Here’s what Crysis 3 looks like in 8K

KakaoDj

I'd really like to see some sort of feature where the user can increase the amount of particles, polygons, illumination, dynamics etc. with no upper bound

Make it a percentage in the video options menu, and allow users to run with fewer or more polygons/particles in the rendering. So someone with a super GPU setup could choose a setting of like 200% and the game would use twice as many polygons per model or do more accurate particle dynamics or allow for more ray tracing for illumination.

But make it have no upper bound (within reason), so we can keep pushing games harder and harder as games get older and hardware advances.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

I wonder how it looked if it actually had more pollygons. More pixels don't actually improve graphics.

But it makes the game more clear.

lol, 4 Titan Zs powering this probably couldn't even get 15 fps lol

cant you have only 2 Titan Zs at max? after that doesnt it stop increasing in performance? since 1 titan z is 2 gpus and 2 Zs are 4 gpus and 4 Zs would be 8 gpus and as far as i know you can have only 4 gpus together in one pc in sli/crossifre no?

Specs of my PC:

CPU: AMD FX 8350  Motherboard: Gigabyte 990XA UD3  GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 Windforce 2GB  HDD: WD Green 2TB SSD:  Corsair Force GT 120GB SSD RAM: Corsair 8GB(2X4) PSU: CoolerMaster G650M

My system is scared of anything beyond 1440p

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

These images alone are making my 7950 sweat.

The person who captured these was actually running a 7950. He played the game on 1080p until he found a good spot for a screen capture, then he changed the resolution to 8K for the screen capture, then went back to 1080p to keep playing. While he was in 8K resolution he was getting only 2 FPS.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Aren't we really just seeing it in 1080p again? You're taking an 8k image, and scaling it down to 1080p (assuming you're running a 1080p screen.)... So it might be a tad prettier... But in real life on a native resolution, I'm sure that image is STUNNING.

It depends.

If you zoom in to the image's naitive resolution, then you'll see an 8k image. You just won't see the whole thing at once.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

It depends.

If you zoom in to the image's naitive resolution, then you'll see an 8k image. You just won't see the whole thing at once.

And you'd also being seeing it at the pixels-per-inch of your current monitor. If your 1080p monitor had a native resolution of 8K then it would look much sharper as well due to higher pixels-per-inch.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

Know all we need is a single tile 8k display. i don't even have a 1080p display.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

The person who captured these was actually running a 7950. He played the game on 1080p until he found a good spot for a screen capture, then he changed the resolution to 8K for the screen capture, then went back to 1080p to keep playing. While he was in 8K resolution he was getting only 2 FPS.

Exactly - sweat. 

COMIC SANS

The only thing I don't quite like about CryEngine is that it's pretty much impossible (or very hard) to make proper reflections in it. At least based on my knowledge so if you know otherwise than please tell me.

Looks great, but some objects look really bad, like its just a flat drawing. Moar Polygons!!!1!1!!1

Never trust a hug. Its just a way to hide your face - The Doctor (Sounds something like the grumpy cat would say)

I just had a seizure. and then some.

i5 4440, 8GB 1600 mhz, Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H, SX900 128gb SSD, 850w 80+ Gold, FD R4, 270

It depends.

The entire point to 4k, 8k, and such, is pixel density. Yes, technically we can zoom in, but the real idea of these, is that the pixel density makes them beautiful.

So yes, you can zoom in... Or even, if we put it on a monitor that was the same pixel density as a 1080p 24", and it was just huge... It would be just as disappointing (minus the size.)

Case: Lian Li PC011-D - CPU: 3900x - GPU: 2080ti Reference - Mobo: Gigabyte - Ram: Corsair 4x16gb 3200MHz - SSD: 2TB Samsung Evo NVME

Idk, maybe I'm the only one here who can appreciate an 8k computer game image on my 1080p screen. Its amazing how much you can zoom in and see without stretching the image. You can usually never zoom into a screenshot without stretching the shit out of it.

Pixel density isn't the most important thing to me, we got tablets that we can gawk at if you want pixel density.

Old shit no one cares about but me.