AMD fTPM hacked

porina
4 hours ago, DrMacintosh said:

Microsoft does not encrypt your local storage unless you have a pro license and specifically enable BitLocker.

True. BitLocker is officially a feature to Pro and not Home edition. However, some OEMs will enable SED that leverages native SSD encryption with BitLocker managing the key (but it doesn't show as being encrypted). But it is the exception rather than the rule.

It is very stupid of Microsoft to have omitted Home Edition of having BitLocker in Windows 11. It's 2023, and OSX has had FileVault available for the last 20 years!

On 5/7/2023 at 8:45 AM, StDragon said:

It is very stupid of Microsoft to have omitted Home Edition of having BitLocker in Windows 11. It's 2023, and OSX has had FileVault available for the last 20 years!

Bitlocker still isn't in Home Edition... lame sighhhhhhhh

On 5/6/2023 at 11:30 PM, jagdtigger said:

Now you are just putting words in my mouth. Argument ended on my side.

It's not my fault you want to pick the laws you like and ignore the ones you don't, and it's also not my fault you don't like what you yourself have been saying 🤷‍♂️

I have not put a single word in your mouth, not even slightly. If you don't like how it's sounding then you simply need to change your opinion or embrace it, again it's not my fault you don't like your own words and opinion.

The olive branch I will extend is that the problem and what you don't like about what I am pointing out is 'unintended consequences'. By saying a Court Order is not proper authorization to get access to a computer is a computer is no more special than anything else which means it would apply to everything else equally also. If you're not going to allow courts to compel access to evidence when required and necessary then the justice system simply stops working entirely. This is what you are actually saying, intentional or not.

22 hours ago, leadeater said:

Bitlocker still isn't in Home Edition... lame sighhhhhhhh

Yeah, it’s extremely not cool. 

Laptop: 2019 16" MacBook Pro i7, 512GB, 5300M 4GB, 16GB DDR4 | Phone: iPhone 13 Pro Max 128GB | Wearables: Apple Watch SE | Car: 2007 Ford Taurus SE | CPU: R7 5700X | Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4 | RAM: 32GB 3200 | GPU: ASRock RX 5700 8GB | Case: Apple PowerMac G5 | OS: Win 11 | Storage: 1TB Crucial P3 NVME SSD, 1TB PNY CS900, & 4TB WD Blue HDD | PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W | Display: LG 27GL83A-B 1440p @ 144Hz, Dell S2719DGF 1440p @144Hz | Cooling: Wraith Prism | Keyboard: G610 Orion Cherry MX Brown | Mouse: G305 | Audio: Audio Technica ATH-M50X & Blue Snowball | Server: 2018 Core i3 Mac mini, 128GB SSD, Intel UHD 630, 16GB DDR4 | Storage: OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad (6TB WD Blue HDD, 12TB Seagate Barracuda, 1TB Crucial SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD)

• 2 months later...

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/tesla-mcu-amd-asp-flaw-jailbreak

https://www.blackhat.com/us-23/briefings/schedule/index.html#jailbreaking-an-electric-vehicle-in--or-what-it-means-to-hotwire-teslas-x-based-seat-heater-33049

"Hacking the embedded car computer could allow users to unlock these features without paying," the TU Berlin researchers add. For example, 2021 Model 3 SR+ vehicles can enable the Cold Weather Feature (heated steering wheel, heated rear seats) for an extra $300. This feature unlock is confirmed to work with the exploit.

What's interesting to note about this flaw is that it is "unpatchable," meaning that Tesla has no known mitigation solutions to counter it. Another consequence is that the exploit can "extract an otherwise vehicle-unique hardware-bound RSA key used to authenticate and authorize a car in Tesla's internal service network."

17 hours ago, StDragon said:

I always find it funny that manufacturers lock their cars down so no-one else can service thwm in the name of "security" then it turns out the security in their cars is a joke..... X'D