Single aio Cooler vs Air Cooler

What is the best purchase when it comes to single fan radiator Aio cooler vs Cpu Air Cooler.
The CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 3600. Right now i am using the Stock cooler that comes with this processor.
Temps are not that great.

Also please recommend me some with your experience.

Thanks 

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

5 minutes ago, Waqas409 said:

What is the best purchase when it comes to single fan radiator Aio cooler vs Cpu Air Cooler.
The CPU is AMD Ryzen 5 3600. Right now i am using the Stock cooler that comes with this processor.

Thanks 

Big dual tower Air coolers wil be better than 120AIOs

2 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Big dual tower Air coolers wil be better than 120AIOs

Thank you.
What's your recommendation for dual tower air cooler? 
Please do not recommend hyper 212, i had very bad experience with it, which you can check below in my other post. 

Ryzen 5 3600 | MSI B450 Tomahawk Max | Corsair Vengeance lpx 32gb 3600mhz | EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING | XPG Core Reactor 850w

12 minutes ago, Waqas409 said:

Thanks 

120mm AIO's are a waste of money. A dual tower cooler like the Deepcool Ak620 outperforms even some 240mm AIO's out there.
Currently I am using the AK620 with a Overclocked 3500 and it cools the CPU better than my previous CM 240mm aio

• AMD Ryzen 7 5700X Stock
  • B550 Aorus Elite V2 Rev1.2
  • G.Skill TridentZ RGB 3600Mhz 32gb (8gb x4)
  • MSI Mech 2X RX6600
  • Deepcool AK620 WH
  • Deepcool CK500 WH
  • Kingston A2000 250gb + WD Blue 1tb HDD, Sn550 1tb + MX500 1000gb
  • Antec EAG Pro 750 80+G
  • Benq Mobiuz EX2510 144Hz

Just now, Techreprise said:

120mm AIO's are a waste of money. A dual tower cooler like the Deepcool Ak620 outperforms even some 240mm AIO's out there.

A front mounted 240 AIO wil blow any air cooler out of the water 

Just now, Waqas409 said:

What's your recommendation for dual tower air cooler? 

Current community recommendations are the Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 and Deepcool AK620. They're about $40 and $65 respectively, performance is about the same with both though the Deepcool cooler does admittedly look better.

For a 3600 you don't really need a dual tower air cooler, a cheaper 120mm single tower like the ID-COOLING SE-214-XT should be fine, though the price difference between it and the Thermalright cooler is small enough that you might as well just get the Peerless Assassin. 

1 minute ago, NorKris said:

No it won't 🙂

• MSI Mech 2X RX6600
  • Deepcool AK620 WH
  • Deepcool CK500 WH
  • Antec EAG Pro 750 80+G

4 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Current community recommendations are the Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 and Deepcool AK620. They're about $40 and $65 respectively, performance is about the same with both though the Deepcool cooler does admittedly look better.

For a 3600 you don't really need a dual tower air cooler, a cheaper 120mm single tower like the ID-COOLING SE-214-XT should be fine, though the price difference between it and the Thermalright cooler is small enough that you might as well just get the Peerless Assassin. 

Thank you.
Actually i'd like to have a permanent or kind of long term solution since i'll upgrade my 3600 to 5x series later on. 

3 minutes ago, Techreprise said:

No it won't 🙂

yes it will 

Deepcool Gamer Storm Assassin III is a beast 

Just now, NorKris said:

yes it will 

Sure, whatever floats your boat 🙂

• MSI Mech 2X RX6600
  • Deepcool AK620 WH
  • Deepcool CK500 WH
  • Antec EAG Pro 750 80+G

9 minutes ago, Techreprise said:

Sure, whatever floats your boat 🙂

my boat  and GN's boat 

38 minutes ago, Waqas409 said:

Thanks 

The 3600 isn't a hot chip, but the Wraith Stealth is terrible. For all the love it seems to get, really the only difference between it and an Intel cooler is a bigger fan. For reference, I'm using the copper slug Wraith Spire on my 5600, and while it does get a little toasty during Cinebench inside of my Silverstone SG13 hotbox (creeping up towards 80C), temps and noise are never anywhere near the extreme.

If you have 160mm in your case, damn near any 120mm tower will more than cover you. Thermalright has a bunch of uber-cheap 120mm coolers that constantly go on sale for $20 or less, and any of those will work. I'm also a huge fan of the Deepcool Gammaxx 400, which can often be found for $15.

24 minutes ago, NorKris said:

S6HAKVZ.gif.b666d5e22a58767808172c27890396aa.gif

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

4 hours ago, NorKris said:

my boat  and GN's boat

I knew it!

You really do love him like a real tech Jesus, his word is your gospel 🙂

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's

4 minutes ago, freeagent said:

I knew it!

You really do love him like a real tech Jesus, his word is your gospel 🙂

yeep!  our tech jesus with the best testing methodology in the "bis" 🙂 

12 hours ago, NorKris said:

Only some of them will.  For example, the Endorfy Navis 240 F280.

Edited by RevGAM
Corrected model

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

46 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Only some of them will.  For example, the Endorfy Navis 240.

and what do u think determine that?  what about h100i pro? or EK aio 240

46 minutes ago, NorKris said:

and what do u think determine that?  what about h100i pro? or EK aio 240

I was just giving ONE example of an AIO of the size that you specified that would beat all air coolers. Is there a problem?

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

45 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

I was just giving ONE example of an AIO of the size that you specified that would beat all air coolers. Is there a problem?

I mean, i say all (unless its made by Msi or some other sh1t) but u say some, maybe u had some examples 😛 

13 minutes ago, NorKris said:

I mean, i say all (unless its made by Msi or some other sh1t) but u say some, maybe u had some examples 😛 

I say some, so does @Techreprise, and if you want to look it up, you'll realize we're right cuz a bad AIO is worse than a great air cooler. I'm not home but if you really want, I'll look it up for you. Heck there are some 360s that can't beat the best air coolers. 

2 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

I say some, so does @Techreprise, and if you want to look it up, you'll realize we're right cuz a bad AIO is worse than a great air cooler. in not home but if you really want, I'll look it up for you. Heck there are some 360s that can't beat the best air coolers. 

only if they are clogged up.

47 minutes ago, NorKris said:

only if they are clogged up.

Nope. I've seen reviews from various sources that demonstrate that some AIOs just aren't well-designed.

4 hours ago, RevGAM said:

Nope. I've seen reviews from various sources that demonstrate that some AIOs just aren't well-designed.

ok, keep in mind that i said front mounted, and many reveiwers dont do this,  many also dont  give out total w or room temp either 

6 hours ago, NorKris said:

ok, keep in mind that i said front mounted, and many reveiwers dont do this,  many also dont  give out total w or room temp either 

Fair. Have you found reviews with front-mounted 240/280 AIOs that show all of them beating the best air coolers?

1 hour ago, RevGAM said:

Fair. Have you found reviews with front-mounted 240/280 AIOs that show all of them beating the best air coolers?

No, i use GNs numbers (open bench) as ref, where D15 and the winner of HWcanucks test(deepcool ass 3)  got beaten by EK240, Gallahad240, H100i pro, evga clc240 (tested by GN) and as we know  in-case is worse for an air cooler than a frontmounted aio 

2 hours ago, NorKris said:

and as we know  in-case is worse for an air cooler than a frontmounted aio 

Sure, if you have a case like yours 😄

AMD R9 5900X | Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 EVO, T30,TL-C12 Pro
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 4x8GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1496 | WD SN850, SN850X, SN770
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact RGB, Many CFM's