LMG Sponsor Complaints

CPotter
1 hour ago, IkeaGnome said:

What if I told you that you don't need iCue to control Corsair RGB?

https://signalrgb.com

https://openrgb.org

Personally, I use the paid SignalRGB app. 

One of the main topics of the issue that Openpleb was talking about and Steve from Gamer's Nexus and Wendell from Level1Techs explicitly talked about was not the issue of the software but the proprietary hardware with explicit mention of a previous Corsair Link system for RGB which has been discontinued and no documentation on pin layouts was ever provided so it basically can lead to ewaste. Until an open standard could be done for all the fancy RGB connectors having freely licensable documentation to allow users to know or have other companies make products in the ecosystem would be nice.

On 6/9/2023 at 4:16 AM, SorryClaire said:

I still firmly think theyre a bad thing. They just encourage bad distributor habits of not stocking certain things just because the dropshipper can pick up the slack. Its particularly bad in Indonesia where partial catalogue of Deepcool products are being shipped solely through dropshipper online, which is stupidly fucking annoying, because you have 30 seller of 1 item and dont know each of their fucking fulfillment time.

Dropshipping is a regression to the e-commerce industry and they need to be depraved of their clout.

To me it is all of the above plus the fact that sometimes it works for the one doing it but it is not guaranteed when sold at least to my knowledge as a miracle solution to start making money online without doing much. 

So they can get you /younger folks to spend a bit of money (at a large scale) fail to do anything with no buisness experience or other 

Overall not a great thing anyway if all those people just concentrated their power to do a search tool on existing products to buy for the lowest it would be a great gain IMO

10 hours ago, Ultraforce said:

Until an open standard could be done for all the fancy RGB connectors having freely licensable documentation to allow users to know or have other companies make products in the ecosystem would be nice.

Seems you’re overthinking it. I’m able to control all my RGB, Corsair and non Corsair, from a non Corsair program. 

Id understand your point if you had to use iCue for Corsair, Aura for Asus, Mountain Base Camp for mountain. You don’t though. 

10 hours ago, Ultraforce said:

One of the main topics of the issue that Openpleb was talking about and Steve from Gamer's Nexus and Wendell from Level1Techs explicitly talked about was not the issue of the software but the proprietary hardware with explicit mention of a previous Corsair Link system for RGB which has been discontinued and no documentation on pin layouts was ever provided so it basically can lead to ewaste

Copy that. I’ll keep an eye out for you, Steve and Wendell to come out with this new open standard that won’t obsolete any product already on the market. 

Edited by IkeaGnome
This will get very off topic pretty quick I think. Feel free to dm me

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

The ShortCircuit on the tattoo printer from the 11th of May this year was sponsored by Paradox, and while I enjoy some of their games (mostly Stellaris) I severely disslike them as a company. This is partially due to their DLC approach and partially how they handle layoffs, a recent incident comes to mind, they are acting on closing two of the three studios in Sweden (where I'm from) and not giving the people working at those studios the ability to continue working for the company, they have been really secretive about the whole thing and as far as I understand the employees of these studios got the news the same way I did, from prominent members of the Stellaris community who found it in a Swedish report about the union discussion on the terms of the layoffs. No comment from Paradox, no new positions at the studio in Stockholm, where the remaining studio is located.

Yes they make some good products but the way they handle their community, development and employees is outright disgusting tbh. Hope to never see them as a sponsor again unless most or all of the issues are resolved.

Edited by AlbinSjoegren
Correction, Elite is not made by paradox lol :)

2 hours ago, AlbinSjoegren said:

... was sponsored by Paradox, and while I enjoy some of their games (mostly Stellaris) I severely disslike them as a company. This is partially due to their DLC approach and partially, how they handled and still handle Elite Dangerous...

Isn't Elite developed by Frontier? Or am I missing something?

1 hour ago, MarkPol88 said:

Isn't Elite developed by Frontier? Or am I missing something?

Damn, thanks for the correction 🙂

7 hours ago, IkeaGnome said:

Seems you’re overthinking it. I’m able to control all my RGB, Corsair and non Corsair, from a non Corsair program. 

Id understand your point if you had to use iCue for Corsair, Aura for Asus, Mountain Base Camp for mountain. You don’t though. 

Copy that. I’ll keep an eye out for you, Steve and Wendell to come out with this new open standard that won’t obsolete any product already on the market. 

The Open RGB project is reverse engineering what protocol each hardware device uses and how it communicates using it. This is harder and doesn't work as well as using manufacturer provided documentation.

From their own Gitlab:
"This project interacts directly with hardware using reverse engineered protocols. While we do our best to make sure we're sending the right data, there is always some risk in sending data to hardware when we don't understand exactly how that hardware works.

There have been two instances of hardware damage in OpenRGB's development and we've taken precautions to prevent it from happening again.

• The Mystic Light motherboard code bricked the RGB controller of some MSI motherboards. The code was disabled and reworked. We have been re-adding these motherboards to the support list as we verify that the new code works with them. Affected boards can be unbricked with a Nuvoton Nu-Link adapter.
  • There were reports of bricked Gigabyte Aorus Z390 motherboards caused by dumping SMBus address 0x68 in an attempt to reverse engineer the RGB. Due to this, the SMBus Tools page on OpenRGB is hidden by default now as it has no real use to non-developers."

As for SignalRGB, their plugins are open source, which suggests they are doing much of the same, except with a professional team behind the product.

What OpenPleb it trying to achieve isn't to create any new standard, but to have the existing ones open and well documented so that those who contribute to such projects as OpenRGB and SignalRGB can do so without needing to reverse engineer each new device that comes to market. 

To be fair even manufacturers mess things up. If you install gigabyte RGB Fusion on a DDR3 system it'll kill your RAM by corrupting the SPD table.

Yes an open standard would be great but you can't do that without manufacturers collaborating, and at this point they're pretty set on using it as vendor lock-in to increase their margins.

F@H
Desktop: i9-13900K, ASUS Z790-E, 64GB DDR5-6000 CL36, RTX3080, 2TB MP600 Pro XT, 2TB SX8200Pro, 2x16TB Ironwolf RAID0, Corsair HX1200, Antec Vortex 360 AIO, Thermaltake Versa H25 TG, Samsung 4K curved 49" TV, 23" secondary, Mountain Everest Max

Mobile SFF rig: i9-9900K, Noctua NH-L9i, Asrock Z390 Phantom ITX-AC, 32GB, GTX1070, 2x1TB SX8200Pro RAID0, 2x5TB 2.5" HDD RAID0, Athena 500W Flex (Noctua fan), Custom 4.7l 3D printed case

Asus Zenbook UM325UA, Ryzen 7 5700u, 16GB, 1TB, OLED

GPD Win 2

2 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

To be fair even manufacturers mess things up. If you install gigabyte RGB Fusion on a DDR3 system it'll kill your RAM by corrupting the SPD table.

Yes, but when it happened it wasn't due to lack of access to documentation. Just because an issue can occur for multiple reasons doesn't mean eliminating any single one of them is pointless.

6 minutes ago, Kilrah said:

Yes an open standard would be great but you can't do that without manufacturers collaborating, and at this point they're pretty set on using it as vendor lock-in to increase their margins.

There is no attempt to create any standard, open or otherwise, but to make documentation for the existing ones open. This doesn't require any direct collaboration between manufacturers, and can potentially give them free advertising, positive publicity and even a competitive advantage. By supplying documentation they allow for their product to receive earlier and better support in projects like OpenRGB and SignalRGB, while also allowing for interoperability with other vendors' 1st party apps. This wouldn't make business sense for a company that dominates the space, but there are many competitors, and the more of them open their standards, the more the rest are pressured to do so themselves.

Hi,
I realise not 100% on topic so can be moved elsewhere if needed.
When I watch LMG videos I get a lot of youtube ads for a Belgian extreme right wing political party.
I've turned off as much of the targeted add settings of google/youtube as I can, so I guess they just target me because of my age group & gender.
Does LMG have some form of control over what ads youtube sticks on its videos? If so, It would be great if you could tweak some settings? From watching wan show I can't imagine  LMG is happy with that kind of 'adds' on tacked on to your content.
D.

ASUS isn't on the LMG sponsor/affiliate page but I got the idea of putting this here after watching the WAN show clip addressing the ASUS beta BIOS fiasco and realized if LMG could do something about it then it would be better than just me, a random guy, hassling with their worthless customer support.

In August 2021 I bought the G15 Advantage Edition G513QY from flipkart.com (I am from India). It worked really well for about a year before it started having instability issues and started crashing in-game and sometimes while even editing videos. I dealt with it for a while, reinstalled Windows twice by myself by creating a USB media from the Microsoft website, went to the service center multiple times, and tried all the fixes I found online, but nothing worked.

So I contacted ASUS and described my issues and got the cookie cutter response of troubleshooting and going to a service center. I replied to them detailing my issues further, this time sending references to my service visits, and requested a replacement with a comparable Intel/Nvidia or AMD/Nvidia laptop that doesn't have this issue. I will update this once I get a response.

On 6/5/2023 at 5:14 AM, Ex14 said:

Yeap i understand that. I'm saying that it should still be in your account listed in the steps above. Just a note we never have customer's windows/microsoft accounts, so best guess is when you link your account its does something like this already. Its just a wierd behaviour (which at the point of time i felt was a big issue but i guess no one thought much of it 2 or more years ago). As much as i want to throw ASUS under the bus, it is not their fault at all and this behaviour is Soley on Microsoft part. 

Ok, so apparently something went wrong on the MS side of things, instead of ASUS I guess, because the encrypted drive did NOT show up under my own personal acct (the one used during the initial OOBE) when looking up the key presented in the Bitlocker recovery steps.  Apparently the issue is on MS side, not ASUS side, but the actual issue is exactly the same still.

Eight Sleep update: I bought the damn thing. It cools just fine... but at the expense of horrendous noise levels all night and even less sleep than before. I don't know if there's something wrong with mine but if it's working as intended it's unacceptable. The basic sound app on my phone measured 50db.

I will see if support can help but at this point it seems like worthless junk that needs to be sent back.

Interested to know if Linus has to deal with this and no other reviewers seemed to mention it either which I find weird. Are they just fine with a very loud fan and pump humming away or what? Beware...

Techquickie's latest sponsor with the MSI on their Z790 Carbon Wifi:

Something that annoys me is MSI's branding on "Audio Boost 5" for "Higher quality sound". Does anyone actually know what that is? Is it referring to the software or the hardware on the MB? I have a MAG X570S Thomahawk Wifi and it is dog crap when it's not working. The software is nothing special, but it's the literal audio problem I have with it. Whenever you play sound after not playing any sound at all there is a chance that everything turns to white noise. I.e. playing a YouTube video after pausing or coming back into a game after leaving the window for a bit. It could happen at literally any time it wanted, which is really bad when you have the volume up loud enough for immersion or for music.

I've looked around and other people have the same issue with the same board, but I have no idea if it's the board's problem or if it's the Audio Boost 5 thing they advertise. Again, what is it? Asus actually labels their audio specs properly like the DAC being 32 bit/385khz with a SNR of -120DB.

The only way I had this problem fixed is to use bluetooth earphones or use a USB device to plug my headphones in.

On 6/16/2023 at 11:42 PM, Isaiah D. said:

Does anyone actually know what that is? Is it referring to the software or the hardware on the MB?

From product page:

• High performance ALC4080 Audio Processor
  • High quality audio capacitors
  • High quality audio jacks with S/PDIF
  • Dedicated headphone amplifier
  • Isolated audio signal
  • De-pop protection

And yes, it's same chip you have.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Has hubspot been a sponsor before? Does LMG do sponsor reads for external content?  I just saw a pre roll ad on YouTube for an unrelated (not LMG) YouTube channel and the pre roll ad for hubspot had a VoiceOver that sounded EXACTLY like James. I’ve watched enough LMG content to spot a familiar voice. Not my pig, not my farm. But It was strange to hear an lmg employee ad read outside of LMG channels. 

3 hours ago, getdumptrucked said:

Has hubspot been a sponsor before? Does LMG do sponsor reads for external content?  I just saw a pre roll ad on YouTube for an unrelated (not LMG) YouTube channel and the pre roll ad for hubspot had a VoiceOver that sounded EXACTLY like James. I’ve watched enough LMG content to spot a familiar voice. Not my pig, not my farm. But It was strange to hear an lmg employee ad read outside of LMG channels. 

LMG has done external media production in the past, from ads, to internal trainings (Intel Retail IIRC), and other white label content. Latest I remember seeing was some unboxing videos for Cisco: 

HI,

I am not sure if this fits here but after a sponsored Bambulab P1P I bought X1C combo and had problems all the time.

I am on the second printer, having problems constantly and no solutions. The first time their support didn't even respond to me for 8 days until I posted it to their forum and then they DMed me in an hour. After some arguing I finally sent the original printer back but then they didn't ship me the replacement printer until I bugged them to ship it. Then the second printer had issues as well and I did everything they suggested but they are still saying that's a user error and I am not following their recommendation. They are willing to accept the printer back but I am not sure if they would take all the accessories since the first time I had a replacement they did not send me all the parts despite me making it very clear they have to send them and they agreed.

They even threatened that will ban me from being able to buy anything from them. Now I don't know what to do since they don't even read my messages they just respond with something else and it's painful talking to someone who is not capable of even having a conversation and they just want to make you feel stupid.

This is not the only example there were more people complaining but they have fake accounts on the forum and just shit over other people and try to make themselves look good this is just shady.

If there is anyone who knows what to do in this situation please let me know since I cant them anymore. 

9 hours ago, Aleks_Testing said:

HI,

I am not sure if this fits here but after a sponsored Bambulab P1P I bought X1C combo and had problems all the time.

I am on the second printer, having problems constantly and no solutions. The first time their support didn't even respond to me for 8 days until I posted it to their forum and then they DMed me in an hour. After some arguing I finally sent the original printer back but then they didn't ship me the replacement printer until I bugged them to ship it. Then the second printer had issues as well and I did everything they suggested but they are still saying that's a user error and I am not following their recommendation. They are willing to accept the printer back but I am not sure if they would take all the accessories since the first time I had a replacement they did not send me all the parts despite me making it very clear they have to send them and they agreed.

They even threatened that will ban me from being able to buy anything from them. Now I don't know what to do since they don't even read my messages they just respond with something else and it's painful talking to someone who is not capable of even having a conversation and they just want to make you feel stupid.

This is not the only example there were more people complaining but they have fake accounts on the forum and just shit over other people and try to make themselves look good this is just shady.

If there is anyone who knows what to do in this situation please let me know since I cant them anymore. 

Get your money back and buy something else.

@CPotter Linus talks all the time on the WAN show that you guys don't take any sponsorship money from supplement companies, but the latest Mac Address is sponsored by Ritual Supplements. Did someone screw up or is this not the policy any more? Seems pretty shady.

Screenshot 2023-06-19 at 14.07.43.png

16 hours ago, Erioch said:

Get your money back and buy something else.

Tried, but they only want to accept the printer but not all the spare parts and crap filament made for X1C specifically. I just don't want to throw away a few 100 bucks of stuff I can't use elsewhere.

57 minutes ago, Aleks_Testing said:

Tried, but they only want to accept the printer but not all the spare parts and crap filament made for X1C specifically. I just don't want to throw away a few 100 bucks of stuff I can't use elsewhere.

Chargeback with your credit card.

Elgato Wave:3 Microphones requires you to use their software for gain lock, without it any random app ur running using will reset ur gain to 100% randomly. They have been selling this mic for over 4+ years and I have begged them since year 1 to allow users in the app to update their firmware and enable gain lock without the software running 24/7. They refuse which is so infuriating when they have release plenty of firmware revisions and their easy to apply.

Has anyone from the eu buoght shoes from Vessi? I bought 2 pairs and have waited 20 days for them to come and today the packet arrived but with a cap in it? i have tried to contact the customer service before regards to something else but have never gotten a response. So anybody else who has bought anything? i only bough from them because of ltt. 

image.png.c001eb5c5daff0c529eb02af4f819d89.pngimage.png.c4f98879116a1cbf494f976a9968ae8b.png

Åbn billede

image.png.2bf1435b4a8f933544a431eed03c6933.png

image.thumb.png.df936664be5290b4b30f8fda0d0098cf.png