Conversation with Seasonic.

hamilton21017

Regarding updates to the model after 2021.
I would like your feedback on this statement.

zfS0Ajj.jpg

DfFTqGE.jpg

TFfSbhS.jpg

Looks like their PR can speak English and they did everything they can to help a nightmare customer.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

What pictures did you even ask for? I find it completely normal that a company won't sent photos of (the internals of) products to random people contacting tech support. I'm also not sure your "you are obligated to inform me, I'm a user" is true. As people said in your other thread: you are talking to customer service who likely do not know about and are not for these things. There they also explained the issue was probably fixed, which was also pointed out may well fly under the radar given the complexity of the production chain. Since you are not experiencing an issue with your new model I don't think they have any obligation to talk to you about potential issues with older models and differences between the two.

I would let it go. There's pretty much zero chance you as a random customer will talk to the engineers or get photos that you can't find online already.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

"I am a user.  We request a prompt response. "

What you are is a joke. 

Nobody is obligated to do anything. 

Manufacturers are allowed to change components as long as the technical specifications advertised don't change significantly. For example some brands even have lists with acceptable replacements for various parts (ex IF this brand and series 3300uF 16v capacitor can not be sourced, then this brand and series  OR this brand and series is acceptable replacement) 

If they change the fan they're not obligated to tell you, because they probably did the math and determined the replacement fan produced around the same amount of cooling.

Let it go.

5 minutes ago, tikker said:

What pictures did you even ask for? I find it completely normal that a company won't sent photos of (the internals of) products to random people contacting tech support. I'm also not sure your "you are obligated to inform me, I'm a user" is true. As people said in your other thread: you are talking to customer service who likely do not know about and are not for these things. There they also explained the issue was probably fixed, which was also pointed out may well fly under the radar given the complexity of the production chain. Since you are not experiencing an issue with your new model I don't think they have any obligation to talk to you about potential issues with older models and differences between the two.

I would let it go. There's pretty much zero chance you as a random customer will talk to the engineers or get photos that you can't find online already.

>There's pretty much zero chance you as a random customer will talk to the engineers or get photos that you can't find online already.

Is it 100% impossible?
I said, "There are aliens, right?" I didn't ask.
It wouldn't be a critical situation, would it?

1 minute ago, hamilton21017 said:

New text received.

I think their answer is pretty clear. They are not going to give you what you *think* you deserve. Stop beating a dead horse. You are not making any allies here or there with all of your demands and calls of injustice.

17 minutes ago, hamilton21017 said:

>There's pretty much zero chance you as a random customer will talk to the engineers or get photos that you can't find online already.

Is it 100% impossible?

Probably not 100% impossible, but highly highly unlikely.

17 minutes ago, hamilton21017 said:

I said, "There are aliens, right?" I didn't ask.

It wouldn't be a critical situation, would it?

You didn't give us much to work with, so I went off the first sentence of their reply: "we are unable to provide the pictures asked". And no, sharing information such as internal photos or relatively minor updates is not something that is usually done. It's not as critical as, say, sharing the specs of a tank on a forum, but the have a solid point: there are likely plenty of pictures around from reviews, what is wrong with those? Any details that those didn't cover and are "classified" you are unlikely to get.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

*** Thread locked ***

You have been told to let this obsession with Seasonic be.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv