Watch Dog's resolutions revealed.

deathjester

"Resolution and frame rate are just numbers, just like your blood pressure is just a number, they don't mean anything"

3770k MaxVFormula 7970 16gb AX760 1 barracuda 250 840 NHD14 

"Resolution and frame rate are just numbers, just like your blood pressure is just a number, they don't mean anything"

Or the speed at which a car hits you. You know i hear that once its above 30, you cant tell the difference anymore. lol at least thats what i've read on some forums :)

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

So latest news that's just been announced, Now that kinect has been 'dropped', Microsoft are talking to devs to discuss freeing up the 10% gpu power held back for the kinect. Now I can already see the bots comments coming. "Just you wait and see, it's going to get more powerful now". Here's the thing. The ps4 iGPU is apparently the equivalent of a HD7850 ish and the Xbox One iGPU is said to currently be the equivalent of a HD7770 ish (I forget the rebrand names r9 270 and R7 250 I think). If you overclock a HD7770 by 10%, which in most cases isn't too hard, it still doesn't come anywhere close to matching the performance of a HD7850 at stock. But I'm calling it now. This will be the new Xbox fans argument.

Original article: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/05/14/xbox-one-performance-could-become-more-powerful-without-kinect

Spoiler
  • Primary PC (Photo editing and gaming on a 4k Monitor): Intel I7 4790k @4.5ghz @1.2v | 24GB  Corsair Vengeance Ram @1600Mhz | 1x Palit GTX 1080 JetStream| 480GB Crucial SSD | 2x WD Blue 500gb | Corsair RM1000 | Corsair 600t
  • Secondary PC (Gaming and watching films on a 42" 4K LG IPS TV @4k60): Inteli7 4790k | Corsair H60 | Asus H81l-plus ITX | 16GB Kingston Hyperx Beast 1600MHz | 1x GTX 980 G1 Windforce| 1x Samsung 1 TB 850 EVO SSD |Corsair CXM750W | Coolermaster Elite 130

Oh no with these resolutions the PC is done for. I mean how are we meant to bring back the PC into today's mainstream of gaming whenever the consoles are producing such amazing graphics.

Also thats nice "Resolution is a number, just like framerate is a number" and yet xbox has managed to develop a brand new resolution called 792p which is because they wanted to push out every single pixel that they could out of that 1 box.

I mean the whole statement that its just a number is stupid otherwise why go for the 900p or 792p (which is obviously Sony and Microsoft pushing their low spec systems to the maximum and then inventing new resolution because they don't meet the standards. GREAT JOB SONY AND MICROSOFT) whenever you can stick with the original resolutions such as 720p if it is just a number.

There is also the exclusive mission that is meant to put you at either side of the console war. They are literally begging you to go to their side by saying Oh if you pick us we will let you play 1 hour extra of missions.

With this sort of attitude and the game graphics I am happy that my PS3 and XBox 360 are sitting gathering dust. And the only good use I get out of them is from the controllers which work perfectly on my PC. I even picked up DS4 controller even though I don't have a PS4

A bit of a ramble about consoles in general VV

Now don't get me wrong there are a lot of (ok maby not alot just some) good things about consoles but the prices and their general attitude for gamers is horrible. Imagine having to buy different games for windows and mac as well as different versions of windows > windows xp, windows vista, windows 7, windows 8 and so on. the whole system of PC gaming is much more friendly compared to the consoles.

Ok so crossed out bits are my mistake and the 900p already existed. So stop raging over nothing.

post-51973-0-31997900-1400082744_thumb.j

post-51973-0-31997900-1400082744_thumb.j

I lol at the comments on gaming articles with people bashing each other over resolution. Buy a PC if you care so much about it.

/problem

Even more lulzy is these resolutions aren't even full HD. Lol just lol

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Oh no with these resolutions the PC is done for. I mean how are we meant to bring back the PC into today's mainstream of gaming whenever the consoles are producing such amazing graphics.

Also thats nice "Resolution is a number, just like framerate is a number" and yet xbox has managed to develop a brand new resolution called 792p which is because they wanted to push out every single pixel that they could out of that 1 box.

I mean the whole statement that its just a number is stupid otherwise why go for the 900p or 792p (which is obviously Sony and Microsoft pushing their low spec systems to the maximum and then inventing new resolutions because they don't meet the standards. GREAT JOB SONY AND MICROSOFT) whenever you can stick with the original resolutions such as 720p if it is just a number.

1) 900p has been around for awhile.

2) Neither Microsoft or Sony made it that resolution. Ubisoft did.

3) You're an idiot.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

1) 900p has been around for awhile.

2) Neither Microsoft or Sony made it that resolution. Ubisoft did.

3) You're an idiot.

Ok it may not have been them to make the resolution but its still pushing the system to the limit to create 792p. And it will still be because of them that those resolutions were used.

Also don't take everything so personally man. If according your your logic I'm an idiot for not knowing something then the whole world is full of idiots including you unless you know everything in the world.

So next time reply in a normal way instead of calling people idiots. Or go post in some other forums Because as far as I know this forum doesn't call people idiots because they don't know everything.

And in terms of the 900 resolution i never had that bad of a computer where my resolution was 900p so sorry for not knowing.

You don't get what you pay for in terms of the game, because if it sells at 60 dollars, compared to other games that run at native resolution, it will not be fair, in terms of performance, but it will probably be fair in terms of gameplay and content.

Ok it may not have been them to make the resolution but its still pushing the system to the limit to create 792p. And it will still be because of them that those resolutions were used.

Also don't take everything so personally man. If according your your logic I'm an idiot for not knowing something then the whole world is full of idiots including you unless you know everything in the world.

So next time reply in a normal way instead of calling people idiots. Or go post in some other forums Because as far as I know this forum doesn't call people idiots because they don't know everything.

And in terms of the 900 resolution i never had that bad of a computer where my resolution was 900p so sorry for not knowing.

You literately went on a rampant PC master race fanboy rant. If you're going to go on a rant, why not have the actual facts, such as who made the resolution or if a resolution is made? Me calling you an idiot wasn't because you didn't know, but because you literately asserted yourself as your view is correct, which false facts, and the overbearing of "PC MASTER RACE", which is the dumbest thing on the forum.

Xbox One runs at 1080p. PS4 runs at 1080p. Problems we encounter is not every knows how to make a game for the new systems yet. There have been multiple people who said it's harder for the new systems compared to the old systems.

Resolutions aren't everything. Guess what. The Last of US, an exclusive, ran at 720p30. They couldn't make it run at 1080p without sacrificing quality. PS3 can run at 1080p, but the game simply ran better performance wise at 720p. Guess what? TLoU is one of the greatest games of all time if we're going by accolades. Halo 4 is probably the prettiest game on Xbox 360 in it's life time. 720p30. Despite the resolution, it's a damn gorgeous game and the cutscenes were phenomenal.

Resolution does matter, if you're going to be pretentious about it. But if a game looks damn good at a lower resolution (GTA, Uncharcted, TLoU, Halo 4, etc etc), then who the fuck cares? Does it really matter that much? Or does your penis need to be flaunted around the fact that you can afford a PC that runs it at a higher resolution.

This post isn't directed at you, but it's directed at "PC MASTER RACE" in general. You just happened to be quoted.

Desktop: Intel i5-3570K (stock) | Asus Sabertooth Z77 | G.Skill RipJaw 16GB 1600MHz | Samsung 840 120GB | EVGA GTX 680 SC+ 2GB | Fractal Design R4 | Windows 8 Pro (soon to have dual boot Mac OS X)

Retina Macbook Pro : Intel i7-3840QM | 16GB 1600 MHz | 256GB SSD | Nvidia GT 650M 1GB | Mac OS X 10.8.5

“Resolution is a number, just like framerate is a number." lmao, poor peasants.

Strange that CD Projekt Red said this: (Which is interesting, but still these consoles are hardly "NEXT GEN" when they still run quite badly

""The final effect, whether it's 720p, 1080p--we had the debate in the studio about it and actually asked our tech guys to explain how it works, and they sent me some complicated graphs that 'if I have this size of the screen, and I sit one meter or two meters from it, then I might be able to see the difference.'

"It's more of a PR differentiation, which is very important for Sony right now--and they are using it, obviously--than something that is really meaningful to gamers."

http://www.shacknews.com/article/84488/witcher-3-dev-says-resolution-is-more-of-a-pr

It is called a developer needing to sell to all parties, and not upsetting console fanboys from one side, and or getting completely paid off from a company to say BS, so that the company themselves are not responsible for false advertising. Just like the devs who lied about cloud in Titanfall. Just like the devs who lie about cloud doubling the Xbox One (all the cpu power in the world isn't going to help that GPU). Where did MS ever claim resolution was going to go up in games? When did MS claim Direct X 12 would help with resolution or graphics or make their games 1080p? They didn't. They do it through third parties and astroturfers. They let the weak minded believe that crap, and once a lie firmly takes root, the morons on message board forums on sites like IGN do the astroturfing for them.. 

What did Projekt Red say on Twitter?

qTPa4nO.jpg?1

What did the lead API tech at MS say about DirectX 12 and Xbox One? That these devs paid off by MS are full of it. I don't believe a word out of these devs mouths anymore, especially when it is a interview with a site like IGN. I also don't for a second believe you need a 4770k to max out a 560ti in Watch Dog's. If you do? You are an imbecile. This is BS advertising to make the consoles look more powerful than they are and advertising to sell hardware for Nvidia/Intel/AMD. 

"When we spoke to Microsoft's Anuj Gosalia after the announcement, though, he downplayed the importance of DX12 for Xbox One titles. Gosalia suggested that DX12 won't necessarily change that (getting higher resolution on titles) or offer any particular new graphical effects. "This just lets you exploit a little bit more of what the hardware can do."

Now is this guy qualified to say this? Let's check the GDC conference for his credentials at MS.

"Anuj Gosalia has spent 18 years at Microsoft working on graphics technology. He spent almost all of this time working on DirectX. Currently he manages the graphics team overseeing rendering APIs, OS infrastructure and the driver model."

Sony lying about resolution for Watch Dog's, MS lying through third party sources. That is all you ever get with consoles. Lies, false advertising, PC gameplay shown at E3, sold as a console game. Then you have fake PC gamers defending PC exclusive games on a budget PC with a Sony/MS on it on tech forums. The advertising and BS coming from these companies is laughable, and the underhanded means they will use to pander their crap, while labeling people that call them out as "elitists" is even more laughable. PC gamers pay less not more. 

It is so bad on IGN that I have seen people claim you need a 150 dollar HDMI cable to hook up a PC to a TV. When I linked a monoprice.com cable for 3 bucks my post was deleted by mods, while theirs stayed linking some ridiculous fabrication that IGNorant people ate right up.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

Whatever. I'll be playing 1080p at around 45FPS with my 760 :P hopefully I can max it. THOSE REQUIREMENTS THOUGH! 8gb of ram, and a 3.0ghz quad core? HAHAHA GOOD ONE, UBISOFT!

You literately went on a rampant PC master race fanboy rant. If you're going to go on a rant, why not have the actual facts, such as who made the resolution or if a resolution is made? Me calling you an idiot wasn't because you didn't know, but because you literately asserted yourself as your view is correct, which false facts, and the overbearing of "PC MASTER RACE", which is the dumbest thing on the forum.

Xbox One runs at 1080p. PS4 runs at 1080p. Problems we encounter is not every knows how to make a game for the new systems yet. There have been multiple people who said it's harder for the new systems compared to the old systems.

Resolutions aren't everything. Guess what. The Last of US, an exclusive, ran at 720p30. They couldn't make it run at 1080p without sacrificing quality. PS3 can run at 1080p, but the game simply ran better performance wise at 720p. Guess what? TLoU is one of the greatest games of all time if we're going by accolades. Halo 4 is probably the prettiest game on Xbox 360 in it's life time. 720p30. Despite the resolution, it's a damn gorgeous game and the cutscenes were phenomenal.

Resolution does matter, if you're going to be pretentious about it. But if a game looks damn good at a lower resolution (GTA, Uncharcted, TLoU, Halo 4, etc etc), then who the fuck cares? Does it really matter that much? Or does your penis need to be flaunted around the fact that you can afford a PC that runs it at a higher resolution.

This post isn't directed at you, but it's directed at "PC MASTER RACE" in general. You just happened to be quoted.

Yet again you argue with your facts. My ps3 runs at 1080p but only for the menu doesn't mean I can play games at that resolution. So what is the point of a system that can technically run in 1080p but it doesn't. So please enlighten me on why this time the the ability to run at 1080p on the new systems is better.

And if you didn't notice I already said that I have a ps3 and xbox 360 in my house so I'm hardly a fan boy. But I do go for the more practical product as would any person that has some technological background.

And yet again the fact that they can't run games at higher resolution without sacrificing quality is the point that they can't achieve higher resolutions as was stated in my first post "pushing their low spec systems to the maximum".

And finally resolution isn't everything yes but if you can have high resolution and great graphics with it why settle for less when you can clearly notice the difference.

Whatever. I'll be playing 1080p at around 45FPS with my 760 :P hopefully I can max it. THOSE REQUIREMENTS THOUGH! 8gb of ram, and a 3.0ghz quad core? HAHAHA GOOD ONE, UBISOFT!

That GPU will prob run Ultra with some silly setting like Tress FX (that the consoles don't even have) turned off. The ONLY way a 4770k could ever be needed for this game, is if they added some crazy physics setting (that you can turn off and that is not even on in the consoles) that blows around pop cans "super accurately" with wind, that will prob look awkward and stupid anyways, just like Lara's breakdancing hair. I have a 4770k. You think I would leave that setting on over higher FPS? Hell no lol. Ubisoft selling a 4770k as needed for ultra when this games physics and "open world" NPC stuff is being run on a Xbox 360/PS3 is the biggest lie I have ever heard as far as CPU recommendations. 

What is a GTX 760 on a OC? Close to 3 TFLOPS compared to the Xbox One's 1.31 and PS4's 1.84? That is the max they are ever going to get out of that machine and that is if the laughable CPU in them isn't bottlenecking the GPU, even with a low level API. That 760 will look stupidly better than these consoles and the Nvidia exclusive stuff they are promoting with this game has looked like crap in other games, so I don't even know if I will leave it on. Other settings in the Nvidia Control Panel will probably look better and about the only PhysX thing I ever thought was awesome was Planetside 2 explosions, which Sony took out of the game when they optimized it for the future PS4 port (I hate you Sony).

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.

It serves them right for shelling out on $300-$400 "next-gen" consoles.

You get what you pay for.

Excuse me but $300-$400 isn't such a huge amount to all of us. I will be getting a PS4 after my build is complete or maybe during tech school. Might even pick up a PS3 GTA5 bundle if I see one. I hate that I sold my 360. 

...and saying serves them right is stupid and immature. Not everybody sits two inches away from a monitor. Even then what do you mean by "serves them right?" Does it make you feel better.... 

i'll be back in a second guys! i'm just gonna play dead trigger 2 on my phone at 1080p and well over 40 fps...

People wanted cheap consoles and they got it.
Console gamers have no right to complain about the console not doing 1080p/60fps.
The Ps3 was high end and was $600 (worth $800) on release and that without games,one controller and an HDMI cable wasn't even included.
But nobody bought it so now they have to live with crappy low end consoles.

I will play Watch_dogs maxed out in 1080p on my 2 year old overclocked GTX670.

RTX2070OC 

People wanted cheap consoles and they got it.

Console gamers have no right to complain about the console not doing 1080p/60fps.

The Ps3 was high end and was $600 (worth $800) on release and that without games,one controller and an HDMI cable wasn't even included.

But nobody bought it so now they have to live with crappy low end consoles.

I will play Watch_dogs maxed out in 1080p on my 2 year old overclocked GTX670.

the problem with people is that they buy 2 separate things that have low end hardware (crappy pc and a console) where they could easly just buy a much better pc for that money and have fun with the huge amount of games that there are for pc and also save a bunch of money for example on the steam summer sale

the problem with people is that they buy 2 separate things that have low end hardware (crappy pc and a console) where they could easly just buy a much better pc for that money and have fun with the huge amount of games that there are for pc and also save a bunch of money for example on the steam summer sale

That's what I told all my friends till they switched after 1 year to PC :D

RTX2070OC 

Totally agree. PC prices are cheaper compared to what they were and you can get cheap PC's that can run games better than any console. My PC is over 3 years old now and it will still run the game better than the PS4 or xboxOne.

Swiftie "That's what I told all my friends till they switched after 1 year to PC  :D

We need more people like you. If all of us can convert console gamers to PC all the Sony Microsoft and PC gamer wars will stop. :D

http://blog.ubi.com/watch-dogs-next-gen-game-resolution-dynamism/

"On new-gen systems the game will run at 900p on PS4 and 792p on Xbox One, at 30 frames-per-second on both consoles. While some new-gen games now offer native 1080p, Morin says it’s much more important to deliver an amazing next-gen experience than it is to push a few more pixels onto a screen. “Resolution is a number, just like framerate is a number."

watch_dogs_60fps.jpg

Get out of here Sony with your 1.84 TFLOP 7790 GPU. Should have been "that only the PC can provide". 

The game actually won't run at full at 1080p on PS4 either.

Dreadnaught: Intel Core i7 970 3.2GHz, Silverstone TD-02, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, Kingston Fury White 24GB 1866MHz, Crucial BX100 250GB + Seagate 2TB SSHD, AMD Radeon Sapphire R9 390 Nitro, NZXT S340 White, Bitfenix Fury 650W, BenQ XL2730Z.

Still wont buy a console.. PC MASTER RACE

Computer and other things (My Phanteks Enthoo Elite build is done)

Spoiler

Main Computer

Spoiler

Processor: Intel Core i7 6850k @4.5GHz
Motherboard: Asus Rampage V ROG Edition 10
Heatsink: Custom Hardline
Memory: Corsaor Dominator 16GB (4GB x2) DDR4 3000MHz 
Video Card: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW
Hard Drive: x2 OCZ ARC 100 240GB RAID 0 (Boot), Western Digital 4TB SSHD (Steam), x2 Adata 512GB (Steam)
Main GUI: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

All That Extra Stuff

Spoiler

Monitor: x2 Dell U2414H
Keyboard: Ducky Shine 5 RGB (Cherry MX Blue)
Mouse: Logitech G502
Headset: AKG K553 Pro Studio Headphones
Speakers: Boston Accustics Home Media Theater 2.1 + Boston Accustics Soundbar
Microphone: Audio Technica AT-2035 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo
Sound: Creative Sound Blaster E5 DAC

Server

Spoiler

Case: Rosewill 4U Rackmount RSV-L4500

Processor: Intel Xeon E5-2670 V3 12C/24T

Motherboard: Asrock x99 Extreme 4

Ram: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2133 4x4GB

Video Card: Nvidia GT520

OS Drive: Kingston Hyperx 240GB SSD

Raid Card: LSI MegaRaid  9261-8i 8-port

Hard Drives: x7 HGST 4TB Nas

This guy has a point. Why waste bandwidth on 1080p.

I always stream content in 240p. Because resolution are just numbers man.

Guess what, The Last of Us was 720p/30fps on a console that came out in 2006. A game running at 792p/30fps on a console that came out in 2013 is unacceptable. It's not about PC Master race. It's about the very minor improvement in performance after 7 years. If you upgraded from a GT 8800 (2006) to a GTX 780 (2013) and only got that much improvement you would be pissed off.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB