Apple reportedly considering buying Beats for $3.2 billion | *CONFIRMED* well kinda?

AlexGoesHigh

i cannot understand why apple would do this, it is beyond all my senses

Apple is reportedly in the process of buying Beats for $3.2 billion, according to a new report from The Financial Times. The deal includes both the streaming music service, as well as the company that produces headphones and speakers. The move, which would be Apple's largest acquisition, could be announced as soon as next week, the paper says. 

Apple already sells Beats products in its retail stores, and just last month began offering a way to subscribe to the Beats streaming music service using Apple's in-app purchase. That service competes with iTunes Radio in part by offering playlists curated by celebrities and musicians, however Beats has paid plans that let give users full access to that entire streaming music catalog. In recent months, Apple has said to be developing its own similar service, possibly for use on Android devices.

Making the potential deal intriguing is that Beats offers some of its technology to companies that would be rivals for Apple. Besides the streaming music app (which is available on Android and Windows Phone), that includes a $300 million deal to put Beats Audio in HTC phones beginning in 2011.

ok that last bit is the only reason i see them doing this, having a streaming music service without their branding on competitors platforms, should be greatly beneficial to them

source: The Verge

edit: 
*UPDATE*
it seems the rap producer that owns the company (aka Dr Dre) was caught up celebrating the deal in his studio with Tyrese Gibson because he posted a video about said celebration in facebook that has been deleted (the verge saved it into their servers prior to takedown) 

Gibson reiterates the $3.2 billion figure in his blurb for the video and urges Forbes to revise its list of the world's richest people because Dr. Dre has now joined the "billionaire boys club." In the video, Dr. Dre describes himself as "the first billionaire in hip hop" and echoes Gibson's excitement. Though the hip hop mogul doesn't explicitly confirm the Apple acquisition, the implication that the deal has already been completed is there. You can watch the full video below, though be forewarned that it's rich on expletives right from the start.

the video can be seen on the source link but here's what the facebook post said

How did I end up in the studio with Dr Dre ON THE night his deal went public that he did with Apple 3.2 BILLION!!!!! The BEATS HEADPHONES JUST CHANGED HIP HOP!!!!!!

so this is the closest thing to a confirmation we will get ATM until its publicly announced, though knowing how the deal is with these rappers, its better to wait for the announcement

source: The Verge

edit2: added update source as well as descriptive video statement 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Meh, someone should cash into that cash cow (even if they are shit.) And maybe Apple will jolt some build quality into them.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Makes sense. Apple products are usually overpriced and most users buy it for the fashion statement, just like Beats.

"M. Aronnax." replied the Canadian, "your arguments are rotten at the foundation. You speak in the future, 'We shall be there! we shall be here!' I speak in the present, 'We are here, and we must profit by it.'"

great. apple beats. just what we need. now everyone will be buying the new beats that have apple logos on them -_- and they will supposedly sound 1000% better than anything else just because they smacked an apple logo onto the side of them.

also too, apple is obviously copying facebook buying all these big companies. xD maybe apple will sue facebook for "copying their moves of buying other companies"

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

do i seem a monopoly? 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Beats music app creates competition with iTunes. Just like google and facebook, apple is following to buy every other company!

great. apple beats. just what we need. now everyone will be buying the new beats that have apple logos on them -_- and they will supposedly sound 1000% better than anything else just because they smacked an apple logo onto the side of them.

also too, apple is obviously copying facebook buying all these big companies. xD maybe apple will sue facebook for "copying their moves of buying other companies"

Yeah I can see this becoming a thing:

-Newest iPhone $700

-iWatch $500

-iBeats $500

-Being told by stupid fanboys how all of this makes sense to them: priceless.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just another way for them to shove overpriced hardware into naïve peoples faces... Don't really care sinc I know better than to but beats and if anyone claims to me that beats are the best audio experience in the world I disassociate myself with them.

Why in the fuck would they do that?! Apple are overpriced but at least they make quality products ! Beats is just overpriced shit! I mean these cans just sound like shit! Damn if they do that I think we can agree that apple is dead... Or if they make a 5,5" iPhone too... Damn Steve Jobs must be spinning in his grave if he hears that..

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4260182476

CPU - Intel 3770k @ 4.5GHz + CM 212 EVO + Noctua NF-F12/ GPU - EVGA GTX 780 SC w/ ACX / PSU - Corsair AX860i / Motherboard - Z77A-GD55 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance RAM / HDD - 1.5TB WDC Black - 3.0TB WDC Red - 120GB Sandisk Extreme - 500GB Samsung 850 / Display - Asus PB287Q 4K and Asus VG248 + 3D Vision 2 glasses / Mouse - G500s 

Maybe they plan on actually giving beats some quality. Trading plastic for aluminum and steel and cheap Chinese drivers for strong quality american driver.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Beats are high profit margin from what I can tell having heard them and also seen the price tags.

Iphone and Ibeats bundle inc. only 1200 dollars for both!

Maybe they plan on actually giving beats some quality. Trading plastic for aluminum and steel and cheap Chinese drivers for strong quality american driver.

Well of course! Aluminum is the answer to every built quality issue!

-------

Current Rig

-------

A perfect marriage.

"Did I request thee, Maker, from my clay

To mould Me man? Did I solicit thee

From darkness to promote me?" —John MiltonParadise Lost (X.743–5)

I doubt it. Apple wouldn't put their name on rubbish like beats.

I doubt it. Apple wouldn't put their name on rubbish like beats.

Apple is rubbish......

I really don't see how this will benefit Apple, streaming ruins the whole iTunes business model... As for the headphones, maybe they'd change the looks, but they wouldn't change the sound signature...

At the end of the day The same people will buy iPhones and the same people will buy Beats, and if somebody buys both, they likely don't care who owns who because they are two busy taking selfies with their iPads in a mirror...

All in all I think this is unlikely, maybe I'll eat my words in a weeks time :P

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

Not sure if this is true but I heard Beats Audio (in devices) was simply an EQ, confirm? lol

Right because plastic is inferior and inherently cheaper than metals... most of the plastics used in electronics are actually more expensive to manufacture than metal and are better suited for their application.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

post-44947-0-46328300-1399592128.jpg