for the guys that preordered it based on the false information. I wouldn't be surprise if people cancel the orders...

So this is after PS4 posted it will run at 1080p/60fps on the website then took it down. Nice, I feel sad for the guys that preordered it based on the false information. I wouldn't be surprise if people cancel the orders...

honestly dont think anyone that plays a ps4 cares nor cancelled there order the games on these consoles look a hell of alot better than they did on 360 and ps3 and thats what the console people wanted they most likely dont know what its like to play pc nor do they care it just looks good to them.

It is hard to explain it to people to. People have no idea they can play on their couch etc. I just link them this guy's video now. Does a great job explaining how silly some of this stuff is. I think they actually have to see someone using a freakin controller on their couch with a PC to believe it lol. My brother in law was the same way. I had to actually take my PC hook it up to my TV and show him. He now has a 8320 I built him and is balling on steam with racing games and console ports on his big screen and boots to big picture mode. 

I made the mistake of reading the comments below and I think I died a little on the inside. Y u do dis brain             y u inflict pain upon urself

Actually I think that I lost a significant number of brain cells from reading that; no idea what to do now that I have a physics test tomorrow. 

People have to remember this is an apu there running which is impressive for an apu we havnt seen that type of gpu power on an apu on the pc side but they could of easily put a dedicated CPU and gpu in it which is stupid they didn't also I still think these companies aren't dumb enough to see people will be buying 4k tvs soon and there going to want to play at that res I think they have something up there sleeve for the future there just not telling us sony recently stop production on oled tvs and is focusing on 4k now due to demand like come on they expect these consoles to last 10 years they are going to have to implement some sort of cloud computing.

Not impressed at all that it's an APU. Those cores are anemic as hell and given that AMD doesn't have to make it a socketed design, the die area could be as big as they want it to be. Kaveri already has great graphics performance (R7), just limited by the DDR3 bandwidth; given that the PSU is bolstered by GDDR5 (probably a jumble of APU + GDDR5 modules everywhere), that kind of performance should be expected from their APU.

That 792p tho, it's 92 pixels more that normal HD!!... at 30fps... what is this? 2008?!? Pff Consoles peasants (Even though I have a PS3 and plan to get PS4 for JRPG exclusives :P:ph34r: )

Hey! Show me a $500 PC that plays this game at 1600x900, 30FPS! Oh wait, there's none? A $500 PC that also plays AC @The same resolution.

So many idiots here with $2000 PCs touting how they're better. Remember the majority of games don't have so much disposable income, or they like games like GTA V or sports games with mates on the same couch. There are many cases were a console > PC. 

As a psychologist, the repressed rage towards consoles is amazing. I could write several PhDs using you guys as subjects. 

I knew PC fanboys got upset at consoles but I didn't realize we all had a hardon of hate towards them. I must be some sort of freak who doesn't give a shit that this game doesn't run at 4k @ 120fps on the consoles, but rather I care more about THE FUCKING GAMEPLAY of the game. You know, the reason we actually play these kinds of games? 

And someone finally gets it. Funny that PC gamers feel like they're entitled to trash anything that isn't top tier hardware. Games are there to entertain, they're supposed to make you happy, 

Movies are also entertainment. If the movie doesn't look good, don't watch it. If you don't like the resolution of the game on a console, don't f*cking play it. 

Stop talking sh*t and go play some games.

"Energy drinks don't make my mouth taste like yak buttholes like coffee does, so I'll stick with them." - Yoinkerman

We're supposed to be moving on and getting better graphics. Want good gameplay? travel back to the past. This is progress folks unless you want to be stuck in 1990

Maybe some day consoles will be able to run at 1080p 60fps...some day.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

What the hell is 792? Did they just invent a new resolution?

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

TS should rename the title to "console resolutions". I was hoping to read that multimonitor in the PC-version would be natively supported :(

My System:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X - CPU Cooling: Corsair Hydro H100i Platinum - Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix X570-F - RAM: Neo 16 GB 3600 Mhz - GPU: 2x Sapphire Vapor X R9 290 OC in crossfire - OS SSD: Samsung Nvme SSD 256 GB Second SSD Samsung 840 Pro 512 GB - Games: RAID 0 3 x Seagate 1 TB HDD - Case: NZXT H710i - PSU: Corsair AX860i
Former Rig Picture: http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/10157-4-pc-may-2014/

Hey! Show me a $500 PC that plays this game at 1600x900, 30FPS! Oh wait, there's none? A $500 PC that also plays AC @The same resolution.

So many idiots here with $2000 PCs touting how they're better. Remember the majority of games don't have so much disposable income, or they like games like GTA V or sports games with mates on the same couch. There are many cases were a console > PC. 

Well any variation of this: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-018-OG&groupid=43&catid=2475&subcat=2489

Quite frankly even the cheapest rig with a dedicated GPU could do it. Most people have a pc already that they could throw a new gpu into. I get the point your trying to make, but you can get a very good gaming capable PC for $500. !080p @30fps, shouldn't be that difficult at this time on x86 architecture. 

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Well any variation of this: http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS-018-OG&groupid=43&catid=2475&subcat=2489

Quite frankly even the cheapest rig with a dedicated GPU could do it. Most people have a pc already that they could throw a new gpu into. I get the point your trying to make, but you can get a very good gaming capable PC for $500. !080p @30fps, shouldn't be that difficult at this time on x86 architecture. 

The GPU in the PS4 is a slightly cut down 7870. Also a PS4 will last for 5 years and get every last drop of juice squeezed out without worrying about garbage like DX11. I don't see why everyone hates on it so much. Of course you're right if you have a rig already, popping a $500 GPU in the rig will keep you going for 5 years if it physically lasts. 

Indeed (although i believe its close to the 7850), but it has far weaker CPU, so it shifts more resources over to the GPU side i would assume. The only reason i say this is i have 2 PCs. My main rig (which is an FX8350 with r9 290) and my HTPC which has a HD7870 and is only paired with a AMD a8-5600k APU. It beats the pants of the PS4 visually. (my brother prefers consoles and bought his over to compare BF4) 

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Remember the good old days when a game just came out and nobody gave two shits about the resolution or frame rate because the game was just fun?

I wish we could go back to those days.

Nope I don't remember those days at all. Even back in the days there were wars about which console had the best graphics. Remember blast processing? The bit wars?

The GPU in the PS4 is a slightly cut down 7870. Also a PS4 will last for 5 years and get every last drop of juice squeezed out without worrying about garbage like DX11. I don't see why everyone hates on it so much. Of course you're right if you have a rig already, popping a $500 GPU in the rig will keep you going for 5 years if it physically lasts. 

I'm just reading this for lolz, I don't care about all this shit, but, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the PS4 have an APU? "A slightly cut down 7870". That's about a R9 270, I don't think they would have to cut it down to 720p @30fps with that kind of GPU. I'm rocking a 7870, and it does everything just fine, better than current titles on the PS4.

I'm just reading this for lolz, I don't care about all this shit, but, correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't the PS4 have an APU? "A slightly cut down 7870". That's about a R9 270, I don't think they would have to cut it down to 30fps with that kind of GPU. I'm rocking a 7870, and it does everything just fine, better than current titles on the PS4.

Exactly my point. The 7870 out performs anything the PS4 can do. AMD market it as their 'top end' 1080p GPU under the R9-270x branding. with the 280x taking the spot for 1440p i believe, and the 290 aimed at 4K.

Spoiler

Exactly my point. The 7870 out performs anything the PS4 can do. AMD market it as their 'top end' 1080p GPU under the R9-270x branding. with the 280x taking the spot for 1440p i believe, and the 290 aimed at 4K.

Hey, a bit random, but I saw your signature, and you're rocking a 290 for a 4k monitor, how's that going? Is it decent? I'm thinking of getting a 290 and a 4k monitor as well :D