Do I need to quote them?

Gat Pelsinger
Go to solution Solved by Oshino Shinobu,

You should quote them.

By default, if you post a topic you'll get notified when someone replies, but others won't unless they manually follow the thread, so you should quote them so they get notified you responded.

EDIT: It also helps make it clear who/what you're responding to if there are multiple posts, so best to quote reply either way.

If I start a thread and make a post, then somebody will reply, but to reply that reply, do I need to quote them or just replying normally in my own thread give them notification?

Microsoft owns my soul.

Also, Dell is evil, but HP kinda nice.

You should quote them.

By default, if you post a topic you'll get notified when someone replies, but others won't unless they manually follow the thread, so you should quote them so they get notified you responded.

EDIT: It also helps make it clear who/what you're responding to if there are multiple posts, so best to quote reply either way.

17 minutes ago, NvidiaFirePro6900XXTX3DPRO said:

If I start a thread and make a post, then somebody will reply, but to reply that reply, do I need to quote them or just replying normally in my own thread give them notification?

It really depends on the context. If you are replying to a specific post, you should quote it, like I'm doing here. Not only does it help with notifications, it makes the conversation much clearer.

You can also use the Multi-quote button to quote more than one post in a thread, so that you can avoid having multiple posts in a row when quoting multiple people.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

The default should be that when I have posted something in a thread, I get notified when someone else posts something, regardless of quoting.

When I posted something, I'm definitely following the thread, and if the software thinks otherwise, then the software is wrong.

Maybe have a setting in users profiles that allows them to decide wether they are automatically following a thread they posted in or not by default.

4 minutes ago, heimdali said:

Maybe have a setting in users profiles that allows them to decide wether they are automatically following a thread they posted in or not by default.

image.png.ff1f722ce47db878c377dc435f700bac.png

BabyBlu (Primary): 

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ up to 5.3GHz, 5.0GHz all-core, delidded
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 @ 4000MHz 16-18-18-34
  • GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Sea Hawk EK X, 2070MHz core, 8000MHz mem
  • Case: Phanteks Evolv X
  • Storage: XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB, 3x ADATASU800 1TB (RAID 0), Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
  • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
  • Display: MSI MPG341CQR 34" 3440x1440 144Hz Freesync, Dell S2417DG 24" 2560x1440 165Hz Gsync
  • Cooling: Custom water loop (CPU & GPU), Radiators: 1x140mm(Back), 1x280mm(Top), 1x420mm(Front)
  • Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
  • Mouse: MasterMouse MM710
  • Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB

Roxanne (Wife Build):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ up to 5.0GHz, 4.8Ghz all-core, relidded w/ LM
  • Motherboard: Asus Z97A
  • RAM: G.Skill Sniper 4x8GB DDR3-2400 @ 10-12-12-24
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 w/ LM
  • Case: Corsair Vengeance C70, w/ Custom Side-Panel Window
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Silicon Power A80 2TB NVME
  • PSU: Corsair AX760
  • Display: Samsung C27JG56 27" 2560x1440 144Hz Freesync
  • Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB
  • Keyboard: GMMK TKL(Kailh Box White)
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O-
  • Headset: SteelSeries Arctis 7

BigBox (HTPC):

• CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3600 @ 3600MHz 14-14-14-28
  • GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X Plus OC, de-shrouded, LM TIM, replaced mem therm pads
  • Case: Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage: SP A80 1TB, WD Black SN770 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 Gold w/ NF-A9x14
  • Display: Samsung QN90A 65" (QLED, 4K, 120Hz, HDR, VRR)
  • Cooling: Thermalright AXP-100 Copper w/ NF-A12x15
  • Keyboard/Mouse: Rii i4
  • Controllers: 4X Xbox One & 2X N64 (with USB)
  • Sound: Denon AVR S760H with 5.1.2 Atmos setup.

Harmonic (NAS/Game/Plex/Other Server):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
  • Motherboard: ASRock FATAL1TY H270M
  • RAM: 64GB DDR4-2133
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
  • Case: Fractal Design Define 7
  • HDD: 3X Seagate Exos X16 14TB in RAID 5
  • SSD: Inland Premium 512GB NVME, Sabrent 1TB NVME
  • Optical: BDXL WH14NS40 flashed to WH16NS60
  • PSU: Corsair CX450
  • Display: None
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S
  • Keyboard/Mouse: None

NAS:

• Synology DS216J
  • 2x8TB WD Red NAS HDDs in RAID 1. 8TB usable space

Ha, cool! 🙂

Why isn't that the default?  Ah, hm, were did you find that setting?

NVM, I found it, it's a hidden setting ...

3 minutes ago, heimdali said:

When I posted something, I'm definitely following the thread, and if the software thinks otherwise, then the software is wrong.

The thing is, and this is especially prevalent in the Tech news threads where I lurk, a certain group of people might be discussing one aspect and another another aspect. In this case, a person from group be willl likely not be interested in the rest of the thread only in what concerns them.

However, this is the default behaviour in status messages.

"A high ideal missed by a little, is far better than low ideal that is achievable, yet far less effective"

If you think I'm wrong, correct me. If I've offended you in some way tell me what it is and how I can correct it. I want to learn, and along the way one can make mistakes; Being wrong helps you learn what's right.

5 minutes ago, Lightwreather JfromN said:

The thing is, and this is especially prevalent in the Tech news threads where I lurk, a certain group of people might be discussing one aspect and another another aspect. In this case, a person from group be willl likely not be interested in the rest of the thread only in what concerns them.

However, this is the default behaviour in status messages.

I'm not sure what you mean.  If I'm not interested in something, I can always ignore it.

Ok, not always, unfortunately, but you get what I mean ...

5 hours ago, NvidiaFirePro6900XXTX3DPRO said:

Common forum etiquette is to quote whom you are replying to. Granted the OP will alway receive a notification when someone replies as it is their thread. BUT if you are replying to someone else in the topic they wont know it as the forum sofware doesn't know you are replying to someone that is not the OP.

4 hours ago, heimdali said:

The default should be that when I have posted something in a thread, I get notified when someone else posts something, regardless of quoting.

Only if you are following the topic, it is not by default to follow a topic when you post, it is only default to follow topics you create, the forum is not that intuitive to know which topic you want to follow or not.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

5 hours ago, SansVarnic said:

Only if you are following the topic, it is not by default to follow a topic when you post, it is only default to follow topics you create, the forum is not that intuitive to know which topic you want to follow or not.

When I post to a topic, of course I'm following it.  It's not like I would suddenly loose all interest in it just because the software uses a wrong default.  Like I said, when the software thinks otherwise, the software is wrong.

And I consider it as utterly impolite to post and then to ignore the replies.  Why do you want the software to support such behaviour by default?  It's ok to have the default, only people don't know about it and their expectation is that they get notified.  So if you could change the default to automatically follow, that would a much better option.  People won't miss the replies, it won't be necessary to quote all the time, and if someone doesn't like to follow (like when they lost interest because the topic shifted), they can always unfollow the particular topic (can they?  If they can't, that should be an option.).  The option not to automatically follow isn't really needed.

When there's no notification, people never know that there was a reply because nothing happens.  If someone quotes and they are being notified and take a look, they may be surprised that there were replies they would have wanted to see earlier, but they didn't know about the bad default and they won't ever know and miss the replies to topics they're interested in.

11 hours ago, NvidiaFirePro6900XXTX3DPRO said:

People who are following the topic will be notified when a new reply is posted. You can see a list of who is following a topic by clicking the number next to the follow button. People who are not following the topic will only be notified if they are quoted or tagged @Spotty, unless they have notifications for mentions and quotes disabled.

13 minutes ago, heimdali said:

When I post to a topic, of course I'm following it.  It's not like I would suddenly loose all interest in it just because the software uses a wrong default.  Like I said, when the software thinks otherwise, the software is wrong.

And I consider it as utterly impolite to post and then to ignore the replies.  Why do you want the software to support such behaviour by default?  It's ok to have the default, only people don't know about it and their expectation is that they get notified.  So if you could change the default to automatically follow, that would a much better option.  People won't miss the replies, it won't be necessary to quote all the time, and if someone doesn't like to follow (like when they lost interest because the topic shifted), they can always unfollow the particular topic (can they?  If they can't, that should be an option.).  The option not to automatically follow isn't really needed.

The default option is to follow topics you post. You can enable the option to automatically follow topics you reply to in Notification Settings. Followed Content > Automatically follow content I reply to. You can also follow content you reply to by toggling the Follow topic button just below the text editor before you submit your reply, or by clicking the follow button at the top of the topic.

I think most people probably wouldn't want to automatically follow every topic they reply to as they would quickly end up getting a lot of notifications that may not be relevant to them. The option is there though for people who do want it.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

8 hours ago, Spotty said:

I think most people probably wouldn't want to automatically follow every topic they reply to as they would quickly end up getting a lot of notifications that may not be relevant to them. The option is there though for people who do want it.

I'm gonna do it now for a giggle

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

31 minutes ago, heimdali said:

Yeah that needs to be enabled by default.

Even though I'm someone who does use that setting, I don't think it should be enabled by default. Having it as an option is good, but most people won't want to deal with so many notifications. 

Phobos: AMD Ryzen 7 2700, 16GB 3000MHz DDR4, ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 8GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070, 2GB Nvidia GeForce GT 1030, 1TB Samsung SSD 980, 450W Corsair CXM, Corsair Carbide 175R, Windows 10 Pro

Polaris: Intel Xeon E5-2697 v2, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASRock X79 Extreme6, 12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080, 6GB Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660 Ti, 1TB Crucial MX500, 750W Corsair RM750, Antec SX635, Windows 10 Pro

Pluto: Intel Core i7-2600, 32GB 1600MHz DDR3, ASUS P8Z68-V, 4GB XFX AMD Radeon RX 570, 8GB ASUS AMD Radeon RX 570, 1TB Samsung 860 EVO, 3TB Seagate BarraCuda, 750W EVGA BQ, Fractal Design Focus G, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

York (NAS): Intel Core i5-2400, 16GB 1600MHz DDR3, HP Compaq OEM, 240GB Kingston V300 (boot), 3x2TB Seagate BarraCuda, 320W HP PSU, HP Compaq 6200 Pro, TrueNAS CORE (12.0)

Just now, BondiBlue said:

Even though I'm someone who does use that setting, I don't think it should be enabled by default. Having it as an option is good, but most people won't want to deal with so many notifications. 

Why would they post into a thread when they're not interested in it?

If they don't want the notifications, they can turn them off.  I'm not saying the option should be removed, only that the default should be to follow.

1 hour ago, heimdali said:

Why would they post into a thread when they're not interested in it?

If they don't want the notifications, they can turn them off.  I'm not saying the option should be removed, only that the default should be to follow.

The majority of accounts that sign up and post to the LTT forum are a one off single use and never return. So say for example Person A signs up, creates an account for troubleshooting, Person B (Me) posts into there thread, then Person C, D, E, F, G all post in there as well, but Person A never returns to check or posts to the thread ever again. Now Person C and E go on debating over something Person A said or asked about and D and G about a different thing. Thread gets up to say 10-15 replies. Thats a TON of notifications for a single thread to sift through and decide if its something you want to look at. It would overload the average person with notifications and then we would get threads asking to disable the feature as they don't need to know every single time a person posts to any thread they participated in.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

13 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

The majority of accounts that sign up and post to the LTT forum are a one off single use and never return. So say for example Person A signs up, creates an account for troubleshooting, Person B (Me) posts into there thread, then Person C, D, E, F, G all post in there as well, but Person A never returns to check or posts to the thread ever again. Now Person C and E go on debating over something Person A said or asked about and D and G about a different thing. Thread gets up to say 10-15 replies. Thats a TON of notifications for a single thread to sift through and decide if its something you want to look at. It would overload the average person with notifications and then we would get threads asking to disable the feature as they don't need to know every single time a person posts to any thread they participated in.

According to you, the average person would never return to see the notifications.

The persons who involved themselves by posting or by following without posting are very likely interested in the thread and want to get notifications.

Modify the notifiction display:  Group the notifications by thread so they are much easer to go through for everyone.  If the involved person looks at the thread, they either find interesting posts or not.  That's for them to decide and not for a default setting nobody knows about to decide.  The involved person can then unfollow the thread or not.

The notifications you're getting are no problem.  The notifications you're not getting are the problem.  It's a problem when you miss the continuation of a thread you're interested in because you didn't know that you need to change a hidden setting or have to manually follow all the threads you're interested in.

What are notifications even for when you assume that users don't want to get them, and why is the default to notify the user who created the thread and when someone quotes you?  Going by your logic, the user who created the thread and the one who was quoted may get 10--15 notifications, and they have a problem because they got so many notifications and the default should be that no notifications should be send at all.  That doesn't make sense, and getting notifications grouped by threads would be better anyway.

1 minute ago, heimdali said:

According to you, the average person would never return to see the notifications.

The persons who involved themselves by posting or by following without posting are very likely interested in the thread and want to get notifications.

Modify the notifiction display:  Group the notifications by thread so they are much easer to go through for everyone.  If the involved person looks at the thread, they either find interesting posts or not.  That's for them to decide and not for a default setting nobody knows about to decide.  The involved person can then unfollow the thread or not.

The notifications you're getting are no problem.  The notifications you're not getting are the problem.  It's a problem when you miss the continuation of a thread you're interested in because you didn't know that you need to change a hidden setting or have to manually follow all the threads you're interested in.

What are notifications even for when you assume that users don't want to get them, and why is the default to notify the user who created the thread and when someone quotes you?  Going by your logic, the user who created the thread and the one who was quoted may get 10--15 notifications, and they have a problem because they got so many notifications and the default should be that no notifications should be send at all.  That doesn't make sense, and getting notifications grouped by threads would be better anyway.

Its much easier and simpler to OPT into a thread follow than it would be to unfollow all threads. I don't want notifications on all threads I post in regardless of the thread. This is why you should quote/tag the person so they can see it. As a moderator, I do a lot of work in threads, cleaning, moving etc that I leave notes in. I don't want to have to unfollow ALL these threads each time. As mentioned above, Its simple to follow a topic, just toggle the rocker at the bottom of the reply box.

image.thumb.png.b21202e7a7be46267d891db97659c3f7.png

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

3 hours ago, heimdali said:

hardno.gif

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 hour ago, Skiiwee29 said:

Its much easier and simpler to OPT into a thread follow than it would be to unfollow all threads.

No, it's not.  You have to actively go up to the top of the page into the menu and to follow.

I don't want notifications on all threads I post in regardless of the thread.

Then you can easily disable the setting so you don't automatically follow them.  As a moderator, you're an exception and you know about it.  Most of the users probably don't know about this hidden setting and expect to automatically follow the threads they posted in.

This is why you should quote/tag the person so they can see it.

It is sometimes not necessary to do that and sometimes not feasible.  Why should we go to lengths only becaue the software uses a bad default?

As a moderator, I do a lot of work in threads, cleaning, moving etc that I leave notes in. I don't want to have to unfollow ALL these threads each time.

You don't need to, you can disable the setting that makes you automatically follow threads you posted in.  Once disabled, you don't need to do that again.  There are probably more users than moderators, so a minority of people is affected, and the minority knows about the setting and can change it.  For the majority, it's a bad default they don't know about and consequently can't change which makes them miss out on threads they're interested in.

As mentioned above, Its simple to follow a topic, just toggle the rocker at the bottom of the reply box.

image.thumb.png.b21202e7a7be46267d891db97659c3f7.png

I'd have to do that for every post.  I never noticed it's there, and why would I enable it?  Once I post in a thread, I'm following it.  I don't expect that I would have to change settings to do that.  When 'Follow topic' is not activated, I just assume that it activates once I posted, and I don't expect anything else.

2 hours ago, heimdali said:

You have to actively go up to the top of the page into the menu and to follow.

No you don't.

Then you can easily disable the setting so you don't automatically follow them.

And you can easily enable the setting so you do.

Why should we go to lengths only becaue the software uses a bad default?

Quoting is easy. My and your post are proof. Describing it as "going to lengths" is absurd.

you can disable the setting that makes you automatically follow threads you posted in.  Once disabled, you don't need to do that again.  There are probably more users than moderators, so a minority of people is affected, and the minority knows about the setting and can change it.  For the majority, it's a bad default they don't know about and consequently can't change which makes them miss out on threads they're interested in.

You can enable the setting that makes you automatically follow threads you post in. Once enabled, you don't need to do that again.  For the majority, it's a good default. I do want this behavior by default. No one here but you seems to want it to be different... It's an easy setting to change for those inclined to do so.

I do not want to follow this thread. Rarely do I want to follow any threads I post in. I think that is true for most people.

BabyBlu (Primary): 

• CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K @ up to 5.3GHz, 5.0GHz all-core, delidded
  • Motherboard: Asus Maximus XI Hero
  • RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 4x8GB DDR4-3200 @ 4000MHz 16-18-18-34
  • GPU: MSI RTX 2080 Sea Hawk EK X, 2070MHz core, 8000MHz mem
  • Case: Phanteks Evolv X
  • Storage: XPG SX8200 Pro 2TB, 3x ADATASU800 1TB (RAID 0), Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
  • PSU: Corsair HX1000i
  • Display: MSI MPG341CQR 34" 3440x1440 144Hz Freesync, Dell S2417DG 24" 2560x1440 165Hz Gsync
  • Cooling: Custom water loop (CPU & GPU), Radiators: 1x140mm(Back), 1x280mm(Top), 1x420mm(Front)
  • Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB (Cherry MX Brown)
  • Mouse: MasterMouse MM710
  • Headset: Corsair Void Pro RGB

Roxanne (Wife Build):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K @ up to 5.0GHz, 4.8Ghz all-core, relidded w/ LM
  • Motherboard: Asus Z97A
  • RAM: G.Skill Sniper 4x8GB DDR3-2400 @ 10-12-12-24
  • GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW2 w/ LM
  • Case: Corsair Vengeance C70, w/ Custom Side-Panel Window
  • Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1TB, Silicon Power A80 2TB NVME
  • PSU: Corsair AX760
  • Display: Samsung C27JG56 27" 2560x1440 144Hz Freesync
  • Cooling: Corsair H115i RGB
  • Keyboard: GMMK TKL(Kailh Box White)
  • Mouse: Glorious Model O-
  • Headset: SteelSeries Arctis 7

BigBox (HTPC):

• CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D
  • Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX
  • RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3600 @ 3600MHz 14-14-14-28
  • GPU: MSI RTX 3080 Ventus 3X Plus OC, de-shrouded, LM TIM, replaced mem therm pads
  • Case: Fractal Design Node 202
  • Storage: SP A80 1TB, WD Black SN770 2TB
  • PSU: Corsair SF600 Gold w/ NF-A9x14
  • Display: Samsung QN90A 65" (QLED, 4K, 120Hz, HDR, VRR)
  • Cooling: Thermalright AXP-100 Copper w/ NF-A12x15
  • Keyboard/Mouse: Rii i4
  • Controllers: 4X Xbox One & 2X N64 (with USB)
  • Sound: Denon AVR S760H with 5.1.2 Atmos setup.

Harmonic (NAS/Game/Plex/Other Server):

• CPU: Intel Core i7 6700
  • Motherboard: ASRock FATAL1TY H270M
  • RAM: 64GB DDR4-2133
  • GPU: Intel HD Graphics 530
  • Case: Fractal Design Define 7
  • HDD: 3X Seagate Exos X16 14TB in RAID 5
  • SSD: Inland Premium 512GB NVME, Sabrent 1TB NVME
  • Optical: BDXL WH14NS40 flashed to WH16NS60
  • PSU: Corsair CX450
  • Display: None
  • Cooling: Noctua NH-U14S
  • Keyboard/Mouse: None

NAS:

• Synology DS216J
  • 2x8TB WD Red NAS HDDs in RAID 1. 8TB usable space

7 hours ago, BondiBlue said:

I'm doing it so i feel loved..

With all the Trolls, Try Hards, Noobs and Weirdos around here you'd think i'd find SOMEWHERE to fit in!

19 hours ago, heimdali said:

And I consider it as utterly impolite to post and then to ignore the replies.

I would agree. But you, I or anyone else can't make a member reply, that is entirely up to them if they so choose to, whether they get a notif or not.

8 hours ago, heimdali said:

Er no. You are making this entirely too difficult.  The option to make it default is there and available in the settings, it's not even hidden. All new members should take the time to understand the forum they are using, read the community standards and review the settings that govern their posting. This should be customary practice but it's not and I would say that the biggest reason is due to laziness but that would be too harsh to say so I won't.

Just because something, such as this topic, makes sense to you doesn't to others nor does it suit all people. I for one do not want to auto follow every topic I post in. If I post something and another member want to reply to me specifically, I expect them to follow proper etiquette and either quote me or @ me as would it be in any other forum ever created as it is proper etiquette.

4 hours ago, heimdali said:

No, it's not.  You have to actively go up to the top of the page into the menu and to follow.

Good example of my point above. The really wonderful thing is we have the option to follow at the top of every topic so we made it available in easy form. See my screen shot and then scroll to the top of this topic... its there. Easy button engaged.

image.png.6c2eaa043b507e26189d51c637f6b503.png

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

22 minutes ago, SansVarnic said:

All new members should take the time to understand the forum they are using,

Here, Here.

On 11/11/2022 at 10:10 AM, heimdali said:

Nooo. It really, really shouldn't. The amount of notifications that generates is extremely unpleasant.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red