Lttstore pricing

averagecdn

If LTTstore is located in Canada, why are all of the prices in USD? I would think that a Canadian company would offer pricing in CAD for shipping and the items...

Does it take very much to make the page load in CAD if your visitor is from Canada or at least give them the option to view and pay in Canadian funds.

Just asking cause this reason only keeps me from ordering anything.

the majority of customers are in the USA.

Your credit card will deal with tranlating from USD for you, you don't have to do anything.  Why is that a hurdle?  

On 6/15/2022 at 9:19 PM, averagecdn said:

Then you clearly aren't very interested in ordering anything and it would be a waste of time for them to change the store to accommodate you. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

On 6/15/2022 at 10:19 PM, averagecdn said:

If LTTstore is located in Canada, why are all of the prices in USD? I would think that a Canadian company would offer pricing in CAD for shipping and the items...

Does it take very much to make the page load in CAD if your visitor is from Canada or at least give them the option to view and pay in Canadian funds.

Unfortunately the Canadian government makes things very complicated, it the economic case for shipping out of the USA and Canada doesn't add up.  

I think it is reasonable that a company in Canada with the majority of its market in the USA, primarily sells to American consumers but still is able to process and fulfill Canadian orders as well.  It's not ideal, but it is what it is.

Have you ever ordered from an American company before?  Is it that much harder for you to order from a website that shows the prices in USD?  

What if LTT store had it's own Canadian warehouse and website with prices that reflected the added effort of supplying the Canadian market, and those prices where higher on the .ca site compared to ordering from the .com and having those US dollar prices converted to Canadian dollars?  Would you still order from the more expensive .ca site?

I think its a silly reason to not order but I do understand the annoyance of not having a button to change funds from USD to CAD when many other sites have exactly that, just a button to switch. But to reiterate its a silly reason to not order

for any payment in a other money than my own, I usually prefer using PayPal, the fees a far less than the one from Visa or MasterCard and my own bank

On 6/17/2022 at 11:38 AM, tkitch said:

the majority of customers are in the USA.

Your credit card will deal with tranlating from USD for you, you don't have to do anything.  Why is that a hurdle?  

while yes it will convert.. it has nothing to do with that... I am Canadian, if I order i have to pay 25-30% more than the American customers.

1 minute ago, averagecdn said:

while yes it will convert.. it has nothing to do with that... I am Canadian, if I order i have to pay 25-30% more than the American customers.

Explain how you pay 25-30% more? 

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

2 hours ago, averagecdn said:

2 hours ago, Spotty said:

Explain how you pay 25-30% more? 

This^^^. I'm am genuinely curious to know as well.

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

3 hours ago, averagecdn said:

I do conversions in my head on a regular basis to convert from UK Pounds to USD.  It's not that much of a stretch, and if I *need* more accuracy?  Google will tell me in 2.3 seconds.

So based on your logic here, does that mean Japanese fans have to pay 100x as much as americans?  (100 yen = 1USD)

18 hours ago, averagecdn said:

I know what you meant with this but thats simply not how it works. Just because they base their operation in Canada doesnt mean they set their prices based on CAD, they base them on USD as that is how they conduct most of their commerce. They buy their materials to make the product in USD, the pricing for their manufacturing likely is based off the USD and their income will I bet be mostly in USD so they set their prices using it. We dont have to like it but the reality the mass market specifically in North America is based off the USD. Would you feel better if the pricing for a shirt was listed on the site at 27.99 CAD and then when an American customer buys the shirt then they see a lower price on their end because its paid using USD. Im Canadian but in the world of online shopping I have become very used to shopping in USD with many retailers. Its not cheating you or anything, its just the most logical way for many retailers to price goods.

On the Global Scale you arent paying MORE, you are paying different. Lets look at it like this. You are going to buy a car thats $50,000 USD but you are going to use precious metals to do it. You can pay in Gold if you give them 27.18 ounces, if you use silver its going to be 2307.39 ounces. Did you pay more in silver, no its just worth less so you needed more. Same thing applies here, the CAD is worth less globally than the USD so thats why you need more of it for the same purchase. It might not be a perfect example but hopefully you get the point 

Yeah LTT stuff hurts extra for Canadians.

Generally I feel like it's worth it, but ymmv.  My wan hoodie v1 is still in great shape

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers