Watch Dog's resolutions revealed.

deathjester

Made this in 5 minutes to show the real difference between 720p, 792p, 900p, and 1080p

Made this in 5 minutes to show the real difference between 720p, 792p, 900p, and 1080p

I want to know how you calculated that.

####p does not refer to the width of the screen by the way, it refers to the height.

I don't quite get your image either. Are you saying that there is no difference between 720p and 1080p if you are 79cm away from a 20" monitor?

Resolution is just a number... lol.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

Resolution does effect gameplay.

If you're in a car chase and you need to hack stuff fast but you can't see the indicators as good because of the low resolution that will effect your gameplay experience.

A few pixel can also be the head of an enemy peeking out that you can't see.

And 30 Fps are a huge gameplay breaker.

Low FPS create input lag/display lag which makes the controls feel unresponsive and slow which leads to frustration.

Hmm, usually I don't notice stuff like this, but I see where you're coming from.

So I take it you wouldn't buy WD anymore?

IdeaCentre K450 Review - My favorite (pre-built) gaming desktop under $1000.

Gaming PC Under $500 = Gaming on a budget.

Hmm, usually I don't notice stuff like this, but I see where you're coming from.

So I take it you wouldn't buy WD anymore?

I would still buy it.(It may makes the experience worse but not to the point where I wouldn't want to play it)

But because I have a PC I will enjoy my game in 1080p/60FPS.

That's a big reason why I switched to PC so I don't have to deal with that anymore.

RTX2070OC 

I would still buy it.(It may makes the experience worse but not to the point where I wouldn't want to play it)

But because I have a PC I will enjoy my game in 1080p/60FPS.

That's a big reason why I switched to PC so I don't have to deal with that anymore.

Hmm, I'll be playing this on my PS4, so I have a question.

Assuming the game gets something like an 8.5/10 when it has 1080p/60fps, how much of a difference does it make to the game's score (based on gameplay) if it were on 900p/30fps?

Assuming the game gets something like an 8.5/10 when it has 1080p/60fps, how much of a difference does it make to the game's score (based on gameplay) if it were on 900p/30fps?

Scores like that are subjective, and resolution is not the only thing that affects how good a game looks.

It's between 0.2-0.3 more most of the time on PC.

But depending on the game it can be really different.

RTX2070OC 

Except the only difference here is the fps and resolution.

There is absolutely nothing unique about the "console experience". Want to play on your big TV? Connect your computer to the TV. Want a controller? Plug one into your computer.

If the consoles offered something really cool then I could understand your argument, but they don't. The only difference between the console versions and the PC version is that the PC version has better graphics and no lock on the fps.

I agree with this completely. I can play on my monitors with surround, on my TV for larger picture while laying on the couch, and I can plug my controller in and go to Big Picture mode on Steam.

The ONLY thing I don't have that consoles do is their exclusive content.

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

Scores like that are subjective, and resolution is not the only thing that affects how good a game looks.

Yeah, I was talking about how the resolution would affect the score based on gameplay. Because someone mentioned frames per second deals with input/output lag, and lower resolutions can be the difference between seeing an enemy's head or not.