New headphones really bad... ?

Protomesh
15 minutes ago, rice guru said:

Lol imagine buying gaming headsets and basing your entire opinion on the headphone market based on that then getting argumentative when people who actually care about audio tell you otherwise. Bruh is beyond help

Yeah the self-proclaimed people "who actually care about audio" haven't I been listening to your "people" all this time and each time I've been greatly disappointed???

7 minutes ago, Protomesh said:

Yeah the self-proclaimed people "who actually care about audio" haven't I been listening to your "people" all this time and each time I've been greatly disappointed???

If you bought a arctis pro... No you haven't been listening to us. If you have you would know to not use rtings as a site for reccomendations. Most of us only use them for the data they collect. The arbitrary scores they use are largely useless because they evaluate every headphone on the same metrics and not actual use cases. I will tell you now almost no one that has responded to you here would reccomend the arctis pro ever. 

2 hours ago, Protomesh said:

I don't trust studio headphones either unless the price tag is $5000+

What even is that statement? Do you have anything to base that off of?

PM or DM me if you have any questions about audio.

My PC specs & audio gear

CPU > Intel core i7 14700K, GPU > RTX 4070 ProArt, RAM > Corsair Vengeance DDR5 2x16gb 5600mhz, Motherboard > Asus ROG Strix B760-F, Storage > 1TB M.2  & 500GB M.2 Kingston, Cooling > H150i Elite, PSU > MSI A850GL

🎧Current Audio Setup🎧

Beyerdynamic Tygr 300 R w/ Dekoni Velour as daily driver

Soundblaster AE-9 Soundcard

AKG P420 Mic

Other peripherals

Keyboard > SteelSeries Apex Pro

Mouse > Steelseries Aerox 3 wireless

Mousepad > Pulsar ParaSpeed XXL

VR > Valve index kit

Read this post if you want a "gaming" headset ;)

1 hour ago, Protomesh said:

Yeah cheapest there is $7000 and one of them is literally $62 000

Well, you wanted an expensive headphone that sounds great so I don't see any issue? The $62,000 is indeed a bit too much so I recommend the one that costs $7000 so you can enjoy audio.

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

2 hours ago, rice guru said:

If you bought a arctis pro... No you haven't been listening to us. If you have you would know to not use rtings as a site for reccomendations. Most of us only use them for the data they collect. The arbitrary scores they use are largely useless because they evaluate every headphone on the same metrics and not actual use cases. I will tell you now almost no one that has responded to you here would reccomend the arctis pro ever. 

Everyone on this platform highly recommends to use Rtings and also many content creators who proclaim themselves to be audiophiles have recommended the Arctis Pro.

So yeah. Who am I believing? Everyone claims they're an expert. But tough luck for me then because there is actually zero responsibility behind recommending products when they actually turn out to be bad.

1 hour ago, CTR640 said:

Well, you wanted an expensive headphone that sounds great so I don't see any issue? The $62,000 is indeed a bit too much so I recommend the one that costs $7000 so you can enjoy audio.

I never said that. I wanted good headphones. Not headphones that cost a fortune.

I would never spend more than $200 on headphones. But there are no good headphones for $200.

12 minutes ago, TechlessBro said:

Yeah it’s an ego, brand, elitist thing.

Kind of sad and screws people over or puts them off audio.

Anyone recommending headphone should be asking what ones you’ve listened to. People’s hearing is unique so what works for one doesn’t work for another.

eg here’s a general rule to apply to recommendation

people who like Behringer aren’t sensitive to harsh high frequencies.

people who like sennheiser are sensitive to harsh high frequencies.

so if you are sensitive and some has behringer you ignore everything they like.

shooters seem to like them as the upper hearing is fading.

What you want them for is super important too, like gaming isn’t like audio mixing they have different needs.

rtings is fine for audio if you know what you are looking at in the graphs.

they rate things pretty well overall but nothing can rate your ears.

Also never buy headphone without listening to then it’s like letting the internet pick your clothes without knowing your size.

No one let's you listen to headphones here before buying them.

Stores are literally not allowed to open the box. 

What even is this post?  Buys arctic pro's, concludes there are no good headphones for under $5k?

Audio is subjective of course, but most of my umpteen headphones are in the $200 range

Rode NTH-100, Phillips Fidelio X2HR/X3, Beyerdynamic DT770, AKG K361, Blon BL-B60 and I have the Meze 99 Noir and HiFiman R7DX on order.  And these are just the ones that I own or have owned within that price range AND are easy to drive, I love each of them for different reasons.  There are countless others that are easy to drive and will destroy 90% of the headsets if not all of them.

You can't make a bad purchase then shout shenanigans bro, take some responsibility and vet your resources.

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Semi-Open - Beyerdynamic DT880-600 - Fostex T50RP - *AKG K240 studio

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

On-Ear - Koss KPH30iCL Grado - Koss KPH30iCL Yaxi - Koss KPH40 Yaxi

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D dac/amp Topping DX7 - Schiit Fulla E - Fosi Q4 - *Sybasonic SD-DAC63116

Class-D amp Topping A70

Class-A amp Emotiva A-100 - Xduoo MT-602 (hybrid tube)

Pure Tube amp Darkvoice 336SE - Little dot MKII - Nobsound Little Bear P7

Audio Interface Rode AI-1

Portable Amp Xduoo XP2-pro - *Truthear SHIO - *Fiio BTR3K BTR3Kpro 

Mic Rode NT1 - *Antlion Mod Mic - *Neego Boom Mic - *Vmoda Boom Mic

Pads ZMF - Dekoni - Brainwavz - Shure - Yaxi - Grado - Wicked Cushions

Cables Hart Audio Cables - Periapt Audio Cables

Speakers Kef Q950 - Micca RB42 - Jamo S803 - Crown XLi1500 (power amp class A)

*given as gift or out of commission

27 minutes ago, Protomesh said:

I never said that. I wanted good headphones. Not headphones that cost a fortune.

I would never spend more than $200 on headphones. But there are no good headphones for $200.

there are plenty but you seem to only restrict yourself to headsets which your right there parent really many headsets that are good in general let alone under $200. stay away from gaming brands for everything aside form a mouse and you get high quality products for a decent price.

guy is just a troll or confused, I browsed all of his posts and comments and this is his first comment in this subsection

Open-Back - Sennheiser 6xx - Focal Elex - Phillips Fidelio X3 - Harmonicdyne Zeus -  Beyerdynamic DT1990 - *HiFi-man HE400i (2017) - *Phillips shp9500 - *SoundMAGIC HP200

Closed-Back - Rode NTH-100 - Meze 99 Neo - AKG K361-BT - Blue Microphones Lola - *Beyerdynamic DT770-80 - *Meze 99 Noir - *Blon BL-B60 *Hifiman R7dx

IEM - Tin HiFi T2 - MoonDrop Quarks - Tangzu Wan'er S.G - Moondrop Chu - QKZ x HBB - 7HZ Salnotes Zero

Headset Turtle Beach Stealth 700 V2 + xbox adapter - *Sennheiser Game One - *Razer Kraken Pro V2

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

53 minutes ago, Protomesh said:

Everyone on this platform highly recommends to use Rtings and also many content creators who proclaim themselves to be audiophiles have recommended the Arctis Pro.

So yeah. Who am I believing? Everyone claims they're an expert. But tough luck for me then because there is actually zero responsibility behind recommending products when they actually turn out to be bad.

again anyone with credibility only reccomends to use rtings as a website for measurements and data because they are pretty good at that. but if you were slightly observant and did a bit of research you would find their overall ratings highly arbitrarry due to how they do overall scores. image.png.fd7102fbd4cb75cb1dcc6a47403792a2.pnglook at how they rate a headphone. they say it has good sound but rate them low just cause it doesn't isolate well and complain about build quality but long term users have had this specific headphone for decades and work great with occasional pad replacements. please use critical thinking and for literally everything dont use just one source to base an opinion on. look up other reviews for a product and consider the collective pros and cons. cause all your telling us is you are a very uninformed consumer and base your entire buying decisions on one source. Which is how you repetitively lose as a consumer.

3 minutes ago, rice guru said:

again anyone with credibility only reccomends to use rtings as a website for measurements and data because they are pretty good at that. but if you were slightly observant and did a bit of research you would find their overall ratings highly arbitrarry due to how they do overall scores. image.png.fd7102fbd4cb75cb1dcc6a47403792a2.pnglook at how they rate a headphone. they say it has good sound but rate them low just cause it doesn't isolate well and complain about build quality but long term users have had this specific headphone for decades and work great with occasional pad replacements. please use critical thinking and for literally everything dont use just one source to base an opinion on. look up other reviews for a product and consider the collective pros and cons. cause all your telling us is you are a very uninformed consumer and base your entire buying decisions on one source. Which is how you repetitively lose as a consumer.

I don't base them on one source. Problem is all the headphone reviewers say they are good but then they aren't good.

8 minutes ago, Psittac said:

guy is just a troll or confused, I browsed all of his posts and comments and this is his first comment in this subsection

I don't go out buying headphones every day of the week mate. How is that abnormal forum behavior? 

First post on a subforum? Crazy. It's not like everyone has to make a first post on every given subforum.

31 minutes ago, TechlessBro said:

Audio stores should if you can find one. Good ones have dozens of headphones out all connected so you can try songs from Spotify Apple etc.

Otherwise one with return policy, harder to find but do exist.

No audio stores anywhere near me. There aren't even any electric hardware stores near me either.

I have to do all my shopping online.

5 minutes ago, Protomesh said:

I don't base them on one source. Problem is all the headphone reviewers say they are good but then they aren't good.

guess you have one special preference that no headphone seems to satiate tough luck my dude. especially with a closed minded attitude that screams " everything that isn't my preference is bad"

7 minutes ago, Protomesh said:

I don't go out buying headphones every day of the week mate. How is that abnormal forum behavior? 

First post on a subforum? Crazy. It's not like everyone has to make a first post on every given subforum.

Bro...... then go to WHERE you asked for the advice and complain there.  You're just raging in a hallway at any neighbor that will open their door and listen because someone's dog pooped infront of your door but you're not even in the right building complex

DAC S.M.S.L SU-9

Class-D amp Topping A70

20 minutes ago, Protomesh said:

The reviewers are not at their fault, it's just you. You just love to whine like a spoiled brat. You're only limiting yourself to headsets and for what exactly? I do buy headphones before I listen to them the first time but that's because I know I'll likely love this headphone. And I know what I seek in a headphone. Great headphones under $200:

Beyerdynamic Tygr 

Fidelio X2HR 

DT880 600ohm 

@Tigerleoncan list another good headphone, it's from Hifiman which he reviewed. 

DAC/AMPs:

Klipsch Heritage Headphone Amplifier

Headphones: Klipsch Heritage HP-3 Walnut, Meze 109 Pro, Beyerdynamic Amiron Home, Amiron Wireless Copper, Tygr 300R, DT880 600ohm Manufaktur, T90, Fidelio X2HR

CPU: Intel 4770, GPU: Asus RTX3080 TUF Gaming OC, Mobo: MSI Z87-G45, RAM: DDR3 16GB G.Skill, PC Case: Fractal Design R4 Black non-iglass, Monitor: BenQ GW2280

even if you need a headset theres the audeze maxwell. i didnt get to hear it at canjam but many people i trust said it sounded really good and it seems to measure well.

im not sure where to begin with this post. so you listened to one headset thats a gaming headset not really aimed at sound quality nonetheless and declared that all headphones under 5000 dollars are worse than 5 dollar earbuds. yeah im not sure about that one