Watch Dog's resolutions revealed.

deathjester

This guy has a point. Why waste bandwidth on 1080p.

I always stream content in 240p. Because resolution are just numbers man.

240p? Fuck that from now on I want Linus to mail me some storyboard style pictures. Polaroids in fact! 

-------

Current Rig

-------

You literately went on a rampant PC master race fanboy rant. If you're going to go on a rant, why not have the actual facts, such as who made the resolution or if a resolution is made? Me calling you an idiot wasn't because you didn't know, but because you literately asserted yourself as your view is correct, which false facts, and the overbearing of "PC MASTER RACE", which is the dumbest thing on the forum.

Xbox One runs at 1080p. PS4 runs at 1080p. Problems we encounter is not every knows how to make a game for the new systems yet. There have been multiple people who said it's harder for the new systems compared to the old systems.

Resolutions aren't everything. Guess what. The Last of US, an exclusive, ran at 720p30. They couldn't make it run at 1080p without sacrificing quality. PS3 can run at 1080p, but the game simply ran better performance wise at 720p. Guess what? TLoU is one of the greatest games of all time if we're going by accolades. Halo 4 is probably the prettiest game on Xbox 360 in it's life time. 720p30. Despite the resolution, it's a damn gorgeous game and the cutscenes were phenomenal.

Resolution does matter, if you're going to be pretentious about it. But if a game looks damn good at a lower resolution (GTA, Uncharcted, TLoU, Halo 4, etc etc), then who the fuck cares? Does it really matter that much? Or does your penis need to be flaunted around the fact that you can afford a PC that runs it at a higher resolution.

This post isn't directed at you, but it's directed at "PC MASTER RACE" in general. You just happened to be quoted.

The old generation consoles ran games mostly at 720p. Which was fine. That hardware is almost a decade old. Many TVs weren't even running at 1080p back then. But 1080p is the complete and utter standard nowadays. Pretty much everybody running an Xbox One or PS4 will be using a 1080p screen.

The 'next generation' consoles lack the power to run games well at this standard resolution, and rely on upscaling.

I don't see how that's not a valid criticism of the hardware. It's simply not powerful enough to run games well at today's standard. And it's not even close to being good enough to last for another 5-10 years.

The console life cycle model just simply doesn't work well in today's market. Especially if you start the cycle with seriously lacking hardware. No optimisation can account for that. And it absolutely does matter, I'd wager that the PS4 is destroying the Xbox One's sales, because it's running the same games at higher quality / resolution / fps. 

These numbers matter. If they didn't I'd still be playing on my N64. The pinnacle of console gaming imo.

240p? Fuck that from now on I want Linus to mail me some storyboard style pictures. Polaroids in fact! 

Maybe we could get somebody to draw a few frames in MS paint, an artist's interpretation of what's happening on his vids. And we could just listen to 48kpbs mp3s audio. 

I mean, cause video is just numbers, amirite?

lol today i was testing downsampling from 2560x1440 on 1920x1080 on my rig. 

These consoles are doing upscaling from 792p 900p to 1920x1080. LOL is it 2014 or 2004?

on new generation phones there will be 2560x1440 screen and imagine NFS most wanted on that resolution or batman or real racing 3 (4 if it comes) and games like this. 

even today galaxy s4/s5, HTC one M8, HTC one max, SONY Z ultra, SONY Z2 look better then this crapy consoles. 

PLS people read everything about consoles. they are too wick. it's 10 years PS3 and xbox 360 were made and they were playng on that resolution this whole time. do you really want to play games at 720p/30 FPS when others on their PC already are playng on 4K 

do not buy crapy consoles and they will stop making money on you. they give you shit, you give them money. you buy game for 60 $ and play on 720p/30 FPS. are not you feeling like in Tom & Jerry when Tom had donkey face? :D

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

Resolution and framerate are just numbers ha!

everything in your console, PC, phone or else are numbers. they are just many many 1s and 0s LOL

Computer users fall into two groups:
those that do backups
those that have never had a hard drive fail.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Hahahahahahahha! Pathetic is all I can say.

This is why the PC master race hate consoles. They ruin games by forcing them to be weaker to be playable.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

PLS people read everything about consoles. they are too wick. it's 10 years PS3 and xbox 360 were made and they were playng on that resolution this whole time. do you really want to play games at 720p/30 FPS when others on their PC already are playng on 4K 

do not buy crapy consoles and they will stop making money on you. they give you shit, you give them money. you buy game for 60 $ and play on 720p/30 FPS. are not you feeling like in Tom & Jerry when Tom had donkey face? :D

Absolutely they do. My sisters husband for instant is completely hooked on getting a PS4 and he doesn't understand the difference. Most people haven't played at 1080p(and certaintly not above that) or at 60 fps.

Sony and Microsoft know that they would never get get the attention of the PC gaming market and it was never the plan. They are selling to the sheep, and the sheep buys everything they put out.

Hell, they could have made the next gen consoles worse and people would have still bought them.

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

original.jpg

The old generation consoles ran games mostly at 720p. Which was fine. That hardware is almost a decade old. Many TVs weren't even running at 1080p back then. But 1080p is the complete and utter standard nowadays. Pretty much everybody running an Xbox One or PS4 will be using a 1080p screen.

The 'next generation' consoles lack the power to run games well at this standard resolution, and rely on upscaling.

I don't see how that's not a valid criticism of the hardware. It's simply not powerful enough to run games well at today's standard. And it's not even close to being good enough to last for another 5-10 years.

The console life cycle model just simply doesn't work well in today's market. Especially if you start the cycle with seriously lacking hardware. No optimisation can account for that. And it absolutely does matter, I'd wager that the PS4 is destroying the Xbox One's sales, because it's running the same games at higher quality / resolution / fps. 

These numbers matter. If they didn't I'd still be playing on my N64. The pinnacle of console gaming imo.

Or you could have just posted one of my old favorites to settle who truly started the "resolution" wars (it was called bit wars back then):

-------

Current Rig

-------

Or you could have just posted one of my old favorites to settle who truly started the "resolution" wars (it was called bit wars back then):

Grrrrr! DAMN YOU SEGA!

Watch Dog's resolution, a short film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS1QOBRH4Ac

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

I think it comes down to console experience vs. PC experience and what people prefer. Like he said, framerates and resolutions are just numbers. although important, they are not everything.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

I think it comes down to console experience vs. PC experience and what people prefer. Like he said, framerates and resolutions are just numbers. although important, they are not everything.

Except the only difference here is the fps and resolution.

There is absolutely nothing unique about the "console experience". Want to play on your big TV? Connect your computer to the TV. Want a controller? Plug one into your computer.

If the consoles offered something really cool then I could understand your argument, but they don't. The only difference between the console versions and the PC version is that the PC version has better graphics and no lock on the fps.

this just shows that one shld only buy consoles if they cant live without the exclusives

60 is just a number, why not make it 0 and the game would be free right? since numbers don't matter?

Case: Corsair 500R (BitFenix Spectre Pro LED Green) -  CPU: Intel i7 4770k @ 4.2 -  Mobo: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming -  GPUs: Asus Strix GTX 970  -  RAM: Kingston Black - 8GB 2133 -  PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750G 750W -  Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3  -  HDDs: OCZ Vector 150 120GB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Green 500GB -  Monitor: Acer B246HYL ymdpr 23.8 IPS  -  Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2014 -  Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Optical -  Audio: Sennheiser HD 600 - Magni 2/ Modi 2

o dear 

IntelCorei54670k,Maximus VI Formula,Swift tech H220, 16gigs Corsair Dominator platinums, Asus DCUII GTX 780,1x256 840 evo, 1x 2TB Segate barracuda, Corsair AX 860, 

3 X Noctua NF-F12, 2x Noctua NF A-14, Ducky Shine 3 Blue Leds Blue switches, Razer Death Adder 2012, Corsair vengence 1400  

There is absolutely nothing unique about the "console experience". Want to play on your big TV? Connect your computer to the TV. Want a controller? Plug one into your computer.

If the consoles offered something really cool then I could understand your argument, but they don't. The only difference between the console versions and the PC version is that the PC version has better graphics and no lock on the fps.

That is why I dont understand people who argue back. "But graphics are not important the gameplay is".. yeah but I am experiencing the exact same gameplay, only smoother and better looking

Also graphics ARE important, without graphics computer games would be on the radio. Having visuals that we interact with are the defining aspects of video games. And all the devs are striving to create smoother and crisper visuals, more realistic lighting and high textured 3d enviroments

It sucks that the new consoles are not the greatest way of experiencing them. The last gen consoles did a decent job at the time, but things have moved on. Christ I am playing Half Life 2 on my nVidia shield. Devices are getting more powerful and pushing the boundaries.

The only thing NOT pushing boundaries are the new consoles. They give a passable and mediocre experience. They ONLY reason they are relevant t is their relatively low  and ease of access for everyone. 

Games like the last of us looked amazing considering PS3 hardware, I expect the new consoles after nearly a decade to BLOW them away, sadly this isnt the case.

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Not really what Im talking about.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

Graphics ARE important, but the resolution isn't anything that'll break the experience in my opinion so I don't know why people keep worrying.

like linus said, resolution is just a number, and wont affect the experiece UP TO A CERTAIN POINT. and to most of us, upscaling 792p to 1080p will detract from the overall experience, since by then you can already notice the scaling problems and artifacts.

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

I wonder how noticeable the difference will be on a tv in a living room. For PC gaming with the monitor right in front of us the difference between 720p and 1080p is very obvious...

Graphics ARE important, but the resolution isn't anything that'll break the experience in my opinion so I don't know why people keep worrying.

Resolution does effect gameplay.

If you're in a car chase and you need to hack stuff fast but you can't see the indicators as good because of the low resolution that will effect your gameplay experience.

A few pixel can also be the head of an enemy peeking out that you can't see.

And 30 Fps are a huge gameplay breaker.

Low FPS create input lag/display lag which makes the controls feel unresponsive and slow which leads to frustration.

RTX2070OC