how do i get lower ping? what do i buy do get lower ping? do i call my isp for lower ping?

johnny668687
3 minutes ago, johnny668687 said:

im trying to buy fiber so i can lower my ping will that 80 dollar plan lower ping? or that is not real fiber?

It will not lower your ping

2 minutes ago, johnny668687 said:

what do u mean fiber does lower ping

Your ping is moreso determined by service provider, not medium.

no, fiber will lower ping since my friend used to get 30 ping but now gets 5 ping after switching to fiber

5 minutes ago, johnny668687 said:

no, fiber will lower ping since my friend used to get 30 ping but now gets 5 ping after switching to fiber

Ok. Since you clearly know best, and you ignore the responses given to you in this and many other threads you've started about this, why do you keep asking us the same questions over and over?

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

57 minutes ago, johnny668687 said:

What do you have right now? And if this goes fiber to the node and coax to your house, it may be a little faster, but unless its true fiber to the house, it may not be much of a difference. The difference is when you get fiber to the house, 

Rig: i7 13700k - - Asus Z790-P Wifi - - RTX 4080 - - 4x16GB 6000MHz - - Samsung 990 Pro 2TB NVMe Boot + Main Programs - - Assorted SATA SSD's for Photo Work - - Corsair RM850x - - Sound BlasterX EA-5 - - Corsair XC8 JTC Edition - - Corsair GPU Full Cover GPU Block - - XT45 X-Flow 420 + UT60 280 rads - - EK XRES RGB PWM - - Fractal Define S2 - - Acer Predator X34 -- Logitech G502 - - Logitech G710+ - - Logitech Z5500 - - LTT Deskpad

Headphones/amp/dac: Schiit Lyr 3 - - Fostex TR-X00 - - Sennheiser HD 6xx

Homelab/ Media Server: Proxmox VE host - - 512 NVMe Samsung 980 RAID Z1 for VM's/Proxmox boot - - Xeon e5 2660 V4- - Supermicro X10SRF-i - - 128 GB ECC 2133 - - 10x4 TB WD Red RAID Z2 - - Corsair 750D - - Corsair RM650i - - Dell H310 6Gbps SAS HBA - - Intel RES2SC240 SAS Expander - - TreuNAS + many other VM’s

iPhone 14 Pro - 2018 MacBook Air

is that 80 dollar fiber plan real fiber? or no someone said that the 80 dollar fiber plan is not real fiber since the download and upload speed is not the same. is it real fiber or not?

No it's not real fiber, it's coax.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

will it lower ping? or i need to buy the 300 dollar fiber plan to lower ping

It MIGHT lower ping on the gigabit pro plan for $300/month + install fees and we're talking a couple ms.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

what about the 80 dollar fiber plan?

Sure, why not

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Yes, I used my crystal ball and magically traced the packets from your location to this server and it lowers ping.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

your trolling...

no, I merged your Xfiniti fiber question into your ping thread because its the only thing you care about and keep making new threads centered around the same topic. I just didn't care enough to leave you a message letting you know since by know you should know the rules regarding this. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

2 hours ago, johnny668687 said:

is that 80 dollar fiber plan real fiber? or no someone said that the 80 dollar fiber plan is not real fiber since the download and upload speed is not the same. is it real fiber or not?

Comcast/Xfinity is a CABLE provider. They provide services on a hybrid Fiber Coax network using the Docsis standard created by cable labs. The fact of the matter is, no the $80 is NOT Fiber. The only Fiber to the home product Comcast offers is the Gigabit x6 product, which costs $300 a month, along with the construction costs of $1000. You also have to be within 1/3 mile of the Fiber network and they need to have a Fiber available for you to even get it. You have to actually call and talk to a human being to order it. Furthermore you probably will have to spend 20 min to multiple calls getting someone who actually knows that Comcast offers such a product their customers. After you call, a human has to go out and verify your address vs where the Fiber actually is. If your in luck I think construction takes 8 weeks (Read that somewheres and that was pre covid). 

If you dont like the lack of options in terms of internet providers in your area I suggest you file a complaint with you elected representatives. That complaint will fall on deaf ears because the providers have bought off your elected representatives but thats pretty much your only recourse. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

3 minutes ago, Donut417 said:

If you dont like the lack of options in terms of internet providers in your area I suggest you file a complaint with you elected representatives. That complaint will fall on deaf ears because the providers have bought off your elected representatives but thats pretty much your only recourse.

SAY IT LOUDER

2 hours ago, johnny668687 said:

will the 80 dollar fiber plan lower ping?

Sorry if this isn't the answer you're looking for.

Rather than ask strangers on the internet, why don't you contact xfinity and explain to them you would like to have lower ping. They are best equipped to answer the question you have asked 10+ times here. All we can do here is speculate.

31 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

SAY IT LOUDER

There was an article posted on DSLreports.com. It was talking about how some recent US Supreme Court decisions have limited Federal regulators but moved that power to the states. I have a feeling that if people pressure state governments and local governments that more regulation and forced competition could happen. I mean California already has with is NN law. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

i have an xfinity modem if i use that will it lower ping? or i am better off using my own separate router and modem?