how do i get lower ping? what do i buy do get lower ping? do i call my isp for lower ping?

johnny668687

why does my internet drop? i have to reset the modem in order to fix it is it the modems fault? if i buy the Motorola MB8611 DOCSIS 3.1 Multi-Gig Cable Modem | Pairs with Any WiFi Router | Approved for Comcast Xfinity, Cox Gigablast, Spectrum | 2.5 Gbps Port | 2500 Mbps Max Internet Speeds for xfinity. will it fix internet speed drops?

1 hour ago, johnny668687 said:

why does my internet drop? i have to reset the modem in order to fix it is it the modems fault? if i buy the Motorola MB8611 DOCSIS 3.1 Multi-Gig Cable Modem | Pairs with Any WiFi Router | Approved for Comcast Xfinity, Cox Gigablast, Spectrum | 2.5 Gbps Port | 2500 Mbps Max Internet Speeds for xfinity. will it fix internet speed drops?

No. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

2 hours ago, johnny668687 said:

why does my internet drop?

Probably a signal issue. You need to call Comcast to confirm, they likely will need to send a tech out to change shit out. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

it only happened when i kept resetting the modem is it the modem? is it the cables?

1 minute ago, johnny668687 said:

it only happened when i kept resetting the modem is it the modem? is it the cables?

May stop messing with things…

Leave everything alone for a week, if things break, try and actually diagnose the issue instead of just trying everything at once, you can’t figure out what is wrong if you always assume literally we everything is broken. 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

23 minutes ago, johnny668687 said:

is it the modem? is it the cables? 

You don’t read the posts people post do you? I would love if you read the post right above because I tell you what to do. 

How do we get a mod to just lock this thread? It remaining at the top of this sub forum is just a waste of everyone’s time. 

40 minutes ago, johnny668687 said:

is it the modem? is it the cables? 

Without looking at your signals, who the fuck knows. Like I told you, you can call Comcast and they can check that or you can log in to your modem and check it out for yourself. Either way, without knowing how good your signals are we cant provide a diagnosis. 

My advice to you is to stop poking and prodding your equipment and see what happens. Also nothing you do will lower your ping so just keep that in mind. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

-= Topic Locked =-

There is point to everything, a solution to all problems.

Yours has been answered, many, many times. This thread is has come to its conclusion. 

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER