Battlefield 4 "Competitive Gaming" Push/Marketing

Askew

This is hilarious, How can you play a competitive match for money when the game is completely broken, I can tell you if I was a player I would not be wanting to die to complete and utter bullshit in a game with money on the line, Example: I aim on target and shoot at somebody way before they even react only to get no hit markers and for me to die. Yeah OK DICE

thing is a lot of these issues are differnet when on LAN and not playing over the internet

I reckon its much smoother and nicer experiance as there is no network reliance like there is over the net

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Why does everyone use the excuse of it being broken? It was and now they have fixed it.

And the game would be brilliant competitively although I don't know how larger games/maps would work.

As for comparing it to COD and CS, the mechanics of each one is completely different and it comes down to player preference.

Personally I would watch it

I also think that competitive games shouldn't separate their player base with levels and powerups depending on that level and they shouldn't have maps as DLC...

Comp matches are played on non-ranked private servers. All unlocks are open for all. The use of DLC maps depends on player base of each tournament but since Premium is must for hc players anyway I wouldn't be surprices if they are used.

This is hilarious, How can you play a competitive match for money when the game is completely broken, I can tell you if I was a player I would not be wanting to die to complete and utter bullshit in a game with money on the line, Example: I aim on target and shoot at somebody way before they even react only to get no hit markers and for me to die. Yeah OK DICE

The fact that its same wat broken to all makes it playable. The netcode is same for all and veterans know how to adapt into it. Even weapon imbalance (if you can call ACE23 that) is really minor thing. True that its being used since its easy but there's still many other good guns. It was same in BF3 with M16A3 which was really used in one point. It was OP but just a bit. Even then there were notable options depending on which place you played or what style. Like I wasw mainly using M416 which did more damage on mid range but rate of fire was lower. Since I was usually at defence it didn't matter.

Imo (and I've stated this many times) only real thing that is wrong in BF4 comp is map design. It requires serious rules to limit use of vehicles so 8v8 matches would make sense. BF is meant to be played in both inf and vehicle way and forcing all players to use just vehicles makes no sense. If you aren't familiar with comp matches in BF, you basicly need gunner to choppers and tank/apc which in latter doubles as repair.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

The fact that its same wat broken to all makes it playable. The netcode is same for all and veterans know how to adapt into it. 

This is so laughably wrong i don't know where to start. You don't adapt to tripping over a stick and dying. Nor do you adapt to blowing up mid air on invisible metal girder's 200ft up. Dying while vaulting a wall is not adaptable, as is pumping a mag in some1 with hit marker's for them to 180 and 1shotkill you. Adaptation is not the route you take when knifing some1 5 time's from behind and on the 6th time you suddenly warp to the counter knife animation and you die, getting your tag's taken.I could go on and on.... You do not adapt***

As for it being equally broken for all.....nope. For some time now (and to be quite honest i cant remember the last time any happened apart from mid air death's on nothing but what's commonly known as "air") i seem to be on a higher plain of existence reserved for those above the lowly human problem's described in paragraph 1. Yet there are those whose sole existence is to receive all hate, bitterness and unfair play this game can throw at them so i (and other's) can continue to play 99% care free.

**** stories taken from many thread's ive read about bf4 over the months.

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

lots of stufg

Do you play the game? I haven't had any problems in BF4 since the end of Feb when they released the "fixes everything" patch.

I do see a lot of people complain about netcode when it's usually there connection and since feb the optimisation has just got better and better.

For BF to be competitive netcode would have to be fixed first and foremost and ability to host Pro-Mod's of some sort to get rid of all the random *poop* that happens in game that leads to unexpected deaths. 

You can not have random things happening in a competitive game or it quickly just turns into run and gun meat grinders with hardly any strats being done. 

They tried in BF3 and had so many issues with Random deaths and argumentative issues and BF4 is much worse on alot of things. 

We need a Aim down Sight FPS that has decent strategy too it and a good following with Pro-mods ability and some competitive map stylings. 

COD 4 was the last moddable COD game unfortunately. 

If Activision would bring back Mods and ability to host servers in COD one could argue you could build something competitive out of that. 

Problem is everyone's always so worried about their expansions. 

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block

Guys.... you do know that competitive CoD is hosted on a local server right? I'm sure it wouldn't take much to host BF4 on local and that would fix all the lag so it would be good enough. :/

Do you play the game? I haven't had any problems in BF4 since the end of Feb when they released the "fixes everything" patch.

I do see a lot of people complain about netcode when it's usually there connection and since feb the optimisation has just got better and better.

I do play. I'm aiming at his "veterans adapt" illogical thought process. I've personally never had a problem with bf4 and if you read, I state the examples are from stories I've read blah blah...

I just found it terribly wrong he or she stating you adapt. The things I mention are cause and effect. Trip over a stone and die. Playing fine and boom desktop. Cause and effect, not adaptable by any means unless u uninstall the game lol....

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

• 2 weeks later...

To me the idea of a competitive Battlefield game is possible. It would take a lot of work to make BF4 on though.

First on that list is the netcode/hitreg issuse. This must be fixed for anyone to even think about taking the game seriously

next thing to do would be to have maps that don't suck ass. It seem to me that when the designed the maps they thought it would be a good idea to put all the vehicles on all the maps(jet on dawnbreaker WTF)

they also need to go back to the BFBC2 days when there were maps that were designed for a gametype and only one gametype is the same way that CS does.

After that there would need to be massive changes to the amount of shit in the game. All of the lethal explosive nades bar the M67 should be removed(others are ok). The lvg can fuck off, mortars need to be changed in some way(maybe require the player to actually be in the back field with the thing rather than having the pda so that they are far less useful to the team. No ucav and suav, these things are stupid and need to go. Javalins and stingers take no skill so they can fuck off, you know what so can the MBT law. Perk system in my opinion should be changed to more closely resemble bf3. Jets either need to be nerfed to hell as there is not counter to the them or simply removed. The attack helo needs to be more maneuverable and not be shit. No commander mode so that there is no shit like the AC-130(has no right to exist) or the UAV spam. mobile AA needs to be changed so that it is not as effective against aircaft across the map(I hate people who sit in base with these things) and the active radar missile should be flat out removed as there is no skill involved in this weapon( same thing applies to the staff shell.

In general there just need to be less shit in the game so that it is easier to balance and you have less potetntial to have guns that are just flat out worse in every way to another gun( looking at you g36c).

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Are you high, netcode is still an issue. I play at around 20 ping and i die behind cover all the time to even low ping players. That kind of thing is unacceptable in a AAA game. fuck me, even halo 3 off host was better than bf4

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Are you high, netcode is still an issue. I play at around 20 ping and i die behind cover all the time to even low ping players. That kind of thing is unacceptable in a AAA game. fuck me, even halo 3 off host was better than bf4

Yes I don't have any problems and I play at a stable 40ms thats 0.02 of a second difference.

In a tournament you'd be talking private servers where that wouldn't be an issue.

Not saying yours is the case but everyone seems to blame the netcode that it's always EAs fault

Yes I don't have any problems and I play at a stable 40ms thats 0.02 of a second difference.

In a tournament you'd be talking private servers where that wouldn't be an issue.

Not saying yours is the case but everyone seems to blame the netcode that it's always EAs fault

just because you would be playing on private servers does not mean it would be an issue. If you were playing on LAN then it would not be an issue. Technically it would be EAs not letting DICE go crazy and deal with the tic rate issue or actually finish the fucking game in the first place(or make an engine that does not have the issue).

just because you would be playing on private servers does not mean it would be an issue. If you were playing on LAN then it would not be an issue. Technically it would be EAs not letting DICE go crazy and deal with the tic rate issue or actually finish the fucking game in the first place(or make an engine that does not have the issue).

A server that was stable along with a stable connection would make very little difference to playing on LAN.

But of course a LAN game would be better in all cases.

As I've said in it's current conditions its capable for tournaments

Lol, this is precisely part of the problem

A server that was stable along with a stable connection would make very little difference to playing on LAN.

But of course a LAN game would be better in all cases.

Why then is it that on private servers in comp games, netcode is still a thing. The issues as far as I know is not the amount of data being sent but the number of times it is being sent, something a stable connection will not help with

Why then is it that on private servers in comp games, netcode is still a thing. The issues as far as I know is not the amount of data being sent but the number of times it is being sent, something a stable connection will not help with

The amount of times it was sent wouldn't cause problems, if it's repeating data that's a simple fix for Dice anyway

Lol, this is precisely part of the problem

As I've said I have no problems so this makes no sense to what I've said.

The amount of times it was sent wouldn't cause problems, if it's repeating data that's a simple fix for Dice anyway

the data is not repeating. The issue is that the data is not being sent enough times within a set period. This means that you have things happening in between game tics. An example of this is that you could be retreating from a peak and take a bunch of bullets on their screen. if you take the damage between a tic you will not notice it till you are behind the wall, then the hit will register and you die behind the cover. If the tic rate was increased, this would be less of an issue because the hits would have less a chance of occurring in between tics and it would better reflect how the game should play.

Because you're effectively dismissing something doesn't exist because you don't appear to have the problem lol.

Because you're effectively dismissing something doesn't exist because you don't appear to have the problem lol.

No I'm keeping a eye on the official channels

the data is not repeating. The issue is that the data is not being sent enough times within a set period. This means that you have things happening in between game tics. An example of this is that you could be retreating from a peak and take a bunch of bullets on their screen. if you take the damage between a tic you will not notice it till you are behind the wall, then the hit will register and you die behind the cover. If the tic rate was increased, this would be less of an issue because the hits would have less a chance of occurring in between tics and it would better reflect how the game should play.

If you increase the tics you would double the amount of bandwidth used but these problems could be because of a drop of your connection your end, the game has to estimate what happens and that's why the everything is stamped with a time.

I'd rather run behind a wall then the old school way of snapping back to my original position to find out I died, it's smooth

If you increase the tics you would double the amount of bandwidth used but these problems could be because of a drop of your connection your end, the game has to estimate what happens and that's why the everything is stamped with a time.

I'd rather run behind a wall then the old school way of snapping back to my original position to find out I died, it's smooth

I'm pretty sure that my connection is not dropping that much in one game. I'm also sure that bandwidth usage is not that high. I can watch a 1080p video and play without any rubberbanding. They could always make tic rate a server side setting and that would solve your issue with it. At any rate BF4 and BF3 are the only games that have had this issue to this extent and it is not in any way acceptable for a game wanting to be a comp shooter.

That's like saying car accident's are non existent because you've never been in one or seen it and will only acknowledge it when "official channel's" say it's so. It happen's.

So basically you're happy with this unfinished product because you are experiencing none of the problem's people all over the world experience. No offense, but you come across as the type who blindly buy BF's regardless of the all the crap they are pulling.

Replies in italics

1. I don't moan about my vauxhall in a Ford garage and expect Vauxhall to fix it

2. How is it still unfinished? and no I don't buy blindly as I didn't buy it at release as I saw what it was like

And don't insult me.. its pointless

Edit: I'll just tell my friends not to buy the game because it's broken because the internet told me so and I can't formulate an opinion based on my experience and my friends, family and coworkers feedback (spoiler: we don't have any netcode problems)

1. I don't moan about my vauxhall in a Ford garage and expect Vauxhall to fix it 2. How is it still unfinished? and no I don't buy blindly as I didn't buy it at release as I saw what it was like And don't insult me.. its pointless Edit: I'll just tell my friends not to buy the game because it's broken because the internet told me so and I can't formulate an opinion based on my experience and my friends, family and coworkers feedback (spoiler: we don't have any netcode problems)

It's a bit hard for Vauxhall to retroactively patch your car to make it not shit whereas dice can patch a game and make it not shit. We still have netcode problems when I can play aus players who are in the same city as me and still die behind a wall. Fuck, even call of duty has this down pat, hit reg was fine in BL2 as long as the host was not in another country and we were on green bar.

It's a bit hard for Vauxhall to retroactively patch your car

1. Your missing the point I'm making

2. That's what a vehicle TSB and part supersessions are.

Anyway I'm done as we've just gone full circle.

1. I don't moan about my vauxhall in a Ford garage and expect Vauxhall to fix it 2. How is it still unfinished? and no I don't buy blindly as I didn't buy it at release as I saw what it was like And don't insult me.. its pointless Edit: I'll just tell my friends not to buy the game because it's broken because the internet told me so and I can't formulate an opinion based on my experience and my friends, family and coworkers feedback (spoiler: we don't have any netcode problems)

All i saw there was "in my own bubble world the problem doesn't exist, ergo: it doesn't exist at all". Why can't you understand that is wrong ? It's a problem and it exists, no matter how may "no's" you throw at the screen. And nothing in my post came close to anything near what i'd type as an insult lol.