My LTT water was damaged during shipping

henryevans

A few weeks back, I received my LTT Water bottle and was stoked to open it only to find it damaged in shipping. I thought no biggie and I reached out to the tech support support@lttstore.com and waited patiently. I didn't get any response from them even after a week. I decided to send a follow up email and it also suffered from the same fate. If anyone from the lttstore team is reading this, can you let me know if there's any other way I can reach out to you guys?

Our support team is currently swamped with requests and we may take longer than normal to reply. Don't worry though somebody will reach out to you soon and get you sorted.

Welcome to the forum! Please make sure you post in the appropriate spot, not just the first one you see. If you'd scrolled a little lower you'd have seen:

LTTStore.com Merch

Questions, reviews, and ideas for LTTstore.com merch. Not for support! Please email support@lttstore.com if you need assistance!

A more appropriately related thread, and your answer.

34 minutes ago, JohnathonWick said:

Our support team is currently swamped with requests and we may take longer than normal to reply. Don't worry though somebody will reach out to you soon and get you sorted.

It has been like that for months. "Currently swamped" isn't really what it is, at this point it's more poor management, or not giving that department enough resources to accomplish it's task.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

Welcome to the forum! Please make sure you post in the appropriate spot, not just the first one you see. If you'd scrolled a little lower you'd have seen:

A more appropriately related thread, and your answer.

To be fair to OP, he did try and contact them through the appropriate means for weeks, without getting an answer. I would reach out through other channels as well if it was me. 

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

It has been like that for months. "Currently swamped" isn't really what it is, at this point it's more poor management, or not giving that department enough resources to accomplish it's task.

Seems like this tweet from Linus aged poorly. Or maybe Linus is willingly understaffing his store. 

6r46hktof6k71.thumb.png.e164a1424b8197dbcc94e595bb2e887d.png

To be fair to LMG, when you get swamped with requests like this, and instead of waiting on their turn (even though it takes much longer than expected) they keep sending new requests in, hiring more labor to get out of this mess is not the right approach.

Remember, each additional request you send, a person has to double check whether it has already been replied or dealt with, which takes time. Add this up with hundreds of double/triple/quadruple requests and you get the answer why response times are slow.

Send a request, if you sent it to the correct e-mail address, they will have received it, and just wait for your turn. Acting like your case is more important than someone elses makes the situation worse for you and everyone else.

Disclaimer: I'm not justifying the long response times, but rather elaborating what YOU can do to help solve the issue.

NZXT S340 | Ryzen 7 5900X | B550 AORUS PRO V2 | TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200 | RTX 4070
Nintendo Switch (2x), Nintendo *New* 3DS, PSP-1000, PSP-2000 (Crisis Core Limited Edition)

MacBook Pro 14 (2021), 16GB RAM, 512GB ROM

14 minutes ago, FliP0x said:

To be fair to LMG, when you get swamped with requests like this, and instead of waiting on their turn (even though it takes much longer than expected) they keep sending new requests in, hiring more labor to get out of this mess is not the right approach.

I think you're mixing up cause and effect. 

People sending duplicate emails are not what caused them to fall behind on answer tickets. 

Being understaffed caused them to fall behind on tickets, which has lead to people sending multiple tickets because of the long wait times. 

I would not be so quick to go "they are not understaffed, lttstore is doing everything right. It's the customers that are at fault and need to change".

It looks to me like they need to employ more people to keep up, and I am fairly sure Linus have talked about trying to employ more on the WAN show. 

Anyway, if they have a somewhat decent ticket system then multiple emails from the same people is not much of an issue. Each additional email might add a little bit of work, but we're probably talking like, a couple of minutes. 

Even if they don't have a ticket system (which they should), simply doing a search for the email sender and then quickly going through all emails from that sender to check if they have multiple reports is not too big of a deal. It might be a bit annoying, but we're still talking a couple of minutes of work. It's still a couple of minutes more than if everyone behaved in a manner that's best for the company, but it should not be a big deal. 

3 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

I think you're mixing up cause and effect. 

People sending duplicate emails are not what caused them to fall behind on answer tickets. 

Being understaffed caused them to fall behind on tickets, which has lead to people sending multiple tickets because of the long wait times. 

I would not be so quick to go "they are not understaffed, lttstore is doing everything right. It's the customers that are at fault and need to change".

It looks to me like they need to employ more people to keep up, and I am fairly sure Linus have talked about trying to employ more on the WAN show. 

Anyway, if they have a somewhat decent ticket system then multiple emails from the same people is not much of an issue. Each additional email might add a little bit of work, but we're probably talking like, a couple of minutes. 

Even if they don't have a ticket system (which they should), simply doing a search for the email sender and then quickly going through all emails from that sender to check if they have multiple reports is not too big of a deal. It might be a bit annoying, but we're still talking a couple of minutes of work. It's still a couple of minutes more than if everyone behaved in a manner that's best for the company, but it should not be a big deal. 

I never claimed "they are not understaffed, lttstore is doing everything fine". If in doubt, re-read my message again.

I also did not state that it is solely the customers fault. I said that repeatedly sending in new requests clogs the system and causes and even higher delay in response times.

Sorry, but I have to ask, do you have any costumer service experience? If you do, has a situation like this ever happened in your workplace? How did your workplace resolve the issue?

They need to hire overall, no doubt. LMG is a growing and explanding company and they need to hire more to keep up with the workload. However, mass hiring just because they are behind on LTT Store customer service is not the solution to the problem. I understand that logically it may seem like it is, more people = more requests done, but it won't solve the long term issue.

I see that you are not aware of the scope here. Yes, an additional duplicate e-mail may add 30 seconds to a couple minutes of additional processing time, but we're not talking about a single request that is behind.

Lets assume they have 3000 requests in queue, 1000 of them are duplicates, that's 33 to 50 hours wasted, that could have been used to resolve actual requests and work towards cleaning the queue.

NZXT S340 | Ryzen 7 5900X | B550 AORUS PRO V2 | TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200 | RTX 4070
Nintendo Switch (2x), Nintendo *New* 3DS, PSP-1000, PSP-2000 (Crisis Core Limited Edition)

1 hour ago, FliP0x said:

I never claimed "they are not understaffed, lttstore is doing everything fine". If in doubt, re-read my message again.

Well, that's the way I interpreted your post since you said that they should not hire more people to fix this issue, and then went on and talked about how the customers should change their behaviour.

1 hour ago, FliP0x said:

Sorry, but I have to ask, do you have any costumer service experience?

Yes, I got some.

1 hour ago, FliP0x said:

If you do, has a situation like this ever happened in your workplace? How did your workplace resolve the issue?

At my first job they hired people more to meet the demand.

At my current job, I am a consultant which sometimes (very rarely these days) have to jump in and help with tickets during periods where there is a lot of work. Please note that lttstore's current "period" has been going on for like 4-5 months.

1 hour ago, FliP0x said:

They need to hire overall, no doubt.

I agree. The issue I took with your post was this sentence specifically, where you seemed to indicate that they don't need to hire more people:

1 hour ago, FliP0x said:

hiring more labor to get out of this mess is not the right approach.

1 hour ago, FliP0x said:

I understand that logically it may seem like it is, more people = more requests done, but it won't solve the long term issue.

What do you think is the "long term issue"?

The "long term issue" is to me that they are understaffed. 

The short term issue, which have been caused by the long term issue, is that people send in multiple tickets for the same issue.

Again, I feel like you are flipping the cause and effect here.

It's not multiple tickets for the same issue that are causing all their problems. Their problems started before that happened. Multiple tickets from the same people are the effect of them being understaffed to begin with.

Your suggestion seems to be treating the symptoms rather than address the root cause.

The longterm issue is hiring staff that you end up not needing, once the current demand is dealt with.

Only LMG knows the actual statistics, how many incoming requests they get daily and how many customer service representatives they need to meet the demand, based on their set criteria on how many requests each representative has to resolve daily.

As you mentioned, in situations like this, having other departments jump in to help can be a solution. This is how we (my workplace) managed increased demand during the peak of the pandemic.

Hiring costs money, and hiring people just to let them go because hiring wasn't planned accordingly and they hired more than they needed is irresponsible. Such hiring could also result in store items increasing in price.

Again, I don't blame the consumers as the root issue, but consumers should be aware that sending in multiple requests will only delay a response, as opposed to popular belief that if you send in multiple reminders, you'll get a response sooner.

I see that they added a big notice on lttstore.com that their customer support is receiving large volume of incoming requests and that responses may take longer than usual. They potentially could add that sending in multiple requests about the same matter will only delay a response even further.

I don't know if they do, but we sent automated replies that we received their inquiry, that we apologize for the longer response time and appreciate their patience. If consumers, after all of this, still send in multiple e-mails, then I'm sorry, that's on them.

It is apparent that something has to change, but we don't have the necessary information to suggest or decide what has to change. I can only speak out of experience that hiring for the sole purpose of resolving a large queue is not the solution to the problem - it's a temporary fix.

How efficiently they can have other departments pitching in and help out depends on the required know-how. Logically, it seems easy to assign a writer or editor, that currently may have nothing to do or finished a project early, to the customer service team for a few hours. Even if they only manage 5 requests per hour, that's 5 more requests resolved that would otherwise still be in the queue. Resolving a crisis like this is a team effort. I only took writers and editors as an example, any capable department with spare time can help.

In my opinion, LMG should continue hiring according to set plan and roadmap, while looking for cheap and convenient solutions how to reassign existing workforce to resolve the queue.

JUST HIRE ME, ILL ANSWER ALL THEM DAMN EMAILS lol jk jk 

Give your water bottle a hug from me and tell it everything's gonna be ok. 

Poor water bottle...

Jokes aside, that would be an interesting idea to "hire" qualified community members to get some requests done.

However, that would probably not be possible due to legal reasons as we most likely can't be compensated for honorary work.

30 minutes ago, FliP0x said:

However, that would probably not be possible due to legal reasons as we most likely can't be compensated for honorary work.

If a community member were to actively volunteer then no legal actions could come of it. Volunteer work is just that, volunteer. It would only become a legal problem if you were actually hired by the company under payroll and never got paid for the work lol

If both participating parties agree on the terms and conditions, you're good to go!

*I actively volunteer lol

LINUS, HIT ME UP 🤣🤣

-> Moved to correct subforum

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, LAwLz said:

Thought that the discussion was more of him trying to hire staff for the new buildings, not support staff.

Support staffing, I have found at prior places, is always tricky logistically.  It's a fine balance between hiring enough to keep up and hiring too many to suffering the additional costs to have people idly waiting around (although admittedly you could always hire people as a dual purpose, but then you get the issue that people have a tendency to dislike dual purpose jobs overtime as they gravitate towards wanting to do one of the job titles). It also becomes an issue if the person gets swamped at their other job duty

The issue being as well, a lot of people don't realize the balancing act that goes on in the background and how sometimes you need to have the long wait times in order to make things financially make sense.

An example of this was at a prior place I worked where we had our customer support staff of 1 person.  Most of the time, they spent a lot of time dealing with 4 - 5 customers in a day where for those customers they effectively got top notch customer service.  No waiting times, responses quickly etc.  Overall really really good customer care...but ever now and then there would be something like a bad like distributor damage to a palette; and now it was 20 customers extra a day.  It would take a week to a month to get things all sorted out to the point where she was back to responding within the hour.

Not saying that LTTStore is understaffed, I don't know...but logistically it's not always as simple as saying that they need to hire more staff.  We don't know the volumes of tickets generated, how often they are behind and also even whether something slips through the cracks (my work had some very angry customers before because the spam filter had caught their email...their signature had a link in it that was flagging it as a threat).

If something like this is constantly occurring for extended months then maybe; but then again it's the adage of a bad review online.  People who had a negative experience are more likely to be posting it publicly, so it's harder to gauge the true nature of average response times.

7 hours ago, FliP0x said:

Again, I don't blame the consumers as the root issue, but consumers should be aware that sending in multiple requests will only delay a response, as opposed to popular belief that if you send in multiple reminders, you'll get a response sooner.

Meh, sending a follow up email after a week I think isn't that bad really.  It ensures that your email wasn't accidentally overlooked and overall shouldn't cause too much extra issues if they have their system setup properly.  Then again it might depend.  For myself when I send emails, I always make sure to include all relevant information to look me up and I include usually in the subject or first sentence the order ID number so that things can be looked up quickly.

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

3 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

Thought that the discussion was more of him trying to hire staff for the new buildings, not support staff.

I am fairly sure he did mention hiring more people for the store on the WAN show before. It was like 2 months ago or so. Pretty sure it was before they started with the merch messages.

But yeah, the recent discussions have been about hiring for LTTLabs and such, but I am 99% sure he did specifically mention more staff for lttstore. I remember it because I am fairly sure I thought "oh good, hopefully that will reduce the number of people complaining on the forums about poor customer service". 

3 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

Not saying that LTTStore is understaffed, I don't know...but logistically it's not always as simple as saying that they need to hire more staff. 

Totally agree with everything you said. It's just that, the store have had the apology message up for like 4-5 months now. I totally get that staffing is tricky but at this point I feel like something is wrong and needs fixing.

Maybe bring in some extra people temporarily? Not sure what the employment laws are like in Canada but in Sweden you can hire someone temporarily. Maybe bring in some extra people, either from within the company or from outside the company for a couple of weeks or so, to get rid of a big chunk of the backlog? 

I mean, Linus was bragging about how he doesn't have an issue finding people so it shouldn't be an issue.

If the issue is "yeah but it costs money" then we get into the nasty discussion of Linus valuing making money more than satisfying his customers. Which is kind of the opposite of the image he wants to project to his fans.

4 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

If something like this is constantly occurring for extended months then maybe; but then again it's the adage of a bad review online.  People who had a negative experience are more likely to be posting it publicly, so it's harder to gauge the true nature of average response times.

What we do know is that it's bad enough that they have been warning people for 4-5 months now that they have slow response times. I don't think they would put up a warning, and keep it there for months, if it wasn't a fairly big issue.

He could definitely hire temp staff in Vancouver. There is many temp staffing companies, all he has to do is call and he would have a qualified person(s) tomorrow. But he has to "PAY".

7 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

What we do know is that it's bad enough that they have been warning people for 4-5 months now that they have slow response times. I don't think they would put up a warning, and keep it there for months, if it wasn't a fairly big issue.

I don't know...it all depends really.  At my former work we had alerts when things reached over 5 days average response time.  Not excusing it, just hard to really tell.

12 minutes ago, LAwLz said:

If the issue is "yeah but it costs money" then we get into the nasty discussion of Linus valuing making money more than satisfying his customers. Which is kind of the opposite of the image he wants to project to his fans.

Depends really, it's always the age old question of where money goes in a company.  Like I said, it's a balancing act.  These obviously aren't the numbers, but lets say you have $1 million in sales, but 0.5 million in costs...so $0.5 million in profits.  Hiring another full time employee at $50,000 would cut it by 10%. It's also pretty clear that they don't exactly have a ton of free capital to do things as well with their current expansion.  Overall just wanting to say there isn't enough information.  We can think what we think, but can't assume to know a "solution"

3735928559 - Beware of the dead beef

1 hour ago, LWM723 said:

He could definitely hire temp staff in Vancouver. There is many temp staffing companies, all he has to do is call and he would have a qualified person(s) tomorrow. But he has to "PAY".

that assumes LTT is all set up for temp staff. Most of the companies who use lots of temp workers have the manuals all written up and have a pretty limited set of things they can do.  LTTstore doesn't go for the typical harsh customer service and it seems like customer support has a lot more flexibility.

Good luck, Have fun, Build PC, and have a last gen console for use once a year. I should answer most of the time between 9 to 3 PST

NightHawk 3.0: R7 5700x @, B550A vision D, H105, 2x32gb Oloy 3600, Sapphire RX 6700XT  Nitro+, Corsair RM750X, 500 gb 850 evo, 2tb rocket and 5tb Toshiba x300, 2x 6TB WD Black W10 all in a 750D airflow.
GF PC: (nighthawk 2.0): R7 2700x, B450m vision D, 4x8gb Geli 2933, Strix GTX970, CX650M RGB, Obsidian 350D

Skunkworks: R5 3500U, 16gb, 500gb Adata XPG 6000 lite, Vega 8. HP probook G455R G6 Ubuntu 20. LTS

Condor (MC server): 6600K, z170m plus, 16gb corsair vengeance LPX, samsung 750 evo, EVGA BR 450.

Spirt  (NAS) ASUS Z9PR-D12, 2x E5 2620V2, 8x4gb, 24 3tb HDD. F80 800gb cache, trueNAS, 2x12disk raid Z3 stripped

PSU Tier List      Motherboard Tier List     SSD Tier List     How to get PC parts cheap    HP probook 445R G6 review

"Stupidity is like trying to find a limit of a constant. You are never truly smart in something, just less stupid."

Camera Gear: X-S10, 16-80 F4, 60D, 24-105 F4, 50mm F1.4, Helios44-m, 2 Cos-11D lavs

23 hours ago, LAwLz said:

To be fair to OP, he did try and contact them through the appropriate means for weeks, without getting an answer. I would reach out through other channels as well if it was me. 

Seems like this tweet from Linus aged poorly. Or maybe Linus is willingly understaffing his store. 

6r46hktof6k71.thumb.png.e164a1424b8197dbcc94e595bb2e887d.png

Yeah, I mean I get it, but at the same time Twitter is usually a better place to get some kind of response from a company as it's more public, especially when the company specifically says you won't find any help here.

Hahaha. Very good. Their requirements for the CS positions don't even seem that bad. I'd apply, honestly, but I don't have a current drivers license.

22 hours ago, FliP0x said:

I also did not state that it is solely the customers fault. I said that repeatedly sending in new requests clogs the system and causes and even higher delay in response times.

Sorry, but I have to ask, do you have any costumer service experience? If you do, has a situation like this ever happened in your workplace? How did your workplace resolve the issue?

They need to hire overall, no doubt. LMG is a growing and explanding company and they need to hire more to keep up with the workload. However, mass hiring just because they are behind on LTT Store customer service is not the solution to the problem. I understand that logically it may seem like it is, more people = more requests done, but it won't solve the long term issue.

I see that you are not aware of the scope here. Yes, an additional duplicate e-mail may add 30 seconds to a couple minutes of additional processing time, but we're not talking about a single request that is behind.

Lets assume they have 3000 requests in queue, 1000 of them are duplicates, that's 33 to 50 hours wasted, that could have been used to resolve actual requests and work towards cleaning the queue.

You don't need to "mass hire" to fix a specific problem. You can simply hire one or two more people. I don't think it's really being behind. If that were the case, and it was because of the Christmas rush, that would be a one, maybe two month issue. At the 5 month point? Something else is broken. Plain and simple.

20 hours ago, FliP0x said:

The longterm issue is hiring staff that you end up not needing, once the current demand is dealt with.

Only LMG knows the actual statistics, how many incoming requests they get daily and how many customer service representatives they need to meet the demand, based on their set criteria on how many requests each representative has to resolve daily.

As you mentioned, in situations like this, having other departments jump in to help can be a solution. This is how we (my workplace) managed increased demand during the peak of the pandemic.

Hiring costs money, and hiring people just to let them go because hiring wasn't planned accordingly and they hired more than they needed is irresponsible. Such hiring could also result in store items increasing in price.

I see that they added a big notice on lttstore.com that their customer support is receiving large volume of incoming requests and that responses may take longer than usual. They potentially could add that sending in multiple requests about the same matter will only delay a response even further.

I don't know if they do, but we sent automated replies that we received their inquiry, that we apologize for the longer response time and appreciate their patience. If consumers, after all of this, still send in multiple e-mails, then I'm sorry, that's on them.

It is apparent that something has to change, but we don't have the necessary information to suggest or decide what has to change. I can only speak out of experience that hiring for the sole purpose of resolving a large queue is not the solution to the problem - it's a temporary fix.

How efficiently they can have other departments pitching in and help out depends on the required know-how. Logically, it seems easy to assign a writer or editor, that currently may have nothing to do or finished a project early, to the customer service team for a few hours. Even if they only manage 5 requests per hour, that's 5 more requests resolved that would otherwise still be in the queue. Resolving a crisis like this is a team effort. I only took writers and editors as an example, any capable department with spare time can help.

In my opinion, LMG should continue hiring according to set plan and roadmap, while looking for cheap and convenient solutions how to reassign existing workforce to resolve the queue.

That's the thing though, it's pretty apparent due to the amount of time that has passed, that they are needed.

Perhaps they need to take another look at their margins if they're having an issue making proper CS support fit.

13 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

Support staffing, I have found at prior places, is always tricky logistically.  It's a fine balance between hiring enough to keep up and hiring too many to suffering the additional costs to have people idly waiting around (although admittedly you could always hire people as a dual purpose, but then you get the issue that people have a tendency to dislike dual purpose jobs overtime as they gravitate towards wanting to do one of the job titles). It also becomes an issue if the person gets swamped at their other job duty

The issue being as well, a lot of people don't realize the balancing act that goes on in the background and how sometimes you need to have the long wait times in order to make things financially make sense.

An example of this was at a prior place I worked where we had our customer support staff of 1 person.  Most of the time, they spent a lot of time dealing with 4 - 5 customers in a day where for those customers they effectively got top notch customer service.  No waiting times, responses quickly etc.  Overall really really good customer care...but ever now and then there would be something like a bad like distributor damage to a palette; and now it was 20 customers extra a day.  It would take a week to a month to get things all sorted out to the point where she was back to responding within the hour.

Not saying that LTTStore is understaffed, I don't know...but logistically it's not always as simple as saying that they need to hire more staff.  We don't know the volumes of tickets generated, how often they are behind and also even whether something slips through the cracks (my work had some very angry customers before because the spam filter had caught their email...their signature had a link in it that was flagging it as a threat).

Meh, sending a follow up email after a week I think isn't that bad really.  It ensures that your email wasn't accidentally overlooked and overall shouldn't cause too much extra issues if they have their system setup properly.  Then again it might depend.  For myself when I send emails, I always make sure to include all relevant information to look me up and I include usually in the subject or first sentence the order ID number so that things can be looked up quickly.

You basically touch on exactly what I think is happening; swamped with other tasks.

I think we can base it on what we see, though, and get a pretty good idea. If I spend enough time on here, it's almost daily that a person will have a story similar to this where they've been waiting for weeks to get some kind of response. I'm not a mechanic, but if I see a car, and it's smoking on a regular basis, I can tell you that something needs to be done 😉

While the adage is true, you also have to take into account that they feel the need to have that banner at all. Clearly they see a problem, and there's lots of people that are waiting. There's no other reason to prepare them for that ahead of time; it just makes your business look bad.

8 hours ago, LAwLz said:

I am fairly sure he did mention hiring more people for the store on the WAN show before. It was like 2 months ago or so. Pretty sure it was before they started with the merch messages.

But yeah, the recent discussions have been about hiring for LTTLabs and such, but I am 99% sure he did specifically mention more staff for lttstore. I remember it because I am fairly sure I thought "oh good, hopefully that will reduce the number of people complaining on the forums about poor customer service". 

Totally agree with everything you said. It's just that, the store have had the apology message up for like 4-5 months now. I totally get that staffing is tricky but at this point I feel like something is wrong and needs fixing.

Maybe bring in some extra people temporarily? Not sure what the employment laws are like in Canada but in Sweden you can hire someone temporarily. Maybe bring in some extra people, either from within the company or from outside the company for a couple of weeks or so, to get rid of a big chunk of the backlog? 

I mean, Linus was bragging about how he doesn't have an issue finding people so it shouldn't be an issue.

There's a hiring position open, but they also have to do running around for Creator Warehouse. Perhaps that's why the queue is so backlogged; they're too busy trying to do all of the other tasks they're given as well. I could see Linus being the type to say "oh, well since you have these 20 free minutes, go do this thing that takes 45 minutes. But hurry back."

I don't think temp employees would be a real solution. I mean, I know we're all looking at it from a very, very removed place, but it's not hard to see something is broken and not working properly. Sometimes, for proper customer service, you've got to bite the bullet and have an employee that may not have something to do every minute of their shift.

8 hours ago, wanderingfool2 said:

I don't know...it all depends really.  At my former work we had alerts when things reached over 5 days average response time.  Not excusing it, just hard to really tell.

Depends really, it's always the age old question of where money goes in a company.  Like I said, it's a balancing act.  These obviously aren't the numbers, but lets say you have $1 million in sales, but 0.5 million in costs...so $0.5 million in profits.  Hiring another full time employee at $50,000 would cut it by 10%. It's also pretty clear that they don't exactly have a ton of free capital to do things as well with their current expansion.  Overall just wanting to say there isn't enough information.  We can think what we think, but can't assume to know a "solution"

I'd say they need to look at their margins if they're having that much trouble justifying enough CS employees to not have a banner like that on their website for almost half a year. I just hope they make it festive at least when Christmas rolls back around. To find typical employee cost you take wage and multiply by 1.4, in case you're curious.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I’d post my recent experiences with customer support. 

I placed an order for the r/place shirt, along with a water bottle and some other items. This past Friday they announced the new water bottle colors, so I sent in a support ticket to see if I could have the 40oz black/white bottle change to the Blue/White H2-02 40oz. I sent the request on Friday 22nd, and received a response on the 27th with the change to my order. That’s 3 business days. I replied back on the 27th thanking them, and they replied back the next day. 

3 days seems reasonable to me. Overall very pleased with support thus far. 

• 2 weeks later...

support is a bit swamped at the moment but they will get to you, last few emails i've sent them have taken a while but they get there. yeah i know it sucks having damaged goods on arrival but they will sort it out. mine has a dent in it and no idea where it came from but it gives the bottle some class and character i feel.

happy hunting.