I stopped looking IT equipment, but buying them was my only satisfaction

frozensun

So as always, all you want is sympathy, and not actually constructive messages.

You've deadlocked yourself into a cycle of: "This is my life and I can't do anything about it, feel sorry for me."

As I said before, it takes extreme willpower to overcome an addiction, and first and foremost, you have to be willing and wanting to break it.

I think you recognize the addiction, but you are more concerned about the prices of components coming down so that you can afford to not change your habits. You are unwilling to get out of the habit, or improve on your income prospects so that you can keep going with the increasing prices. Thus, you have taken the backseat, and waiting from some higher power to steer the wheel for you.

It's your life, play it as you will, but whining and crying on the floor to get what you want only works when somebody is there to pamper you. Perhaps finding another girlfriend to present you the latest GPU is the only "quick" method to get you up and running, but whether you can sustain a relationship on such grounds is doubtful.

To the OP:

I know how you feel right now.  While I could really make my computing experience marginally better if I had a THREADRIPPER 5000 PRO with PRO grade AMD graphics, an Nvidia card for CUDA and a NVIDIA gaming GPU to passthrough ... I'll just live with a Ryzen 5000 APU a 1080 and a 3080 for pass through. 

The hard part can be just being... satisfied with what would otherwise be a really OP kick ass computer.   Ironically you can take a word from Linus on this.  When it comes to his daily driver computer he wants to use his computer not tinker with it. 

If you have a working computer that does everything you need with lots of headroom just learn to be happy with it. 

6 hours ago, Sauron said:

I couldn't afford a GTX 480 when it came out

60$ or less on eBay now lol

On 5/12/2022 at 6:32 AM, frozensun said:

want to know how you deal with this and hope

I have to justify the purchase internally. Like I literally talk to myself. "Do I need it?" "Is it worth the money?", etc. For example I have a 2600x and a RX5700 and I have a 34" 1440p Ultrawide. Thats a hole lot of pixels to push with my setup. Some games struggle a bit. But not enough for me to drop the money on new hardware. Technically speaking I can afford to upgrade, I just cant condone the upgrade, Mainly because I only game like once a week. Its like how I still use a 720p TV, because I did the internal monologue with myself and determined upgrading to 4K wasn't worth it at this time, mainly due to the internet data cap. 

Ive also stopped eating out as much. I don't really go places as the cost of gas is too high. If any thing I have been saving money and I figure when I can justify an expenditure I will have the money to buy it. 

On 5/13/2022 at 1:59 PM, frozensun said:

I can not afford them just because my sallary is low.

I mean look at the lower half of the US population. There are a lot of people in that boat, its not just you. Every day people are fighting to keep a roof over their heads and food in their bellies. You just have to figure out how to survive. I mean it could be worse. I for one have $48,000 in Federal Student loans. Ill likely never be able to buy a house or retire at this point. My only hope is to save enough in my 401K to make sure I dont have to work as hard when I grow too old to work hard. 

All you can do is keep on keeping on. Save money where you can. In some cases you need to make changes in your life. The biggest change I made is finding a better job at the end of 2018. I got sick of where I was working and took a chance thru a temp agency. The first job didn't work out, but the second job I worked there thru my 90 days and got officially hired in at the end of 2019. I like this job much better, Im paid better, I have insurance and vacation time which I need to take. Some times you have to make changes in your life to hopefully make things better. Change can be hard, but in my case it was either find a new job or spend the next 25 years to life in prison for murder because I was too that point, which is why I decided to take a chance. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

• 2 weeks later...

Today I saw I think it was a deal at newegg for 2 TB 970 evo plus for 250 $.

It sounds to me like 250 $ is not much money, but for me it is half of my montly payment....but for many citizens of "normal" countries spending 250 $ on nvme is a joke.

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

Just now, frozensun said:

It sounds to me like 250 $ is not much money, but for me it is half of my montly payment....but for many citizens of "normal" countries spending 250 $ on nvme is a joke.

yeah because many "normal" people in "normal" countries need 2tb high end NVMEs.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

6 minutes ago, frozensun said:

"normal" countries

There is no such thing. Every place has its own downsides. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

8 minutes ago, Levent said:

yeah because many "normal" people in "normal" countries need 2tb high end NVMEs.

Hmm good deal if someone lives from video rendering.

2 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

There is no such thing. Every place has its own downsides. 

And in yours? Spending 250 $ is a lot?

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

On 5/29/2022 at 9:39 PM, frozensun said:

Hmm good deal if someone lives from video rendering.

And? None of your arguments make any sense. First of all, we know you dont make your living off video rendering so why are you making that argument here? Why are you keep justifying your own purchases by using examples that are not applicable to you?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

10 minutes ago, frozensun said:

And in yours? Spending 250 $ is a lot?

Depends. I live in a place with a very high range of income levels. To me, it’s not. To my fiancée it is, but it can be spent. To my mom, she can’t spend $250 unless I give her $250 to spend basically. There’s a lot of homeless people that make less than you do in my country that haven’t seen $250 at once in years. 
I put years of work in to get where I am now. No dating. No social life. Just work. I don’t feel bad about where I am because at 16 I was helping my mom and step dad pay rent. I knew I wanted better than that for me, my wife and my kids later on so I made a lot of sacrifices. 
On the flip side of that I live in a fairly dangerous country. Yes there are worse, but when I went to buy something off Marketplace yesterday I had my handgun with me as I always do unless I’m working. The final step of making my life better for my fiancée and our future kids is to remove myself from a place where there’s a chance they don’t come home from school. 

The saying “The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence” is very true. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

10 minutes ago, Levent said:

And? None of your arguments make any sense. First of all, we know you dont make your living off video rendering so why you are making that argument here? Why are you keep justifying your own purchases by using examples that are not applicable to you?

It was written 250 $ for 2TB 970 evo plus and if I remember correctly, good deal!

a good deal for half of payment spending on a piece of technology not bigger then wrigglies chewing gum 🤣

4 minutes ago, IkeaGnome said:

Depends. I live in a place with a very high range of income levels. To me, it’s not. To my fiancée it is, but it can be spent. To my mom, she can’t spend $250 unless I give her $250 to spend basically. There’s a lot of homeless people that make less than you do in my country that haven’t seen $250 at once in years. 
I put years of work in to get where I am now. No dating. No social life. Just work. I don’t feel bad about where I am because at 16 I was helping my mom and step dad pay rent. I knew I wanted better than that for me, my wife and my kids later on so I made a lot of sacrifices. 
On the flip side of that I live in a fairly dangerous country. Yes there are worse, but when I went to buy something off Marketplace yesterday I had my handgun with me as I always do unless I’m working. The final step of making my life better for my fiancée and our future kids is to remove myself from a place where there’s a chance they don’t come home from school. 

The saying “The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence” is very true. 

And how much is your monthly income?

I am a chemical engineer in Bosnia and I earn

500 euros monthly.

Few days ago I was told by my collegue that is "normal" countries chemical engineers are payed better then any other,but no less then 2k-3k.

39 minutes ago, frozensun said:

And how much is your monthly income?

My monthly income isn’t relevant here. Money is worth different amounts in different places. My bills are actually high right now due to moving to a different country. Mortgage here. Rent there. I’m currently at about 80% of my income in bills including insurances. Flights to and from work/there etc and food. 
You need to not compare my direct income to yours. Or yours to anyone else’s. Percentages are what matter. If $1000 a month here is plenty to live on at 60% of it going to bills while $500 there you can put 60% to bills and be fine, you make relatively the same as the person making double. Cost of living is a huge factor. The state that I live in is expensive enough that the poverty line for a one person household is right around $70,000 a year. 
And guess what. World bank says you’re officially above the poverty level there. As bad as you think you have it, you have neighbors that are much worse off. 
Think about that. All the “woe is me” and you walk past people every day that are much worse off. 

Edit. I looked up stats for my state. $16,000 is poverty. $70,000 is to “comfortably live”

Edited by IkeaGnome

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 hours ago, frozensun said:

Stop obsessing about the income of others and what they can afford. Have you not listened to a word that people have been trying to tell you in this thread? (don't worry, its rhetorical). Its such a "you" thing that when you search "monthly income" on the search bar, you come up so often. Here are some snippets below....

But its nice to get periodic updates on your salary, and it sounds like you are getting some pay raises, here and there. Sounds like 2021 was a good time for you where you upped your salary more than 3 times, good on you!

On 10/8/2021 at 9:46 AM, frozensun said:

My monthly income is 500 euros,and I really work hard for my money as an engineer

On 6/23/2021 at 9:34 PM, frozensun said:

He paid 1100 $ for a card and my monthly income is 200 $...wtf,are you joking me??

On 2/16/2021 at 6:25 PM, frozensun said:

...and my monthly income is 150 euros 😕

On 6/21/2019 at 8:15 AM, frozensun said:

my monthly income is 150 $,are you kiding me? :/

What's less helpful for you to keep digging and shaming yourself relative to others. You said you have a PhD, so I know the path you had to take to get that degree, and I also know that it can often feel unfair to spend so long and so much on education to make a low salary.

On 6/27/2021 at 8:57 AM, frozensun said:

How much is your monthly income? 😄

On 6/30/2021 at 9:40 PM, frozensun said:

How much is your monthly income,guys?

On 9/19/2021 at 12:13 PM, frozensun said:

How much is your monthly income to pay 2000 euros for a damn graphics card

On 9/20/2021 at 6:12 PM, frozensun said:

And just write me how much is your monthly income?? 😄

Just asked a guy about how much is his monthly income..and he said 4.5 K.

My monthly income is even not enough for monitor..

I feel so depressed and sad looking at this.

I mean it's not that I'm jealous or anything it's just where I live.

rog sve.jpg

1 hour ago, frozensun said:

Then why are you looking at it?

On 5/29/2022 at 2:29 PM, frozensun said:

You said you "stopped looking at IT equipment", why are you on NewEgg looking at computer parts you don't need?

You're window shopping for computer parts, but filling your cart with excuses to feel sorry for yourself. You might want to pursue some support groups or something instead, NewEgg isn't going to sell you happiness.

Edited by Needfuldoer

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

51 minutes ago, frozensun said:

Just asked a guy about how much is his monthly income..and he said 4.5 K.

My monthly income is even not enough for monitor..

I mean it's not that I'm jealous or anything it's just where I live.

LMAO, not jealous at all. You are the one who is obsessed about what people own and how much they make. Every single person who contributed to this cesspool of a thread gave you solutions to deal with your problem many ways. You just keep posting stuff to make yourself look poor, you are trying to justify yourself to yourself. Nobody here cares about how much you make, what you can afford or what you cant.

I make 1/10 of my counterparts make in Europe, my wage is not enough to pay rent and live. Do you see me humiliating myself all over the place?

1 hour ago, Levent said:

LMAO, not jealous at all. You are the one who is obsessed about what people own and how much they make. Every single person who contributed to this cesspool of a thread gave you solutions to deal with your problem many ways. You just keep posting stuff to make yourself look poor, you are trying to justify yourself to yourself. Nobody here cares about how much you make, what you can afford or what you cant.

I make 1/10 of my counterparts make in Europe, my wage is not enough to pay rent and live. Do you see me humiliating myself all over the place?

Nope but you don't have mental sickness, I do.

What PC do you have?

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

Yeah, keep making assumptions buddy.

2 minutes ago, frozensun said:

What PC do you have?

And that is relevant how LMAO?

29 minutes ago, frozensun said:

I’d be careful swinging that stick around here. You’re far less alone than you realize. 

Project Hot Box

Oppbevaring

Why is the 5800x so hot?

2 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

I’d be careful swinging that stick around here. You’re far less alone than you realize. 

From what I can tell, everyone is mentally ill, everyone has some darkness, everyone is capable of feeling, some block it completely, some let it show.

Mental illness is a distraction to the more real truth that we as humans dislike things being disorderly and as we strive for more control we tend to hurt those who were not responsible for the afflictions set upon them, things outside of their own control. At the same time our so called controlled and "moral" world is just a basic survival instinct "the Ego". If everyone else says so it must be right! No.

To me, in truth as subjective as it may be..

We are all humans, we are irrational to irrationality, we pretend that controlling others is acceptable and is the "correct" way, we don't embrace life, we try to control it, it is the base survival mechanisms of animals we should be trying to grasp and control within ourselves but fail to do so, we instead try to be nature rather than letting nature teach people life lessons.

We have many mechanisms, ways out of responsibility that we just keep the wounds open and throw more salt upon them all so we feel better about ourselves.

I don't have to be that person and neither do you, but I am not saying don't be one of those people.

Life gives us cards, accept them, try to change from them, learn your life lessons. If you can find happiness, hold onto it, but never stop learning and shaping to your environment or you will find yourself out of date very fast.

Cash Dump: 5800X. 32GB Ram. x570 motherboard. RTX 3070. 1440P screen.

Parts list: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/RJhfPX

I am from Bosnia take me to America

we have pretty much the same pay, me and you. + we live next to each other. Unfortunate timing in this shite economy. Quit looking at tech and come back later when you have a higher salary. The joy you feel after buying something is short-lived, you're not missing out on anything.

You could chase something like a 12900k for ten years and be happy for 5 minutes after you receive It. 

Have some wisdom and see through your own materialistic bullshit 

BPD is tough

I'm going to be 100% honest, I don't think the mental illness is the real issue here.

2 hours ago, For Science! said:

I'm going to be 100% honest, I don't think the mental illness is the real issue here.

Who cares what you think...