Why can't LTT read Superchats but GamersNexus can?

DaveMath

This has been ongoing, and no resolution? Explain? Seems like Linus is simply forcing people to their website.

What is there to explain? Linus literally showed it on stream not working.

It works for some, it doesn't for others. Youtube is trash like that. Could even be a Canada vs US creator kind of thing. No one truly knows what is going on.

They are not "forcing" anyone to their website. Linus simply prefers his viewers actually getting something back in return for their money instead of just throwing money at their screen to support him.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

4 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

What is there to explain? Linus literally showed it on stream not working.

It works for some, it doesn't for others. Youtube is trash like that. Could even be a Canada vs US creator kind of thing. No one truly knows what is going on.

They are not "forcing" anyone to their website. Linus simply prefers his viewers actually getting something back in return for their money instead of just throwing money at their screen to support him.

After all this time, no resolution, no feedback?

Tons of people dump lots money into superchats, asking questions. That cringy 'nightbot' does crap all to warn people. Donators either wait to hear something on stream or find out via that stupid bot later they flushed their $50.

If anything, I suggest disabling superchats, or giving a very clear warning. I think Linus knows what he's doing.

It has been an ongoing issue. youtube is NOTORIOUS for being slow footed with these things. He has had this same issue for something like a month or two? Youtube still never fixed it. 
The other issue was if he clicked off the page and came back ALL of the super chats were gone except for any that came in after he clicked back. 

Would you get fed up using a broken system? I would. He also stated he would rather people get something for their money instead of just giving it to him. Also, youtube keeps 30% of whatever you send. 

He has also repeated told people not send super chats. You cannot beat a dead horse after a while. 

Be sure to @Pickles von Brine if you want me to see your reply!

Stopping by to praise the all mighty jar Lord pickles... * drinks from a chalice of holy pickle juice and tossed dill over shoulder* ~ @WarDance
3600x | NH-D15 Chromax Black | 32GB 3200MHz | ASUS KO RTX 3070 UnderVolted and UnderClocked | Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX X570S | Seasonic X760w | Phanteks Evolv X | 500GB WD_Black SN750 x2 | Sandisk Skyhawk 3.84TB SSD 

Just now, Pickles von Brine said:

It has been an ongoing issue. youtube is NOTORIOUS for being slow footed with these things. He has had this same issue for something like a month or two? Youtube still never fixed it. 

Then he should just disable superchats rather than raking in his lunch money for not answering people's questions.

8 minutes ago, DaveMath said:

or find out via that stupid bot later they flushed their $50.

If they sent a superchat expecting it to be read, that's on them. Lots of creators don't read them on stream at all. Especially regular streamers who play games. They don't have time to do so.
If they donate money with the expectation of getting something in return, then they shouldn't be donating and simply buy something on the store.
As for turning it off.... Why would they? It's another option for people to donate money to them. Actual regular viewers would KNOW they don't read superchats. If they're not a regular, there's no reason to just randomly donate. It's been this way for months now.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

5 minutes ago, TetraSky said:

If they sent a superchat expecting it to be read, that's on them. Lots of creators don't read them on stream at all. Even streamers.
If they donate money with the expectation of getting something in return, then they shouldn't be donating and simply buy something on the store.

That's bullshet. Almost every time I donated to other creators with a good question, they have read it.  Now they have a sporadic post saying they can't read superchats. They should get rid of them, and not prey on their ignorant audience. They are clearly seeing people donating and not getting reactions, and keep that model because its beneficial to them for now.

If WE can see the superchats so can their producer, if they are qualified. They simply are ignoring them.

Just now, DaveMath said:

That's bullshet. Almost every time I donated to other creators with a good question, they have read it.

Good for them. Since the feature itself is literally broken, they don't even have the option.

As for disabling it, people scream bloody murder when they tried doing that, IIRC, so they left it on.

Also, they clearly state at the beginning of the WAN show that they will not be reading superchats, so that's two X  on you if you asked a question using a superchat and expected an answer.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

They found SuperChats to not be very reliable and by using their store they get a larger cut of the money you spend to get your message seen/read. I've never seen other creators complain about SuperChats so who knows, maybe they were unreliable once upon a time and work fine now but they have no reason to go back now.

2 minutes ago, DaveMath said:

That's bullshet. Almost every time I donated to other creators with a good question, they have read it.  Now they have a sporadic post saying they can't read superchats. They should get rid of them, and not prey on their ignorant audience. They are clearly seeing people donating and not getting reactions, and keep that model because its beneficial to them for now.

If WE can see the superchats so can their producer, if they are qualified. They simply are ignoring them.

And? They've said if you want to have the maximum chance of your message being read to buy something on LTT store while they are streaming. Even if they can read it maybe it's just not something they choose to read out loud. They are streaming on 3 platforms so having a completely seperate message system might be preferable to them then having to try and follow paid messages on two platforms.

Just now, Sarra said:

Good for them. Since the feature itself is literally broken, they don't even have the option.

As for disabling it, people scream bloody murder when they tried doing that, IIRC, so they left it on.

Also, they clearly state at the beginning of the WAN show that they will not be reading superchats, so that's two X  on you if you asked a question using a superchat and expected an answer.

"clearly stating at the beginning"... 

Are you not aware people tune in 10, 20, 30 minutes into the stream?

It should be made very clear for any participants, or just disable the feature if they are clearly ignoring it and pushing people to their store instead.

Just now, Ultraforce said:

And? They've said if you want to have the maximum chance of your message being read to buy something on LTT store while they are streaming. Even if they can read it maybe it's just not something they choose to read out loud. They are streaming on 3 platforms so having a completely seperate message system might be preferable to them then having to try and follow paid messages on two platforms.

If they are filtering users to their store then why allow people to donate via superchats if they will automatically being ignored? Doesn't seem very moral. Most donations are asking questions because they are ignorant of what is happening. 

I doubt their superchat is broken, as LMG has a large enough channel they can probably talk to someone at Youtube, but if people want to throw their money away then thats their problem. I don't really like the idea of superchats anyway as its a weird way of throwing money at someone to get attention.

4 minutes ago, DaveMath said:

Are you not aware people tune in 10, 20, 30 minutes into the stream?

I start from the beginning? Watching it live isn't that big of a thing for me. I mean, I usually watch the VOD on Saturday, Sunday, or even Monday.

3 minutes ago, DaveMath said:

If they are filtering users to their store then why allow people to donate via superchats if they will automatically being ignored? Doesn't seem very moral. Most donations are asking questions because they are ignorant of what is happening.

I already stated, they have disabled superchats before, and people complained.

Look, if you're this bent out of shape over it, you should ping the LTT account and ask for your superchat to get refunded. Worst they can do is say 'no'.

2 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

I doubt their superchat is broken, as LMG has a large enough channel they can probably talk to someone at Youtube, but if people want to throw their money away then thats their problem. I don't really like the idea of superchats anyway as its a weird way of throwing money at someone to get attention.

So, they faked the screenshare where it literally showed a superchat in the chat box, but the superchat history was completely empty? That's a little... Convoluted.

3 minutes ago, Sarra said:

I start from the beginning? Watching it live isn't that big of a thing for me. I mean, I usually watch the VOD on Saturday, Sunday, or even Monday.

I already stated, they have disabled superchats before, and people complained.

Look, if you're this bent out of shape over it, you should ping the LTT account and ask for your superchat to get refunded. Worst they can do is say 'no'.

I'm not crying over my $2, I feel bad for the guys who often send them $50 or $100 expecting a response.

I think having superchats enabled and not being able to "superchat back" is fukt. (especially since in the past they did).

So, they faked the screenshare where it literally showed a superchat in the chat box, but the superchat history was completely empty? That's a little... Convoluted.

When did LTT say their superchat was broken? I notice others here are saying it hasn't worked for months, even though LTT could easily contact someone at Youtube to tell them its broken. And I'm guessing LTT doesn't care enough that their superchat box is broken.

16 minutes ago, HeroRareheart said:

They found SuperChats to not be very reliable and by using their store they get a larger cut of the money you spend to get your message seen/read. I've never seen other creators complain about SuperChats so who knows, maybe they were unreliable once upon a time and work fine now but they have no reason to go back now.

This super chats being "broken" means that they don't work in a very consumer or creator friendly way.  For example a channel I follow for years and has no competing platform  had super chats glitch and they lost all of em.  SO LTT created their own "superchat" system whereby even if they don't read your chat you get a piece of something neat.  A shirt or a peace of merch.  

Now one could be enough of a jerk to point out that super chats which do not result in something being shipped from place to place therefore have lower carbon emissions and are therefore greener.  I won't be though.  I did consider buying a gift card or something to send a merch message.   You know.  Sending merch messages to get store credit then using that credit to say ... send tech related gifts at the holidays or buy something nice would be nice.  

9 minutes ago, DaveMath said:

I'm not crying over my $2, I feel bad for the guys who often send them $50 or $100 expecting a response.

I think having superchats enabled and not being able to "superchat back" is fukt. (especially since in the past they did).

It's been this way for months, so, I really don't know what to tell you.

5 minutes ago, Blademaster91 said:

When did LTT say their superchat was broken? I notice others here are saying it hasn't worked for months, even though LTT could easily contact someone at Youtube to tell them its broken. And I'm guessing LTT doesn't care enough that their superchat box is broken.

Linus literally screenshared his youtube stream window, where it literally was empty. It's also been a rant topic multiple times in the past, including discussion that they have reached out to YouTube, and nothing has changed (other than YT telling them "its been fixt lol" then it still being broken AF).

Just now, DaveMath said:

Wow, he LITERALLY did it at some point in time on some specific video? As someone who watches most but not all of his videos somehow I didn't print it out and tape it to my wall like a cult cuckold.

Look, the WAN show is already pushing 2 hours long.

If they stopped to read every superchat, the livestream would be like 12 hours long.

They also state they don't read superchats at the beginning of every WAN show.

I get that people are upset that they don't get their moment of validation for sending $100 or whatever, but seriously, this has been a thing for months. If you don't like it, then either get a Floatplane sub and get better access to Linus and Luke, buy something from the LTT store, or just stop watching the WAN show. It's really not that difficult.

19 minutes ago, DaveMath said:

I'm not crying over my $2,

I'm sorry, but quite honestly, from your last reply, I don't believe you anymore.

Look, the WAN show is already pushing 2 hours long.

If they stopped to read every superchat, the livestream would be like 12 hours long.

They also state they don't read superchats at the beginning of every WAN show.

I get that people are upset that they don't get their moment of validation for sending $100 or whatever, but seriously, this has been a thing for months. If you don't like it, then either get a Floatplane sub and get better access to Linus and Luke, buy something from the LTT store, or just stop watching the WAN show. It's really not that difficult.

I'm sorry, but quite honestly, from your last reply, I don't believe you anymore.

I don't tune in for the WAN show at its start. Most people don't either. I feel suckered out of my $2.

I just wanted Linus to consider a man bun before his haircut.

also LOL @ Floatplane

(no hate Luke, but, no)

it seems weird to superchat any streamer before figuring out the pattern of donations. Like. who does that?
That is completely on you buddy. 

Just now, starsmine said:

it seems weird to superchat any streamer before figuring out the pattern of donations. Like. who does that?
That is completely on you buddy. 

the pattern used to be that they'd reply

2 minutes ago, DaveMath said:

the pattern used to be that they'd reply

Wan show has NEVER replied to super chats. they have told you for years of you want a response, do a merch message. They say it multiple times, every stream.

31 minutes ago, Sarra said:

Linus literally screenshared his youtube stream window, where it literally was empty. It's also been a rant topic multiple times in the past, including discussion that they have reached out to YouTube, and nothing has changed (other than YT telling them "its been fixt lol" then it still being broken AF).

I didn't know it was a rant topic multiple times, I know he's said something about it before, but I just guessed it should've been fixed already. It sounds like youtube doesn't really give a crap about it, not surprising as Google cares more about updating the youtube UI more than improving video bitrate or audio quality.

And I really haven't watched the wan show in a while, Linus constantly going on rants doesn't really interest me, most of their content doesn't either.