3 major L's for Apple in Brazil - A third court decision in Brazil in two years earned Apple it's third fine, and power adapters are now mandatory

lospi
10 hours ago, Dracarris said:

I was indeed quite sure that basic common sense prohobits such a wasteful practice. I merely brought it up to show how stupid this "married sale" law is since anyone with a bit of common sense recognizes that, if applied consistently, said law leads to a flood of unnecessary (probably cheap) chargers in the hands of consumers.

I was wrong.

What you were wrong about was the insinuation that people (including consumer law groups) unfairly target apple because its a bandwagon thing.  The reality is that in most of the world the laws are applied to everyone across the board, not just to apple when it suits some made up narrative. 

But as I pointed out with that link earlier,  it's not always against apple when certain "inconsistent" legal processes are undertaken.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

5 hours ago, Dracarris said:

I don‘t (grammatically) understand the first part

what i meant to say is that i would love that the EU used the same ruling as Brazil cause i've practically run out of all the chargers i'd accumulated through out the years, before companies started to give you only the cable.

5 hours ago, Dracarris said:

There are plenty of cheap but viable options on Amazon where you don‘t have to be afraid of electrocuting yourself.

Buying chargers from Ali is one of the stupidest and most dangerous things to do.

Also, don‘t buy a lot of cheap but a few Anker/Aukey combo chargers that last forever.

the same chargers i get from ali i find on amazon, the only difference is it costs significantly less and comes in pack of 10 or more.

Why should i pay more for something that usually came for free with the device

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

Phones: iPhone 4S/SE | LG V10 | Lumia 920 | Samsung S24 Ultra

Laptops: Macbook Pro 15" (mid-2012) | Compaq Presario V6000

Other: Steam Deck

<>EVs are bad, they kill the planet and remove freedoms too some/<>

6 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

what i meant to say is that i would love that the EU used the same ruling as Brazil cause i've practically run out of all the chargers i'd accumulated through out the years, before companies started to give you only the cable.

the same chargers i get from ali i find on amazon, the only difference is it costs significantly less and comes in pack of 10 or more.

Why should i pay more for something that usually came for free with the device

EU is huge on consumer rights, so you are full of crap for your reasoning there.
How did you run out of chargers other then your own negligence?

Every PC I have still has USB on them, I still have my USB wall wort chargers from 15 years ago that work perfectly for slow charging.
I still have docks for charging multiple items for the last 8 years. 
all your consoles with rechargeable controllers? guess what you can charge your phone off those to. 
your car charger you bought for road trips, you can can charge your device there.
fucking hell, you could charger your phone off your TV USB port.

Buying a pack of 10 chargers should last you literal decades.

3 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Every PC I have still has USB on them, I still have my USB wall wort chargers from 15 years ago that work perfectly for slow charging.

PCs, laptops, have started using USB-C for charging recently and only in the light/low power laptop segment, i.e the ultrabooks.

Last laptop i bought came with a DC charger, cause not an ultrabook, and the one before that was a Macbook from 2012 so magsafe.

6 minutes ago, starsmine said:

I still have docks for charging multiple items for the last 8 years.

Never bought a dock, cause every device i used to buy used to came with their own charger

all your consoles with rechargeable controllers? guess what you can charge your phone off those to

Controllers charge from the console themselves, so they only give you a USB cable to plug it to it, and the last console i bought was the PS3

How convenient, turn on a console just to charge a phone

8 minutes ago, starsmine said:

your car charger you bought for road trips, you can can charge your device there

Wow! you must a true genius, also never bought a charger adapter for the car

9 minutes ago, starsmine said:

fucking hell, you could charger your phone off your TV USB port

Fuck me why haven't I thought off that, so much better than having a just a charger

10 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Buying a pack of 10 chargers should last you literal decades

Not, forget them in the office and someone will eventually pick it up

travel a lot for work and you'll end up forgetting it in an hotel room 

put one in each backpack, each house room and stuff simply magically disappear, and in two to three years your back on that ali page buying another pack.

14 minutes ago, starsmine said:

EU is huge on consumer rights, so you are full of crap for your reasoning there.

But the environment comes first, even if they make the dumbest decisions at the detriment of the environment in the name of the environment.

One day I will be able to play Monster Hunter Frontier in French/Italian/English on my PC, it's just a matter of time... 4 5 6 7 8 9 years later: It's finally coming!!!

1 hour ago, suicidalfranco said:

Excuse me, what?? How can you "run out" of chargers? The only reason is losing them through utter personal carelessness and negligence. For Christs sake take care of your stuff and don't lose it all the time. The oldest chargers I own are 10+ years old and still work dandy fine.

If they actually are the same then don't buy them from Amazon either. They are an actual danger to your life and the building you reside in.

And buying chargers in "packs of 10 or more" is exactly what's wrong with consumers like you. That's around 2x of what I have bought/acquired over the span of more than a decade. Quality over quantity, not the other way round!! Buy only as many chargers as you actually need, pick decent quality, and then take care of your stuff. Buying cheap stuff that breaks easily/one does not care for, therefore brakes/gets lost is a HUGE problem and actually creates a ton of easily avoidable Ewaste.

DO NOT BUY CHEAP SHIT

1 minute ago, Dracarris said:

Excuse me, what?? How can you "run out" of chargers? The oldest chargers I own are 10+ years old and still work dandy fine. The only reason is losing them through utter personal carelessness and negligence. For Christs sake take care of your stuff and don't lose it all the time.

If they actually are the same then don't buy them from Amazon either. They are an actual danger to your life and the building you reside in.

And buying chargers in "packs of 10 or more" is exactly what's wrong with consumers like you. That's around 2x of what I have bought/acquired over the span of more than a decade. Quality over quantity, not the other way round!! Buy only as many chargers as you actually need, pick decent quality, and then take care of your stuff. Buying cheap stuff that breaks easily/one does not care for, therefore brakes/gets lost is a HUGE problem and actually creates a ton of easily avoidable Ewaste.

DO NOT BUY CHEAP SHIT

Hint hint, that's why having good chargers coming with the devices is a good idea, avoids the whole shit-charger situation for most consumers. And you need to remember that most consumers do not buy high-end stuff, but rather mid to low range products and would likely cheap out on any accessories too, causing even more e-waste 🙂

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
ASUS X550LN | i5 4210u | 12GB
Lenovo N23 Yoga

2 minutes ago, igormp said:

Hint hint, that's why having good chargers coming with the devices is a good idea, avoids the whole shit-charger situation for most consumers. And you need to remember that most consumers do not buy high-end stuff, but rather mid to low range products and would likely cheap out on any accessories too, causing even more e-waste 🙂

Yes. And since they used to come with chargers anybody that didn't show utter carelessness should have enough at this point. And even mid-range products come with chargers that are leagues above the 10-pack BS you can buy on Ali. As for products below that tier:

DO NOT BUY CHEAP SHIT.

4 minutes ago, Dracarris said:

And since they used to come with chargers anybody that didn't show utter carelessness should have enough at this point.

Not everyone buys such devices every year or so, most people I know keep their phones for around ~5 years, so they'd have a total of... 2 phone chargers in the past 10 years.

5 minutes ago, Dracarris said:

And even mid-range products come with chargers that are leagues above the 10-pack BS you can buy on Ali. As for products below that tier:

DO NOT BUY CHEAP SHIT.

Easy to say from your privileged point of view, but this topic in specific is about brazil, where half of the population don't even earn the legal minimum wage and our currency is shit, meaning that even a cheap shit costs almost an entire month of work.

FX6300 @ 4.2GHz | Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2 | Hyper 212x | 3x 8GB + 1x 4GB @ 1600MHz | Gigabyte 2060 Super | Corsair CX650M | LG 43UK6520PSA
Lenovo N23 Yoga

22 minutes ago, igormp said:

Not everyone buys such devices every year or so, most people I know keep their phones for around ~5 years, so they'd have a total of... 2 phone chargers in the past 10 years.

Thing is though. thats bullshit.
People get USB chargers from everything, not just phones. Oh, that Snes mini? its got one, oh, your electric razor? that's got one, oh your camping inflatable mattress, that's got one. your rechargeable battery dock? yup its got one.

image.png.eae7f0bcf5e9638bb22a6ea60c2ea8df.png

PCs, laptops, have started using USB-C for charging recently and only in the light/low power laptop segment, i.e the ultrabooks.

You know damn well I am not talking about power inputs on a laptop. I MEAN I/O
and cool, so you have a USB-C output? where is the issue? 

In front of me my PC has 4 (one busted) USB ports on the front IO of the PC. ALL of them provide power to charge a phone. Laptop I just picked up has 2 USB A and one USB c. only one USB A does not get power from the 5Vsb rail. 
OH WAIT a desktop has rear IO to that can all charge? damn thats a lot of USB charging ports.

Controllers charge from the console themselves, so they only give you a USB cable to plug it to it, and the last console i bought was the PS3

How convenient, turn on a console just to charge a phone

You dont need to turn on the console (ps3) to get power out of the USB, those ports use 5Vsb rail, its not a laptop which has specific ports that are stand by and others that are not.

Wow! you must a true genius, also never bought a charger adapter for the car

travel a lot for work and you'll end up forgetting it in an hotel room 

BULLLLLLLSHIT
if you travel you would have one. 
image.png.c653d87ea6be7daacf290f1e123b35d4.png
Half the hotels out there now put 5V usb into all their wall sockets and in the lamps next to the beds.
lamps-in-every-room-provide.jpg

OMG did you you know like 90% power strips on the market come with USB as well on them?
image.thumb.png.3496cb9ec76f440aa04091b02669dc2f.png
fuck every router now comes with a USB port to for flashing, guess what, those can slow charge your phone to.

Its a phone. the minimum power deliver specification for USB works. Like holy shit we dont need more e waste chargers out there, they are literally a dime a dozen.

4 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Thing is though. thats bullshit.
People get USB chargers from everything, not just phones. Oh, that Snes mini? its got one, oh, your electric razor? that's got one, oh your camping inflatable mattress, that's got one. your rechargeable battery dock? yup its got one.

Most of the stuff you mentioned are not common here. You too should stop trying to assume everything looks like your privileged surroundings...

You dont need to turn on the console (ps3) to get power out of the USB, those ports use 5Vsb rail, its not a laptop which has specific ports that are stand by and others that are not.

Hi, I have a PS3 right in front of me, and both USB ports in it won't charge anything unless it's on.

8 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Half the hotels out there now put 5V usb into all their wall sockets and in the lamps next to the beds.

Went to many hotels this year here in Brazil, most don't even have the "newest" outlet standard (which has existed for 16 years now).

9 minutes ago, starsmine said:

OMG did you you know like 90% power strips on the market come with USB as well on them?

Nope, also never saw a power strip with USB ports in here.

Too bad not everyone has such amount of USB ports available as you do and *gasp* need to have an usb charger, right?

Lenovo N23 Yoga

4 hours ago, igormp said:

Most of the stuff you mentioned are not common here. You too should stop trying to assume everything looks like your privileged surroundings...

Hi, I have a PS3 right in front of me, and both USB ports in it won't charge anything unless it's on.

Went to many hotels this year here in Brazil, most don't even have the "newest" outlet standard (which has existed for 16 years now).

Nope, also never saw a power strip with USB ports in here.

Too bad not everyone has such amount of USB ports available as you do and *gasp* need to have an usb charger, right?

Some devices you have for sure:

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2-- has USB ports that can charge

LG 43UK6520PSA-- has USB ports that can charge

ASUS X550LN-- has USB ports that can charge

Lenovo N23 Yoga-- has USB ports that can charge

1 hour ago, Obioban said:

Some devices you have for sure:

Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 R2-- has USB ports that can charge

LG 43UK6520PSA-- has USB ports that can charge

ASUS X550LN-- has USB ports that can charge

Lenovo N23 Yoga-- has USB ports that can charge

Sure, I'm going to use as charges in my everyday life, because it's really practical to reach over behind a tv or pick up a laptop from a bag and plug it into a wall just to use as a glorified charger

/s

The arguments you people come up with are ridiculous, and obviously make no sense whatsoever to most people, otherwise they wouldn't be complaining to actually HAVE those chargers come up with their devices.

But sure, your opinion is the only valid one and everyone should live their life just like yours.

Lenovo N23 Yoga

Brazil not caring about the environment and focusing on shit that doesn’t really matter to people instead of the rampant crime in literally every corner of the country? Colour me surprised. 

20 minutes ago, igormp said:

Sure, I'm going to use as charges in my everyday life, because it's really practical to reach over behind a tv or pick up a laptop from a bag and plug it into a wall just to use as a glorified charger

All of these devices have easily accessible ports on the side or front. And for a regular charger you need a wall outlet which also isn't available in a convenient spot everywhere.

I use my 27" screen to charge my BT headphones that I daily drive. One of the 100 USB-micro cables I own through various devices hangs from the side of the monitor where it is plugged into a USB-A port. Quite practical and convenient.

7 minutes ago, igormp said:

/s

The arguments you people come up with are ridiculous, and obviously make no sense whatsoever to most people, otherwise they wouldn't be complaining to actually HAVE those chargers come up with their devices.

But sure, your opinion is the only valid one and everyone should live their life just like yours.

You have a cable coming out of the back of the tv so you dont have to give her the old reach around. 

you dont have to plug in your laptop to use as a charger, it just acts as an external battery pack. Hell I used that on road trips regularly when I had an issue with my car charger. 
Plus you plug in the laptop regardless when you are using it, charge your phone then to? Literally the way I charge my phone every single night, not some wall wart, WITH MY LAPTOP. Which yes I know not everyone has a laptop in this day and age anymore, but get creative man.

the arguments you come up with make no sense for regular people either, this Isnt privilege talking. I run old stuff into the ground every time. I never upgrade just because the old one isn't fast enough. I upgrade when the old item become not economically viable to fix after its last break, and I fix everything for pretty damn cheap. Actually you are right about privilege, i'm privileged to have the technical knowhow to fix my shit without spending 2x as much at a repair shop. I went from an Iphone 6s to a 12 mini. My main daily desktop is 11 years old sandy bridge. I only have a new laptop because fixing my 4 year old zen one (which replaced a llano laptop), parts were 400 usd and I decided to spend 700 instead to get a "new" one, which is just a referbished zen 3, rather then zen 3+.
My TV is 200 usd.
My parents still use a plasma from 2007. GUESS WHAT, that shit has USB on it. hell they run a first gen core as their PC which replaced their Pentium 4. You know what you could do with a PC from even the late 90s though. use that USB 1.1 to slow charge your shit.

Its not that we are saying you should live a life like ours, we are saying open up your damn eyes, you have USB ports you can charge your phone from literally everywhere. 90% of people do not need a charger, requiring the purchase to be coupled is insane.

Let the 10% who need it choose to bundle it, not force the 90% to have another one.

3 minutes ago, starsmine said:

Let the 10% who need it choose to bundle it, not force the 90% to have another one

That's the point you're missing, you're the one who's in the 10%, the 90% of the population actually DO WANT a charger to be bundled. Those court decisions came out of actual complaints from consumers.

I'm not even going to comment on the rest of your points because they make no sense whatsoever. I never saw anyone else other than the 3 people in this topic (including you) that refuse to use a proper charger and instead have cables hanging out of the back of their displays or use laptops as power bricks. Worse yet is that you're mistaking being privileged with being cheap/not wasting money.

Lenovo N23 Yoga

6 minutes ago, igormp said:

That's the point you're missing, you're the one who's in the 10%, the 90% of the population actually DO WANT a charger to be bundled. Those court decisions came out of actual complaints from consumers.

I'm not even going to comment on the rest of your points because they make no sense whatsoever. I never saw anyone else other than the 3 people in this topic (including you) that refuse to use a proper charger and instead have cables hanging out of the back of their displays or use laptops as power bricks. Worse yet is that you're mistaking being privileged with being cheap/not wasting money.

I dont refuse to use a "proper" charger, they are just simply not needed outside of fast charging, and even then, I do fast charge my phone with my laptop because thats what USB C can do. 

the fuck is a proper charger anyways? AC to DC? in what world is using the PSU of an electronic device, using DC to DC not proper?
Seriously what world. We are pointing out the countless possible CHARGE ports you have around your house. its insane to think you would ignore them because of this misplaced idea of proper. 

The only time you need to pay attention is when the minimum USB power specification is not enough for your needs. which for a phone, is never the case. 

1 hour ago, igormp said:

Lets assume those 90% not only want but actually need the charger: What do this people gain if manufacturers include chargers but simply increase the price of the phone by the price of a standalone charger?

That being said, the difference is probably around 1% of the price. I was repeatedly told in this thread that a lot of people in Brazil are poor and even the most basic iphones are luxury goods that are out of reach for many. Is the 1% additional spending for a charger going to make any difference for anyone? Will someone from "below" not be able to afford such a phone due to the surplus cost of the charger (in any case it probably is a very bad idea to spend all disposable or saved income on a luxury phone)? Does it make a monetary difference for the people that already could afford the phone comfortably but now need to spend an additional percent?

1 hour ago, igormp said:

I never saw anyone else other than the 3 people in this topic (including you) that refuse to use a proper charger and instead have cables hanging out of the back of their displays or use laptops as power bricks. Worse yet is that you're mistaking being privileged with being cheap/not wasting money.

You misunderstand.. I have more than enough "proper" chargers. The display thing is just a bonus that I use bcs at that spot it's actually more convenient in comparison to using another AC outlet. However, if you're actually lacking enough "proper" chargers, then yes, there are many many other powered USB ports. And stop trying to frame that as a strange or improper way of charging things, it's completely legit.

1 minute ago, Dracarris said:

Lets assume those 90% not only want but actually need the charger: What do this people gain if manufacturers include chargers but simply increase the price of the phone by the price of a standalone charger?

Hint hint, the same consumer protection bodies that fined apple for not including it will fine then if they increase the prices. In fact, one of the points of the current fine was that the prices were kept the same while including less things.

3 minutes ago, Dracarris said:

That being said, the difference is probably around 1% of the price

It may be 1% of the price for Apple themselves, but for a customer it represents 5% of the phone values (going off the current 20w charger and iphone se prices in the brazillian apple store). That same charger also represents 18% of the minimum wage here.

Also, this is not only about apple, the same sanctions were applied to Samsung, and the company offered chargers for anyone else that asked after purchasing a phone, so the ones that don't want it can simply not ask for it. Allowing such thing to take place would open a precedent for all companies to do so too.

7 minutes ago, Dracarris said:

And stop trying to frame that as a strange or improper way of charging things, it's completely legit.

Sure, it's legit, but it's not how most people are used to or even want to charge their devices (otherwise they wouldn't be asking for charging bricks in the first place).

Lenovo N23 Yoga

4 minutes ago, igormp said:

Sure, it's legit, but it's not how most people are used to or even want to charge their devices (otherwise they wouldn't be asking for charging bricks in the first place).

sounds like an education problem then a problem of them needing more chargers.

14 minutes ago, igormp said:

It may be 1% of the price for Apple themselves, but for a customer it represents 5% of the phone values (going off the current 20w charger and iphone se prices in the brazillian apple store). That same charger also represents 18% of the minimum wage here.

Apple never included 20W chargers with phones. Something comparable to the included charger can be had for 5-10$ which represents 0.5-1.5% of the retail price of an iphone depending on model.

Hint hint, the same consumer protection bodies that fined apple for not including it will fine then if they increase the prices.

Okay so they'll have to wait with the price increase until the next generation of phones - or is Brazil going to dictate the price at which Apple is allowed to sell iphones from now on?

In fact, one of the points of the current fine was that the prices were kept the same while including less things.

So they removed the charger while not chaning the phone model? AFAIK chargers were removed on a generational bump, so "the same" is not true since the phone changed.

31 minutes ago, starsmine said:

sounds like an education problem then a problem of them needing more chargers.

Can you tell me which one is easier to solve in the short time while the harder problem is solved in the long term?

23 minutes ago, Dracarris said:

Apple never included 20W chargers with phones. Something comparable to the included charger can be had for 5-10$ which represents 0.5-1.5% of the retail price of an iphone depending on model.

The 5W one costs the same as the 20W, don't ask me why, but my point still stands.

And again, this is not only about Apple, but applies to all phone manufacturers, and as you said yourself before, it's better if one doesn't buy cheap products, and no better way to have that than having a guaranteed working charger that came with your phone, so a good charger may represent an even higher % of the value of a budget/mid-range phone 🙂 

24 minutes ago, Dracarris said:

Okay so they'll have to wait with the price increase until the next generation of phones

Yes, sadly those things do take time, but there are cases in other markets where companies were fined because they didn't lower prices after making a feature as optional. The last case I can think of was related to flight companies here, took many years but did happen.

26 minutes ago, Dracarris said:

So they removed the charger while not chaning the phone model? AFAIK chargers were removed on a generational bump, so "the same" is not true since the phone changed.

You can see how prices evolve over time, take inflation and currency rates into account and compare those, it's not hard to do something like that, specially when we're talking about a government body responsible for keeping those things in place.

Lenovo N23 Yoga

12 hours ago, starsmine said:

You know damn well I am not talking about power inputs on a laptop. I MEAN I/O
and cool, so you have a USB-C output? where is the issue? 

In front of me my PC has 4 (one busted) USB ports on the front IO of the PC. ALL of them provide power to charge a phone. Laptop I just picked up has 2 USB A and one USB c. only one USB A does not get power from the 5Vsb rail. 
OH WAIT a desktop has rear IO to that can all charge? damn thats a lot of USB charging ports.

So in order to protect muh environment from muh bad ewaste I have to use more power turning on a PC to charge my USB powered devices. The ridiculous arguments of muh protect the environment folks always makes me laugh hard

It doesn't, it must be on charge, you don't even know what you're talking about. And heres another 50 to 100w to replace what a 5w charger could do cause my ewaste bad

BULLLLLLLSHIT
if you travel you would have one.

I don't, I still use a V10 specifically because it lets me swap batteries. Much better than fidling with wires in a car.

Never encountered an hotel with USB ports on their fornitures, so no it's not standard and caring a chargers is more than a garanty then hoping that the hotel your workplace reserved for you has them. And when you're not in an hotel but in a container then what?

No they don't. The ones I buy are only wall sockets and the few I've seen that even dare to include one USB port cost more than the simple power strip.

fuck every router now comes with a USB port to for flashing, guess what, those can slow charge your phone to.

And heres another 20 to 50w to replace your 5w charger, make laugh more eco nut

13 hours ago, Dracarris said:

Excuse me, what?? How can you "run out" of chargers? The only reason is losing them through utter personal carelessness and negligence. For Christs sake take care of your stuff and don't lose it all the time. The oldest chargers I own are 10+ years old and still work dandy fine.

I move a lot, things happen, they get lost.

Ill let know when it'll happen, till then they've served me well

DO NOT BUY CHEAP SHIT

Wouldn't have to buy scary risky chargers if devices came with their own  safe, guranteed to work chargers

8 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

So in order to protect muh environment from muh bad ewaste I have to use more power turning on a PC to charge my USB powered devices. The ridiculous arguments of muh protect the environment folks always makes me laugh hard

You do know what 5VSB is right? its standby, as in your PC does not need to be on. Also the manufacturing, shipping and handling is far more CO2 over a lifetime then using an extra 5kw over a lifetime even assuming worse efficiency, which it isnt necessarily.

11 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

It doesn't, it must be on charge, you don't even know what you're talking about. And heres another 50 to 100w to replace what a 5w charger could do cause my ewaste bad

Yo. how the fuck are you turning off your ps3? stop turning off the surge protector you have it plugged in to. how do you think people charge their duel shock 3? you think people turn on the console just to charge their controller after a long play session? no, its in stand by mode using 1.1W for itself, and whatever watts it needs to charge the controller if it needs it. 50 to 100w my ass. 

Also do you realize all those 5w AC to DC chargers are all only like 50% efficient? its literally often worse then a consoles or PC PSU at that low wattage. 
a pull out your 5w ac to dc charger, look at the input and notice it says shit like 120v .1Amp. HOLY BALLS its pulling 10-12w to put out 5w of dc power. Who knows what power factor those have to, most of them are have dog shit power factors meaning they actually will be pulling 15-20W, but you are not paying for that. ESPECIALLY al those cheap AC to DC chargers from ali express that do not comply with even UL certification for power factor specifications. 

16 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

I don't, I still use a V10 specifically because it lets me swap batteries. Much better than fidling with wires in a car.

so.... digging through your bag to find a battery is easier then plugging in your phone? Now im wondering why this conversation even maters for you since for you, you dont even charge your phone with a usb charger since all you do is swap batteries and charge the one not in the phone.

Also yes, Its SO MUCH EASIER on those 5 hour road trips where the phone is pulling GPS and music streaming duty, to swap out the battery while driving, turn off the phone replug in everything into the gps app of choice then to plug it in at the start and never think about it. 

19 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

Never encountered an hotel with USB ports on their fornitures, so no it's not standard and caring a chargers is more than a garanty then hoping that the hotel your workplace reserved for you has them. And when you're not in an hotel but in a container then what?

dude, even cheap motel 6 or red roof inns have them. Businesses from my experience don't even bother with those bottom tiers, they have a cooperate account with choice, best western, hyatt, marriott or hilton or whatever and just do those for piece of mind. 

A container? what?

25 minutes ago, suicidalfranco said:

I move a lot, things happen, they get lost.

Cool? I have moved 10 times in the last 11 years, between many states, Im not losing chargers left and right. Well, I do, but I find them in a box a month later and go, oh look a charger I never missed and forgot I had cause its for my old LG 930 nitro pro or whatever from 2011 or something that can charge my iphone just fine. 
OH wait that thing has a swappable battery to, such a convenient thing to swap while sending it at 80mph down the interstate. 

5 hours ago, igormp said:

Can you tell me which one is easier to solve in the short time while the harder problem is solved in the long term?

Education honestly. If they know how to use a smart phone, they know how to plug something in. 

Remember the most environmental friendly action is to have a phone that lasts. More waste is spent on the phone itself, and a charger is easily recyclable. 

Just don't buy :^)

Specs: Motherboard: Asus X470-PLUS TUF gaming (Yes I know it's poor but I wasn't informed) RAM: Corsair VENGEANCE® LPX DDR4 3200Mhz CL16-18-18-36 2x8GB

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X          Case: Antec P8     PSU: Corsair RM850x                        Cooler: Antec K240 with two Noctura Industrial PPC 3000 PWM

Drives: Samsung 970 EVO plus 250GB, Micron 1100 2TB, Seagate ST4000DM000/1F2168 GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 ti Black edition