Can you give me rough estimate what it would cost to make this program?

empleat

I need to make program, which will calculate all permutations of all foods in grams, and output  how much of all foods to eat so I reach near perfect RDA on all nutrients! While it should be able give reasonable meals to eat and give foods which are suitable for breakfasts etc. and generate meal plans... So it will be very very complicated! I will send hair to like nutrigenetics lab, so they can estimate my personal RDA...

https://cs.stackexchange.com/questions/148325/determining-runtime-of-a-theoretical-program-question-of-extraordinary-complexi

There are not even dieticians in our country (doctors with high school), all scam, will ask hundreds of $ and give you random diet plan like it was randomly generated, it is all scam. Besides we have terrible healtcare in our country, i will have to travel to other country literally for a doctor... Don't tell me what i should do!!! Either answer my question, or rather don't please!

If you are making the program, it shouldn't cost you anything. If you are hiring a programmer, then it's gonna depends on where they are in the world as to what they charge. You can hire an Indian programmer for something like this for probably as little as 100$ US. I suspect you could get this done in Excel or possibly Access, it seems to just be a database of nutritional (numbers) info.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

I agree with @Radium_Angel, also regarding your question on stackexchange:

I have to buy a new computer and need to make some considerations which hardware to buy! Is it possible to run program like that on GPU for better performance? I have RTX 3070, I wonder whether or not I need better CPU. I think even Intel Core i3-12100F is fine for most programming in C++ I Am not sure if this can be run on GPU tho, not sure if it is possible to tell ahead even! Otherwise I might need to consider buying better CPU, so later I don't find out it is not powerful enough - that would be annoying! Thanks!

The computational power required for something like this in the modern day is negligible, any modern CPU is capable of doing this in a few seconds at most. Optimizing the program to run efficiently on your GPU would be a waste of effort.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

5 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

it seems to just be a database of nutritional (numbers) info.

Yeah, but as you already probably know tasks that seem simple at the 1st glance have a way of becoming very complicated.
Typically because not enough time was allocated to the planning and scope...

8 hours ago, empleat said:

Don't tell me what i should do!!! Either answer my question, or rather don't please!

I was going to write a lengthy reply as to how the whole process would work, how much each phase would cost you and what you could do yourself to keep the cost down and get exactly what you need...
But with this kind of attitude, not gonna bother, here you go: 10k USD - 100k USD.

VGhlIHF1aWV0ZXIgeW91IGJlY29tZSwgdGhlIG1vcmUgeW91IGFyZSBhYmxlIHRvIGhlYXIu

^ not a crypto wallet

Never mind, i got so ahead of myself, there is no way to establish personal RDA at this time, it is shot into dark, nutrigenetics is just nascent field and it is not just possible yet... It is waste of time...

21 hours ago, Sauron said:

The computational power required for something like this in the modern day is negligible

It depends if he want to build all combinaison or not. Actually 1000^30 is stupidly intensive. Each food has many element but if we assume only  1 nutriment salt (sodium) we have :

Lets say we use 16 bit floats somehow that's still at least 2 byte per food and a combo is at least 2 food so 8 bytes per 1000^30.

that's 8,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 bytes of data lol. If he want all nutriments and full balancing he's in wazoo territory.

a small conversion :

8,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 megabytes

8,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 terabytes

8,000,000,000,000,000 exabytes

8,000,000,000,000 zetabytes (be it + or - 2.6 billion time the size of the internet)

2 hours ago, Franck said:

It depends if he want to build all combinaison or not. Actually 1000^30 is stupidly intensive. Each food has many element but if we assume only  1 nutriment salt (sodium) we have :

Lets say we use 16 bit floats somehow that's still at least 2 byte per food and a combo is at least 2 food so 8 bytes per 1000^30.

that's 8,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 bytes of data lol. If he want all nutriments and full balancing he's in wazoo territory.

a small conversion :

8,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 megabytes

8,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 terabytes

8,000,000,000,000,000 exabytes

8,000,000,000,000 zetabytes (be it + or - 2.6 billion time the size of the internet)

I'm not sure where 1000^30 came from... any given food will have a fixed combination of nutrients per gram, if I understand OP correctly the task is to find combinations of existing foods... obviously if you take individual grains of each nutrient it's different but also not practically feasible

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*