LMG Sponsor Complaints

CPotter
2 minutes ago, Oliven2009 said:

Has anyone from the eu buoght shoes from Vessi? I bought 2 pairs and have waited 20 days for them to come and today the packet arrived but with a cap in it? i have tried to contact the customer service before regards to something else but have never gotten a response. So anybody else who has bought anything? i only bough from them because of ltt. 

image.png.c001eb5c5daff0c529eb02af4f819d89.pngimage.png.c4f98879116a1cbf494f976a9968ae8b.png

Åbn billede

image.png.2bf1435b4a8f933544a431eed03c6933.png

image.thumb.png.df936664be5290b4b30f8fda0d0098cf.png

"goodserviceforcustomer.com" doesn't exactly sound like you actually ordered from Vessi.  I don't know who you ordered from, but it almost certainly wasn't Vessi.

1 minute ago, QwertyChouskie said:

"goodserviceforcustomer.com" doesn't exactly sound like you actually ordered from Vessi.  I don't know who you ordered from, but it almost certainly wasn't Vessi.

i orded from the "danish version" 

2 minutes ago, QwertyChouskie said:

https://www.vessidenmark.com/ this one, but maybe its a scam 

2 minutes ago, Oliven2009 said:

https://www.vessidenmark.com/ this one, but maybe its a scam 

You got scammed, that's a scam site

vessi.com is the only legit site.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Just now, Lurick said:

damm, oh well 

4 minutes ago, Lurick said:

vessi.com is the only legit site.

yes i have done some research and its a scam, so i was just stupid. But at least it was just 100 dollars. thanks for the response 🙂

Hi,

just wanted to share my experience with "Saymine", the "privacy" company advertised on one of the recent videos on the main channel. I signed up without properly reading the Google OAuth2 prompt and signed up for their paid version (~24 USD). A few minutes after signing up, I read an email from Google warning me that Saymine is able to read my personal (!) emails. I understand that this is required for the app to work, but I still do not want a private company (even based outside of the EU, meaning privacy laws do not really exist) to access my emails. As I only used the app for a few minutes at that point, I messaged them to get a refund. As an EU citizen, I should have a right to withdraw from contracts without reason after all.

They promptly denied this request and told me to keep using the service. After a few emails back and forth (they respond *really* fast at least, plus points for them), they closed my ticket without issuing me a refund and without honoring my request for data deletion.

I find this quite unfair, as they only offer a yearly plan and no refunds at all (which likely violates European law, as they are selling to EU citizens meaning consumer rights would apply even though they are based in Israel). I have used the service for less than 5 minutes (signing up, paying, and revoking access to my Google account), but they are telling me that I ran a "full email search" (which I didn't) and generally refusing to cooperate with me. 

I know that 24 USD is not that much, but I still feel like advertising a company that is reading and processing your personal emails and using unfair and unethical business practices (no refunds, at all, even if you haven't used their service; forcing a yearly plan; closing tickets without resolution; …) should be reconsidered.

I would advise all of you to stay clear from Saymine (their B2B offering might differ, although the link to their refund policy found in their knowledge base is broken…).

Have a wonderful day everyone and read what you are signing up for (and please check the terms of service and business location) before entering your credit card information (and don't trust every company advertised by LTT without checking their practices first) 😅

18 minutes ago, Oliven2009 said:

yes i have done some research and its a scam, so i was just stupid. But at least it was just 100 dollars. thanks for the response 🙂

Yah, sorry it happened. Hopefully you can get in touch with your bank at least and get the money back 🙂

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

27 minutes ago, Oliven2009 said:

Submit a chargeback with whatever payment method you submitted with.

Also, if you gave them credit/debit card info directly, call up your card company and get a new one with a new number issued.  No telling if they aren't also grabbing payment information and selling it on the dark web.  Also keep a close eye on your statements for any new unwanted charges.

55 minutes ago, QwertyChouskie said:

Submit a chargeback with whatever payment method you submitted with.

Also, if you gave them credit/debit card info directly, call up your card company and get a new one with a new number issued.  No telling if they aren't also grabbing payment information and selling it on the dark web.  Also keep a close eye on your statements for any new unwanted charges.

i have removed the card now, and gotten a new one. i have check my blance and it and they have not taken any more then the 800kr. but it to an account i china so i will problerly not get anything. 

3 hours ago, thechoosenone42 said:

know that 24 USD is not that much, but I still feel like advertising a company that is reading and processing your personal emails and using unfair and unethical business practices (no refunds, at all, even if you haven't used their service; forcing a yearly plan; closing tickets without resolution; …) should be reconsidered.

For the access to emails LMG is aware of that and in a different forum post which wasn't a fan of it an LMG employee responded that yeah the premise of Saymine is that they go through your personal emails as part of figuring out who has your data. The issue related to the refunds though is new and is definitely an issue.

12 minutes ago, Ultraforce said:

For the access to emails LMG is aware of that and in a different forum post which wasn't a fan of it an LMG employee responded that yeah the premise of Saymine is that they go through your personal emails as part of figuring out who has your data. The issue related to the refunds though is new and is definitely an issue.

Thanks, I didn't see that reply when searching for mine previously, sorry 😅

However, in the ad I watched (on this video: https://youtu.be/VK6GYwPTcw4t=579) this wasn't clear to me. Linus is speaking about "running [their] email" which sounds to me like just entering your email somewhere, similar to haveibeenpwned or something like that. Still, I feel like a more clear disclaimer or mention of the huge privacy implications of using saymine should have been mentioned or at least shown. Additionally, saymine itself didn't really tell me that they can read all my emails (to be fair, they mention it on their website, now that I took a closer look) only Google did so (and only after I gave saymine my credit card information :/).

Hi guys, I'm genuinely upset. This is with Newegg and Rosewill. I bought 3x of their Rosewill RSV-SATA-CAGE-34s, one from amazon and two later from ebay( newegg).

The problem here being the two that I bought from newegg have both failed and took the drives with it.

I have dead 8x8TB drives, smoke, burned molex, and absolute pain. I had around 30TB of data on a raid Z2 with these 8 drives... it'd take thousands to recover 6 of these drives to the point where I can take data out.

Rosewill and Newegg have been sponsors before, and I'm hoping someone at LMG can help pressure them into helping me with this support case. The amount of terrible QC and shit newegg has pulled is crazy, but now the rosewill brand is ruined for me as well.

17 hours ago, Erioch said:

Chargeback with your credit card.

It has been so long since we bought the printer that we missed the window for a chargeback.

So I've noticed it a couple of times now but the sponsors introduced in the WAN show are voiced over in the Spotify release by Bell but every time Babbel is mentioned, the link fails.

You get this nice little story about colleague Sven and his family in The Netherlands as an example and go get your 55% off at https://babbel.com/WAN. Every time you open said link you get a 'Lost?' egg 404 page. What gives? Is this a USA/Canadian only page or something or hasn't anyone actually verified that it works? I was interested and immediately let down by this.

Screenshot_20230622_134344_Chrome.jpg

i think ud better contact them via email about this

Dont forget to mark as solution if your question is answered

Note: My advice is amateur help/beginner troubleshooting, someone else can probably troubleshoot way better than me.

- I do have some experience, and I can use google pretty well. - Feel free to quote me I may respond soon.

Join team Red, my apprentice

STOP SIDING WITH NVIDIA

Setup:
Ryzen 7 5800X3DSapphire Nitro+ 7900XTX 24GB / ROG STRIX B550-F Gaming / Cooler Master ML360 Illusion CPU Cooler / EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 / Lian Li Dynamic Evo White Case / 2x16 GB Kingston FURY RAM / 2x 1TB Lexar 710 / iiYama 1440p 165HZ Montitor, iiYama 1080p 75Hz Monitor / Shure MV7 w/ Focusrite Scarlett Solo / GK61 Keyboard / Cooler Master MM712 (daily driver) Logitech G502-X (MMO mouse) / Soundcore Life Q20 w/ Arctis 3 w/ WF-1000XM3

CPU OC: -30 all cores @AutoGhz

GPU OC: 3Ghz Core 2750Mhz Memory w/ 25%W increase (460W)

Wasn't sure where to mail to. It's not like this is LTT Store and their LMG email felt like it wasn't meant for it.

Contact babbel's support.

"Don't fall down the hole!" ~James, 2022

"If you have a monitor, look at that monitor with your eyeballs." ~ Jake, 2022

On 6/13/2023 at 3:55 AM, RaccoonTOF said:

Ok, so apparently something went wrong on the MS side of things, instead of ASUS I guess, because the encrypted drive did NOT show up under my own personal acct (the one used during the initial OOBE) when looking up the key presented in the Bitlocker recovery steps.  Apparently the issue is on MS side, not ASUS side, but the actual issue is exactly the same still.

ah thats a shame 😞

I guess jsut keep that in mind should you encounter this again!

I understand that it would be maybe the mentality of "biting the hand that feeds you"; which I do get.

It's just with all the recent Amazon stuff, it would be nice to get an official comment by the LMG team; as while not technically a sponsor, the amazon links still effectively promote Amazon/drive traffic to there (based on the video stating it makes up for 9% of total revenue)

Given they shut down a guys smart home account because their driver claimed racism, without any consideration or without any investigation done and restored it without giving an apology.

They kicked out Louis Rossman with a boiler plate email which made claims of things he didn't do

Being sued by the FTC for making it difficult to cancel prime.

I get it, it's still a large chunk of the revenue and don't really expect things to change but at what point will things change effectively driving money towards a business that clearly has issues.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

Not sure who's to blame, but a while back (13 may) I decided I wanted to try the Soundpeat capsule pro 3. So I kinda forgot about my order, it never shipped, Amazon has terrible headache to find support, had to install the app to get the privilege of talking to someone. They asked if wanted the product, I said yes. 

FF to now, order has vanished from the site, I don't know if they have returned the money tbh, I'm not an Amazon user, so might be me, but pretty bad experience overall... Will not do that again... 

Screenshot_20230623_214241_Gmail.thumb.jpg.3d4f6ff6b3e29eb9a29b96b67a8d66d5.jpg

Well I contacted Babbel but they never got back to me. I'll keep an eye out for after the weekend just in case.

I have a complaint against SecretLab. I bought one of their Titan Evos 5 years ago, but after aboat a year the armrest started developing cracks and holes. After contacting their support they said this is normal wear and tear and wouldn't provide any support for it but I wasn't using it in any extreme way and I had the product for a very short time at that point when the issue started. They never resolved my issue and I just dealt with it. The bigger issue I have is that even today the chairs still have this defect on the armrests and they havent fixed it and its been 5 years. Many people are complaining about it online and are experiencing the same issue. The armrests are designed poorly and they shouldn't be degrading this much and this quick. I attatched photos of my wrist rests and other people online complaining. 

IMG_8533.JPG

IMG_8536.JPG

IMG_8535.JPG

My Rig

CPU - Ryzen 5 1600@3.8ghz          GPU - XFX XXX RX580 8g          Cooler - Arctic Freezer 33 eSports edition green          Motherboard - Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3          Ram -  G.Skill 2x8 Ripjaws 5 2666                   Case - Pahntecs P400s TGE Modded with Green accents          PSU - Seasonic M1211 evo 620w          SSD - Samsung 960 evo 500 GB          HDD - Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm 2tb       

Fans - 2 be quiet SilentWings 3         OS - Windows 10 Home 64-Bit         Cables - Cable Mod Green Cable Extension

Peripherals

Mouse - Logitech G502          Keyboard - k95 Platinum Brown          Headset - Philips SHP9500s + Vmoda Boom Pro          Monitor - LG 29UM69GB

Webcam - USB webcam for Wii Fitness game xD

Logitech G Hub has been broken for some time now, after spending over $100 on the superlight I cannot even change the DPI. I have reinstalled the software and followed troubleshooting steps and have not found a fix to this issue. Instead I have found many similar complaints on reddit of the broken software. I was reminded of this issue by todays techlinked and hope a fix is found soon.

In the "You've lived without these..." video, the sponsor (Wicked Cushions) section shows an image with available products that are not reflected on the company's website or Amazon store. I've been using Sennheiser HD280 headphones for a good fifteen years, and I got super excited when I saw that WC made replacement pads (the "Compatible" list at 3:27 in the video), and then I got kinda bummed when I found that this is not the case.

It's probably a good idea to make sure that what the sponsor is advertising and what they're providing are the same things.

Edit: ok, so apparently they do exist, but you have to dig through earpads marketed for other brands to find cross compatibility. Man, that sucks.