Off Topic Chit Chat

My friend just sent me this on skype:

Capture.PNG

Needless to say, he hasn't said anything after this yet. 

I wonder how you even take an organ out of yourself.

"You don't need headphones, all you need is willpower!" ~MicroCenter employee

How to use a WiiMote and Nunchuck as your mouse!

Specs:
Graphics Card: EVGA 750 Ti SC
PSU: Corsair CS450M
RAM: A-Data XPG V1.0 (1x8GB) (Red)
Procrastinator: Intel i5 4690k @ 4.4GHz 1.3V
Case: NZXT Source 210 Elite (Black)
Speakers and Headphones: Monitor Speakers and Phlips SHP9500s
MoBo: MSI Z97 PC MATE
SSD: SanDisk Ultra II (240GB)
Monitor: LG 29UM68-P
Mouse: Mionix Naos 7000
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB (2016) (Browns)

Webcam/mic: Logitech C270

Guess which sad bastard is kinda back now that uni is finishing up ;)

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

6 minutes ago, LukaP said:

Hey, Luka is alive. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

1 minute ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

Hey, Luka is alive. 

seeing you still here, yes, sadly i am

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

30 minutes ago, LukaP said:

seeing you still here, yes, sadly i am

tumblr_mk6g6e4VON1rt1sb2o1_400.gif

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

2 minutes ago, SeriouslyMikey said:

tumblr_mk6g6e4VON1rt1sb2o1_400.gif

I love you too.

5 hours ago, LukaP said:

Welcome back buddy.

so today for my birthday, i made pancakes and eggs. making the pancakes was fine, but cooking them was another matter. the first one came out nice and fluffy, but my mistake was cooking 2 at once. i tried to flip one, but it ended up landing on the uncooked side of another. and then it just went downhill from there.  it ended up being a pancake and a half. and then eggs came out fine. so basically that's my birthday so far.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

8 hours ago, terrytek said:

so today for my birthday, i made pancakes and eggs. making the pancakes was fine, but cooking them was another matter. the first one came out nice and fluffy, but my mistake was cooking 2 at once. i tried to flip one, but it ended up landing on the uncooked side of another. and then it just went downhill from there.  it ended up being a pancake and a half. and then eggs came out fine. so basically that's my birthday so far.

Happy birthday, man! Mine is in 9 days. 

Im getting so bored waiting for:

No Mans Sky

Civ VI

Deadpool

Grimsby

Hurry up and release!

Linus is my fetish.

I thought I was in the meme thread and I just reported 3 people in the "I'm new" thread.

My God.  I'm retarded.

Would anyone in here be remotely interested in writing implements?

On 5/23/2016 at 5:35 AM, BingoFishy said:

Woah, that's bad. But micro center is an exception, most stores aren't quite as good (or as bad as yours). A quarter of Micro Center is the Build Your Own Pc (BYOPC) section and there's an aisle full of gaming peripherals (with a mechanical switch tester) next to more peripherals. They even have a drone sale going on right now. I'll update this post with a map in a sec. EDIT: Couldn't find a map of my micro center. Here's a panorama instead, with the BYOPC area at the back, in front of the wall of CPU's. 

images_stores_storePANO.jpg

WHERE IS THIS MAGICAL PLACE?!

Here in Australia all they sell at our major tech retailers are laptops and apple stuff (Australia is a VERY Apple dominated country)

"AMD is bringing DDR5 to the mainstream with their all new FX 8450 and FX 9690 Zen processors. Check out the link in the video description to learn more."

• CPU
    Intel Core i5 4690K
  • Motherboard
    MSI Z87-I Mini-ITX
  • RAM
    16gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1600
  • GPU
  • CHANGING 
  • Case
  • BitFenix Comrade Window Black/
  • Corsair 250D
  • Storage
    Hectron X1 60gb SSD "The China", Hitachi 500gb 7200rpm
  • PSU
    Corsair TX650
  • Cooling
    Hyper TX3
  • Keyboard
    AULA F2012 Mechanical

26 minutes ago, BringBackLCT said:

WHERE IS THIS MAGICAL PLACE?!

Here in Australia all they sell at our major tech retailers are laptops and apple stuff (Australia is a VERY Apple dominated country)

Well, in the US about 50% of phones are iphones... Surprised so many people can afford them. But yeah, Micro center is pretty awesome. This one (there's two close to me, the other probably doesn't) just got its HTC Vive demo. Locations are on their website but they are only in the US. 

Specs:

7 hours ago, BingoFishy said:

Well, in the US about 50% of phones are iphones... Surprised so many people can afford them. But yeah, Micro center is pretty awesome. This one (there's two close to me, the other probably doesn't) just got its HTC Vive demo. Locations are on their website but they are only in the US. 

Remember that being able to "afford" something, and simply having enough money to physically make the purchase (either through savings or (more often) through loans/debt) are two very different things.  Most people can't afford them.  Most people can't actually afford most of the things they buy.  But that's another discussion...

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

35 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Remember that being able to "afford" something, and simply having enough money to physically make the purchase (either through savings or (more often) through loans/debt) are two very different things.  Most people can't afford them.  Most people can't actually afford most of the things they buy.  But that's another discussion...

Interesting. So you're saying that the 4 water cooled titan Zs in my rig and my xeon 2699 I have are there just because I got a loan, saved up, and am in debt? Does the same go for my iPhone 6S Plus 128GB?

/s I have neither of those things (duh)

Specs:

On 6/4/2016 at 8:21 PM, Rodinski said:

Happy birthday, man! Mine is in 9 days. 

My birthday is in.. umm...

A lot of days.

Specs:

2 minutes ago, BingoFishy said:

Interesting. So you're saying that the 4 water cooled titan Zs in my rig and my xeon 2699 I have are there just because I got a loan, saved up, and am in debt? Does the same go for my iPhone 6S Plus 128GB?

/s I have neither of those things (duh)

Nah I'm saying most people can't actually afford the iPhones they replace every year, so they buy them on contract to hide the cost in their monthly bill, or worse just buy it on credit card and then just pay the minimum balance every month, letting loan-shark levels of interest pile up until they're trapped forever xD 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Not a Warcraft fan, but after watching the movie, I like.  I thought it was pretty darn good.

15 hours ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Nah I'm saying most people can't actually afford the iPhones they replace every year, so they buy them on contract to hide the cost in their monthly bill, or worse just buy it on credit card and then just pay the minimum balance every month, letting loan-shark levels of interest pile up until they're trapped forever xD 

life lesson 1: avoid loans at all costs

7 hours ago, mikat said:

life lesson 1: avoid loans at all costs

I wouldn't say that.  Just be smart about it.  Most people have to get a mortgage if they want to actually move out before 35 xD so in that case it makes sense, but too many people live paycheque to paycheque using their credit cards as if they were a loan, not paying the full amount each month, and that's when you get buried in crippling debt xD

Just because you don't have to pay them off at the time of purchase, doesn't mean they're a license to spend more than you have!

Hey guys!

I didn't think it was necessary to open a thread just for this, so here it goes:

I remember a few years ago, when Linus was testing various cooling solutions, when he took the measurments for the temperatures he corrected the ambient temperature to 20ºC.

I am going to test a few heatsinks myself, do you think this is the best method or should I just stick with deltas?

Also, I tried googling this and I'm having some trouble finding the method for correcting the temperature, do you guys know how it's done?

Thank's in advance ;)