so apparently youtube will straight up won't pay you if they don't feel like it.

haimbilia

can you guys help bring more attention to this case? google has a lot of explaining to do about this crap! 

2 minutes ago, Arika S said:

He needs a lawyer. not an internet mob.

public backlash usually bring justice way more quickly (and cheaply) than a lawsuit. if everything he says is correct google will want to keep this quiet.

35 minutes ago, haimbilia said:

if everything he says is correct

I sure hope this won't start multiple threads which ended up pointless AF, like with AntMan or whatever.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

The title is very very click-bait.

To sum up what was said in the video:

Issue started when he completed a form to have Google pay him instead of a 3rd party

Noticed (based on timeline show) that he got $0 adsense for like 4 months.

Contacted support, and they fixed the issue with his ad sense

Guy says Google owes him the money for the last 4 months.

Google says they don't have the analytics needed to pay him for ads run on his videos as his ad-sense wasn't working.

Guy claims it should be about $25,000

Honestly, if you notice that you are getting $0 from videos and the revenue is important to you don't you think you should contact them prior...instead of waiting for 4 months.

I also can understand that Google might not be able to tell which ads they ran on his (and thus can't determine what portion of revenue was generated by his videos for it).  So I actually could see that the amount he "might" have earned is not calculable in terms of the videos and ads shown.

If he had brought it to Google's attention when he first noticed (or rather checked on it monthly), then he wouldn't be out that sort of money.  Especially if you changed payment/ad-sense stuff...don't you think that you would be checking it weekly to confirm things are working correctly (and then contacting Google once you start noticing $0 ad-sense).

Was it bad that Google messed up?  Yea, but man this guy needs to take major responsibility as well.  If it's your livelihood you should not wait 4 months to contact them when you see revenue stuff being messed up.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

26 minutes ago, wanderingfool2 said:

that's a ridiculous amount of money to 'notice' a few months down the line.

if you get 6k in adsense per month, you dont 'notice' it's 0 after 4 months, you're on the phone with google after a week...

sorry bro, google fucked up, and then you dropped the ball even harder.

here's some more fun figures, because i like pointing out just how fast he should have 'noticed' and contacted google:

about 1.5k per week

about 200 per day

about a tenner per hour.

i'd like to earn a decent lunch while pooping too.. and if i did, i'd make sure the money is actually flowing, because i'd hate pooping for free.

2 hours ago, haimbilia said:

public backlash usually bring justice way more quickly (and cheaply) than a lawsuit. if everything he says is correct google will want to keep this quiet.

And there lies the crux IF everything he says is correct. That is exactly why, as said, he needs a lawyer and not a mob that jumps to conclusions. It's fine to point this out to the public, but the actual case should be resolved in court with professional help, even if he is telling the whole truth.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

I just realized Youtube owes me a million dollars as well.

Can I get an angry Internet mob to attack Youtube too? I want that money!

I thought people on the Internet would learn to not trust people saying they have been wronged and someone should pay them a lot of money. It happens like every other week and people always jump to conclusions after hearing a very one-sided retelling of the story that may leave out a ton of crucial details.

Remember the Bayonetta fiasco that happened like a month ago? Where the VA said that she was only offered 3000 dollars to voice the entire game, then it was revealed that she had demanded something ridiculous like a million dollars, turned down salaries that were way above the normal wage and once she had declined the role because she didn't get her million dollars, she was offered 3000 dollars to make a cameo with just a few voice lines, and she decided to misconstrued that into "I was only offered 3000 dollars for the entire game!"

Don't pick a side and jump on a bandwagon when you've only head one side of a story. There is a high risk that you are being manipulated.

Edit:

Or here is another example from August this year.

Business Casual, a Youtube channel, claimed that Youtube were helping Russian media to screw his channel over. As it turns out, Business Casual were trying to get another Youtube channel shut down because for under 1 minute in a 28 minute video, they showed a cleaned up version of a public domain image, an image that Business Casual had cleaned up.

3 hours ago, LAwLz said:

I thought people on the Internet would learn to not trust people saying they have been wronged and someone should pay them a lot of money. It happens like every other week and people always jump to conclusions after hearing a very one-sided retelling of the story that may leave out a ton of crucial details.

The funny thing about this though, the guy himself seems to provide enough details to swing it against him for being so incompetent in his due diligence.

Re-watched the beginning part of the video again, seems like YouTube Support got the issue fixed within a day of being told about the issue.  Based on the timing of everything, it seriously sounds like he went to go do his taxes, pulled up the information and realized "oh hey I never got paid".

I really have zero sympathy for the ordeal he went through as he should have noticed it within the first week and alerted YouTube of it.  If he did that he would have potentially only been out $1,500...and could probably garner more support.

To @haimbilia genuinely asking this, what are your thoughts on it?  You say Google has explaining, but my guess is that if lets say the ad-sense ID got like a null value they won't be able to track it as multiple things likely dump into it.  Do you think it's reasonable to demand 4-5 months of ad revenue when the guy didn't bother checking to see if things were properly in order?

I added another bank account to my auto pay from work this year. 

I added it. Double checked account numbers. Next day logged into my work profile to make sure it updated correctly. 4 days before pay day I called payroll to make sure that they saw the update and had the same amount of my checks going into that account as I wanted.

Didn't take more than 5 minutes. Didn't wait to see if it worked correctly. Didn't leave anything up to chance. Paid attention to what I should be paid. 

The person who made the video simply didn't do their due diligence and is now trying to get Google to pay for that? What a joke.

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

Nothing sounds out of the ordinary for a YouTube personality tbh.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

18 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

To sum up what was said in the video:

Issue started when he completed a form to have Google pay him instead of a 3rd party

Google says they don't have the analytics needed to pay him for ads run on his videos as his ad-sense wasn't working.

Honestly, if you notice that you are getting $0 from videos and the revenue is important to you don't you think you should contact them prior...instead of waiting for 4 months.

That's a big enough value to fight over it, but that falls into "lawsuit" territory. While it's standard practice for net-60 for ads, if they don't have the analytics for it, that's "googles problem", and he should be getting a lawyer, especially since "google fixed it" they then clearly have a means to. Chances are those analytics were attributed to a different account.

4 hours ago, Kisai said:

That's a big enough value to fight over it, but that falls into "lawsuit" territory. While it's standard practice for net-60 for ads, if they don't have the analytics for it, that's "googles problem", and he should be getting a lawyer, especially since "google fixed it" they then clearly have a means to. Chances are those analytics were attributed to a different account.

While I don't deny that Google is partially at fault, the brunt of the responsibility is on him.  Things would have been different if he actually did due diligence and lets say contacted Google sooner.

Literally it took him 4 to 5 months before alerting Google, the problem occurred right when he switch to Google being the company that was supposed to pay him.  At a certain point he needs to take responsibility in not bothering to follow up.

An example, if you start a new job and are supposed to make $1500 a week, I would check that my first paycheck matches what I am expecting.

I would highly suspect that if he even tried taking them to court he would only get pennies on the dollar what he is "owed" because even if they ruled Google had made a mistake he did nothing to mitigate things.  A reasonable person would have contacted Google after the first video had $0 ad sense and question them [especially given he switched to them paying him instead of the 3rd party]

On 11/25/2022 at 9:10 AM, wanderingfool2 said:

Thanks for TLDW. According to SocialBlade, which is known to exaggerate numbers, 4 month max payout should be $22k. Or min at $1.5k. So he's making up numbers, but impossible to say how much.

If this would be bad enough that Google would pay-out, they could probably calculate estimate with current numbers and viewtimes from that 4 month period.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

11 hours ago, LogicalDrm said:

Thanks for TLDW. According to SocialBlade, which is known to exaggerate numbers, 4 month max payout should be $22k. Or min at $1.5k. So he's making up numbers, but impossible to say how much.

Yea, it could be 4 or 5 months...I didn't really bothering figuring out too much given it was already clear at that point he didn't do due diligence.  So maybe $25k might be accurate...then again he says $20,000 but in an email exchange you can see he "estimates" $25,000.

Hi people.
Just an avid Youtube watcher.
Sometimes I admire how the algorithm works. Even though, I'm not sure how.
It recommends me topics that i'm not really interested in, however, I still take the bait, and I eventually learn something that will have no impact or meaning in my life.

However, there's one that came up recently Titled: "YouTube Won't Pay Me" - By a Youtuber called: Hutts
See: 

He explains, he changed from an organization to being paid directly from Youtube. Then the issue started with AdSense, but it they resolved it.
It's unclear how long this was for it could have been a month or 2, explaining Adsense showing no revenue for a period of time, but the videos still had ads.
But YouTube isn't going to pay him, even though it was their issue, and not Hutts.

So, I'm assuming if you don't have a contact/or manager at Youtube, there really isn't any escalation process?
Would this become a legal matter?

"You tried your best and failed miserably.
the lesson is, never try."

~Homer Simpson

There’s already some discussion about this over in General:

He should’ve been paying attention to his finances and followed up with GoogleTubeSenseBet after the first missing payment. If he notified them right away, they might have been more willing to just pay him a sum like his year-to-date average for that time period. Instead he let an entire quarter lapse before checking his finances (probably to file business taxes), and his videos haven’t been generating analytics for him the whole time. Even after getting his AdSense fixed, it’s going to take some smooth talk (or legal action) to get back pay for that gap. 

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

The closest thing to a union is a network that has connections to youtube.

You need one in order to be protected. Leave it, and well, no s word he has problems lol.

The best thing to do for anyone on YouTube is to set up secondary income sources such as a patreon account or a huge media network.

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

30 minutes ago, RoseLuck462 said:

The best thing to do for anyone on YouTube is to set up secondary income sources such as a patreon account or a huge media network.

I think the best thing in this kinda case is to not wait 4 months to check whether or not adsense is working properly or not.

25k / 4 = around 6k. How to not notice that :x

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

Just now, Poinkachu said:

I think the best thing in this kinda case is to not wait 4 months to check whether or not adsense is working properly or not.

25k / 4 = around 6k. How to not notice that :x

if you're so well off that you don't notice 6k a month, you are probably fine without it...

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

15 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

Yea, it could be 4 or 5 months...I didn't really bothering figuring out too much given it was already clear at that point he didn't do due diligence.  So maybe $25k might be accurate...then again he says $20,000 but in an email exchange you can see he "estimates" $25,000.

Meanwhile, I'm still trying to comprehend how to not notice not receiving 6k a month.

Refresh before you reply

6 minutes ago, Arika S said:

if you're so well off that you don't notice 6k a month, you are probably fine without it...

Well, I know this might be different from person to another.
But ... based on what I've seen so far, if the 6k is not received due to something like it was just an investment made on a whim or whatever. Then probably yes, possible to not notice.

If it's because someone doesn't pay what s/he should've paid, summon ctulhu.

But yeah, this whole case stinks, the stench almost like that antman case.

Refresh before you reply

Explain to me why I should care about this guy?  Don't just link a video.

6 hours ago, Erioch said:

Explain to me why I should care about this guy?  Don't just link a video.

You don't have to, IMO the guy is either a dumbass or wants to pull of some kind of a scam or somethin, or simply want to get a lot of attention.

If you read the posts people made after the OP, you'll understand the story.

Refresh before you reply