Why the hell I'm I getting only 145 fps (avg.) and stuttering on Minecraft with my 6700XT!?!?!

SOX_XVJ
Go to solution Solved by Pixelfie,

Also they just updated their OpenGL drivers. They say up to 91% in a blog post iirc, but for me I actually got very close to 3x in Minecraft.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-7-1

Is there a solution for this problem because it's bothering me. Unless I'm expecting more power from a 6700XT on Minecraft?

1 minute ago, FireDrop01 said:

Is there a solution for this problem because it's bothering me. Unless I'm expecting more power from a 6700XT on Minecraft?

what cpu you got

2 minutes ago, person123456789 said:

what cpu you got

Ryzen 5 5600X

7 minutes ago, person123456789 said:

using any texture packs or mods?

Nope.

AMD has awful OpenGL drivers and have had that for decades. This makes anything that uses OpenGL perform like crap, even if it's held back by the CPU.

They're working on this, and people say the next driver might have the update, though I think it will be around the same time Windows 11 22H2 releases.

What you can try while waiting for this update is some mods. Sodium, Lithium and Starlight should boost performance. Keep in mind that they aren't compatible with Optifine. For me I went from about 60-150 to 300+ using a 10400F and RX 6600.

Edited by Pixelfie

1 minute ago, Pixelfie said:

AMD has awful OpenGL drivers and have had that for decades. This makes anything that uses OpenGL perform like crap, even if it's held back by the CPU.

They're working on this, and people say the next driver might have the update, though I think it will be around the same time Windows 11 22H2 releases.

What you can try while waiting for this update is some mods. Sodium, Lithium and Phosphor should boost performance. For me I went from about 60-150 to 300+ using a 10400F and RX 6600.

get starlight instead of phosphor

1 minute ago, person123456789 said:

get starlight instead of phosphor

Didn't know that had a stable version now, last time I checked it was still in alpha. Definitely recommend it over Phosphor in that case.

If you aren't using OPTIFINE I also recommend that. Seems to clean up some of the processing of the game.  Used it on my nephews AthlonX4 and it made a good bit of difference. Now even on that ancient thing (DDR2 lol and paired with a 1060 lmao was my dad's old card he got in pre built for the CPU and upgraded the GPU.) It made a good improvement in average and 1% lows. Your CPU and GPU should be more than fine. Even my phone runs MC at 60+.

Seems average, the 6700XT ain’t that great 

Phone 1 (Daily Driver): Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G

Phone 2 (Work): Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G 256gb

Laptop 1 (Production): 16" MBP2019, i7, 5500M, 32GB DDR4, 2TB SSD

Laptop 2 (Gaming): Toshiba Qosmio X875, i7 3630QM, GTX 670M, 16GB DDR3

18 minutes ago, RoseLuck462 said:

Seems average, the 6700XT ain’t that great 

compared to what?  A 3090TI?

A 6700XT is a damned solid card.  You just hate AMD.

Try some of this, maybe the JVM optimizations first: https://minecraft.fandom.com/wiki/Tutorials/Improving_frame_rate

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 Elite V2 | RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 750 G3 | Monitor: LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 | 
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT | Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K | Case: Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage: MP510 960gb and 860 Evo 500gb | Cooling: CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price. 

-> Moved to PC Gaming

Please mind where you are posting.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

On 7/18/2022 at 10:15 PM, VesperMoirai said:

If you aren't using OPTIFINE I also recommend that. Seems to clean up some of the processing of the game.  Used it on my nephews AthlonX4 and it made a good bit of difference. Now even on that ancient thing (DDR2 lol and paired with a 1060 lmao was my dad's old card he got in pre built for the CPU and upgraded the GPU.) It made a good improvement in average and 1% lows. Your CPU and GPU should be more than fine. Even my phone runs MC at 60+.

Performs worse than a sodium+lithium+starlight combo and also isn't compatible with some mods since closed source

If you are using curseforge you can force it. I had too for shader mods... always had good results on both AMD and Nvidia cards. 

Try Sodium Iris, it's better than optifine from my experience, limit your FPS to slightly above your screen refresh rate and also turn on FreeSync on your monitor if you have it.

Make sure btw you've also got enough RAM for your view distance.

Oh yeah, as Elijah said. If you are using Java Edition make sure you go to Launch Options and Allocate more ram to the game. I think default is only like 1 or 2GB. I've managed to use like 6GB RAM depending on how fast I was going through the world or how cluttered it was.

12 hours ago, Pixelfie said:

Also they just updated their OpenGL drivers. They say up to 91% in a blog post iirc, but for me I actually got very close to 3x in Minecraft.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-22-7-1

Works on 6700XT right? (Don’t have my pc at the moment to test around). On AMD’s graph it only say’s some graphics cards:E82F8CEE-0018-451F-A815-748910D02EEB.thumb.jpeg.cc6e857bcaa1aa469499fb5e913d298b.jpeg

4 minutes ago, FireDrop01 said:

Works on 6700XT right? (Don’t have my pc at the moment to test around). On AMD’s graph it only say’s some graphics cards:E82F8CEE-0018-451F-A815-748910D02EEB.thumb.jpeg.cc6e857bcaa1aa469499fb5e913d298b.jpeg

Yes, anything that's supported by the driver, so RX 400 and up.