Stadia is refunding to expired cards and refuses to help customers.

alexiskaselouris

Hello there,

I have received my Stadia refunds on the cards originally used. 

This should be an at least ok thing, right?

Yes it would be satisfactory if the refunds weren't on cards I no longer use, in another country that I have no access to.

I decided to contact Stadia and tell them "Hey this cards are expired don't you see that?

The reply was that their automated system does not see that and, find a way to contact your old bank.

That would be ok as well but... It is a bank in another country and on the other side of the country!

I live in Greece and the banks they want me to contact are in the UK!!!

The representative I discussed with said that many other people have faced similar problems.

So I give you the whole conversation I had with them and I think that somebody should talk about this:

Chat transcript for case: 6-2470000033191
Nov 25, 4:30 AM (Pacific Time)

4:37:53 AM Vince: Vince joined the conversation
4:37:53 AM Alexis Kaselouris: Alexis Kaselouris joined the conversation
4:37:56 AM Vince: Hi! Welcome to Stadia support. My name is Vince. For future reference, your case ID is 6-2470000033191. How are you today?
4:38:15 AM Alexis Kaselouris: Hello Vince, fine and you
4:38:16 AM Alexis Kaselouris: '
4:38:24 AM Alexis Kaselouris: ?
4:39:04 AM Vince: That's great to know, Alexis.
4:39:18 AM Vince: I'm doing fine. Thanks for asking!
4:39:39 AM Vince: I can see here that your Stadia refunds have been credited to your original form of payment.
4:40:17 AM Alexis Kaselouris: Yes and two of the cards used in most of the refunds have expired and I no longer maintain the accounts linked to them
4:40:57 AM Vince: I wish I could assist you in changing the form of payment on where to receive your refund, Alexis, however, the refund is done by our system and it's automated so the refund will go through the original form of payment.

4:41:00 AM Vince: You may contact your financial institution for further assistance on how to get your Stadia refund.

4:41:02 AM Vince: If your financial institution can't help you in getting your refund, Google will send an email with additional instructions on how to get your refund.

4:42:32 AM Alexis Kaselouris: These cards are in the UK  where I used to live now I live in Greece
4:42:49 AM Alexis Kaselouris: I have to call them and pay a lot of money for that call
4:43:16 AM Alexis Kaselouris: because I don't have access to their web banking anymore
4:43:30 AM Alexis Kaselouris: Stadia refunded on two cards that are expired
4:43:43 AM Alexis Kaselouris: it is obvious that this is automated and wrong
4:44:51 AM Vince: The refund is done by our system so it's automated. This means that the refund will be processed automatically to the original for of payment that you've used when you made the Stadia purchases.
4:45:51 AM Alexis Kaselouris: Excuse me but an automated system could understand whether the refund is issued in an expired card and ask for a new card
4:46:05 AM Alexis Kaselouris: the excuse of an automated system is utterly invalid
4:47:01 AM Vince: The refund will still go to the original form of payment. That's why you need to contact the bank to confirm it. If it bounce back, you'll receive another email from Google with the additional instructions on how to get your refund.
4:47:22 AM Alexis Kaselouris: I don't have access to those accounts
4:48:17 AM Vince: You may still contact the bank since this is the same instructions that we've given to our Stadia customers who have the same scenario and most of them got their refund with their bank institution.
4:48:57 AM Alexis Kaselouris: you are asking me to contact a bank in the other side of a continent
4:49:11 AM Alexis Kaselouris: not another bank in my country
4:49:13 AM Vince: You may try their chat support or email.
4:49:44 AM Alexis Kaselouris: barclay's uk don't have an option for that unfortunately
4:50:53 AM Alexis Kaselouris: If they had I wouldn't bother you and I did pay an internatiol call of 20 minutes already only to wait in a queue
4:52:31 AM Vince: If you're confident that your previous bank will not help you with the refund, kindly wait for another email from Google with the additional instructions on how to get your refund.
4:53:15 AM Alexis Kaselouris: the issue is that the account is still there so on the refund won't be rejected
4:53:37 AM Alexis Kaselouris: there will be just some money under and old account that I have no access sitting there
4:53:56 AM Vince: Since you mentioned that it will not be rejected, it would be best to get in touch with the bank company to arrange on how to get the refund.
4:54:28 AM Vince: Your financial institution will be glad to help you if the refund was credited to your inactive account.
4:54:38 AM Alexis Kaselouris: and we circle back that I can't contact them and it is a huge issue trying to get in touch with them
4:55:03 AM Alexis Kaselouris: all of this would be trivial if I could go to their branch
4:55:19 AM Alexis Kaselouris: and to do that I have to travel from Greece to the UK
4:56:31 AM Alexis Kaselouris: so as you understand it is a huge issue and the fault comes in the decision made by Stadia in the automated system not validating the refunds and prompting for a choice of where the refunds should go to
4:57:35 AM Vince: I wish I could assist you with this, Alexis, but the refund processes are done by our system.
4:59:20 AM Alexis Kaselouris: Vince, my disappointment behind your last statement is summed up to the following: Your company made a mistake that does not only affect me but many others as you've indicated earlier, and your response is, I can't do anything and you hide behind the automated system.
5:00:18 AM Alexis Kaselouris: At the very least as an outcome of this conversation I would like to submit an official complaint towards stadia
5:00:21 AM Vince: We do have other customers that contacted their previous bank and get the refund, Alexis.
5:00:33 AM Vince: I can forward that to the right department.
5:00:50 AM Vince: Can I have your complaint that you would like to submit?
5:01:19 AM Alexis Kaselouris: Yes Vince I am sure you do and I'm sure that in order to get back their money they had to work really hard
5:04:39 AM Alexis Kaselouris: My complaint is that refunds from Stadia were automatically retuned to expired cards and no check was implemented on that. Furthermore Stadia's representatives instead of acknowledging the error in process, will not help the customers but tell them to jump through hoops in order to receive their refunds. In my case I'm asked to contact a bank in the UK whilst I live in Greece in order to get my refund.
5:07:00 AM Vince: Got it.
5:07:15 AM Vince: I'll go ahead and forward your complaint to the right department, Alexis.
5:07:17 AM Vince: Would there be anything else I can help you with?
5:08:07 AM Alexis Kaselouris: no Vince, please let me say that when I as a customer have a complaint against a company it is against the company and never personal
5:08:36 AM Alexis Kaselouris: so excuse me if I have been hard on you and hope you have a good day
5:09:10 AM Vince: No worries, Alexis.
5:09:17 AM Vince: Have a good day as well.
5:09:20 AM Alexis Kaselouris: Good bye
5:09:24 AM Vince: There’s a short survey coming up. Google would appreciate your feedback about your experience today. Thanks for contacting Google. Have a great day and always keep safe!
5:09:26 AM Vince: Vince left the conversation
5:09:26 AM Vince: Let us know how we did: https://support.google.com/stadia/contact/stadia_chat_survey?ctx=chat&caseid=AIsujaFDAuygvdv9NLyPpUZU2ogbEtyHKMInFgVsjS9KoeyES_bQYdDP6-0=.
5:09:26 AM Vince: Vince ended the conversation

Well telephones are a thing.  It might require a long distance call.  Do you have to walk in?  

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

1 hour ago, alexiskaselouris said:

Hello there,

Yes it would be satisfactory if the refunds weren't on cards I no longer use, in another country that I have no access to.

I decided to contact Stadia and tell them "Hey this cards are expired don't you see that?

The reply was that their automated system does not see that and, find a way to contact your old bank.

That would be ok as well but... It is a bank in another country and on the other side of the country!

The representative I discussed with said that many other people have faced similar problems.

So I give you the whole conversation I had with them and I think that somebody should talk about this:

4:37:56 AM Vince: Hi! Welcome to Stadia support. My name is Vince. For future reference, your case ID is 6-2470000033191. How are you today?
4:39:39 AM Vince: I can see here that your Stadia refunds have been credited to your original form of payment.
4:40:17 AM Alexis Kaselouris: Yes and two of the cards used in most of the refunds have expired and I no longer maintain the accounts linked to them
4:40:57 AM Vince: I wish I could assist you in changing the form of payment on where to receive your refund, Alexis, however, the refund is done by our system and it's automated so the refund will go through the original form of payment.

4:41:00 AM Vince: You may contact your financial institution for further assistance on how to get your Stadia refund.

4:41:02 AM Vince: If your financial institution can't help you in getting your refund, Google will send an email with additional instructions on how to get your refund.

4:42:32 AM Alexis Kaselouris: These cards are in the UK  where I used to live now I live in Greece
4:42:49 AM Alexis Kaselouris: I have to call them and pay a lot of money for that call
4:43:16 AM Alexis Kaselouris: because I don't have access to their web banking anymore
4:44:51 AM Vince: The refund is done by our system so it's automated. This means that the refund will be processed automatically to the original for of payment that you've used when you made the Stadia purchases.
4:45:51 AM Alexis Kaselouris: Excuse me but an automated system could understand whether the refund is issued in an expired card and ask for a new card
4:46:05 AM Alexis Kaselouris: the excuse of an automated system is utterly invalid
4:47:01 AM Vince: The refund will still go to the original form of payment. That's why you need to contact the bank to confirm it. If it bounce back, you'll receive another email from Google with the additional instructions on how to get your refund.
4:48:17 AM Vince: You may still contact the bank since this is the same instructions that we've given to our Stadia customers who have the same scenario and most of them got their refund with their bank institution.
4:48:57 AM Alexis Kaselouris: you are asking me to contact a bank in the other side of a continent
4:49:44 AM Alexis Kaselouris: barclay's uk don't have an option for that unfortunately
4:50:53 AM Alexis Kaselouris: If they had I wouldn't bother you and I did pay an internatiol call of 20 minutes already only to wait in a queue
4:52:31 AM Vince: If you're confident that your previous bank will not help you with the refund, kindly wait for another email from Google with the additional instructions on how to get your refund.
4:53:15 AM Alexis Kaselouris: the issue is that the account is still there so on the refund won't be rejected
4:53:37 AM Alexis Kaselouris: there will be just some money under and old account that I have no access sitting there
4:53:56 AM Vince: Since you mentioned that it will not be rejected, it would be best to get in touch with the bank company to arrange on how to get the refund.
4:54:28 AM Vince: Your financial institution will be glad to help you if the refund was credited to your inactive account.
4:54:38 AM Alexis Kaselouris: and we circle back that I can't contact them and it is a huge issue trying to get in touch with them
4:55:03 AM Alexis Kaselouris: all of this would be trivial if I could go to their branch
4:55:19 AM Alexis Kaselouris: and to do that I have to travel from Greece to the UK
4:56:31 AM Alexis Kaselouris: so as you understand it is a huge issue and the fault comes in the decision made by Stadia in the automated system not validating the refunds and prompting for a choice of where the refunds should go to
4:57:35 AM Vince: I wish I could assist you with this, Alexis, but the refund processes are done by our system.
4:59:20 AM Alexis Kaselouris: Vince, my disappointment behind your last statement is summed up to the following: Your company made a mistake that does not only affect me but many others as you've indicated earlier, and your response is, I can't do anything and you hide behind the automated system.
5:00:18 AM Alexis Kaselouris: At the very least as an outcome of this conversation I would like to submit an official complaint towards stadia
5:00:21 AM Vince: We do have other customers that contacted their previous bank and get the refund, Alexis.
5:01:19 AM Alexis Kaselouris: Yes Vince I am sure you do and I'm sure that in order to get back their money they had to work really hard
5:04:39 AM Alexis Kaselouris: My complaint is that refunds from Stadia were automatically retuned to expired cards and no check was implemented on that. Furthermore Stadia's representatives instead of acknowledging the error in process, will not help the customers but tell them to jump through hoops in order to receive their refunds. In my case I'm asked to contact a bank in the UK whilst I live in Greece in order to get my refund.
5:07:15 AM Vince: I'll go ahead and forward your complaint to the right department, Alexis.
5:08:07 AM Alexis Kaselouris: no Vince, please let me say that when I as a customer have a complaint against a company it is against the company and never personal
5:08:36 AM Alexis Kaselouris: so excuse me if I have been hard on you and hope you have a good day
5:09:24 AM Vince: There’s a short survey coming up. Google would appreciate your feedback about your experience today. Thanks for contacting Google. Have a great day and always keep safe!
5:09:26 AM Vince: Let us know how we did: https://support.google.com/stadia/contact/stadia_chat_survey?ctx=chat&caseid=AIsujaFDAuygvdv9NLyPpUZU2ogbEtyHKMInFgVsjS9KoeyES_bQYdDP6-0=.

The card expired, not the account. When Google credits you, they credit the account, not the card. It's on you to update payment information. Does it suck? Yes, but it's not really Google fault that you didn't close down your account when you moved to a different country. 

Yo

30 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Well telephones are a thing.  It might require a long distance call.  Do you have to walk in?  

You mean... ACTUALLY TALK to another person? Sacrilegious! (Apologies to 2Step)

The first time I've seen such responsibility from a soulless company. 

I don't know that the rough edges will be smoothed for those that have issue like this

What "Rough Edges" he was given the solution, but apparently wants to complain instead of simply following the steps required to solve his problem.

What they are offering is standard. It's not their fault that you have moved and don't want to call. They have even given you lifeline, but need to wait until it all steps are done.

In this case, you are the one at fault. Not Google support.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I moved country from the UK to Europe, and have had the same issue. But in my case I told my old bank what my new bank details were, so when people paid into my old account by mistake, even with a closed account they simply forwarded the money. By law they have to offer this service free of charge. But unless you already did that you are SOL.

Your refund HAS to go to the card (account) that made the origional purchase, because that it what their terms and conditions say, it's also part of PCI DSS compliance, so you are not going to win any argument to do it another way. 

The only option you have is to wait, and hope they will see that your transaction failed, then they will come up with a process of contacting you for a refund.

Edir: I actually wrote that before reading the chat convo. But that's exsctly what you've been told. "If it does fail then wait for further instructions".

You don't seem willing to fix your own mistake, and are expecting google to foot the bill for your own life choices. Don't get pissy with the guy trying to help you, listen to what they are telling you to do and do it. The options were contact your old bank to find out what they can do (they will tell you to wait for the email) or just wait for the email. That's it.

5 hours ago, Blue4130 said:

The card expired, not the account. When Google credits you, they credit the account, not the card. It's on you to update payment information. Does it suck? Yes, but it's not really Google fault that you didn't close down your account when you moved to a different country. 

yeah, well, you know what, you're exactly correct! : D

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

8 hours ago, alexiskaselouris said:

this is 100% standard process. no merchant system will 'check' to see if the account is open on the other side.

very very very rarely will you find a merchant who is willing to refund a charge to a different account due to the potential fraud implications, and i can't think of ANY company that would refund to an account held in a different country.

"call your bank and see what they can do for you" is not "jumping through hoops" it is literally the bare minimum.

Exactly 0 of this entire scenario is Google/Stadia's fault.

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

https://support.google.com/stadia/answer/12790109?hl=en#zippy=%2Cq-i-no-longer-have-the-form-of-payment-i-used-to-make-the-purchase-how-will-i-get-a-refund

image.png.eae64295e81438caf7d7bd9716838008.png

image.png.eb741db48e2e5b56171c6b79dea21973.png

Opened the bottom one to give Google a bit of credit here. They're even trying to refund people who don't have their Google account anymore.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

as anticorporate as i am (the name and pfp are a joke, I’m not a noctua shill although i do use quite a few of their products), this isn’t on Google. Completely standard, your bank should refund you the money even though you don’t have the card, just call them

12 hours ago, alexiskaselouris said:

Hello there,

You're probably going to be SOL

This was in the email:

How will your Stadia Store refund(s) be processed?

We'll attempt to automatically refund each transaction to the form of payment used to make the purchase. In the event that the refund was not successful, you'll receive an email with a link to choose another form of payment to issue the refund to.

For Stadia players that have deleted their Google Account, we'll still attempt to automatically refund the transaction to the original form of payment.

Given that for many people the card will have expired since, the only reasonable action is credit to the google account. If for some reason you neither have the google account or the bank you bought it on, you are going to need to talk to an actual human, because that chat interaction seems like a chatbot.

As for bringing this to LTT... you're probably going get answers along the line of "talk to your bank" or "talk to real human at google/stadia"

Part of anti-fraud activities is not refunding to different cards on file, refunding to a card is a very highly monitored-for-compliance activity. In many cases, you simply can not refund any transaction over 60 days, and hence "Store credit" is why returns and refunds are always done, as it dissuades fraud (like stealing an item, or buying an item on sale from another retailer, and then trying to get a refund from a different retailer who doesn't check like Walmart or Costco.)

If they refunded to the original payment method, contact the bank, because they will panic if the transaction went through, and once it's noticed by their system that there is a closed account with a credit balance they will likely try to send you a cheque. They don't want to be responsible for it. For whatever reason it did go through and wasn't rejected, then it's back in google's court and they should see that the refund was rejected or "sent back"

At any rate, you almost certainly need to contact the bank if you changed your contact information since.

31 minutes ago, Kisai said:

If they refunded to the original payment method, contact the bank, because they will panic if the transaction went through, and once it's noticed by their system that there is a closed account with a credit balance they will likely try to send you a cheque.

If I read everything correctly, he didn't close the account. He left it as is, just moved countries without doing anything with the account. The money is likely sitting in the account.

I am not a banker though. Any bankers here? What happens when a credit is issued? Does it go the the account that the card is tied to? Does it take expired date of the card used for purchase into account? My credit card numbers have been the same for decades are far as I can tell despite cards expiring and getting renewed.

5 minutes ago, Blue4130 said:

If I read everything correctly, he didn't close the account. He left it as is, just moved countries without doing anything with the account. The money is likely sitting in the account.

I am not a banker though. Any bankers here? What happens when a credit is issued? Does it go the the account that the card is tied to? Does it take expired date of the card used for purchase into account? My credit card numbers have been the same for decades are far as I can tell despite cards expiring and getting renewed.

Well if the bank account is still "open", then it's more than likely sitting in the account, and if there is no activity on the account for like... 2 years, they will probably also cut a check to the account owner to the address on file. It will depend on the bank and the rules, but like in Canada, usually if you had money with a bank or something, it will go into a unclaimed funds system that tries to find the owner. Hard to do if you're not at the last known address.

16 hours ago, Thomas4 said:

Yo

You mean... ACTUALLY TALK to another person? Sacrilegious! (Apologies to 2Step)

So you think it is easy and logical for a refund for 170 euros to spend more than 30 euros on a call????????????????????????

Then I.M. them or use E-Mail, you'll be surprised at how helpful organizations can be with at least SOME willingness and effort by the customer. Complaining about on a 3rd party forum isn't going to help you.

Keyboard warriors you've missed the whole thing and were quick to jump the gun and criticize me. To contact the bank we are talking about I have to sacrifice a part of the refund. So I am getting a refund of about 170 Euros that I spent on something I wanted and no longer will have.  

I get issued a refund on an expired card

I have to make a call and pay at the very least 20 Euros  for it. 40 Euros because I already made the call once.

Find a way to convince the Bank I am me because the Phone number and address even my  passport has changed.

You say that losing a part of the refund  and trying to contact a company that has no email support is not jumping through hoops?

Apart from the money I will be losing I will have to spent hours trying to contact them! Isn't that another form of loss?

I'm sure you won't empathize with what I've said after all you satisfied your needs by attacking me instead of thinking as a consumer!

56 minutes ago, alexiskaselouris said:

Keyboard warriors you've missed the whole thing and were quick to jump the gun and criticize me. To contact the bank we are talking about I have to sacrifice a part of the refund. So I am getting a refund of about 170 Euros that I spent on something I wanted and no longer will have.  

I have to make a call and pay at the very least 20 Euros  for it. 40 Euros because I already made the call once.

Find a way to convince the Bank I am me because the Phone number and address even my  passport has changed.

You say that losing a part of the refund  and trying to contact a company that has no email support is not jumping through hoops?

Apart from the money I will be losing I will have to spent hours trying to contact them! Isn't that another form of loss?

I'm sure you won't empathize with what I've said after all you satisfied your needs by attacking me instead of thinking as a consumer!

You said that the bank was baklays, correct? A quick look and I found online chat support, an app, email and phone numbers. (Skype still exists right?)  as well as Facebook which they say they reply to. You are the one making this seem more complicated than it should be. 

So you think it is easy and logical for a refund for 170 euros to spend more than 30 euros on a call????????????????????????

At that point, I honestly would just swallow the loss. But otherwise, yes. Unless you have original provided false information when opening the account, you can still provide enough information. Has your name, nationality or other social security details changed? Changing basic details is normal part of life.

You are still given chance by Google and you are still being the difficult one. You really thought that everyone would hate Google enough to give you platform and pity without any doubt or criticism. Sorry, this is wrong forum for that.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Would you rather have 140 Euros, or 0 Euros?

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

2 hours ago, alexiskaselouris said:

So you failed to update all the relevant information when you relocated and now have to face the consequences of your inaction. How is that anyone's problem but yours? And as @Needfuldoermentioned, would you want at least a partial refund or none at all? Sometimes it's best to take a step back and look for the optimal way out of a situation that, nota bene, you brought yourself into, instead of bemoaning that fact by trying to find someone to blame other than yourself.

And now a word from our sponsor: 💩

-.-. --- --- .-.. --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. .

ᑐᑌᑐᑢ

Spoiler

▄██████                                                      ▄██▀

▄█▀   ███                                                      ██

▄██     ███                                                      ██

███   ▄████  ▄█▀  ▀██▄    ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄     ▄████▄██   ▄████▄

███████████ ███     ███ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀████ ▄██▀ ▀███▄

████▀   ███ ▀██▄   ▄██▀ ███    ███ ███        ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███

██▄    ███ ▄ ▀██▄██▀    ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄███  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██

▀█▄    ▀█ ██▄ ▀█▀     ▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀     ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀

▄█ ▄▄      ▄█▄  █▀            █▄                   ▄██  ▄▀

▀  ██      ███                ██                    ▄█

██      ███   ▄   ▄████▄   ██▄████▄     ▄████▄   ██   ▄

██      ███ ▄██ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ███▀ ▀███▄ ▄██▀ ▀███▄ ██ ▄██

██     ███▀  ▄█ ███    ███ ███    ███ ███    ███ ██  ▄█

█▄██  ▄▄██▀    ██  ███▄ ▄███▄ ███▄ ▄██   ███▄ ▄██  ██  ██

▀███████▀    ▄████▄ ▀████▀▀██▄ ▀████▀     ▀████▀ ▄█████████▄

4 hours ago, alexiskaselouris said:

As someone who works at a bank, it's really not that hard.

surely you remember your previous address and phone number. I have never heard of a bank asking for passport details over the phone, they will have a set of general ID questions they can ask you over the phone to confirm you are you, these are normally

Full name

Date of birth

address (in your case your previous address they would have had)

phone number or other contact method they have

your account/customer number

a recent transaction conducted on the account (generally the date of closure would suffice in this instance)

hell you could also tell them "there was meant to be a refund going into this account from google stadia for $x" and they would be able to find this.

Your reply boils down to

Cartoonist Reza Farazmand Walks Us Through Some Of His 'Comics For A  Strange World' : NPR

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

You are indeed getting a refund.

You get refunded to the account or card that made the purchase, which (as others have pointed out) is standard procedure in my experience. What if I sent them an email pretending to be you and they refunded to my card after I asked them to change it? Refunding to a different account is the one of the more, if not most, obvious routes for fraud.

Maybe, there could be other avenues, but this as much Google's fault as it is your fault for using that bank and then moving house to another country. In other words, nobody's fault and an unfortunate (unforeseeable) consequence of certain choices.

Surely there are records of you e.g. joining and leaving that bank, getting the new passport, of the old one being invalidated, you moving to another country, your details changing etc? Yes it may take a bit more effort to collect that, but I wouldn't think you'd lack (legal) evidence to get this sorted.

Is Google even trying to refund people that deleted their Google account not jumping through hoops? You can't say they're not putting in effort. If we are being blunt, you moving country is none of Google's concern and they're not the ones that have to pay (literally or figuratively) for that in terms of refunding you.

That's simply called cooperating and putting in some effort on your side in an non-standard situation, in order to get your refund settled. Does it suck? Absolutely. I don't see anyone being really at fault here though. You (probably) couldn't plan for this and it's a situation ripe for fraud. The reality is that from the looks of it you'll be spending some to gain some. Realistically you can either accept that, put in the effort to settle things with the bank and get the refund, or refuse that and move on without a refund.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

LMFAO, this IS getting funny. Here's a man who spent countless hours at b**ching and moaning about a problem, because it may cost him a few dollars.

I wonder little he values his time to that he can afford to spend it on complaining instead of following any of the suggestions given.

Yes, I do admit he has a problem, but one that can be easily fixed, but I guess whining is more productive?