SSDs starting at $10 - Amazon US

da na

Lexar's NS100 series SSDs are 50+% off at Amazon right now, with $10 for 128GB, $15 for 256GB, and $21 for 512GB. Compared to cheap SSDs you'd typically get in that price range, these Lexar SSDs are quite reliable and fast. I've bought a few of these in the past for upgrades to customer computers and have only heard good things about them. 

Amazon.com: Lexar NS100 128GB 2.5” SATA III Internal SSD, Solid State Drive, Up To 520MB/s Read (LNS100-128RBNA) : Electronics

Just now, da na said:

Lexar's NS100 series SSDs are 50+% off at Amazon right now, with $10 for 128GB, $15 for 256GB, and $21 for 512GB. Compared to cheap SSDs you'd typically get in that price range, these Lexar SSDs are quite reliable and fast. I've bought a few of these in the past for upgrades to customer computers and have only heard good things about them. 

Amazon.com: Lexar NS100 128GB 2.5” SATA III Internal SSD, Solid State Drive, Up To 520MB/s Read (LNS100-128RBNA) : Electronics

SSDs have become so cheap, I've already replaced all my main drives with SSDs, and still have leftovers

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Slight heads up for people.

These have a higher than usual doa rate (they are basically leftover components drives). So if you buy in bulk test them asap because these peeps do not offer warranty support :p.

Also write speed is not good due to slow flash and no real cache. Entirely fine drive to read from and they'll go near max sata 3 for that

Just now, Radium_Angel said:

SSDs have become so cheap, I've already replaced all my main drives with SSDs, and still have leftovers

For my stack of Core 2 Duo laptops my go-to is the Patriot 120GB drives. They're around $12/drive and are reasonably fast, around 460mbps in practice. 

Just now, jaslion said:

Slight heads up for people.

These have a higher than usual doa rate (they are basically leftover components drives). So if you buy in bulk test them asap because these peeps do not offer warranty support :p.

Also write speed is not good due to slow flash and no real cache. Entirely fine drive to read from and they'll go near max sata 3 for that

to be fair, a $10 SSD would be even less reliable and slower, good luck getting a DRAM SSD for $10

Just now, da na said:

to be fair, a $10 SSD would be even less reliable and slower, good luck getting a DRAM SSD for $10

Oh yeah totally.

Just letting peeps know so they know what they are getting in to as the amazon listing is as per usual non descriptive.

I've bought plenty bulk ssds like this. Always spent an afternoon testing and sending back a decent amount 😛

Lexar did this I think about a year ago too? I have almost 2 handfulls still in my ssd basket it seems

8 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Oh yeah totally.

Just letting peeps know so they know what they are getting in to as the amazon listing is as per usual non descriptive.

I've bought plenty bulk ssds like this. Always spent an afternoon testing and sending back a decent amount 😛

Lexar did this I think about a year ago too? I have almost 2 handfulls still in my ssd basket it seems

Bruh what the hell do you need so many ssds for

5 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

I've bought 9 SSDs in the past few years to use for boot drives in various computers - almost all upgrades from old HDDs. I'm not going to let anyone in my family continue to use HDDs as boot media in 2023. I'm not sadistic; I care about my loved ones.

12 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

People abandon shitboxes here all the time so I slap in a ssd after hdd destruction and send em on their way to whomever wants them next.

Sometimes its a nice pc other times its trash. But I got plenty ssds new and recycled to use.

Its a problem tho with other hardware like gpu's where its not worth my time putting individual ones online if they will go for 50 or less and are individual pieces so they kinda stack up and I often ask friends like. Yo you want a free gpu?

Or I build a cheap system for a customer in the extreme budget systems category which is treated under a different sort of warranty than the normally enforced 2 years.

8 minutes ago, jaslion said:

People abandon shitboxes here all the time so I slap in a ssd after hdd destruction and send em on their way to whomever wants them next.

Where do you even find em anyways cause i havent seen a free pc here in indo or any places that allow you to buy old ewaste aside from online eshops

9 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Or I build a cheap system for a customer in the extreme budget systems category which is treated under a different sort of warranty than the normally enforced 2 years.

what kinda warranty anyways?

And do you actually make profit?

currently with the system im about to sell for 400$ ish im looking at a 1 year warranty that covers overclocking and hardware failiures (particularly psu failiures even though i know this tundra 700w is fine) so should i extend it?

i doubt whoever buys this thing will actually bother to oc the thing further cause x5650 is already hitting diminishing returns (4.2ghz) and 95c with prime95 smallest ffts alongside the rams being at 1900 (dud board that cant bclk, all subtimings tightened, 2v), and the only thing that hasnt been fully maxed out is the uncore but thats just thermal limits at 3400 1.45v vtt cause 3600 needs more vtt and that seems to really heat the cpu when i run largeffts to the point that temps start matching smallest ffts, otherwise i dont mind running 1.55v vtt. So oc warranty is really just a marketing thing since i already tune the damn thing to the max and ignore idiotic overly conservative safe voltages =p

52 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

maybe in the US where it might be 30-50 dollars per TB, while here its 95 dollars

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Where do you even find em anyways cause i havent seen a free pc here in indo or any places that allow you to buy old ewaste aside from online eshops

Literally clients that dont pick em up even after agreeing on the price n stuff.

Hence why with big repairs I do double billing to at least recover some cost and have a 3months pickup or ownership transfers clause.

Also helps that if its a stolen good or not their property they are on the line for theft and I'm fine. Worst case I lose a abandoned piece of tech.

It is a pain tho.

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

what kinda warranty anyways?

And do you actually make profit?

2 years after sales warranty but as I operate on the used goods scale for complete builds and do a parts + assembly fee and not a complete system bill I can split warranty between the mandatory 2 years and whatever the manufacturers do and the required legal minimum for used parts (and if you ain a dick and shit breaks outside of the period randomly I'll replace it as this is only a secondary source of income anyway)

I also sell AS IS stuff aka the things I tested working but didnt bother cleaning up because not worth the time or a box full of scrap that probably works or whatever.

As for warranty advice keep it at a minimum and have tiers. I usually bundle a small charge for yearly hardware maintenance for 2 years on it (literally just dusting it out because almost NOBODY cleans their system) but never on laptops because those are a pain

As for oc warranty. I dunno what they do and unless I see some weird af hardware failiures that scream they did something wrong I accept em back and if they have manufacturer warranty its the manufacturers problem. Just annoying when I need to post it out. Hence why we are with 2 doing this part time and prefer full scarp systems.

We also offer trade ins, buy ins and no cost system recycling. That last part we even get paid for a little bit for being a electronics recycling recieving point! With thebonus that the moment stuff is in the recycling zone and dropped off its our to do with as we please

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

if they have manufacturer warranty its the manufacturers problem

So manufacturer warranties dont just void once you sell the thing off?

Im going to do this selling as more of a side gig anyways but while theres no school i may aswell turn this into a full time thing so i can make better use of my time and use the money to buy myself some stuff and help my parents out even though mom insists that shes fine, so basically just a full time job when i have time and a side gig once school starts

pretty much the main selling points of the pcs ill make will be activated windows 10/11 enterprise ltsc cause basically no other seller activates windows let alone a superior enterprise ltsc version thats debloated, >16gb of ram cause rams cheap and ppl pay more for extra ram, alongside just everything being overclocked to the moon with an accompanying warranty that covers it (and further tuning if theres somehow any oc headroom left). So rip the competition that runs their crap stock with no activated windows

Here in asia competition is quite fierce if the case market is anything to go by (airflow cases that include multiple rgb fans for ~20$ where in the west youd only get a shitty generic office tower) so ill just use my knowledge and fearlessness to my advantage being able to take advantage of cheap used parts and ocing the shit out of em

40 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

So manufacturer warranties dont just void once you sell the thing off?

Course not I am a business I either transfer the warranty to the customer or keep the warranty as a business and honour it for the customer when they come back to do a warranty claim.