Seattle - $15/hr Minimum Wage

Anthony10

25$/h and it still isn't enough for a good life here...

"Probably Because I'm A Dangerous Sociopath With A Long History Of Violence"

WHAT!! Wow i will see you in norway i'm packing now.

Its not bad here either, min wage is like 15 dollar

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Nordic people confirmed for being ungrateful.

There are too many asshat employers paying their employees in America under 10 an hr and only if you have a specialized job will you get paid decently. 25 dollars an hour minimum is 4 grand every month which is more than enough for a decent house, car payment, food and other crap. You guys in the Nordic nations must be materialistic as fuck to think that isn't enough to live off of as minimum.

Or the cost of living must make even states like Hawaii seem cheap to live in...then again, Norway treats prisoners a hell of a lot nicer than many "free" Americans get treated...I don't even know how you guys handle your money but geeze. :ph34r:

Nordic people confirmed for being ungrateful.

There are too many asshat employers paying their employees in America under 10 an hr and only if you have a specialized job will you get paid decently. 25 dollars an hour minimum is 4 grand every month which is more than enough for a decent house, car payment, food and other crap. You guys in the Nordic nations must be materialistic as fuck to think that isn't enough to live off of as minimum.

Or the cost of living must make even states like Hawaii seem cheap to live in...then again, Norway treats prisoners a hell of a lot nicer than many "free" Americans get treated...I don't even know how you guys handle your money but geeze. :ph34r:

Or you must be stupid as fuck and not understand economics, cost of living, or currency exchange rates. For all you know a Happy Meal in Norway is $17.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

We have the highest min. wage in the country at something like $9.32 an hour. It would be a welcomed change but it's going to KILL the small shops and stores that can't afford to pay more. But on the other hand, it will be a nice boost to the economy because people well are going to have the money to spend.

$15 an hour hardly gives you a decent apartment IN Seattle ($1000+ a month easy) but you can reach out to the smaller areas outside Seattle where apartments are $800+ but still makes living harder if you don't have a spouses income to rely on.

$15 min. hour will never happen in Seattle. It's pissing my city off.

It will be nice at first, then prices will go up to match

I made 5.85$/hr at my old job + tip, but not many people tip at an ice cream shop

Wow, this is how much I made when I first started working at Microsoft 15 years ago as a contractor :P Oh how the times have changed.

Jerry (aka. Barnacules)

Barnacules Nerdgasm  B) 

[YouTube] [Twitter] [Facebook]

Ok for the people that complain about the minimum wage stop it really. Cost of living is about to rise through the roof after a while in Seattle for sure, and also why would you want to stay in a job that pays that low? I see it as a push for people to get a better job and go to school to get a better job that wont pay so low. At the same time I do understand that some jobs do pay low for what they are but again move jobs if you do not like it. I think that it is soooo stupid for someone to be paid such a crazy amount for working a job that does not take much brain power to do. And for the peeps that would be all like "meow meow meow, you have never worked in a bad job before that paid low" I have indeed worked at Walmart and because I was getting paid soooo low ($7.45 where I live) I changed jobs and then got a job for a company with a fruit in its symbol and now I am going to school to further my education and get even a better paying job. Im feeling that most of the people complaining are like either highschoolers that just want more money for nothing or people that want to be lazy and work for nothing while getting paid a ton.  

I'm a professional and think our current wage slavery system is bunk.

Good for Seattle fighting it.

We either need companies to have decent wage scaling on their own(which they clearly don't ) or they need to be forced into it.

Ok for the people that complain about the minimum wage stop it really. Cost of living is about to rise through the roof after a while in Seattle for sure, and also why would you want to stay in a job that pays that low? I see it as a push for people to get a better job and go to school to get a better job that wont pay so low. At the same time I do understand that some jobs do pay low for what they are but again move jobs if you do not like it. I think that it is soooo stupid for someone to be paid such a crazy amount for working a job that does not take much brain power to do. And for the peeps that would be all like "meow meow meow, you have never worked in a bad job before that paid low" I have indeed worked at Walmart and because I was getting paid soooo low ($7.45 where I live) I changed jobs and then got a job for a company with a fruit in its symbol and now I am going to school to further my education and get even a better paying job. Im feeling that most of the people complaining are like either highschoolers that just want more money for nothing or people that want to be lazy and work for nothing while getting paid a ton.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

I get $20-25/hr for mowing lawns. I get to choose my hours, and it is good exercise. Plus I get a good tan.

"You can try to play chess with a pigeon. But even if you win, it'll shit on the board and strut around."

GG Spain minimum wage: 5.6$/hr

That's providng you can get a job, with a 26% Unemployment rate

GG, Spain :P You have more unsold houses than the USA

Compatible with Windows 95

Michigan's is $7.50.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

We have the highest min. wage in the country at something like $9.32 an hour. It would be a welcomed change but it's going to KILL the small shops and stores that can't afford to pay more. But on the other hand, it will be a nice boost to the economy because people well are going to have the money to spend.

$15 an hour hardly gives you a decent apartment IN Seattle ($1000+ a month easy) but you can reach out to the smaller areas outside Seattle where apartments are $800+ but still makes living harder if you don't have a spouses income to rely on.

$15 min. hour will never happen in Seattle. It's pissing my city off.

To be fair, most people do live outside Seattle anyway. Like Tacoma and Kent.

It's $7.35 here in SC though

Meanwhile, we (Italy) don't even have a minimum wage.

meanwhile in norway, 25$/h at macdonalds

Norway....if i had to leave my country it would be there.....or Sweden, New Zealand. 

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

Meanwhile, we (Italy) don't even have a minimum wage.

Is everybody slaving away in sweat shops?

That seems to be the common misconception of a lack of minimum wage.

CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 3700x CPU Cooler: AMD Wraith Prism Motherboard: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB (2x8GB) SSD: Samsung 970 Plus 250GB NVME, WD Blue 2TB m.2, Crucial M500 240GB GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW PSU: Seasonic G-Series 550W CASE: Corsair 220T RGB

To be fair, most people do live outside Seattle anyway. Like Tacoma and Kent.

It's $7.35 here in SC though

Cheaper to live outside Seattle but the 900,000 or so in Seattle/Bellevue area are paying out the ass. I had a 2 bed, 2 bath apartment in a nice area of Seattle and it was $1800 a month. The house I moved into still in Seattle but the outskirts that is 6 bed, 5 bath is only costing me $1300. Tacoma and Kent which are considered poorer cities would only cost me $900 for a 2 bed 2 bath

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

Wow, this is how much I made when I first started working at Microsoft 15 years ago as a contractor :P Oh how the times have changed.

Hey sexy, been a while since I've seen you post on here :-) congrats on 100k subs btw!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Denmark : 20+

If you're over 18 :(

i7 2600 | HD 6870 | 8GB Memory | 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 500W PSU | Fractal Define R4

I have a lot of upgrade plans, and no money  :)