Watch Dog's resolutions revealed.

deathjester

“Resolution is a number, just like framerate is a number."

He forgot "Also, the number of DLCs available exclusively for the PS4 it's just a number, because fuck you, DLC should remain at 30 fucking frames per second since it's just a number, shut up and take it"

-------

Current Rig

-------

"Just a number" is the best excuse yet for next gen consoles general lack of performance. So on this logic resolution is just a number therefore it does not matter, FPS is just a number so it also does not matter. Therefore we should be playing 576p at 24hz as these are just numbers too and its about "delivering a truly amazing next-gen experience", which apparently has nothing to do with numbers and is assessed by some unknown "next gen experience performance metric"? confused much?

EDIT - spelling/clarity  

Resolution and framerate are just numbers ha!

GAAAAAY

(You forgot that word)

CPU : Intel Core i7 3960X, Mobo : X79-UD3, Memory : 4x4GB Vengeance Black Memory 1600MHz, GPU : Asus GTX 970 Strix, Case : Switch 810 Matte Black, Storage : 256GB Samsung 830 SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB, PSU : Thermaltake 750W 80+ Bronze, Displays : 3x Asus 1080p Screens, Cooling : Corsair H100i, Keyboard : Logitech G710+, Mouse : Madcat Cyborg R.A.T.7, Sound : Sennheiser HD598, V-Moda Crossfade LP, Logitech Z-5500, HMD : Oculus Rift CV1

None, he is just one of the fantastic pc master race bros. Neither console is THAT far behind. More like 2011.

Actually they are that far behind. I linked the TFLOPS, AMD's official site, and the specs. I don't know what more you could want? Maybe you think the uber powerful 1.6-1.7ghz AMD mobile chip with garbage cache compared to desktop chips puts the consoles over the top? Keep in mind that 2 cores are locked to game developers on the consoles. They can only use 6 of those super powerful cores and they aren't = to a desktop AMD CPU clock for clock. So I don't know... A 6300fx at 1 ghz? Let's be nice and say like 1.3 ghz. Pretty sure the I7-920 at 2.8ghz from 2008 has that beat, seeing it's clock for clock speed is about = to an 8350. BTW the new Call of Duty CPU they recommended is not the 4770k. It is the I7-930. Any I7-920 will overclock to that with ease. So yeah. 2008 PC > Xbox One on a 200 dollar 2008 GPU. Impressive MS. Most impressive.

This makes me very happy, but at the same rate how about we agree to do away with the PC Master Race and become the Noble PC Brotherhood. The revolution can begin here, my brothers! *Artwork subject to change

mSeEuR2.png

Noble will prob tick people off as well. They will say we are claiming royalty, even though it is more expensive to game on a console when games are included now days lol. What did people buy Watch Dog's for like 22/28 bucks from India Origin?

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

You what else is just a number? Money. Everyone let's take all of Ubisoft's money and show them that it's just a number.

CPU Intel i7-4770k @4.4Ghz Motherboard ASUS Maximus VI Hero RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz 16GB GPU MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G Case Corsair 760T Storage Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB + 2x WD Black 1TB PSU Corsair AX860 Display(s) AcerXB1, QNIX QX2710                         Cooling Corsair H105 Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red + Red LED Mouse Logitech G700s Sound Beyerdynamic MMX300

"Just a number" is the best excuse yet for next gen consoles general lack of performance. So on this logic resolution is just a number therefore it does not matter, FPS is just a number so it also does not matter. Therefore we should be playing 576p at 24hz as these are just numbers too and its about "delivering a truly amazing next-gen experience", which apparently has nothing to do with numbers and is assessed by some unknown "next gen experience performance metric"? confused much?

EDIT - spelling/clarity  

Aye, by this logic both "360" and "3" are just numbers as well, so why should people bother with new consoles? Cause 399 and 499 are also numbers.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I honestly don't care about any of this. I just want the game to live up to the hype from a game play aspect.

9900K  / Noctua NH-D15S / Z390 Aorus Master / 32GB DDR4 Vengeance Pro 3200Mhz / eVGA 2080 Ti Black Ed / Morpheus II Core / Meshify C / LG 27UK650-W / PS4 Pro / XBox One X

Remember the good old days when a game just came out and nobody gave two shits about the resolution or frame rate because the game was just fun?

I wish we could go back to those days.

Remember the good old days when a game just came out and nobody gave two shits about the resolution or frame rate because the game was just fun?

Yeah, but this is the price of progress. Companies develop powerful hardware, software pushes the hardware and the cycle goes on. The more the progress the more complex the games will get. Just wait until Physics actually becomes an integral part of gameplay, now people are gonna be saying: "omg the Physics is so laggy".

We'll just wait and see what this carp storm goes to.

As for me I'll be  getting the PC version. 

Peace! :D

Like most nes games are still fun to play.

"Science and technology revolutionize our lives, but memory, tradition and myth frame our response."

Arthur M. Schlesinger

Remember when consoles weren't budget PC's and MS didn't pay to keep PC games off PC's as "exclusives"? Remember when consoles were different kinds of games then on a computer, with a different kind of game experience with maybe 4 people playing Mario Kart or Goldeneye, or cool games like Wave Race, rather than just inferior PC ports? Remember when FPS games were faster and not dumbed down with every release and made into MMO's with XP and weapon progression and hindered by having to be playable on a console controller, which killed any innovation that we had a decade and a half ago in Starsiege Tribes? 

I wish we could go back to those days as well. I wish these consoles offered anything unique or even good, other then 1-2 overhyped games a year opposed to hundreds of PC exclusives. Then again, now we have big picture mode through Steam, making these consoles useless, other than to rip off naive people who think that pc exclusives on 2 different PC's is awesome, and that paying to play online is awesome and non upgradeable PC's are awesome.

These are the dumbest consoles in the history of consoles. Sony makes PC games and could do the same thing as a software company and would prob make more money than trying to compete with MS's insane advertising. MS could spend money on DirectX exclusives to compete with Steam OS. Both consoles are screwed when low level API's hit the PC. What happens when Pascal hits and a 950ti makes these things look like a joke. The XB1 can't even keep up with a 750ti.  

These consoles aren't unknown architecture, with obscure cpu/gpu setups that companies don't know how to harness yet. These are just crappy PC's that are playing PC games badly and ripping people off in the process. 

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

That 792p tho, it's 92 pixels more that normal HD!!... at 30fps... what is this? 2008?!? Pff Consoles peasants (Even though I have a PS3 and plan to get PS4 for JRPG exclusives :P:ph34r: )

"Resolution is a number, just like framerate is a number."

So a low framerate isn't unplayable then, it's just a meaninless number

That 792p tho, it's 92 pixels more that normal HD!!... at 30fps... what is this? 2008?!? Pff Consoles peasants (Even though I have a PS3 and plan to get PS4 for JRPG exclusives  :P  :ph34r: )

I still plan to get a PS4 circa the time the next wave of fighting games hits. Maybe a couple of JRPGs as well. That's about it

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Remember when consoles weren't budget PC's and MS didn't pay to keep PC games off PC's as "exclusives"? Remember when consoles were different kinds of games then on a computer, with a different kind of game experience with maybe 4 people playing Mario Kart or Goldeneye, or cool games like Wave Race, rather than just inferior PC ports? Remember when FPS games were faster and not dumbed down with every release and made into MMO's with XP and weapon progression and hindered by having to be playable on a console controller, which killed any innovation that we had a decade and a half ago in Starsiege Tribes? 

I wish we could go back to those days as well. I wish these consoles offered anything unique or even good, other then 1-2 overhyped games a year opposed to hundreds of PC exclusives. Then again, now we have big picture mode through Steam, making these consoles useless, other than to rip off naive people who think that pc exclusives on 2 different PC's is awesome, and that paying to play online is awesome and non upgradeable PC's are awesome.

These are the dumbest consoles in the history of consoles. Sony makes PC games and could do the same thing as a software company and would prob make more money than trying to compete with MS's insane advertising. MS could spend money on DirectX exclusives to compete with Steam OS. Both consoles are screwed when low level API's hit the PC. What happens when Pascal hits and a 950ti makes these things look like a joke. The XB1 can't even keep up with a 750ti.  

These consoles aren't unknown architecture, with obscure cpu/gpu setups that companies don't know how to harness yet. These are just crappy PC's that are playing PC games badly and ripping people off in the process. 

I understand what you mean. It's a combination of things nowadays that just make me upset. I hate companies like Microsoft and Sony for overzealous marketing and saying "1080p @ 60fps? PFFT no probs" then they come out and say "uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 879p @ 28 fps. S'good yeah?" then EVERYONE freaks the fuck out because it isn't up to the standard that the obviously more powerful machine is on. And developers (save for indies) seem scared out of their minds to do anything different because maybe a publisher might not like it so they make an FPS that looks nice but isn't overly interesting and IGN says "A+ out of 5 stars out of 10 revolutionary's" and all of a sudden that is the standard.

Less quantity and more (a lot more) quality is basically what I want.

Yeah.  Watchdogs is Highly Detailed.  Here is the Article; It's the City of Boston Chicago Tribune, five pages.

. The Facebook Quote "The Chicago Tribune believes we modeled their city with an unprecedented level of accuracy. We agree_" 

Thus... a lower resolution for consoles.

People have to remember this is an apu there running which is impressive for an apu we havnt seen that type of gpu power on an apu on the pc side but they could of easily put a dedicated CPU and gpu in it which is stupid they didn't also I still think these companies aren't dumb enough to see people will be buying 4k tvs soon and there going to want to play at that res I think they have something up there sleeve for the future there just not telling us sony recently stop production on oled tvs and is focusing on 4k now due to demand like come on they expect these consoles to last 10 years they are going to have to implement some sort of cloud computing.

Probably won't get it much higher then that on my shitty PC.

People have to remember this is an apu there running which is impressive for an apu we havnt seen that type of gpu power on an apu on the pc side but they could of easily put a dedicated CPU and gpu in it which is stupid they didn't also I still think these companies aren't dumb enough to see people will be buying 4k tvs soon and there going to want to play at that res I think they have something up there sleeve for the future there just not telling us sony recently stop production on oled tvs and is focusing on 4k now due to demand like come on they expect these consoles to last 10 years they are going to have to implement some sort of cloud computing.

I'm not impressed. In fact, we should do a Pepsi challenge: can we replicate the (predictably shitty) visual quality of the console versions with an A10 5800k only? I think we just might, particularly if we drop it to 720p 30fps target

-------

Current Rig

-------