Here’s what Crysis 3 looks like in 8K

KakaoDj

Aren't we really just seeing it in 1080p again? You're taking an 8k image, and scaling it down to 1080p (assuming you're running a 1080p screen.)... So it might be a tad prettier... But in real life on a native resolution, I'm sure that image is STUNNING.

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

I wonder how it looked if it actually had more pollygons. More pixels don't actually improve graphics.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

This makes me want to skip 4k and wait for 8k but i know if i do that ill be waiting for 16k and so on.

lol, 4 Titan Zs powering this probably couldn't even get 15 fps lol

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

Aren't we really just seeing it in 1080p again? You're taking an 8k image, and scaling it down to 1080p (assuming you're running a 1080p screen.)... So it might be a tad prettier... But in real life on a native resolution, I'm sure that image is STUNNING.

They are indeed downscaled, check OP for the real deal  ;)  ;)

They are indeed downscaled, check OP for the real deal  ;)  ;)

Even still. The idea is that we're looking at an 8k image, on a 1080p screen.

It's just like when you watch a TV commercial for a different flat screen, and you think "Man, pretty colors" then you realize that you're seeing those colors on your TV, in the commercial, right now...

The pictures are pretty yes, but they don't really show us anything.

We're just seeing a dressed up 1080p image, not an 8k image.

I'd love to see this on a 30" 8k monitor or something... Not a pixel to be seen. :)

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

the hanging vines in the second one still look like shit 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

the hanging vines in the second one still look like shit 

That's because they need more Polygons, not just more pixels.

If we could take the 8k image, and add polygons to suit the image quality, it would be AMAZING...

It would be like looking at a beautiful picture.

Even still. The idea is that we're looking at an 8k image, on a 1080p screen.

It's just like when you watch a TV commercial for a different flat screen, and you think "Man, pretty colors" then you realize that you're seeing those colors on your TV, in the commercial, right now...

The pictures are pretty yes, but they don't really show us anything.

We're just seeing a dressed up 1080p image, not an 8k image.

I'd love to see this on a 30" 8k monitor or something... Not a pixel to be seen. :)

Down scaling still does improve the picture quality, while it won't look as good as it does before it's down scaled it still improves it

-The Bellerophon- Obsidian 550D-i5-3570k@4.5Ghz -Asus Sabertooth Z77-16GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 1866Mhz-x2 EVGA GTX 760 Dual FTW 4GB-Creative Sound Blaster XF-i Titanium-OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB-Seagate Barracuda 2TB- https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/60154-the-not-really-a-build-log-build-log/ Twofold http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/121043-twofold-a-dual-itx-system/ How great is EVGA? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/110662-evga-how-great-are-they/#entry1478299

Down scaling still does improve the picture quality, while it won't look as good as it does before it's down scaled it still improves it

I understand, and noted that.

I'd love to see what it looks like for real though, or see 8k with a game designed for it (more pixels).

Wow! it's just like going outside, but only CG, And i'm sitting on the inside, outside's real but f*ck that 8K for life! B)

On topic: this is just still image renders right? from what i've heard titan black still struggling with 4k gaming with stuttering and low frame rates.

crafty ninja :ph34r:

Details separate people.

Only because it's running at 8K doesn't mean at a high framerate, you only need 1 or 2 FPS to take a good screenshot. Also, it's possible to max the resolution even more with downsampling, lower tier cards than Titans can make those screenshots.

I've seen 34K downsampled Dark Souls 2 images with the GeDoSaTo tool (downsampling from any resolution you desire).

144Hz goodness

13963233755_963f237303_o.jpg

-

Linking the big image, isn't what I'm saying... Yes, we can see the size, k, cool. But I still only have around 2 million pixels on my screen. The pixels in this image are 13 times that. If we could see 8k monitors roll out in like a 30" or 40" size, the pixel density would be amazing. You wouldn't see individual pixels, even if you tried.

I don't know if it's just me.. but calling 7200x3000 8K, annoys the shit out of me, as it's 0.8k away from 8k.

I get how 1920x1080 was called 2K, because.. well obviously, it was fairly close to 2k, at 1.9k (which doesn't sound that flashy), and it's justified by nudging it up a bit. Even 4K is at 3.7k, which is still relatively close to 4k.. but when you suddenly get off by almost a complete "k", it's not mmmm-k any more.

16K would be 15360, which isn't very close to 16k. 

Why can't we just stick to the freaking "p" system?

1920x1080 aka 2K, is 1080p, then proceeded by the doubling of it(4K), resulting in 2160p, then "8K" would just be 4320p.. which is much more accurate in any case.

"Hidden optical drive, crouching PC-builder."

In a way yes. It's basically the equivalent of seeing ultra high res camera photos online, so obviously you can see the difference between a crappy cell phone pic and something taken with a DSLR. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

These images alone are making my 7950 sweat.

COMIC SANS

3d1a689a04483d66ed17c07ab386236c.jpg

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Only 2 TitanZ's in a system is possible

The first 2 as regular graphics and the other two as PhysX cards, wouldn't that be possible?

Cooler Master 690 II Advanced - I5 2500K @ 4.5Ghz - Geil Enhance Plus 1750Mhz 8Gb - ASUS ENGTX 570 DCUII - MSI Z68aGD65 - Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B - Samsung 830 128gb and Crucial m4 128gb - much other stuff not worth mentioning

The first 2 as regular graphics and the other two as PhysX cards, wouldn't that be possible?

I'm gonna say no but don't quote me on that.

PLEASE USE PCPARTPICKER.  My rig: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/ZBmWjX

Tbh we don't have the gpu power to pull that weight, even the top end card only net about 40 fps at 4k lat alone 8k

------------------------------------------------------I HAZ SHINY----------------------------------------------------------