Off Topic Chit Chat

I would like to post a build/setup question. It involves sound, consoles, pc etc. Not sure wheres the best place to post said question 

On 7/28/2016 at 3:49 AM, BirdyTheMighty said:

lol (aud)

Untitled.png

Order one, and soak test it before Linus gets chance too.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

5 hours ago, Bhav said:

Wow, GTX 980 Tis went all the way back up in price:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/graphics-cards/nvidia/geforce-gtx-980-ti

Glad I got my Amp Omegas for £349 each, I have no idea how they expect to sell the rest at £399+

Yeah I never understood that, but stores seem to rather hold onto old stock for years until it becomes worthless than sell it a little cheaper than they would like to and actually still move product. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

6 minutes ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Yeah I never understood that, but stores seem to rather hold onto old stock for years until it becomes worthless than sell it a little cheaper than they would like to and actually still move product. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Well we know the people making the decisions aren't very competent for most large companies and stores

s-l300.jpg

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

So, a rattling psu unit.  Driving me nuts. 

I was just looking inside the PC, and happened to tap the top venting case fan.  Noise stopped

Zhw6V.gif

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Anyone else love to sneak to Mars? right where humans are due to land, and just leave something there to really mess with the "first" people to land on Mars. 

I'd personally leave a photocopier, which has a speaker that only plays Preston Garvey quotes.

On 01/08/2016 at 7:49 PM, Bhav said:

Wow, GTX 980 Tis went all the way back up in price:

https://www.overclockers.co.uk/pc-components/graphics-cards/nvidia/geforce-gtx-980-ti

Glad I got my Amp Omegas for £349 each, I have no idea how they expect to sell the rest at £399+

Yep I'm with you there. Nearly opted for the Amp Omega as well a few weeks ago, but saw they had the last binned Inno3D 980Ti iChill x3 at the same price and higher factory OC so went for that instead. Loving it.

I made sure to buy it before the 1060 came out, because I figured the prices would go back up to reintroduce that "step" in price between the 980/1060 and 980Ti/1070.

Looks like I was right....

On 03/08/2016 at 10:53 PM, Kierax said:

So, a rattling psu unit.  Driving me nuts. 

I was just looking inside the PC, and happened to tap the top venting case fan.  Noise stopped

17 minutes ago, Sir_Loin_Ofsteak said:

Yep I'm with you there. Nearly opted for the Amp Omega as well a few weeks ago, but saw they had the last binned Inno3D 980Ti iChill x3 at the same price and higher factory OC so went for that instead. Loving it.

I made sure to buy it before the 1060 came out, because I figured the prices would go back up to reintroduce that "step" in price between the 980/1060 and 980Ti/1070.

Looks like I was right....

They are back up to full price now, £500.

Linus is my fetish.

Hey, can anyone tell me a recommended power supply for my build

(has not been built yet planning)

i7 6800K OC to 4.4GHz or 4.3GHz

GTX MSI GAMING X 1080 OC 

thanks

HI

Many people view me as a chimera, I may or may not exist...

This forum needs a bacon theme. 

Anyone can recommend me any movies to watch?

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

How the H*** do I get by on a 1.4 GHz processor, I looked it up, I knew it sucked, just didn't know it sucked THAT bad...

42 minutes ago, Vintaage said:

How the H*** do I get by on a 1.4 GHz processor, I looked it up, I knew it sucked, just didn't know it sucked THAT bad...

what is it? how old is your pc

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

5 hours ago, ShadowCaptain said:

what is it? how old is your pc

It's a old acer aspire v5, I don't honestly know if it's that bad, my laptop iss pretty beaten up, I'd say 4-5 years give or take. 

How many rocket boosters would it take to make the Pyramid of Giza fly?

24 minutes ago, Kierax said:

How many rocket boosters would it take to make the Pyramid of Giza fly?

What size rocket

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

58 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

What size rocket

Saturn V?

Would anyone here mind photoshopping me a logo for my youtube? I already have a background and picture. I just dont know how to put them together. Let me know of youd be willing to help and i will link the pics.

I've noticed YouTubers talking about x inches of blah and x foot and x miles of blah and x pounds of blah without providing conversion to metric.

Well, I've never learned about the imperial units, like, ever; Not at school, not ever. I even remember one of my class mates in second grade point on the inch side of the ruler and ask what it is. The teacher's response? «It's not important. Just ignore it.» So yeah, it's a little annoying when someone uses inches or whatever, and doesn't provide conversion to metric; Like, I have no concept of how much that is.

Not, what's weird is that screen and car wheels are commonly measured in inches rather than centimeters here. So, I know just about how big a 24" and a 27" monitor is supposed to be, but give me any other number, and I have no clue; It might as well just be branding or some way to categorize the screen sizes for all I care, just like they categorize ethernet cables. If they suddenly decided to call 24" monitors for "screen size 6000", it'd make little difference to me.

Well, at least I won't have to deal with Fahrenheit when it comes to tech. Good.