JJ covers the Z97 boards

minimalist

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Why is it that all of a sudden a bunch of Z97 boards are popping up with PLX switches but yet don't have the slot spacing needed for SLI/CFX?

Why is it that all of a sudden a bunch of Z97 boards are popping up with PLX switches but yet don't have the slot spacing needed for SLI/CFX?

Just between the first two x16 lanes, after that there is no room. I don't think they expect anyone to run 3-way sli on that board, and that is where the maximus comes in.

These boards are cool and the features are cool however I feel like this is a weird time to release a new chipset with a new cpu. Still haswell currently not broadwell, skylake which will more then likely have DDR4 isn't close yet so its hard to want to move to anything yet for anyone with sandy, ivy or haswell.

Asus seems to be fond of plx chips at tje moment but the pcie lanes are routed direct to cpu, the plx is meant for sata, usb etc etc

Just watched the video.. definitely not happy about the gold accents -_- I want silver or white and black.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YES! They fixed the gold! It's still gold but at least it's way better than last gen.

i'm a potato

Theta plenty of space... What I want to see is Nvidia or AMD have single slot water blocked gpus so you can throw four in an ATX or mATX system.

Theta plenty of space... What I want to see is Nvidia or AMD have single slot water blocked gpus so you can throw four in an ATX or mATX system.

Reference water block cards would be awesome.

Is the PCB brown? what is asus smoking....

Brown? That's disgusting. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Reference water block cards would be awesome.

EVGA has it but they're dual slot cards... :(

The Nvidia standard port layout requires dual slots. It doesn't seem like Nvidia gives their AIBs a ton of control with port layout. At least not that I've seen.

Is the PCB brown? what is asus smoking....

No, it's black. The lighting makes it look brown sometimes, but all the Z97 boards have black PCBs. It's very clearly black in the stock images and close ups.

I like the ROG and TUF boards even more.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

The Nvidia standard port layout requires dual slots. It doesn't seem like Nvidia gives their AIBs a ton of control with port layout. At least not that I've seen.

If they drop a DVI port then it's possible. DisplayPort takes up little space and has plenty of adapters.

YES! They fixed the gold! It's still gold but at least it's way better than last gen.

You know, I got the Z87I because it was gold and I thought it looked fantastic in a 250D... Differences of opinion.  -_-

Now if only I can get a Z97 Hero without red on it. >.>

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

I really want to see how the next Formula board will look like.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

I watched this earlier, in my honest opinion if you have a p67 and are still on sandy 1155 you are missing nothing if you're a gamer.

The only important feature that I can say I care about since then is USB3.

Man I love the ASUS boards but why you heff to stick with gold? Now there are very few options for blue motherboards :(

Man I love the ASUS boards but why you heff to stick with gold? Now there are very few options for blue motherboards :(

I believe gold is very popular in some of their Asian markets so that is why they are using that color.

I'm more interested to see how they can possibly improve the VI Impact. 

Spoiler
Spoiler

Project Depravity: £850 / ????? (03/12/2015) Case: Phanteks Enthoo Primo SE Red Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB MX Red Monitors: 3* Asus PG279Q Stand: Ergotech Triple Desk Stand Webcam: Logitch C920

Spoiler

RIP in kill: CPU: Single core Celeron M @1.73GHz RAM: 1GB (512MB x2) DDR2 SO-DIMM Motherboard: Asus MOCA-AR HDD: 160GB SATA2 5400rpm

Spoiler

Current System: CPU: Intel i5-4690K Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB 1866MHz GPU: Gigabyte Windforce 960 4GB SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB PSU: Corsair CX500M Case: Corsair 200R Windowed MonitorLG 22MP55HQ 22" IPS + HP w19 MouseRoccat Savu Keyboard: Corsair Raptor K30 Mouse Pad: Perixx DX-1000XXL Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit 

I don't really like the ASUS gushing. "When you are buying an ASUS board you are buying a lot more than base spec". Yeah I know it is an ASUS video but still :P

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

I definitely like this gold theme over the 50 shades of gold/yellow/puke color they had on there z87 boards.

I thought those are EK rebrands.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

I thought those are EK rebrands.

Swiftech actually. They're based on the Komodo line of waterblocks.