Age when you got your first PC

I was 19 years old and it was a Athlon X2 4400+ / 1GB Ram ...

XEON 1230 v2 / AMD R9 280x / 8GB DDR3 / Adata XPG SX900 256GB SSD / Corsair 300R Side Window / Corsair CX500M / Corsair M65 Green

Hats off to everyone who bought all the components themselves. I wouldn't dare to ask my parents for a GTX 780

There are 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

• 1 month later...

Hats off to everyone who bought all the components themselves. I wouldn't dare to ask my parents for a GTX 780

Funny I asked my parents for a Titan but my parents wanted me to to get a slightly cheaper one (780 at that time) but it was out of stock so when it was finally in stock I asked them if I could order it but they said it was too expensive and I ended up with a 770

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

I was 18 when I fully built my first computer.

However, I've been messing with computer hardware for a very long time, so I was swapping parts out of old computers into other old computers since I was 11 or 12.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I just realized I never posted my own well I first dis and re assembled an old computer when I was 8 or 9 I did my first fully custom build when I was 12 (technically still a WIP) specs 3930k rampage 4 extreme 770 (eventually 2 or 3) 900d custom water cooling loop (yes I did a full custom water cooling loop on my first custom build #dealwithit)

<p>Wires Suck :angry:
!fY0|_|(4|\|R34[)7#!5PMM37#3(0[)3:1337 70833|\|73R3[)!|\|49!\/34\|/4Y 4|\|[)93741!f3

The first upgrade I did myself was going from 4mb of ram to 12mb back in '94.  I was 14.  That made my dos 6.2 and windows 3.1 system run soooo much more smoothly.  I've been addicted ever since!

Laws only govern the honest.

My first complete build was 4-5 weeks ago and I'm 19. Linus' videos helped out so much =D

But I've been messing around with old school computers dad obtained for a loooonnggg time.

3700x, Asus B450i, 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB, Gigabyte GTX 970 ITXDan A4-SFX, SX600-G, 120mm AIO.

I was 15 and in grade 10. My friend and i built competing machines. It had a athlon 64 3500+ and a 512 mb graphics card later I upgraded to a 1gb nividia still terrible card but it allowed me to play medal of honor pacific assault.

cooler master half 932, Phenom II X4 965 Black OC'ed 4.1GHz, MSI 890FXA-GD70, GSkill Ripjaws 1600 x 16GB, Cougar 1000Watt, XFX Double D 7970, Corsair H100i, 120GB hyperX SSD, 60GB OCZ Agility 4, WB Blue 500GB, LG blue ray disk drive, LG diskdrive, 3X 22 inch monitors 

I was 11 and i'll list the parts here

In-Win-Mana-136.jpg

Inwin case, got it for my birthday

Pentium4HT.gif

Hyperthreaded pentium 4 3ghz (this was in 2010 and I bought it for $20 at a local goodwill sealed)

9771.jpg

antec 620 watt psu about... 120 dollars

some old board I found in the trash

used intel hd graphics until I picked up an old geforce 4 card. installed windows 7

had like 4 gigs of ddr1 ram

I mean, if you are trying to decide if your son is ready to build a pc. get him some old pentium 4's and a $29 computer repair kit. and have him take them apart bolt by bolt then put them back together without losing 1 screw

#KilledMyWife 

LTT's Resident Black Star

I should get an award for still being here at this point 

I was 14 (5 years ago) and had my dad's friend help me…I cant remember the specs but it's pretty much worth nothing now :)

i5 4670k | Sapphire 7950 | Kingston 120GB SSD | Seagate 1TB | G.Skill Ripjaw X Series 8GB

PB238Q | Steelseries Sensei | Ducky DK9087 | Qck Heavy

Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/44902-from-imac-to-my-own-creation/

15  :(

So many things I could write here... things like this.

14, by myself and I didn't know much and never asked for the build... I looked at it now and I somewhat wasted my allowance...

13 from scrap parts... (more of an upgrade from multiple computers)

Built my first full system at 16

My first build was somewhere around 2002 I was 27-ish, I believe it had a AMD CPU but that's all I can remember. I had computers long before that but they were always pre-builts.  Although I did take apart my original Nintendo back in the day,  not sure if I got it back together though.

CPU: i5 4690K  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X UD3H   Memory: G.Skill (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1866   Storage: Samsung 830 Series 128GB 2.5" SSD/Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM   GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 660 Ti SC 2GB   Case: Cooler Master CM 690 II (Black) ATX Mid Tower   PSU: CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650M 650W 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified   Optical Drive: MSI DH-24AAS-17 R DVD/CD Writer   Operating System: Windows 10 Pro (64 bit)

(And that's my age now, it's only been 6 months since my build.)

COMIC SANS

First build @ 14

<p>Mobo - Asus P9X79 LE ----------- CPU - I7 4930K @ 4.4GHz ------ COOLER - Custom Loop ---------- GPU - R9 290X Crossfire ---------- Ram - 8GB Corsair Vengence Pro @ 1866 --- SSD - Samsung 840 Pro 128GB ------ PSU - Corsair AX 860i ----- Case - Corsair 900D

14. I'm still 14. I've known how to build one since I was like 10, though. It's the saving up part that took me a few years.

around 17 years old

Pentium 120 Mhz

8MB RAM

Seagate 1.2GB HDD

SiS 512KB Video card

10x CDROM

28.8k modem

15" CRT monitor

i was around 7 or 8 i think (i'm 16 now). my dad let me build his computer (with his help of course) i cant remember the specs but he still uses it to this day (how about that for future proofing haha just kidding) but i might edit this post with the specs but i know for sure it has an amd athlon 64 x2 ........yeah that bad boy ;)

My athlon 64 x2 is still running strong :D

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!