Off Topic Chit Chat

Image result for i didn't hit you i simply high fived your face

/s

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

I don't know if I should jump ship to this forum and kill off my account in the other one. I love the other forum for its relatively high activity, the fact that it's not a social network, some of the customisation and the much more casual nature there (Linus Media Group doesn't make money off of ad revenue for nothing), but I really hate the fact that its mods may be becoming corrupt and that in some of the subforums, it's a bit divisive. I don't get into debate threads and the like to care too much about the division between some of the users, but I feel like it might not be very welcoming to new users, which will affect the future of the forum and the prospects of current members. I've already made a few thousand posts on there as well and have hence formed a character there. As for moderator corruption, well, they've banned a couple of people on there without giving a reason, which is really shady as hell.

I have doubts about jumping ship on this forum as well. While I love how the experience is very fluid on all platforms, the fact that it has a dark theme, it is easy for new users to navigate the website and that finding old threads is easy to find, I feel like I'm a bit constrained by what I can write in here. There's only two things I feel like I can write about on here: tech and fluff. I can't ask people for advice on most other things both because of their lack of expertise and from the nature of the website even with an off-topic section, and the forum is somewhat more inactive and the community less closely knit on here especially considering its relatively recent creation. There's annoyingly also restrictions on what you can put on your signature (besides a character limit and not putting anything offensive on here), which is a bit annoying to me, and the fact that I can't change my name here (I kind of changed my mind about it, but I'll stick with it).

Linus' earrings suit him

Please check out this thread: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/659360-saints-row-2s-features/

Rizen and Vehga 2017

Has anyone listened to Childish Gambino's new single "Me and Your Mama" it's amazing!

Internet, i love it xD

CPU i7 6700k MB  MSI Z170A Pro Carbon GPU Zotac GTX980Ti amp!extreme RAM 16GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 3k CASE Corsair 760T PSU Corsair RM750i MOUSE Logitech G9x KB Logitech G910 HS Sennheiser GSP 500 SC Asus Xonar 7.1 MONITOR Acer Predator xb270hu Storage 1x1TB + 2x500GB Samsung 7200U/m - 2x500GB SSD Samsung 850EVO

On 11/8/2016 at 9:27 AM, Praesi said:

He´s a puppet to the warmongering "elite" (scum and subhumans in my eyes) like Clinton is. War, Dronemurdering, funding of ISIS ect. The USA has gone rogue a long time ago and he serve those Criminals.

I assume this is said in character as a joke with your profile pic and not serious? 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K @4.8GHz
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U14S 
Motherboard:  ASUS Maximus VIII Hero 
GPU: Zotac AMP Extreme 1070 @ 2114Mhz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 500GB 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
Case: Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 
Power Supply: EVGA 750W G2

Peripherals 

Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX Browns
Mouse: Logitech G502 
Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Revolver 

Monitor: U2713M @ 75Hz

Just now, rn8686 said:

I assume this is said in character as a joke with your profile pic and not serious? 

That are Facts. Sleeptime is over my Friend.

5 minutes ago, Praesi said:

That are Facts. Sleeptime is over my Friend.

I'm just not even going to bother to argue with that level of stupid, my guess is that you follow Alex Jones (seeing as you like to spew out so much conspiratorial bullshit)? 

Please quote our replys so we get a notification and can reply easily. Never cheap out on a PSU, or I will come to watch the fireworks. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

Peripherals 

Just now, rn8686 said:

I'm just not even going to bother to argue with that level of stupid, my guess is that you follow Alex Jones (seeing as you like to spew out so much conspiratorial bullshit)? 

Get some education, than we can talk.

1 minute ago, Praesi said:

Get some education, than we can talk.

As I said, not argueing with you, good day sir. 

PSU Tier List

My specs

Spoiler

PC:

Peripherals 

I just bit into a Sour Patch exploderz (amazing btw) and it POPPED O.o

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Guys look I made a gif of Kyle from Bitwit.

jhRGeE.gif

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2016 at 11:40 AM, divided_throwaway said:

I don't know if I should jump ship to this forum and kill off my account in the other one. I love the other forum for its relatively high activity, the fact that it's not a social network, some of the customisation and the much more casual nature there (Linus Media Group doesn't make money off of ad revenue for nothing), but I really hate the fact that its mods may be becoming corrupt and that in some of the subforums, it's a bit divisive. I don't get into debate threads and the like to care too much about the division between some of the users, but I feel like it might not be very welcoming to new users, which will affect the future of the forum and the prospects of current members. I've already made a few thousand posts on there as well and have hence formed a character there. As for moderator corruption, well, they've banned a couple of people on there without giving a reason, which is really shady as hell.

I have good guess what forum you are talking about.  :P

If you talking about the one I know all to well.  I tend to hide my butt over in the folding section, though, it seem to kind of died a bit in that section after the whole blow down among some of the moderators over that section of the site.

2023 BOINC Pentathlon Event

F@H & BOINC Installation on Linux Guide

My CPU Army: 5800X, E5-2670V3, 1950X, 5960X J Batch, 10750H *lappy

My GPU Army:3080Ti, 960 FTW @ 1551MHz, RTX 2070 Max-Q *lappy

My Console Brigade: Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS2 Fatty, Xbox One S, Xbox One X

My Tablet Squad: iPad Air 5th Gen, Samsung Tab S, Nexus 7 (1st gen)

3D Printer Unit: Prusa MK3S, Prusa Mini, EPAX E10

VR Headset: Quest 2

Hardware lost to Kevdog's Law of Folding

OG Titan, 5960X, ThermalTake BlackWidow 850 Watt PSU

Just bought the domain awhell.no a few minutes ago, but I have no idea what I'm going to do with it x)

Any suggestions?

Guy got shot to death near my house, like literally a few steps away: Tons of police and they had riffles so for a little while it was like a goddamn war zone, guys running through the roof, one cop shot on the leg, a guy shot in a roof top, 2 more got away and got caught a few blocks away.

Crazy thing is that this all was just 5 minutes after I walked out to catch the bus, I would have walked into the fucking line of fire since it's the same path I take around the block to get to the bus stop. Kind of a weird feeling about the entire thing.

-------

Current Rig

-------

On 12.11.2016 at 6:40 PM, divided_throwaway said:

I have doubts about jumping ship on this forum as well. While I love how the experience is very fluid on all platforms, the fact that it has a dark theme, it is easy for new users to navigate the website and that finding old threads is easy to find, I feel like I'm a bit constrained by what I can write in here. There's only two things I feel like I can write about on here: tech and fluff. I can't ask people for advice on most other things both because of their lack of expertise and from the nature of the website even with an off-topic section, and the forum is somewhat more inactive and the community less closely knit on here especially considering its relatively recent creation. There's annoyingly also restrictions on what you can put on your signature (besides a character limit and not putting anything offensive on here), which is a bit annoying to me, and the fact that I can't change my name here (I kind of changed my mind about it, but I'll stick with it).

Dude, it's a forum. You are not married to it, it's not your family. Just do whatever.

I deal in shitposts and shitpost accessories.

3 minutes ago, Saravanakumar said:

i am new to here 

Welcome!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈