Seattle - $15/hr Minimum Wage

Anthony10

Meanwhile in maryland - $7.25/hr

GODDAMNIT

I bet their cost of living sucks.

Denmark : 20+

The Mistress: Case: Corsair 760t   CPU:  Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz(stock speed at the moment) - GPU: MSI 970 - MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - RAM: Crucial Ballistic Sport 1600MHZ CL9 - PSU: Corsair AX760  - STORAGE: 128Gb Samsung EVO SSD/ 1TB WD Blue/Several older WD blacks.

We have the highest min. wage in the country at something like $9.32 an hour. It would be a welcomed change but it's going to KILL the small shops and stores that can't afford to pay more. But on the other hand, it will be a nice boost to the economy because people well are going to have the money to spend.

$15 an hour hardly gives you a decent apartment IN Seattle ($1000+ a month easy) but you can reach out to the smaller areas outside Seattle where apartments are $800+ but still makes living harder if you don't have a spouses income to rely on.

$15 min. hour will never happen in Seattle. It's pissing my city off.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

meanwhile in aus we have stupid changing wages depending on age

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

We have the highest min. wage in the country at something like $9.32 an hour. It would be a welcomed change but it's going to KILL the small shops and stores that can't afford to pay more. But on the other hand, it will be a nice boost to the economy because people well are going to have the money to spend.

$15 an hour hardly gives you a decent apartment IN Seattle ($1000+ a month easy) but you can reach out to the smaller areas outside Seattle where apartments are $800+ but still makes living harder if you don't have a spouses income to rely on.

$15 min. hour will never happen in Seattle. It's pissing my city off.

HE LIVES!

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Just stopping by. Put in a couple posts here and there.

knew you would come back

Specs

13 posts over 5 months isn't quite.. back lol

well means you still care about the forum

Specs

Only once sheer boredom kicks in. 10pm and nothing to do.

ever get the 760t?

Specs

The minimum wage here is $10/hr and it's still difficult to support yourself. It's enough to support half a person.

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

ever get the 760t?

In the past few months I haven't really done much with PC's outside of work. I have a semi complete white H440 (vi hero, swifftech h220, samsung 840's, ax 1200i) just sitting on my dining room table collecting dust. Haven't touched it since I bought the case from airdeano a while back haha

The top of the 760t was a deal breaker for me. Not having any kind of mesh when removing the white top piece just was mehh

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

In the past few months I haven't really done much with PC's outside of work. I have a semi complete white H440 (vi hero, swifftech h220, samsung 840's, ax 1200i) just sitting on my dining room table collecting dust. Haven't touched it since I bought the case from airdeano a while back haha

The top of the 760t was a deal breaker for me. Not having any kind of mesh when removing the white top piece just was mehh

shame :(

Specs

wat.... there is still parts of canada that are ~$9....... In BC here its $10.50

My Car: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/?p=4442206

CPU: i5 4590 |Motherboard: ASRock H97M PRO4|Memory: Corsair Vengance 8gbs|Storage: WD Caviar Blue 1TB|GPU: ZOTAC GTX 760 2gb|PSU: Thermaltech TR2 500W|Monitors: LG24M35 24" & Dual 19"|Mouse:Razer DeathAdder 2013 with SteelSeries Qck mini|Keyboard: Ducky DK2087 Zero MX Red|Headset: HyperX Cloud|Cooling: Corsair 120mm blue LED, Lepa vortex 120mm, stock 120mm|Case:Enermax Ostrog Blue Windowed

I get paid $12-24 an hour because of my families small buisness, but at the computer shop I get minimum wage and pretty much every penny goes to car insurance and gas

I haven't worked a minimum wage job since I was 16. That being said I have worked plenty of jobs only a few dollars above it and lived fine. I know this isn't a place for such an argument but minimum wage is just that the lowest possible wage and its something like 4% of the working population is paid it in the US.

People still think you're supposed to be able to support a family on minimum wage? Minimum wage is the BARE MINIMUM you can pay someone for their labor before it's considered slavery. 1 step above slavery is not designed to support a wife and kids. It's for entry level non-skilled labor to build a resume and gain experience. It's for kids.

You wouldn't expect 30 FPS on Battlefield 3 with an Atom netbook with 1GB of RAM, would you? Same concept.

Higher minimum wage prices students out of employment, and you end up with more adults working in fast food.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

UK = $6.27 - $10.64 depending on age and the COL is relatively high.

Before 2013 Apprentices could be paid anything, including nothing, they brought out legislation last year though so it's now $4.52.

Minimum wage in Slovakia 1,768€/h. After you pay your bills you you have around 50€ left at best for rest of that month... if you are lucky enough to have low cost living.

meanwhile in norway, 25$/h at macdonalds

WHAT!! Wow i will see you in norway i'm packing now.

Interested in Business and Technology