[IGN] EA Nearing Deal with Comcast for Game Streaming

XTankSlayerX

126064-1280png-a29fa9_grande.png

[Click the image] http://ca.ign.com/articles/2014/05/02/report-ea-nearing-deal-with-comcast-for-game-streaming

Reuters reports that under the terms of the agreement, customers with X1 cable boxes would be able to make use of the functionality. The companies would focus first on casual and family games, and then consider other genres like first-person shooters, sports, or action games based on the demand. Tablets could serve as the controllers. The report is based on information from five sources, all of whom declined to speak publicly before the deal is finalized.

This is somewhat interesting, 2 of the worst companies in America teaming up to make things, lets see how they will try to make it an enjoyable experience. I don't think the internet infrastructure is where it should be to power this.

Hopfully they wont charge you the price of a kidney for this

Inb4 EA/Comcast hate

Whyyy?! It's not like the experience is going to be enjoyable.

i'm a potato

I think this seems pretty cool

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

I think our ISP's are fully capable of making our internet good enough for any service like this (Nvidia Grid comes to mind for me personally since I'm a Shield owner), they just won't do it because money is involved in that.

Can't spend money to give people a better experience, NOPE.

I've never had problems with EA, but Comcast is another story... I'd rather not have them running this.

I'm that guy with the GPD Win.

I think our ISP's are fully capable of making our internet good enough for any service like this (Nvidia Grid comes to mind for me personally since I'm a Shield owner), they just won't do it because money is involved in that.

Can't spend money to give people a better experience, NOPE.

Yeah I'm sure they have the money to make our internet great but sadly most of it is spent fighting in courts and trying to consume other companies.

CPU amd phenom ii x4 965 @ 3.4Ghz | Motherboard msi 970a-g46 | RAM 2x 4GB Team Elite | GPU XFX Radeon HD 7870 DD | Case NZXT Gamma Classic | HDD 750 GB Hitachi | PSU ocz modxstream pro 600w

i bet once they launch, nobody will use it, unless is free, then we'll see a massive hate train about how it sucks, also this seems like another attempt to force unwanted services for premium prices down our throats 

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

i bet once they launch, nobody will use it, unless is free, then we'll see a massive hate train about how it sucks, also this seems like another attempt to force unwanted services for premium prices down our throats 

Well in this case nobody is forcing it. But it may be a good opportunity to sell games to people who don't have consoles or gaming PCs.