Single aio Cooler vs Air Cooler

3 minutes ago, freeagent said:

Sure, if you have a case like yours 😄

are u saying that my case have bad airflow? and that aircoolers DONT get heat from the GPU? 

23 minutes ago, NorKris said:

are u saying that my case have bad airflow?

Maybe 😄

23 minutes ago, NorKris said:

and that aircoolers DONT get heat from the GPU? 

There you go putting words in other peoples mouths again 😄

But FYI.. not everyone plays games 😉

AMD R7 5800X3D | Thermalright Aqua Elite 360, 3x TL-B12, 2x TL-K12
Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z @ 3733C14 1.5v
Zotac 4070 Ti Trinity OC @ 3045/1495 | WD SN8501TB, SN850X2TB
Seasonic Vertex GX-1000 | Fractal Torrent Compact, 2x TL-B14, TL-D14X

Just now, freeagent said:

Maybe 😄

funny funny, its a case after CM HAF, High Airflow XD 

3 minutes ago, freeagent said:

There you go putting words in other peoples mouths again 

But FYI.. not everyone plays games 😉

Nah i was asking. but ye good point, but the MB wil generate heat, some to alot of that wil make it into the air cooler. i think we can all agee that out of case is the BEST case scenario for a cooler 

5 minutes ago, NorKris said:

unny funny, its a case after CM HAF, High Airflow XD 

I think its just a name, looking at some pics it does not seem to be high airflow at all 🤨

5 minutes ago, NorKris said:

Nah i was asking. but ye good point, but the MB wil generate heat, some to alot of that wil make it into the air cooler. i think we can all agee that out of case is the BEST case scenario for a cooler 

If you have an airflow orientated case, you wont even notice it. Heck even at 325w for extended periods the GPU does not heat up my CPU. If it does, it is only by 1-3c at best.

I do have a test bench, and I do consistently get better temps in my case. But you already know that I have an airflow orientated case.

17 minutes ago, NorKris said:

No, i use GNs numbers (open bench) as ref, where D15 and the winner of HWcanucks test(deepcool ass 3)  got beaten by EK240, Gallahad240, H100i pro, evga clc240 (tested by GN) and as we know  in-case is worse for an air cooler than a frontmounted aio 

I have no faith in open bench testing. Not to say those two tests are wrong, just that they are not real world... why didn't they test against better air coolers, though? How about the DRP4, FC140, AK620 and so on?

I noticed now the TR PA120 SE just got reviewed by Tom's Hardware. A major piece of marketing, really, with it being compared to inferior coolers and then declared the best he'd ever tested.  Sad. 

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

6 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

I have no faith in open bench testing. Not to say those two tests are wrong, just that they are not real world...

i agree, but for a  "what are u capable off, at ur best" open bench is the way to go 

14 minutes ago, freeagent said:

I think its just a name, looking at some pics it does not seem to be high airflow at all 🤨

image.png.c5067e4418b887abfb7d5cfbd196fbfd.png

u woot mate?

15 minutes ago, freeagent said:

If you have an airflow orientated case, you wont even notice it. Heck even at 325w for extended periods the GPU does not heat up my CPU. If it does, it is only by 1-3c at best.

Fair point, i some what agree 🙂 but not every1 has an amazing torrent and a almost amazing "gutted" CM stormtrooper 

25 minutes ago, NorKris said:

but not every1 has an amazing torrent and a almost amazing "gutted" CM stormtrooper

That is true..

But for those who are seeking a high performance build, but choose to build in an oven because they like the looks.. well that's on them.

Edit:

Grammar

1 hour ago, NorKris said:

i agree, but for a  "what are u capable off, at ur best" open bench is the way to go

Well.... buying a test bench is more expensive than using your own PC, and it affects results, so I can't buy into the idea, sorry.

I've been using computers since around 1978, started learning programming in 1980 on Apple IIs, started learning about hardware in 1990, ran a BBS from 1990-95, built my first Windows PC around 2000, taught myself malware removal starting in 2005 (also learned on Bleeping Computer), learned web dev starting in 2017, and I think I can fill a thimble with all that knowledge. 😉 I'm not an expert, which is why I keep investigating the answers that others give to try and improve my knowledge, so feel free to double-check the advice I give.

My phone's auto-correct is named Otto Rong.🤪😂

52 minutes ago, RevGAM said:

Well.... buying a test bench is more expensive than using your own PC, and it affects results, so I can't buy into the idea, sorry.

ofc we dont, we just watch GN's vids and find the answer there 😄