NZXT Teaser Countdown (Multicolored H440/Phantom 240?)

ChrisxIxCross

So, on NZXT's website, they are teasing a "color" form of a recent case. IMO I don't think it's a new chassis. Look at the teaser - it's two different cases. Without a doubt that's an H440 on the left and a Phantom on the right. Also look closely at what is colored. Both are base black chassis and the color changing parts are plastic trim areas. We also know that NZXT does not screw around when it comes to coming up with crazy ideas. They do not have brakes. I think we're about to get an entire RAINBOW of options for the H440 and Phantom 240. In my opinion there are two ways they could do this, either they are going to use some sort of rgb LEDs under translucent plastic or sell a base chassis without any colored trim and allow you to purchase a bundle with whichever color accents you'd like. It doesn't make much sense to release a rainbow of skus if you're just going to change the plastic trim. You'd have all sorts of issues with certain colours selling out and others sitting around in inventory. What do you guys think? 

Link - http://www.nzxt.com/teaser/

w6qivEW.png

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

Just as long as there's white. If there's not white, I'm going to type a strongly worded response when I find out.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

I doubt it's trims unless they have changed the design of the case. The H440 red accents don't seem to be easy to remove by any stretch of the imagination

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

I doubt it's trims unless they have changed the design of the case. The H440 red accents don't seem to be easy to remove by any stretch of the imagination

The trims themselves no, but the top and front panels that have the trims attached are removable/ could be easily swapped.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

I think they've created a system to lighting the trim a different way. For example, the parts that are changing colors are acrylic with LEDs behind them. So instead of them making 20 different models, the H440 and Phantom 240 (you were correct on both) are going to have some "new" lighting system.

The only other possible option is new Trim Kits, that not only come with different colors (or are translucent) but also come with they're NZXT Hue system, or a new iteration of it. This way, people that own these 2 chassis now have better color options.

As you said it, you hit the bullseye.. NZXT doesn't mess around. They don't half-ass any projects. I'm pretty excited now.

Thanks for the post!

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

I think they've created a system to lighting the trim a different way. For example, the parts that are changing colors are acrylic with LEDs behind them. So instead of them making 20 different models, the H440 and Phantom 240 (you were correct on both) are going to have some "new" lighting system.

The only other possible option is new Trim Kits, that not only come with different colors (or are translucent) but also come with they're NZXT Hue system, or a new iteration of it. This way, people that own these 2 chassis now have better color options.

As you said it, you hit the bullseye.. NZXT doesn't mess around. They don't half-ass any projects. I'm pretty excited now.

Thanks for the post!

No probem! If they sell trim kits with some kind of led system, that would be PERFECT. I would literally never have to consider buying a new case for a good long while! :D 

Just as long as there's white. If there's not white, I'm going to type a strongly worded response when I find out.

isn't there already a white H440? ._.

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

Well Phantom 820 has a built in HUE... So I don't think it will be anything like that.. But whatever it is, I hope it has ball'in RAD support. I will say looks like H440 though 

The bezels are changing in the teaser, so really that can mean only one thing. They just like the black and red H440 version, there will be a green and black version, orange and black version, blue and black version etc. It's not like they are trying to trick the minds of the consumer, its pretty self explanatory what what they are releasing and it clearly has nothing to do with LEDs. Just saying.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

Well Phantom 820 has a built in HUE... So I don't think it will be anything like that.. But whatever it is, I hope it has ball'in RAD support. I will say looks like H440 though 

Did you read anything in this thread?

We already confirmed what 2 cases they are. And the Phantom 820 has nothing to do with this teaser. The two cases in the teaser don't have the HUE system.

Then again, this may not have anything to do with Lighting whatsoever.

Who knows... 3 days.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

isn't there already a white H440? ._.

Yeah. I meant that they better not do away with that one when these come out. I'm hoping they don't replace that with these.

Case: NZXT H500i. Motherboard: Asus Prime Z390-A. CPU: i7 9700k OC @ 5.0GHz. GPU: EVGA 2080 FTW3 CPU Cooler: NZXT X62. Memory: G. Skill Ripjaws 32Gb 3200mhz. Storage: 1TB Samsung 840 EVO SSD /  120GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD  /  WD Caviar Black 3TB / WD Caviar Green 4TB. . PSU: Corsair AX760. Monitor: 2x Acer XB270HU. Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB. Mouse: Corsair Glaive. 

Yeah. I meant that they better not do away with that one when these come out. I'm hoping they don't replace that with these.

Oh I see what you mean. All good, I understand now :D

Current Build: Case: Define R4 White/Window CPU: i5 3470 @4.0Ghz GPU: GTX 680 DCUII +500Mhz(Mem) Cooler: Hyper 212 EVO Monitor: Acer Monitor 1920x1080 MOBO: Asrock Z77 Extreme 4 Storage: 2TB HDD, 120GB 840 EVO (OS)

Future Build: 4670K, GTX 780 MSI TwinFrozr OC, Z87X-D3H, 8GB @1866Mhz, 120GB SSD, 1TB HDD, 750D, RM 650W, Custom Loop. White/Blue/Black Colour Scheme. I literally cannot wait *_*

I originally posted a topic about this here. I don't mind as it lost a lost a lot of steam, but just linking it anyway for added speculations. Also a topic on someone finding a green and black h440 here.

This will go great with a nzxt hue and corsair rgb, bleeding rainbows everywhere.

I wonder if they will try to do something like integrate a nzxt hue kit into the case in certain spots like the top of the case inside and out

See, no LEDS, just paint

430113_155507_02_front_zoom_zpsb900d626.430113_155507_06_front_zoom_zps9af98359.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

The trims themselves no, but the top and front panels that have the trims attached are removable/ could be easily swapped.

Swaping the entire panels might end up costing alot. Also, you're forgetting the psu cover area.

Seperate SKUs for each colour seem much more likely.

i7-4790k | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | MX100 256gb     | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 White
G3258    | Asus Z97i-Plus     | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | 4 x 3TB WD Reds | Seidon 120XL | Silverstone SFX 600w Gold | Node 304 Black

i7-965EE | Rampage II Extreme | Kingston HyperX Fury 16gb | CM M2 700w | Sapphire Nitro 380 4GB

430113_155507_06_front_zoom.jpg

Anyone hoping for RGB LEDs or something on the H440 will be sadly mistaken. Just a paint job. In one of their "Special Edition Colors." We will see if they are smart enough to add a white or grey trim option...

EDIT: Ninja'd by ericlee30.  :ph34r: Think your daughter will like that black and green?

Anyone hoping for RGB LEDs or something on the H440 will be sadly mistaken. Just a paint job. In one of their "Special Edition Colors." We will see if they are smart enough to add a white or grey trim option...

EDIT: Ninja'd by ericlee30.  :ph34r: Think your daughter will like that black and green?

:ph34r: Didn't mean to bro :) I'm Ordering the green and black one for my wife on Monday :D. Ever since we got the black and white version for our daughter she was hoping they would come out with a green and black version for herself lol.

And I JUST bought an 810 Switch. god damn it.

Enthoo Primo - ASUS Maximus Formula VII - 4790k 4.8ghz 1.28v - EK Supremacy Evo Clean - 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical - 1000w EVGA Supernova Gold - 2x Alphacool Monsta Rads in push/pull - 2x Galaxy 780 HoF with EK waterblock

Build Log http://imgur.com/a/UV6Wh Just want to warn everyone, my build log is pretty mediocre.

i wanted a h440 but wanted blakc and blue so this works out well

Main Rig: CPU: 3570k Mobo: ga-z77x-ud5h-wb :RAM: 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 :gpu crossfire amd 290's Case: zalman z9 plus Cooler: h80i p/p SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb wd green 4tb seagate desktop                                              

Girlfirends: CPU: 8350 Mobo 990fxa-ud3 Ram 8gb kingson ddr3 1600 gpu: his 7850 case: inwin dragon rider SSD: nutron 120gb HDD: 2tb seagate                                                                                                                                         

Is the H440 actually worth getting? I've really wanted it but I've been hearing that apparently the fans are really loud and the drive mounts vibrate like hell.

Specs are on my profile page

Teach a man to fish and he ends up sticking a screw driver in a turned on power supply seeing if it still works.        #KilledMyWifeWithABomb            Resolution is just a number

Finally! This kinda makes it look less like a refridgerator.

Help me I'm surrounded by morons.