Richard Dawkins interviews a Creationist

GlassBomb

So, I watched this interview that Richard Dawkins had with Wendy Wright, a strong believer of creationism. Lets just say that the interview is cringe-worthy, and I will give you a cookie* if you make it past the first 10 minutes. Though, at that point you have pretty much heard everything she has to say.

Enjoy.

* - Actual cookies will unfortunately not be handed out.

An hour long? Who could sit through that? 

$10 says he brings up the Big Bang and Evolution. That. That. Would make me cringe.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Dawkins is an ass but at least he is contributing to the global knowledge base.

Intel 3570k @ 4.4 GHz |Asus Sabertooth Z77 |EVGA GTX 660 Ti FTW |Kingston HyperX Beast 16 Gb DDR3 1866 (2x8Gb)

|Samsung 840 250 GB |Western Digital Green 2TB 2x |Cooler Master 850w 80+ Gold |Custom Water Cooling Loop |Noctua NF-F12 4x
|Noctua NF-A14 3x |Corsair Carbide 500R (White) |Corsair K95 |Razer Mamba |Razer Megalodon |Samsung SyncMaster T220 2x Computer Bucket List   Greatest Thread Ever   WAN Show Drinking Game  GPU Buyers Guide

An hour long? Who could sit through that? 

$10 says he brings up the Big Bang and Evolution. That. That. Would make me cringe.

I criticize atheism for being inconclusive.

If Dawkins wasn't such a pompous douchebag I'd watch it.  But he is, so I can't.  

Sam Harris > Richard Dawkins

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Discussing religion on this forum normally goes bad.

On this forum, it's about 50/50. Most other places, it's near 90% of the time it goes bad.

Hue^3

I just would cringe at him doing that because I feel that ignores how those theories were produced and the inherent requirements they have to be accepted as truth. In other words, I feel like he's no different from Bible bashers. They miss the point. 

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

yeah who do those people think they are. they need a religion of some sort to set them straight. 

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

I already know it will end with her ignoring everything he has to say. So i won't watch it. I can't stand stubborn people that refuse to hear all sides of an argument...

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Same goes for creationism

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Religion is a desease that prevents education, logical thinking and promotes hatred, sometimes even violence. And like any other desease, I don't judge people for having it. I just feel sorry for them and try to help.

yeah who do those people think they are. they need a religion of some sort to set them straight. 

you're kidding, right :blink:

Religion is a desease that prevents education, logical thinking and promotes hatred, sometimes even violence. And like any other desease, I don't judge people for having it. I just feel sorry for them and try to help.

your way of thinking is a disease that stops people from learning how to tolerate cultural differences.

There is room in the world for everyone, so long as no forces their ideals on another.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

Atheism doesn't claim to be conclusive, but it does champion such things. I feel it's fine to ask that something that champions conclusive-ness require it to be legitimate.

Just saying.

Not worth a response beyond this. Bonus points for desease.

† Christian Member †

you're kidding, right :blink:

are you offended?

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

Atheism doesn't claim to be conclusive, but it does champion such things. I feel it's fine to ask that something that champions conclusive-ness require it to be legitimate.

Just saying.

Not worth a response beyond this. Bonus points for desease.

Atheism claims that there is no God. That's pretty conclusive if you ask me.

You're lucky you don't live in the US, lol

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Just saying.

Science is pretty legitimate if you ask me.  Especially if you compare it side to side with what the bible says.

I criticize that just as strongly, I was not singling athiests out for criticism.

Atheism isn't just being without a religion, it is the belief that there exists no deity or deities, I don't think religion is conclusive, nor am I saying any given religion is factual because I do not know the true answers yet.

I cannot disprove the existence of dieties from the confines of this tiny planet that is but a blip on the scale of existence so I choose not to call myself an athiest. I am however not relgious.

Atheism claims that there is no God. That's pretty conclusive if you ask me.

con·clu·sive

adjective
(of evidence or argument) serving to prove a case; decisive or convincing.

(of a victory) achieved easily or by a large margin.

It can't be a "if you ask me" thing because then what is conclusive is relative and that defeats the purpose of the discussion entirely.

Science is pretty legitimate if you ask me.  Especially if you compare it side to side with what the bible says.

Agreed.

† Christian Member †

The problem is that we're forced to speak nicely about religion and someone's belief, otherwise we're "assholes".

However, it's completely fine for religious people to tell me I'm going to hell and discriminate because "it's in my faith and I will not tolerate x". 

it's a problem for you to talk nicely to people?  Treat others the way you want them to treat you.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

The problem is that we're forced to speak nicely about religion and someone's belief, otherwise we're "assholes".

However, it's completely fine for religious people to tell me I'm going to hell and discriminate because "it's in my faith and I will not tolerate x". 

I don't define that as "completely fine". I define that as being an asshole. And I'm a Christian. Just saying. I know I don't speak for everyone else, but I do speak for myself.

† Christian Member †