Apple's letting anyone help test its next OS X update

Apple is suddenly taking a much more open approach to testing its desktop operating system. For the first time in years, the company is inviting regular consumers to help test upcoming OS X software updates before they're distributed publicly. Apple says the OS X Beta Seed Program will allow anyone to "test-drive beta software and provide quality and usability feedback that will help make OS X even better." In recent years, Apple has offered beta tests for individual apps like FaceTime and Safari, but it hasn't offered a public OS X beta program since way back in 2000 — and even then it charged users $29.95 to take part. This time it's free and open to everyone, so long as you're 18 or older and have an Apple ID.

To enroll, you'll need to sign a fairly serious confidentiality agreement that forbids you from spilling details on new features early. "Don’t blog, post screen shots, tweet or publicly post information about the pre-release Apple software, and don't discuss the pre-release Apple software with or demonstrate it to others who are not in the OS X Beta Seed Program," warns Apple.

Very cool, I am excited to find this out. I myself own a Mac Mini and am going to opt in when I get the chance. I can't wait to see some new features in the works.

Source: http://www.theverge.com/2014/4/22/5641006/apple-letting-anyone-help-test-next-os-x-update

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

That is pretty cool stuff :)

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

I remember back when MS opened up beta testing to users.  Back then it was a status type thing "I'm beta testing for MS" *huffs on back of hand and polishes knuckles on shirt*.  I wonder if the same self importance will be adopted by OS X testers?

I mean, it could go either way couldn't it? either ashamed to admit your doing it or super proud to be part of such an important developmental stage of an OS.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I am going to need to hackintosh my next build and dual boot windows, I miss OS X :(

Sweet. Got my first MacBook last month so I'll check this out for sure.