3 major L's for Apple in Brazil - A third court decision in Brazil in two years earned Apple it's third fine, and power adapters are now mandatory

lospi
21 hours ago, Dracarris said:

5W charger will not provide 7.5W at its output.

A 5w charger will draw 7.5w to deliver 5

Also your whole way of first establishing an efficiency figure and then applying it to a lower load DOES. NOT. WORK

It clearly did. And for a guess it was pretty much spot on. And still proves my point: using a charger over a console, or any other appliance with a USB port, to charge a phone is less wasteful.

If phone manufacturers kept supplying their devices with an included charger you would get a very efficient charger in the process, instead of relying on the cheapest product cause people spending upwards of 20+€ for what used to ship with your phone is not going to happen chief.

This is the last thing I'm going to write in this matter. You are completely lost and have no clue what you are talking about. Believe what you want, but please don't spread it.

Oh go suck on Apple's tooth for all I care, you're a lost cause who's more interested in a corporations fucking the consumer base at every step than upholding to.consumer rights.

Edited by LogicalDrm

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

19 hours ago, Imbadatnames said:

95% of people have a spare brick, I have at least 5 from apple alone. They’re also dirt cheap so just buy one if you need one. There’s no point wasting millions of tons of plastic for the 2 people who don’t have a brick 

18 hours ago, Gamer Schnitzel said:

I have 4 Samsung chargers and none of my siblings even uses the charging block anymore because they have power strips that have USB ports. Brazil wants Apple to send chargers to everyone who bought the iPhone 12. All those people already have chargers and are going to be trying to resell it for cash. When they realize that they cannot resell it because eBay is filled with them they will go and throw it in the sea. And FYI your son will be buying the new iPhone 14 soon, or the iPhone 15 next year and then he will have a charger already because you bought one and if he gives his iPhone away whatever sheep buys it off him will already have one. You're just desperate to hate at a company because you think you're a rebel. Get real.

Glad to see you both read my post before trying to point out where I was wrong.

Let me quote the really important bit you both seemed to miss:

It should be an option

If it is an option and you don't need one then you don't have to pay for one. 

But as I said earlier, only people hell bent on defending apple for whatever misgivings they perceive to have occurred will be that hell bent on trying to argue that giving people the option is worse than killing a baby elephant.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

5 hours ago, mr moose said:

Glad to see you both read my post before trying to point out where I was wrong.

Let me quote the really important bit you both seemed to miss:

If it is an option and you don't need one then you don't have to pay for one. 

But as I said earlier, only people hell bent on defending apple for whatever misgivings they perceive to have occurred will be that hell bent on trying to argue that giving people the option is worse than killing a baby elephant.

Aside from it shouldn’t be an option. A lot of the environmental impact is from shipping costs, shipping the plugs negates that. 

It’s not really defending apple when a lot of companies are doing it dude. It’s what they all should be doing. It’s just creating ewaste by shipping millions of plugs per year that people aren’t going to use.

21 hours ago, Imbadatnames said:

Aside from it shouldn’t be an option. A lot of the environmental impact is from shipping costs, shipping the plugs negates that. 

It’s not really defending apple when a lot of companies are doing it dude. It’s what they all should be doing. It’s just creating ewaste by shipping millions of plugs per year that people aren’t going to use.

Oh please, if apple or any of these companies really cared about the environment they would have not spent the last decade making phones harder to repair or throw away items.  More ewaste and shipping comes from people buying a new phine every 2 years because the old one cracked, battery died, software became too slow too fast ro any other plethora of design related failings.    Apple and Samsung are playing the virtue signalling game here and saving themselves a bucket load by not including the charger.   Is a pathetic lip service to gullible fools.  

you know what would make a bigger impact on the environment?  replaceable batteries,  phones that weren't so thin they lasted a 5 years of normal use without breaking a screen.  phones that had proper spare parts support including non genuine options.  That's what would help the environment, not this pathetic attempt at climate PR.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

3 hours ago, mr moose said:

Oh please, if apple or any of these companies really cared about the environment they would have not spent the last decade making phones harder to repair or throw away items.  More ewaste and shipping comes from people buying a new phine every 2 years because the old one cracked, battery died, software became too slow too fast ro any other plethora of design related failings.    Apple and Samsung are playing the virtue signalling game here and saving themselves a bucket load by not including the charger.   Is a pathetic lip service to gullible fools.  

You do know user repair is TERRIBLE for the environment right? The ones are repairable you just have to go to somewhere official to do it. This way cuts out the mass production of cheap 3rd party parts and the shipping of them which is a big environmental win, parts replaced also are recycled properly rather than just thrown away. Apple also offer to recycle pretty much any phone including ones that aren’t their own. 

3 hours ago, mr moose said:

you know what would make a bigger impact on the environment?  replaceable batteries,  phones that weren't so thin they lasted a 5 years of normal use without breaking a screen.  phones that had proper spare parts support including non genuine options.  That's what would help the environment, not this pathetic attempt at climate PR.

Actually no. It would just lead to batteries flooding the market. You’re acting like you can’t get the battery in your phone replaced. 

Thin phones doesn’t mean broken glass dude. 

Spare parts from 3rd parties are worse for the environment I don’t see how that’s so hard to get 

18 hours ago, Imbadatnames said:

You do know user repair is TERRIBLE for the environment right? The ones are repairable you just have to go to somewhere official to do it. This way cuts out the mass production of cheap 3rd party parts and the shipping of them which is a big environmental win, parts replaced also are recycled properly rather than just thrown away. Apple also offer to recycle pretty much any phone including ones that aren’t their own. 

So you don't deny that these companies have been making it harder to repair devices and you think we should all just suck up the inflated repair costs (assuming they even let you repair it) because you have an issue with 3rd party parts?

Actually no. It would just lead to batteries flooding the market. You’re acting like you can’t get the battery in your phone replaced. 

I have had several apple products that I could not get repaired (at apple).  So yes, It should be no surprise that I act that way.

Thin phones doesn’t mean broken glass dude. 

And hat's why there is a shop selling screening repairs on every corner and in every shopping centre.  You don't see a million MacDonalds stores when no one wants MacDonalds, just like you only have this many screen repair shops because that many people break screens. I mean where I live there are more screen repair shops than macdonalds stores so that should tell you something about how many screens get broken (mostly iphone and Samsung too BTW).

Spare parts from 3rd parties are worse for the environment I don’t see how that’s so hard to get 

If they work and they keep the phone going for another year then they are just as good for the environment as any genuine part.  You are clutching at straws now.

Issue with enforcing certain components to be part of the base package is that not all people need them. And... well that's self explanatory...

So you don't deny that these companies have been making it harder to repair devices and you think we should all just suck up the inflated repair costs (assuming they even let you repair it) because you have an issue with 3rd party parts?

What inflated costs dude? The apple repair centre operates at a loss. 

I have had several apple products that I could not get repaired (at apple).  So yes, It should be no surprise that I act that way.

And hat's why there is a shop selling screening repairs on every corner and in every shopping centre.  You don't see a million MacDonalds stores when no one wants MacDonalds, just like you only have this many screen repair shops because that many people break screens. I mean where I live there are more screen repair shops than macdonalds stores so that should tell you something about how many screens get broken (mostly iphone and Samsung too BTW).

What products? 

If they work and they keep the phone going for another year then they are just as good for the environment as any genuine part.  You are clutching at straws now.

Aside from they’re not? Guessing you’re not familiar with the term “race to the bottom”

What inflated costs dude? The apple repair centre operates at a loss. 

And yet 3rd party repairers can do the same repair for less.  Apple aren't exactly running at a loss.

What products? 

Ipads

Aside from they’re not? Guessing you’re not familiar with the term “race to the bottom”

This would have to be the worst argument in defense of a global company who's only interest is to separate your money from you.    I don't care where your parts come from, if you can keep a phone going for one more year then you are doing more for the environment than buying a new phone.  It's the same with cars and computers,  It's much better to keep the old one going than buying a whole new one for the sake of a wheel bearing. 

On 10/14/2022 at 3:26 AM, Bensemus said:

Any iPhone can be charged with any brick. Apple includes a lighting to C cable so you can connect to modern bricks and computers. We don’t need chargers with every device. It’s excessive. It’s why the EU is looking to ban the bundling of bricks with mobile devices. 

Not really. Some iPhones are known to be temperamental with some 3rd party chargers and as a result you could end up with a broken tristar chip which will turn your phone into a useless brick as soon as the battery dies and then you'll need expensive board repair. I don't think the newer ones have this problem but I wouldn't be surprised if it would come up in future iPhones. Also I think it's fair to say most people don't have chargers with USB C ports on them unless they already have an iPhone 12 or newer and they decided to buy a new power brick instead of a cable to use with their old charger. My mother for example uses her old s10 quick charger and the USB C to C cable that came with the s20 stayed in the box and its basically e waste at this point. 

6 hours ago, mr moose said:

And yet 3rd party repairers can do the same repair for less.  Apple aren't exactly running at a loss.

Almost like they’re using lower quality or stolen parts isn’t it. Funnily enough the ones I’ve seen are the same price or more than apples. The cheaper ones tend to be things like LCD displays instead of OLED etc. 

The repair centre is which is what we’re talking about

Ipads

What iPad and what was actually broken? I’ve never had an issue with one that’s been irreparable. 

This would have to be the worst argument in defense of a global company who's only interest is to separate your money from you.    I don't care where your parts come from, if you can keep a phone going for one more year then you are doing more for the environment than buying a new phone.  It's the same with cars and computers,  It's much better to keep the old one going than buying a whole new one for the sake of a wheel bearing. 

You’re not seeing the forest for the trees. A race to the bottom in. 3rd party parts is incredibly bad for the environment. Sure that ONE phone that’s repaired might be better than getting a new one and recycling the old (actually isn’t if you resell it btw) but the 10-50 spare parts that are produced and then thrown away because no one buys them outweighs any benefit that one repair has done. Filling landfills with unused spare parts isn’t beneficial. 

Cars and electronics aren’t the same? A lot of things on cars are fairly similar. Especially within brands and models over a number of years. Phones aren’t. They’re also a completely different sector. Also computers are a bad comparison too. For example if you wanted to upgrade idk a 6700K system you’re going to have to buy essentially a whole new computer because it’s a platform upgrade. If you’re getting a 4090 you’re going to have to buy a new PSU if you don’t want to risk a house fire. I bought a phone before I bought a 6600K (when it was new) and the phone outlasted the platform in that system. I still have the phone as a back up in fact, the only thing I have from that system is the PSU and that’s sat as a spare incase my current one pops. 

17 hours ago, Imbadatnames said:

Almost like they’re using lower quality or stolen parts isn’t it. Funnily enough the ones I’ve seen are the same price or more than apples. The cheaper ones tend to be things like LCD displays instead of OLED etc. 

It's possible they are lower quality than original.  My argument was never that they were better quality, just that the existence of said parts means devices stay in service longer which equates to better environmental outcomes.

What iPad and what was actually broken? I’ve never had an issue with one that’s been irreparable. 

So I must be lying because you claim to never have had an issue.  I had an Ipad with a broken screen and they outright refused to repair it.  3rd party place could repair it. 

You’re not seeing the forest for the trees. A race to the bottom in. 3rd party parts is incredibly bad for the environment. Sure that ONE phone that’s repaired might be better than getting a new one and recycling the old (actually isn’t if you resell it btw) but the 10-50 spare parts that are produced and then thrown away because no one buys them outweighs any benefit that one repair has done. Filling landfills with unused spare parts isn’t beneficial. 

Cars and electronics aren’t the same? A lot of things on cars are fairly similar. Especially within brands and models over a number of years. Phones aren’t. They’re also a completely different sector. Also computers are a bad comparison too. For example if you wanted to upgrade idk a 6700K system you’re going to have to buy essentially a whole new computer because it’s a platform upgrade. If you’re getting a 4090 you’re going to have to buy a new PSU if you don’t want to risk a house fire. I bought a phone before I bought a 6600K (when it was new) and the phone outlasted the platform in that system. I still have the phone as a back up in fact, the only thing I have from that system is the PSU and that’s sat as a spare incase my current one pops. 

I'm seeing quite clearly, the issue is simple.  Keeping devices working longer is better for the environment,  apple and samsung not shipping chargers is lip service to the gullible consumers and media who suck that marketing up.

If you wish for this "race to the bottom" to not be a thing, then you should be arguing for phones to be easier to repair with OEM parts available from anywhere.  Apple can sell the parts for their phones at a reasonable cost and still make profit and the parts would only be marginally more expensive than none genuine stuff. 

With regard to cars,  there are a lot of parts that are specifically for only one model just like there are parts that only fit one model of phone.  They are exactly the same in that regard.  Economic of sales is the same regardless if you are selling phones, cars or bar fridges.   The environmental impact is also the same.  Again, the longer a car, phone or fridge stays in operation the better it is for the environment PERIOD.

It's possible they are lower quality than original.  My argument was never that they were better quality, just that the existence of said parts means devices stay in service longer which equates to better environmental outcomes.

So I must be lying because you claim to never have had an issue.  I had an Ipad with a broken screen and they outright refused to repair it.  3rd party place could repair it. 

I'm seeing quite clearly, the issue is simple.  Keeping devices working longer is better for the environment,  apple and samsung not shipping chargers is lip service to the gullible consumers and media who suck that marketing up.

If you wish for this "race to the bottom" to not be a thing, then you should be arguing for phones to be easier to repair with OEM parts available from anywhere.  Apple can sell the parts for their phones at a reasonable cost and still make profit and the parts would only be marginally more expensive than none genuine stuff. 

With regard to cars,  there are a lot of parts that are specifically for only one model just like there are parts that only fit one model of phone.  They are exactly the same in that regard.  Economic of sales is the same regardless if you are selling phones, cars or bar fridges.   The environmental impact is also the same.  Again, the longer a car, phone or fridge stays in operation the better it is for the environment PERIOD.

You’re really not seeing clearly dude. You’re ignoring pretty much everything because “LInUS sAys It’s Better”. Newsflash, literally everyone who’s for right to repair and 3rd party parts has something to gain from it. 

4 hours ago, Imbadatnames said:

You’re really not seeing clearly dude. You’re ignoring pretty much everything because “LInUS sAys It’s Better”. Newsflash, literally everyone who’s for right to repair and 3rd party parts has something to gain from it. 

No way, next you're going to tell me that people/companies that are against right to repair and spare parts, aren't trying to limit repairs to increase their profits save the environment from spare parts and people from exploding devices due to 3rd party repairs, but actually have something to gain from it.

2 hours ago, KaitouX said:

No way, next you're going to tell me that people/companies that are against right to repair and spare parts, aren't trying to limit repairs to increase their profits save the environment from spare parts and people from exploding devices due to 3rd party repairs, but actually have something to gain from it.

Aside from it doesn’t? Again, Apples Repair centre operates at a loss. So they’re not actually making any more from it, if anything they are LOSING money. 

1 hour ago, Imbadatnames said:

Aside from it doesn’t? Again, Apples Repair centre operates at a loss. So they’re not actually making any more from it, if anything they are LOSING money. 

one of apple's biggest lies being used as a factual argument

and small repair shop's make a profit by asking a sixth of what apple asks, and don't rely on a "extended" warranty to make a bank unlike apple

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

15 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

and small repair shop's make a profit by asking a sixth of what apple asks, and don't rely on a "extended" warranty to make a bank unlike apple

Because they don’t use official parts. The only place I’ve seen offer parts for “a sixth” of what apple charge are shops that use LCD displays instead of OLED panels. And that’s because they’re using cheap shitty LCD panels. 

Again apple do not “make bank” on repairs. Have some quotes from them at court. 

“Our goal is to achieve a safe and reliable repair for our customers, whether that repair is done by Apple or a service provider designated by Apple. Apple has spent time and money to make Apple devices incredibly user friendly—but they are still complex, very technical machines. And there are a number of factors that go into achieving the goal of ensuring repairs on these complex devices are safe and reliable.

Genuine Apple parts are designed, tested and manufactured for Apple quality and performance standards. If a customer needs an Apple device repaired, it’s important that the repair be conducted by a certified technician who has completed Apple service training and who uses genuine Apple parts and tools. Repairs performed by untrained technicians might not follow proper safety and repair procedures and could result in improper function, product quality issues or safety events.

Additionally, repairs that do not properly replace screws or cowlings might leave behind loose parts that could damage a component such as the battery, causing overheating or resulting in injury. For these reasons, we believe it is important for repair shops to receive proper training when obtaining access to spare parts and repair manuals. We continue to expand the number of locations where consumers can get repairs, while maintaining a priority on safety and reliability.”

“For each year since 2009, the costs of providing repair services has exceeded the revenue generated by repairs.”

15 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

No you don't understand, it absolutely costs $319AUD to replace a tiny, thin slab of glass on the back on people's phones

image.png.b571ec7270f9d3424cb6027581ea8d05.png

and definitely costs the same as buying an entire double glazed window that is 5600% larger

image.png.461c01bbde4d274df759bcd86cbd31ed.png

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

On 10/23/2022 at 10:52 AM, Imbadatnames said:

Third party repair centers using lower quality parts can be an issue, but it wouldn't be so much of an issue if Apple would just sell replacement parts to third party repair centers and to the customer without needing to go through providing serial numbers and then going to apple to validate the repair because apple doesn't want people fixing their own phone.

And I think even if the part quality is lower, its better than having to throw a phone away and buy a new one.

Except Apple doesn't repair ipads in the stores, those are so glued together and made to be unrepairable that Apple doesn't replace anything, they send those to another repair facility to get refurbished. And you don't get a new ipad under warranty which I also think is unacceptable especially if you pay up for applecare.

No you're missing the point completely, if phones were more easily repairable, not meant to be thrown away for a new one after 2 years, it would be a lot better for the environment.  Also your claim of spare parts getting thrown away is a bunch of BS, because if phones were meant to last then people would be buying spare parts instead of replacing the phone. Keeping a device working with spare parts is a lot better for the environment than always buying the latest shiny new thing and thinking a company really cares about helping the environment.

And if you can keep a car running with aftermarket parts its much better than getting rid of the car and buying a new one, phones should be the same with parts available with either OEM quality or aftermarket replacement.

35 minutes ago, Imbadatnames said:

Again apple do not “make bank” on repairs. Have some quotes from them at court. 

From Apple in court? Do you really believe the same company that pays lobbyists piles of money to oppose people being able to repair their own devices?

1 hour ago, Blademaster91 said:

Third party repair centers using lower quality parts can be an issue, but it wouldn't be so much of an issue if Apple would just sell replacement parts to third party repair centers and to the customer without needing to go through providing serial numbers and then going to apple to validate the repair because apple doesn't want people fixing their own phone.

And I think even if the part quality is lower, it’s better than having to throw a phone away and buy a new one.

If apple doesn’t turn a profit repairing phones how would third parties do any different? 

Or you could just pay to repair the phone? Also recycling is an option.

Except Apple doesn't repair ipads in the stores, those are so glued together and made to be unrepairable that Apple doesn't replace anything, they send those to another repair facility to get refurbished. And you don't get a new ipad under warranty which I also think is unacceptable especially if you pay up for applecare.

Aside from apple does offer Repair for iPads? Also you do get a new one if it’s under warranty.

No you're missing the point completely, if phones were more easily repairable, not meant to be thrown away for a new one after 2 years, it would be a lot better for the environment.  Also your claim of spare parts getting thrown away is a bunch of BS, because if phones were meant to last then people would be buying spare parts instead of replacing the phone. Keeping a device working with spare parts is a lot better for the environment than always buying the latest shiny new thing and thinking a company really cares about helping the environment.

You have it wrong. A vast market for spares and a race to the bottom on those creates a gigantic amount of ewaste which dwarfs any repair you could possible do. You’re not thinking large enough. You’re thinking oh if I can repair this one phone that’s good without thinking of the 100 parts produces that you’re not using that will go into a landfill. 

And if you can keep a car running with aftermarket parts its much better than getting rid of the car and buying a new one, phones should be the same with parts available with either OEM quality or aftermarket replacement.

From Apple in court? Do you really believe the same company that pays lobbyists piles of money to oppose people being able to repair their own devices?

Debatable. I would say replacing a car that does 16MPG and shits out 300g/km of CO2 with a hybrid is better for the environment. Car parts are also a lot more homogeneous. An O ring is an O ring, a tyre is a tyre and even several models have the same parts which are easy to replace. Even so if the engine shits itself and cracks the block you’re getting a new car if it’s more than 5 years old just due to economics. Phones however are very different even in the same product stack boards aren’t the same. Connections aren’t the same and parts aren’t the same. They’re also much higher strung as for as things go.

Also personally I don’t think people should be allowed to mess with safety critical parts on their cars without qualification. It’s frankly just dangerous to let people who don’t have a fucking clue what they’re doing to just mess with their brakes. 

Literally quotes from them under oath. Not like they can exactly get away with saying they make a loss if they’re not. 

7 hours ago, Imbadatnames said:

“Our goal is to achieve a safe and reliable repair for our customers, whether that repair is done by Apple or a service provider designated by Apple. Apple has spent time and money to make Apple devices incredibly user friendly—but they are still complex, very technical machines. And there are a number of factors that go into achieving the goal of ensuring repairs on these complex devices are safe and reliable.

Genuine Apple parts are designed, tested and manufactured for Apple quality and performance standards. If a customer needs an Apple device repaired, it’s important that the repair be conducted by a certified technician who has completed Apple service training and who uses genuine Apple parts and tools. Repairs performed by untrained technicians might not follow proper safety and repair procedures and could result in improper function, product quality issues or safety events.

Additionally, repairs that do not properly replace screws or cowlings might leave behind loose parts that could damage a component such as the battery, causing overheating or resulting in injury. For these reasons, we believe it is important for repair shops to receive proper training when obtaining access to spare parts and repair manuals. We continue to expand the number of locations where consumers can get repairs, while maintaining a priority on safety and reliability.”

so, Apple's statement at court where their "benevolent" monopoly is at risk should be considered as pure truth? if yes then I've got a bridge to sell you.

7 hours ago, Arika S said:

No you don't understand, it absolutely costs $319AUD to replace a tiny, thin slab of glass on the back on people's phones

image.png.b571ec7270f9d3424cb6027581ea8d05.png

and definitely costs the same as buying an entire double glazed window that is 5600% larger

image.png.461c01bbde4d274df759bcd86cbd31ed.png

and the small repair shops do it out of the good of their hearts in defense of the environment. if Apple can't make it with 321$, imagine how hard it is when all you ask is 50$

7 hours ago, Blademaster91 said:

No you're missing the point completely, if phones were more easily repairable, not meant to be thrown away for a new one after 2 years, it would be a lot better for the environment.

Wait. My current iphone is 2.5yrs olds, my 6S before that was retired at 5years but still works, the 6 of my girlfriend after 6yrs. The X of my friend sold after 4years in perfectly working condition. What the heck am I doing wrong? Can you please give instructions on how to throw away a perfectly working phone?

And one thing I can't understand: Why is Apple supporting phones for 5+ years with full-feature full-generational OS updates and for 7-10years with security updates? If the majority of phones dies after 2years, why go through all the hassle? After all the phones brake after 2years, right?

Why is the second hand market swamped with perfectly working iphones that are much older than 2years which still sell for a rather large chunk of their original sale price?

Pretty sure I'm just stupid and you are much smarter and see through Apple diabolical plan here of supporting phones for longer than any other manufacturer.

19 hours ago, Imbadatnames said:

I know what I am not seeing clearly, and that's any logic in your arguments.  I don't know what Linus has said about any of this because I don't watch any of his content. 

The only thing you have said in this entire thread that is true is that everyone who is for right repair does have something to gain from it,  and that's the ability to repair their own devices and actually do some good for the environment.  I am for right to repair because I should be allowed to repair my own things.  That is the benefit of it for me.  If you think that is somehow bad and will negatively effect the environment then you are seriously so sucked into Apples PR that I may as well be trying to educate a tomato.

It feels disingenuous to me, to argue that a whole division is profitable because one sku is likely profitable.
I dont think anyone is arguing that apple does not make profit off of a 300 dollar back glass replacement. But how is bringing that up an argument that apple makes money on repairs?

Im not arguing one way or the other, I am pointing out that the logic is not valid.

15 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

so, Apple's statement at court where their "benevolent" monopoly is at risk should be considered as pure truth? if yes then I've got a bridge to sell you.

Literally been proven in court they’re not a monopoly

15 hours ago, suicidalfranco said:

and the small repair shops do it out of the good of their hearts in defense of the environment. if Apple can't make it with 321$, imagine how hard it is when all you ask is 50$

The small repair shops do it with shitty parts, false advertising and paying people less. Again a $50 repair would be along the lines of using a 3rd party shitty IPS screen rather than the genuine OLED part.