Age when you got your first PC

I was 11. Bought a 5450 instead of a 6670 because it had higher clockspeeds  :wacko: didn't understand why it was cheaper though. Now I'm 15 and built over twenty systems.

Built my first for $400 when I was 13, still use it today but have upgraded CPU, RAM, (now have SSD), and Case. Total reaching about $700 right now. ($100 was due to me wanting the Corsair H50 XD)

14 last year

i3-2120|4gb 1333|GTX 650ti 1gb|Fractal R4|Corsair 430w 

Well i started about 3 months ago at that time i was 13 i am now 14 and i will still be building at 15 :(

Well i started about 3 months ago at that time i was 13 i am now 14 and i will still be building at 15 :(

don't be sad, new computers are fun :)

wrong emoticon? I hope...

Built my for PC way back in 1989, god that was a long time a go, I feel so old compared to you young wipersnipers.

Cry Havoc!

built my first computer when i was 9...

486 processor beast!!!

8mb video card!!!

those were the days it wasnt pretty!

built my first computer when i was 9...

486 processor beast!!!

8mb video card!!!

those were the days it wasnt pretty!

I remember mounting one of those old, terrible CPU coolers, god. That took forever with all those IDE cables and in an MATX case *shudder*

Spoiler
Spoiler

"You know I was taught that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. You feeling me cocksucker?"

Spoiler

"Ethernet is internet juice. You have to press the internet really hard and you will get it."

Spoiler

"My quantum milk machine brings every boy to all the yards." non futuis et sursum

PC Specs! | I7-950 | 24GB RAM | 10TB Storage | GTX 970 Strix and a 560TI DCUII for Physx | 120GB 840 + 250GB 850 EVO | Asus xonar DGX

Please take a moment to look over the forum CoC here.

13. Built it on Boxing Day :lol:

Khalifa Komputer

Intel Core i5 2500K, Gigabyte P67a-UD4-B3, Kingston HyperX 8GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM, Generic DVD Writer, Seagate Barracuda 360GB + 1TB, MSI Radeon HD 6950 Twin Frozr III 1GB @ 6970,Corsair TX650M PSU, Bitfenix Shinobi Window

-=Wiz Khalifa|TGOD=-

When I was 13, cuz my dad is a computer freak

I built my first (which was on my own) last year when I was 14. 

i7-3770k, Gigabyte UD5H, NZXT Switch 810, OCZ Agility 3 120GB SSD, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, 560 ti Twin Frozr II OC 2GB, Cooler Master V8, Corsair Vengeance 8GB, OCZ Modxstream 700w, Corsair k60 and M65. OH and RED LED LIGHTS   FUCK YA    :)

Jaayysus, all these kids building PCs! that's amazing!

I was 18 when I first built my PC, felt such a sense of accomplishment when it was done because it was all paid for with my own cash from working at a lolly factory ;)

#!

some old mobo and cpu chucked in a gateway case (the kind of media pc style ones) case with a 1.6GB seagate hdd and about 256mb ram. it ran win 2000 and for the pci expansion it used a adapter so that cards mount sideways but it was too tall for the case so in order for it to fit me and my dad sawed off a little bit of the pcb at the top of the card where we there were no traces. the pci adapter worked without a hitch with a sound card attached. when i did this i was like 8.You can even say i modded pc hardware at 8 years old ( i think i deserve to brag a bit  :D ). Now i am 18 and no less interested this stuff ppl like to call computers  

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

I've been Frankensteining builds together from my Dad's old parts for years but I bought and built my own about 6 months ago, so 16 :)

Interesting that 13-17 is a pretty common age group on this forum :P

becouse older person over 16 has been to some it or computer eginering school

13, i was terrified lol. Nothing went wrong though so that boosted my confidence a bunch :P

No help from any family either, they have no idea how any of this stuff works 

CPU Overclocking Database <------- Over 275 submissions, and over 40,000 views!                         

GPU Overclocking Database                                                    

I have been tinkering with computers since I was 13, but I built my first computer when I was 16. 

17--a year ago or so. Wow, you guys are young..

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

16 I'm 21 now. Helped two friends build their own. Built 2 for friends and family and have heavily upgraded my original.

CPU i7 970 |  COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper N520 | Ram: 12GB DDR3 1333 GPU: GTX 560Ti | Mobo: EVGA Classified 3 | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Vertex | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green | OS: Windows 7 | Monitors: 40in Samsung LN40A650, 2x 24in Samsung T240HD

I just built my first computer last month. I didn't think I could do it cause I only have 1 working arm but with patience you can do anything..oh ya I am 34 so first build was 34..

Great work. Would love to see a picture. I bet it felt very rewarding finishing it

CPU i7 970 |  COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper N520 | Ram: 12GB DDR3 1333 GPU: GTX 560Ti | Mobo: EVGA Classified 3 | Case: Cooler Master HAF 922 | Boot Drive: 120GB OCZ Vertex | Games Drive: 2TB WD Green | OS: Windows 7 | Monitors: 40in Samsung LN40A650, 2x 24in Samsung T240HD

Great work. Would love to see a picture. I bet it felt very rewarding finishing it

It was a great feeling when i finished and it actually turned on lol.. :)

post-14027-0-31784600-1369027409.jpg

Built my first PC at 20. Currently at 22

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

i added a capture card to a pc when i was 10 

built my very own pc at 11...im 17 atm