Define R4 or Air 540?

Squeeblii

I am going to be getting a new case and I wanted to see what you guys thought on these two cases I have narrowed my search down to. What is better for airflow, looks etc.

Thanks.

It's not rocket science...

These are COMPLETELY different cases......

I know I was wondering what I should get and what you guys thought of them.

My "own" opinion air 540

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

To be honest this was also a selection of cases I was debating recently, I settled on the Define R4 for two reasons... it has a smaller footprint on my already cluttered desk and it has filtered intakes. 

CPU  Intel i7 5820k Motherboard Asus X99-S  RAM  32GB (8x4) Kingston Hyper X Fury GPU EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 iCX Case Fractal Design R4 Windowed Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Crucial M500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB Western Digital Blue PSU Corsair RM1000 Display 2x Asus VS239HV Cooling  Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard  Corsair K70 RGB Mouse Logitech G502 Gaming Surface Razer Golitahus Extended Speed

Thanks, captain.

I'd go for the 540 if you're looking for a flashy show-casy case.

If you want to go discreet and silent, the R4 is better for that.

My "own" opinion air 540

This is the thing im wanting anthony10

Dazumba.

(NOW)War Horse:

CPU: AMD FX-6300 | Motherboard: MSI 970A-G43 | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Dual Channel 8GB 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI R7790 | Case: Dazumba D-Vito 903 | HDD 1 & 2: Seagate 1TB and Seagate 500GB | PSU: Corsair CX600
(WAS)Old Coop:
CPU: Intel C2D E7500 | Motherboard: Gigabyte G31M-ES2L | RAM: V-Gen 4GB Dual Channel | GPU: Galaxy GT210 | Case: Power-Up ??? | HDD: Seagate 500GB | PSU: Power-up 500W

MyAnimeList Profile | Heaven Society | HEIL THE MIGHTY AND POWERFUL LINUS | My Blog 'Unfinished Pieces' | Code of Conduct

Carbide Air 540, simply because I prefer the style and I like a window on cases.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

This is the thing im wanting anthony10

make a poll

you get more feedback

but might be too late :P

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Im edging towards the define r4 right now. 

I like the R4 sexy case :D

Check out my current projects: Selling site (Click Here)

If($reply == "for me to see"){

$action = "Quote me!";

}else{

$action = "Leave me alone!";

}

neither

760t

Agree above though, for a silent solid build the R4, for a flashy sexy piece of kit, air 540

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Carbide Air 540, simply because I prefer the style and I like a window on cases.

I prefer a window and if I got the R4 I would get the one with a window.

arc midi r2 is a better match to the 540air in terms of air flow,

neither

760t

Agree above though, for a silent solid build the R4, for a flashy sexy piece of kit, air 540

dont really like the 760t and too expensive :P

Something to mention I have an OC'd 280x and an OC'd FX 8320 (3.9ghz) with an 212 evo. a question as well: Does the R4 have good airflow and will it keep my system cool?

I prefer a window and if I got the R4 I would get the one with a window.

Whoops! Didn't know they had a windowed version.

I just took a look and to be honest, I don't really like the shape of the window, or the size. The R4 window doesn't look like it would show off the components very well.

"How hard can it be?" - Jeremy Clarkson

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

"There's an old saying that God exists in your search for him. I just want you to understand that I ain't looking." - Leslie Nielsen

The define R4 is winning right now.

Whoops! Didn't know they had a windowed version.

I just took a look and to be honest, I don't really like the shape of the window, or the size. The R4 window doesn't look like it would show off the components very well.

All I want to see is the CPU and the graphics card, well everything on the motherboard which it does show.

if it's airflow you REALLY want, my opinion would be the Air 540 because it was designed and optimized for that kind of thing. the Define R4 has good airflow, too, but it was optimized more for silence.

Desktop: CM Elite 130 - Corsair CX600M PSU - Asus Maximus VI Impact - Intel Core i7-4790K (@4.4GHz) - Corsair H80i - 2x8GB Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 - Asus DirectCUII Radeon R9 290 - 250GB Samsung EVO SSD + 4TB WD Red HDD

Laptop: Asus N56DP-DH11 (AMD A10-4600M - Radeon HD7730M) -------------------------------------------------------- I know, I'm a bit of an AMD fanboy --------------------------------------------------------

"It's not what you drive; it's how you drive it."   ~~Jeremy Clark, TopGear

dont really like the 760t and too expensive :P

It is expensive

My server is in a Define R4, very nice case, I got the non-windowed version because it just a server but with the sound dampening foam and great airflow it is very cool and very quiet

My rig is in a 300r, was going to get a 350d or air 540 but decided the 540 was way too large on my desk 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii