I stopped looking IT equipment, but buying them was my only satisfaction

frozensun
3 hours ago, frozensun said:

Probably...but good news is I'm resisting...

No, you're not:

3 hours ago, frozensun said:

so far I just bought some gadgets which costed me total 70 euros...some basic adapters which may come in handy..

Stop buying stuff for Future You. He can get his own stuff.

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

I know why I am like this...I mean I can write if the guys keep on reading this thread...

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Thanks for understanding.

• 4 months later...

I think I have like serious issues with my mental health like when I purchase something it must be better then anyone has.

Back in 2020 ,this PC from which I currently write was built 17.july.2022, and 3900X was top of the charts,only beaten by 3950X.

Now look at the Cinebench R23 result I think this CPU is equal to i5 12600K.

I never thought that Ryzen 9 will compare to i5...but this is reality.

It is very sad to me that my CPU compated to an i5 which costs half less $ then I paid for 3900X

I am sad now,because simply I know that now 3900X is mediocre CPU.

I always want fastest and best IT equipment but I simply can stuff in my head that there always will be faster and will come better, faster (nvme,CPU,RAM, whatever....).

Even it's all core speed of a 4.2GHz is a joke.

But then I think about a friend of mine who is a girl, who even does not have a laptop,and think about myself, "God, what is wrong with me?"

cb23.jpg

Please do not take offence for my apparent confusion or rudeness,it's not intent me to be like that,it's just my BPD,be nice to me,and I'll return twice better,be rude and usually I get easly pissed of...I'll try to help anyone here,as long as it's something I dealt with,and even if you think I'm rude or not polite,forgive me,  it's not me it's my BPD.

Hi friends.

Wanted to share this thought this trap that I'm dealing with it since 2008.

Living with personality disorder by itself is a trap,fooling my own brain...strong OCD,spending money in things which are not needed,dissociation etc etc..

A speical part of my personality disorder is my obsession with buying stuff which 99 % don't need and won't get me money like most of people do buy things that either need or will get them money.

Since 2008 year I was changing PC every 2-3 year, and if my current rig is not the newest and I'm not I satisfied with raw synthetic numbers,just a bulb in my brain lights up and tells me: "Gosh you need some newer rig".

And I buy and I buy every 2 years a PC,a PC who I rarely use,except current one with old 6700K which I use sometimes for gaming.

At the top of that this OCD is feed up with my personality disorder and simply what comes with it is usually spending money in something either gambling,drugs,hooking and in my case buying this sh..t.

NOw I am hope someone really could help me up and enligthen me, because probably there are many of you who don't have BPD and struggle with this what I wrote here.

Each time I buy a new rig I write on a piece of a paper on a sticker when I built it and my last one is buit in 2020 with 3900X and yet my brain fools me to buy another rig again because my opinion is that 3900X is nowdays just mediocre CPU beaten easily by i5 (in games) who costs for half less price that I paid for 3900X.

So how how,for God sake to resist,how to tell myself why would I buy,for what do I need,please stop,it is newer since the monent it comes into house etcetc..

The reason more for a concern is that really I don't earn much,my sallary is so low that for a monthly earnings I can not afford my self even a 12700K.

And yet still I could not resist,I buy parts again and again and again.

I think this fulfills emtpiness that we with BPD have at least until the moment it comes.

And when parts come into my room,I keep them at a storage and look at them...sick I know,but for my brain simply normal.

I hope there are a lor of you out there who don't have BPD but still struggle with same issue that I have and would help me to please just STOP  and STOP until the end.

Lets discuss and share opinions about this issue.

But I mostly opened the thread so I can hope someone will teach me how to behave in this position that I am struggling with.

2 minutes ago, seanondemand said:

Therapy. And quitting, cold turkey, on keeping up with tech.

No such in my whole country.

I was told: yoy don't cure the personality disorder, it is something you need to learn to live with".

3 minutes ago, BiotechBen said:

Have you considered collecting product boxes?

Yeah.

I have boxes of all of my parts.

I can picture them if u want 

First, take a deep breath.

Second. Get therapy.

Third. Take a walk when you feel the urge to burn money just for the sake of it. Is more healthy and maybe it makes you feel a bit better. Unless you live somewhere you're gonna get robbed or something then reconsider...

Remember, it's not about having the shiniest new toys. They will get old fast. It's about having something you're happy with and something that fulfills your NEEDS.

find a hobby.

if you have the time to drool over new hardware to the point you cant resist spending your savings on them, you either:

- have too much time

- need to have something better to do with your money (such as, saving up for a new bike, car, house, ...)

Another deja-vu. It is clear that you need professional help to deal with your problems, (from what I can remember) you have asked here couple of times about your psychological problems previously and proceeded to rejected all solutions. I am not sure why you keep asking about your psychological problems when you continue to reject the only solution which is seeking professional help.

For the clueless:

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Does this stuff really make you happy? Or is it just the excitement of the unboxing, of having something new? Because that part fades. It may be time to ask yourself if investing your time and money into a different hobby would be a good idea. And that can be scary - sometimes people can say, “I’m the PC enthusiast guy, that’s who I am”, but we do not have to be defined by our stuff, and we can change. 

might be time for change. But that’s on you. 

Stop reading tech new sites, stop watching tech YouTube channels, get off of this forum, find something else to do with your free time. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

3 minutes ago, Levent said:

Another deja-vu. It is clear that you need professional help to deal with your problems, (from what I can remember) you have asked here couple of times about your psychological problems previously and proceeded to rejected all solutions. I am not sure why you keep asking about your psychological problems when you continue to reject the only solution which is seeking professional help.

Then you obviously could not understand people with BPD...it is always either this either that and there is always excuse for everything.

1 minute ago, frozensun said:

Then you obviously could not understand people with BPD...it is always either this either that and there is always excuse for everything.

they understand enough- that your only solution is seeking professional help.

10 minutes ago, manikyath said:

find a hobby.

if you have the time to drool over new hardware to the point you cant resist spending your savings on them, you either:

- have too much time

- need to have something better to do with your money (such as, saving up for a new bike, car, house, ...)

The issue is that I am not interested with buying a new bed,furniture,walls,bike, car parts..I am all obsessed with PC parts.

Threads merged and locked. This is not something people on the forum can help with. If you have concerns regarding mental health seek professional help.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450