Swiss online retailer shares return and warranty data.

Hi! I just wanted to share this nice feature I've seen when comparing products. They show return rate, % of warranty and warranty cases duration for the brand (not the single component). Of course this data depends heavily on what the company sells and it's always to be seen with a critical eye but I think it's a nice thing to have.

On the product page they rank the brand for each category (Motherboard, Case, GPU, etc).
A price graph is also present.

image.thumb.png.3823002840e8bbb93e33e0882b138195.png

image.thumb.png.99479171a8fe7338202f6229d6faf1a5.png

Where are you finding that on their site? That's very handy information to have. I tried on the product page and with comparing 2 motherboards.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

The % without actual numbers are almost meaningless.

If they sell 2 boards and one gets returned that's a 50% return rate which looks a lot different out of context than what it actually is.

8 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Where are you finding that on their site? That's very handy information to have. I tried on the product page and with comparing 2 motherboards.

In digitec.ch on the product page, scroll down and expand the "Returns" or the "Warranty" row.
To compare them I add them in the "compare" list, just under the "Add to cart" button. I then open the comparison list from the top right of the page, nearby my account.

3 minutes ago, Keltyx98 said:

In digitec.ch on the product page, scroll down and expand the "Returns" or the "Warranty" row.
To compare them I add them in the "compare" list, just under the "Add to cart" button. I then open the comparison list from the top right of the page, nearby my account.

It must not like me 😞

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4a68063418d16b926108fbf88430e4a2.png

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 minutes ago, WereCat said:

If they sell 2 boards and one gets returned that's a 50% return rate which looks a lot different out of context than what it actually is.

I agree, here you can find a comparison of CPU cooler, for Noctua and Scythe they say "Not enough data" for the Warranty case duration. I don't know how much they consider "enough data" tho.

1 minute ago, IkeaGnome said:

It must not like me 😞

Reveal hidden contents

image.thumb.png.4a68063418d16b926108fbf88430e4a2.png

I just tested it on an incognito page and it shows nothing. Apparently you need to log-in to see it 😞 not cool

1 hour ago, IkeaGnome said:

1 hour ago, WereCat said:

i don't remember the name anymore,  some eu shop here , does the same thing except they tell you shipped numbers too, since these % are really meaningless at best without that info, misleading at worst.

Also the % were much lower like 0.3... 0.4% ranges mostly maybe up to around 1%... 

So that's also sus... i don't know thats lower than the typical failure rate i think, which should be around 5 or so...

Does that mean people like to hoard broken electronics or what...?  So many questions about this "feature"... actually... 🤔

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

1 hour ago, Keltyx98 said:

I just tested it on an incognito page and it shows nothing. Apparently you need to log-in to see it 😞 not cool

tbh the site is a shit show... its also not "digitech" its actually galaxus (not a very good reviewed store chain) i would stay away from this, just because of how dodgy that website is... old concept that served me well over the years... 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

5 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

i don't remember the name anymore,  some eu shop here , does the same thing except they tell you shipped numbers too, since these % are really meaningless at best without that info, misleading at worst.

Also the % were much lower like 0.3... 0.4% ranges mostly maybe up to around 1%... 

So that's also sus... i don't know thats lower than the typical failure rate i think, which should be around 5 or so...

Does that mean people like to hoard broken electronics or what...?  So many questions about this "feature"... actually... 🤔

image.thumb.png.b9d8bcb00f074637d3e6f51978dea535.png

image.thumb.png.4d25d4aa0e11e5cec5f5defd78b3e59f.png

Mindfactory does show how much they sold

"uber 2990 verkauft" for example on the 1st card

then when you click on it and scroll down to reviews it says on the right the % of warranty returns.

12 minutes ago, WereCat said:

image.thumb.png.b9d8bcb00f074637d3e6f51978dea535.png

image.thumb.png.4d25d4aa0e11e5cec5f5defd78b3e59f.png

Mindfactory does show how much they sold

"uber 2990 verkauft" for example on the 1st card

then when you click on it and scroll down to reviews it says on the right the % of warranty returns.

yeah, maybe it was mindfactory... (i knew they show sold) but i think it was some other store - doesn't really matter, it was neat, but i did notice the very low return rates, which doesn't line up with typical failure rates (idk exactly but i think its between 2-5% or something for electronics/ pc parts?) <-- which is low all things considered 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

5 hours ago, Mark Kaine said:

tbh the site is a shit show... its also not "digitech" its actually galaxus (not a very good reviewed store chain) i would stay away from this, just because of how dodgy that website is... old concept that served me well over the years... 

Galaxus is the same as Digitec. The only thing is that Galaxus also sells other stuff than electronics and it's also available in Germany, Italy and France. I don't know about the dodgyness because I've been shopping at Digitec Galaxus for years and never had any problems, they have a good customer support and and the website is much more user friendly than amazon imo .

2 minutes ago, Keltyx98 said:

Galaxus is the same as Digitec. The only thing is that Galaxus also sells other stuff than electronics and it's also available in Germany, Italy and France. I don't know about the dodgyness because I've been shopping at Digitec Galaxus for years and never had any problems, they have a good customer support and and the website is much more user friendly than amazon imo .

i just really don't like how the site is setup and galaxus does have pretty bad reviews here iirc. 

but if it works for you no harm done i guess.

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Suggestion for Riley/TechLinked:

The biggest Swiss online retailer digitec/Galaxus now shows informations about it's RMA/Warranty cases summarized on most products and brands. 

This will help consumers make more informed decisions and weigh other things other than the cheapest price in future.

Read the official press article here at: https://www.galaxus.ch/en/page/refreshingly-honest-digitec-galaxus-now-displays-warranty-score-and-return-rate-25950

As far as I know this is a world first and could become a standard for other online retailers in the future.

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with digitec/Galaxus, just a long-term customer.

Added a quote from the press release to follow TN Guidelines, can you move this back? @Kilrah

Digitec Galaxus is blazing a trail. The Swiss online retailer now displays how often customers return products, how often products break during the warranty period and how long it takes for a warranty claim to be settled. With that, Galaxus and Digitec now serve as a reference work for the product and service quality of many brands.

Oh that's cool. Used to browse and shop there when I was living in Bern a few years ago.

Can't imagine a national level electronics store doing the same where I live (Japan). Maybe Singapore where I'm from might have retailers doing that in the future. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 | AsRock B450M-Pro4 | Zotac GTX 3070 Ti

Shure SRH840A | Sennheiser Momentum 2 AEBT | LG C9 55"

Always preferred them over any other retailer, had a couple warranty cases over the years specially with Logitech Products (Mechanical switches wearing out) and Samsung Monitors (Massive horizontal/vertical artifacting on cold boot and high hz), while other retailers drag you on and demand you to deliver the product (on your costs) even if you provide glaring evidence showing the problem, Digitec on the other hand just processes it and gives you the current product value back as a coupon or replacement without the need of returning the defective unit, you're just told to either keep it or throw it away.

Also love their price graph in every product page, can see the historic value, what I don't like is that you can clearly see them manipulating and taking advantage of certain market situations like Black Friday, example being a Laptop that was being sold for 1300.- (9% off), a week before Black Friday the price explodes to +2000.- where on black friday the 1300.- is now seen as a big deal even though it wasn't.

Yep, these are just a few reasons why it's not only the biggest but also the greatest online store in Switzerland and Amazon never had a chance to enter the Swiss market.

15 minutes ago, strajk- said:

Digitec on the other hand just processes it and gives you the current product value back as a coupon

thats actually terrible... so instead of getting a new or at least repaired product you need to buy a new one, from them... and of course they "decide" how much money *in coupon form you actually get back...

pretty sure that's illegal in the EU, but Switzerland isnt in the EU so they can probably pull this off there.

31 minutes ago, KarmCraft said:

As far as I know this is a world first

mindfactory does that since ages... 

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

-> Moved to General Discussion since it doesn't follow the TN Guidelines.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

7 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

thats actually terrible... so instead of getting a new or at least repaired product you need to buy a new one

You cropped/ignored the "or replacement" that followed.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

21 minutes ago, strajk- said:

Always preferred them over any other retailer, had a couple warranty cases over the years specially with Logitech Products (Mechanical switches wearing out) and Samsung Monitors (Massive horizontal/vertical artifacting on cold boot and high hz), while other retailers drag you on and demand you to deliver the product (on your costs) even if you provide glaring evidence showing the problem, Digitec on the other hand just processes it and gives you the current product value back as a coupon or replacement without the need of returning the defective unit, you're just told to either keep it or throw it away.

Also love their price graph in every product page, can see the historic value, what I don't like is that you can clearly see them manipulating and taking advantage of certain market situations like Black Friday, example being a Laptop that was being sold for 1300.- (9% off), a week before Black Friday the price explodes to +2000.- where on black friday the 1300.- is now seen as a big deal even though it wasn't.

I also prefer digitec over anything else. I had to issue a replacement reuqest once. Ordered my new monitor, arrived normally, except there was visible damage to one of the corners of the package. Unboxed the monitor and tested it, it didn't work. It did turn on but it was completely unusable, nothing except a white triangle acros the screen. Packed it back up, took some photos of the damage and made the replacement request. A few days later, the postal service took the broken monitor, and a few days later, a new one got sent to me, this time it wasn't dropped though and it worked normally

12 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

thats actually terrible... so instead of getting a new or at least repaired product you need to buy a new one, from them... and of course they "decide" how much money *in coupon form you actually get back...

pretty sure that's illegal in the EU, but Switzerland isnt in the EU so they can probably pull this off there.

That's optional, you either receive the current market value of the product that is listed in their store, or you just get a replacement that possibly has the same underlying issue, you choose what you want, and sometimes the current market price in their store is higher so you actually win from it.

It is an option to cop out of an investment that has no solution, the Logitech G Powerplay lineup is a good example, expensive shitty products where the only thing they got going for them is the convenience of never having to think about charging your wireless mouse again.

Why are they shitty? They use flimsy mechanical switches, I replaced under RMA 6 Powerplay mices in the span of 2 years because they kept starting to show double click/twitch contact issues around 3 months in because the metalic contact responsible for the clicking mechanism would get damaged over time.

Now that problem wouldn't be noticeable if you had a low polling rate mouse, since those wouldn't catch the bad contact, on those high polling rate ones you notice it instantly, drag and drops just canceling, double clicks or clicks outright not registering, was infuriating, tried their whole Wireless G Lineup, all have the same problem.

So I gave up and got myself a wireless mouse with optical switches instead, no issue ever since, still mad over it because my expensive mousepad isn't using the feature I purchased it for...

25 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

No it's not and also EU-compatible. They give you all the default options and go beyond for Warranties and RMA's, including 30-day-no-questions-asked return policy. Even if you opened the box and used the product you'll get at worst 90% of your money back. Only IKEA is better with their 1-year return policy.

16 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

You cropped/ignored the "or replacement" that followed.

3 minutes ago, strajk- said:

That's optional, you either receive the current market value of the product that is listed in their store, or you just get a replacement that possibly has the same underlying issue, you choose what you want, and sometimes the current market price in their store is higher so you actually win from it.

i didn't see that its optional - in that case it sounds like a good thing, options are always good i guess.

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Title is bit wrong. This isn't "Worlds First". For example, Finnish equivalent to Best Buy does same early, listing 20 most returned items and 20 lowest scoring items. Here's their list for 2021 https://www.verkkokauppa.com/fi/media/tiedotteet/2021-11-24-black-friday (in Finnish ofc).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv