Battlefield 4 "Competitive Gaming" Push/Marketing

Askew

I personally think this is a bit ridiculous.

Battlefield 4™ is built from the ground up to provide a great experience to both competitive gamers and spectators.

No it isn't!!!

The video is getting a lot of negs, and to be honest that doesn't suprise me, the game is very unsuited to competitive play due to it's networking  IMHO.

What do you guys think?

Competitive shooters should either remain on CS's shoulders or someone should make something new specifically designed to be competitive instead of triple A titles with a competitive mode tacked on at the end. Competitive BF4 is just a bad joke.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

Competitive bf4 and cod, eh...

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

I was hyped to see DICE was focusing on the competitive part of Battlefield. However, due to, as you mentioned, the networking it's simply not going to happen. 

What the competitive scene has become is just wankers running around with the ACE 23 anyway. I'm glad I skipped it. 

I also think that competitive games shouldn't separate their player base with levels and powerups depending on that level and they shouldn't have maps as DLC...

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

leave competitive to a game that equally does it right *cough CS *cough* 

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

Competitive bf4 and cod, eh...

Call of duty is better competitive than BF hands down.

Black Ops 2 is more stable to play competitively.

Just no...

Leave it to CS.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Competitive shooters should either remain on CS's shoulders or someone should make something new specifically designed to be competitive instead of triple A titles with a competitive mode tacked on at the end. Competitive BF4 is just a bad joke.

no its not a joke. If you think beyond what is already here.

not changing the game, just changing the way it is competitive!

totally feasible and amazing. TLTW

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

Just no...

Leave it to CS.

I will add that if CS has mad eit to the competitive scene then BF has much much more potential.

But if your limited to present, you cant expect yourself to envision much.

CPU: Ryzen 2600 GPU: RX 6800 RAM: ddr4 3000Mhz 4x8GB  MOBO: MSI B450-A PRO Display: 4k120hz with freesync premium.

It is competitive.(Just not the normal version that we play)
The netcode issues are server related and not inEngine.
On Esport events as well as stuff like E3 the game doesn't have any net code issues.

RTX2070OC 

no its not a joke. If you think beyond what is already here.

not changing the game, just changing the way it is competitive!

totally feasible and amazing. TLTW

I will add that if CS has mad eit to the competitive scene then BF has much much more potential.

Have you followed esports before battlefield? CS has made it to the field because it is a game with depth. No gimmicky features and mechanics nobody uses but it is a game that you truly have to think before you act. Anybody can play BF4 and do well but nobody can pick up CS and do well. CS is a game that has a very tall skill ceiling and it takes years to fully master the economy(a feature that does not even exist in BF), shooting, and anticipating where and when enemies will strike you back. BF4 has been run and gun from the beginning and adding a bomb defusal mode won't change that.

Actually no.It has less potential,because CS has much more barebone gameplay,which is  way harder to master.than run,gun&pray.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

The netcode issues are server related and not inEngine.

There are issues with the Client also, DICE has admitted that the core game is "Broken"

There are issues with the Client also, DICE has admitted that the core game is "Broken"

They are a lot more forthcoming with the issues with BF4 on the BF4 Reddit page.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Battlefield_4

Call of duty is better competitive than BF hands down.

Black Ops 2 is more stable to play competitively.

Compare even that to something like CS. It had a few years development, CS has had years upon years, BF4 has had less and tere still trying to push it on people. Load of BS, cod 4 pro mod is also one of those highly refined shooters.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Have you followed esports before battlefield? CS has made it to the field because it is a game with depth. No gimmicky features and mechanics nobody uses but it is a game that you truly have to think before you act. Anybody can play BF4 and do well but nobody can pick up CS and do well. CS is a game that has a very tall skill ceiling and it takes years to fully master the economy(a feature that does not even exist in BF), shooting, and anticipating where and when enemies will strike you back. BF4 has been run and gun from the beginning and adding a bomb defusal mode won't change that.

It also made it in, like most esports, because of a hardcore fan base. Starcraft, dota both came in with people who had played the shit out of them. You need a lot of people who are dedicated to making it happen. Buying into an esport like the later cods and bfs just doesn't work.

Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof.

As I get older I get angrier more cynical, meaner. I feel some warning posts coming. I feel a ban coming. I was warned.

CPU-i5 2400 GPU-Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 OC Mobo-H67MA-D2H-B3 Ram-G.Skill Ripjaws 8gb 1333mhz Case-Fractal Define R4 PSU-Corsair CX750 Storage-Samsung EVO 250gb, 1tb WD Black,Hitachi 1tb Other stuff-Corsair K90, M90 Cooling-3x 140mm Fractal fans Sound-Sennheiser HD438 headphones

Compare even that to something like CS. It had a few years development, CS has had years upon years, BF4 has had less and tere still trying to push it on people. Load of BS, cod 4 pro mod is also one of those highly refined shooters.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to compare COD to CS. ^_^

Have you followed esports before battlefield? CS has made it to the field because it is a game with depth. No gimmicky features and mechanics nobody uses but it is a game that you truly have to think before you act. Anybody can play BF4 and do well but nobody can pick up CS and do well. CS is a game that has a very tall skill ceiling and it takes years to fully master the economy(a feature that does not even exist in BF), shooting, and anticipating where and when enemies will strike you back. BF4 has been run and gun from the beginning and adding a bomb defusal mode won't change that.

You are trully newb or possibly noob in battlefield.

Not if I take the time to make it relevant, which I dont.

True, now you are just being a dick.

This is hilarious, How can you play a competitive match for money when the game is completely broken, I can tell you if I was a player I would not be wanting to die to complete and utter bullshit in a game with money on the line, Example: I aim on target and shoot at somebody way before they even react only to get no hit markers and for me to die. Yeah OK DICE

CPU: Intel i5 4670K 4.4GHZ  GPU: EVGA Superclocked+ GTX 980 Ti ACX 2.0+ 1446Mhz +35mV  MB: MSI Z87 GD65 GAMING Custom Matte Black Painted Chipset and VRM Heatsinks  RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB CL8 (1600MHZ)  CPU Cooler: Full Custom PETG loop with HardwLabs Black Ice Rads 1x280mm 1x360mm, EKWB CPU Acetal Nickel GPU Block  SSD: SanDisk ULTRA II 480GB HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Blue  PSU: Corsair AX760 80+PLATINUM with Black Cable Mods Singular Sleeved Cables  Case: Corsair Obsidian 450D 3 Intake 3 Exhaust Notcua NF-A14 LTT EDITION  Mouse: Logitech G502 1750DPI Keyboard: Cooler Master Quickfire TK MX Blue Monitor: BENQ XL2411T 144HZ Headset : Logitech G430 7.1 Case Fans: LTT EDITION Noctuas 4 x 140mm & 2x 120mm all with white Chromax Anti-vibration pads Mouse Pad: Cooler Master CM Storm Speed-RX M