What is your favorite movie ever created?

cat milker

I'll go first. My favorite movie ever created is Jim Carry's first drama, The Truman Show. I really liked the whole concept.

Specs: 11700 | RTX 3060 | 32gb 3200mhz | 1tb 970 + 2TB HDD | Lian Li O11D Mini X Black

I'm 15 and live in the US

Crash (2004) from Paul Higgis

This is not my my only favorite since I don't really have a true favorite. There are at least 5-10 movies I would put at the top of my list because of how good they are. Plus some that I associate with on a personal level. But Crash from Paul Higgis is one that a find very fascinating and thought-provoking, and recommend everyone to watch if they haven't.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

gosh I got several I really like and watch over and over again... one of those is Hunt for Red October... for example.

But then even other Stuff like Silent Movie ... 

Main System:

Anghammarad : Asrock Taichi x570, AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @4900 MHz. 32 GB DDR4 3600, some NVME SSDs, Gainward Phoenix RTX 3070TI

System 2 "Igluna" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

System 3 "Inskah" AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Pro, Core I5 3570k @4300, 16 GB Ram DDR3 2133, some SSD, and a 2 TB HDD each, Gainward Phantom 760GTX.

On the Road: Acer Aspire 5 Model A515-51G-54FD, Intel Core i5 7200U, 8 GB DDR4 Ram, 120 GB SSD, 1 TB SSD, Intel CPU GFX and Nvidia MX 150, Full HD IPS display

Media System "Vio": Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5700X, 64 GB Ram DDR4 3200 Mushkin, 1 275 GB Crucial MX SSD, 1 tb Crucial MX500 SSD. IBM 5015 Megaraid, 4 Seagate Ironwolf 4TB HDD in raid 5, 4 WD RED 4 tb in another Raid 5, Gainward Phoenix GTX 1060

(Abit Fatal1ty FP9 IN SLI, C2Duo E8400, 6 GB Ram DDR2 800, far too less diskspace, Gainward Phantom 560 GTX broken need fixing)

Nostalgia: Amiga 1200, Tower Build, CPU/FPU/MMU 68EC020, 68030, 68882 @50 Mhz, 10 MByte ram (2 MB Chip, 8 MB Fast), Fast SCSI II, 2 CDRoms, 2 1 GB SCSI II IBM Harddrives, 512 MB Quantum Lightning HDD, self soldered Sync changer to attach VGA displays, WLAN

Dr. Strangelove, Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb

It's the Cold War bomb threat but a comedy. Watch it.

elephants

I'm more into tv shows than movies. I do watch movies, ofc, but when it comes to a choice between a movie and a tv show, the latter always wins. That's why I have more tv shows on BDR than movies. 🙂

However, there's one series of movies that I enjoy the most of all others and I never get bored watching it: the "Fast and Furious" movies - except for "Tokyo Drift". In principle I don't just like drift, I LOVE drift but that particular movie was extremely boring. Another movie which I like a lot (and which I'm hoping it will have at least one sequel) is "San Andreas".

Arch Linux LTS Cinnamon, Core i7-4770, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 32GB DDR3-1600 RAM, AsRock B85M Pro4, SSD: Corsair 120LE, Western Digital 500GB, HDD: Western Digital 500GB + 1TB + 4TB.

Starship Troopers is peak satire. 

Also a pretty good sci-fi film by itself. 

Desktop: 7800x3d @ stock, 64gb ddr4 @ 6000, 3080Ti, x670 Asus Strix

Laptop: Dell G3 15 - i7-8750h @ stock, 16gb ddr4 @ 2666, 1050Ti 

that's a tough call,

The Matrix is an easy one, Hackers is such a cult classic though, modern stuff: Tick Tick Boom for sure.

The best gaming PC is the PC you like to game on, how you like to game on it

The imitation game. Love me some Benadryl Cucumberhatch

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

ohhh my god, i remember when i was really young i would have said shawshank redemption..  just when it came out, it was just a great movie. even though all of the sudden it got unpopular because it was popular..

I have so many, i will go in a completely different direction, and say.. Scott Pilgrim vs the World, no it is not the best movie, many much better movies, but it just surprised me, Great music, the direction is just PERFECT.. the whole style. I think it is so overseen as a gem.. and i am 43 years old, so i should hate it i guess.

The SpongeBob SquarePants Movie (2004)

to this day i STILL get excited when the Nickelodeon logo animation intro thing plays.

How the Grinch Stole Christmas (2000) is also a classic, try to get the 4k remaster if ya can, worth the extra money.

Flatland The Film (2007) is one of those movies that makes you contemplate your existence. not the best quality but i think it adds to its whole strange vibes it gives off

Chef (2014) is also a good watch, its got strong family themes, its focus on how food brings people together is heartwarming and it kicked off the internet chef revolution and inspired people like andrew rea (Babish culinary universe on yt)

Shrek (2001)

shrek is love shrek is life.

*Insert Witty Signature here*

System Config: https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/Tncs9N

I have a lot movies that I could call my favorite but Das Boot (1981) is one of those major films. In my house with my father being a submariner I was raised on Navy movies and sub movies especially so Das Boot and Hunt for Red October were common sights for me as a kid.

Runner's up would include: Patton, McHale's Navy, Down Periscope, Police Academy series, Star Wars 1-6, Star Trek 2 and 6, and The Recusers: Down Under.

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

1 hour ago, Hybris5112 said:

I have a lot movies that I could call my favorite but Das Boot (1981) is one of those major films. In my house with my father being a submariner I was raised on Navy movies and sub movies especially so Das Boot and Hunt for Red October were common sights for me as a kid.

Runner's up would include: Patton, McHale's Navy, Down Periscope, Police Academy series, Star Wars 1-6, Star Trek 2 and 6, and The Recusers: Down Under.

specifically, the prequals or sequals for star wars?

Specs: 11700 | RTX 3060 | 32gb 3200mhz | 1tb 970 + 2TB HDD | Lian Li O11D Mini X Black

I'm 15 and live in the US

1 hour ago, cat milker said:

specifically, the prequals or sequals for star wars?

Prequals. There is no "Rey Skywalker".

"The Codex Electronica does not support this overclock."

im going to say dark night but there are many other at the same level so hard to pick really.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

There’s a lot of movies which are my absolute favorites, but I particularly like Wes Anderson movies, and of those my top favorite is Fantastic Mr Fox

3E5BE2B0-D93C-4999-9342-B6C03F946727.thumb.jpeg.4b809ec04878f00cbbef523b64d91375.jpeg

It’s such a fun story with some of the greatest stylistic choices and stop motion animation directing.

For comedy id say Super Troopers.  For best movie of all time for me its a tossup between Gladiator and Saving Private Ryan.  Ive actually stopped watching tv and movies over the last 5 years or so after Hollywood has gone effing insane with woke BS and ultra sexualized rainbow crap in every story.

saving-private-ryan-movie-poster.jpg

2 hours ago, 8tg said:

There’s a lot of movies which are my absolute favorites, but I particularly like Wes Anderson movies, and of those my top favorite is Fantastic Mr Fox

3E5BE2B0-D93C-4999-9342-B6C03F946727.thumb.jpeg.4b809ec04878f00cbbef523b64d91375.jpeg

It’s such a fun story with some of the greatest stylistic choices and stop motion animation directing.

Profile pic checks out

Quote my reply or I won't see your reply. It's the single overturning left arrow under every message.