Looking for a 30-40k Gaming Rig

MathThatsMe

Lol.

$50K budget for a custom PC?

Literally pick the best looking custom PC you can find and ask them to build you another one.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

15 minutes ago, MathThatsMe said:

My current main settup is

4x16GB 3600MHz ddr, cl16, XMP 2.0 rgb Gskill ram

AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor     

Corsair RM1000x 1000W PSU

RTX 3090 Eagle oc 24gb

some sort of Corsair water cooling

WD Black SN850 1TB M.2 SSD x4 ( only 2 installed tho ) 

Corsair Graphite 760T Big Tower Hvit

On this settup i also have the razer External gpu linked with another rtx 3090 Eagle oc 24gb 

2nd Build

1 x NZXT H510 Elite Matt sort Kabinett

1 x Kingston HyperX Fury 2x16GB 3000MHz RAM

1 x COUGAR GX-S750 80 plus Gold 750W Strømforsyning

1 x Shark 1TB NVME M.2 SSD

1 x KINGSTON A2000 M2 2280 NVMe 1TB SSD

1 x ASUS PCE-AC68 - Netværksadapter PCI Express 1.3Gbps

1 X Rtx 3080 

3rd build 

CM ML120L V2 ARGB Komplett Edition

Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 2933MHz 16GB

WD Blue SN550 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD 

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X

Gainward GeForce RTX 2060 Ghost

Svive Halo S650 Midi Tower

Corsair TX650M, 650W PSU

Monitors are

2x Razer 27 Raptor

2x Noc 

1x Predator XB253QGP

i also have a razer laptop but couldt find anything on my email about it

Gonna be blunt here.

The system you have is as fast as it gets and anything else, you'd never be able to tell the difference. Based on your self evident knowledge level, you'd literally be throwing money away and gaining absolutely nothing. 

What exactly are you expecting to upgrade TO from a 5950x/3090 system? Do you feel spending an additional $30k is going to somehow buy you a faster computer? 

If you truly believe that, you're beyond help.

Well, your cpu can be upgarded to 12900k and gpu to 3090ti, those will get you around 10% performance increase for..... 5k. Could also buy better 64gb kit of ram, that is around 500 euro, better 2tb m.2ssd around 300 euro etc, but for so minor increase i would suggest you to wait for rtx 4090 and new cpus in summer or after it.

QUOTE ME  FOR ANSWER.

Main PC:

Spoiler

|Ryzen 7 3700x, OC to 4.2ghz @1.3V, 67C, or 4.4ghz @1.456V, 87C || Asus strix 5700 XT, +50 core, +50 memory, +50 power (not a great overclocker) || Asus Strix b550-A || G.skill trident Z Neo rgb 32gb 3600mhz cl16-19-19-19-39, oc to 3733mhz with the same timings || Cooler Master ml360 RGB AIO || Phanteks P500A Digital || Thermaltake ToughPower grand RGB750w 80+gold || Samsung 850 250gb and Adata SX 6000 Lite 500gb || Toshiba 5400rpm 1tb || Asus Rog Theta 7.1 || Asus Rog claymore || Asus Gladius 2 origin gaming mouse || Monitor 1 Asus 1080p 144hz || Monitor 2 AOC 1080p 75hz || 

Test Rig.

Spoiler

Ryzen 5 3400G || Gigabyte b450 S2H || Hyper X fury 2x4gb 2666mhz cl 16 ||Stock cooler || Antec NX100 || Silverstone essential 400w || Transgend SSD 220s 480gb ||

Just Sold

Spoiler

| i3 9100F || Msi Gaming X gtx 1050 TI || MSI Z390 A-Pro || Kingston 1x16gb 2400mhz cl17 || Stock cooler || Kolink Horizon RGB || Corsair CV 550w || Pny CS900 120gb ||

Tier lists for building a PC.

Motherboard tier list. Tier A for overclocking 5950x. Tier B for overclocking 5900x, Tier C for overclocking 5800X. Tier D for overclocking 5600X. Tier F for 4/6 core Cpus at stock. Tier E avoid.

(Also case airflow matter or if you are using Downcraft air cooler)

Spoiler

Gpu tier list. Rtx 3000 and RX 6000 not included since not so many reviews. Tier S for Water cooling. Tier A and B for overcloking. Tier C stock and Tier D avoid.

( You can overclock Tier C just fine, but it can get very loud, that is why it is not recommended for overclocking, same with tier D)

Spoiler

Psu tier List. Tier A for Rtx 3000, Vega and RX 6000. Tier B For anything else. Tier C cheap/IGPU. Tier D and E avoid.

(RTX 3000/ RX 6000 Might run just fine with higher wattage tier B unit, Rtx 3070 runs fine with tier B units)

Spoiler

Cpu cooler tier list. Tier 1&2 for power hungry Cpus with Overclock. Tier 3&4 for overclocking Ryzen 3,5,7 or lower power Intel Cpus. Tier 5 for overclocking low end Cpus or 4/6 core Ryzen. Tier 6&7 for stock. Tier 8&9 Ryzen stock cooler performance. Do not waste your money!

Spoiler

Storage tier List. Tier A for Moving files/  OS. Tier B for OS/Games. Tier C for games. Tier D budget Pcs. Tier E if on sale not the worst but not good.

(With a grain of salt, I use tier C for OS myself)

Spoiler

Case Tier List. Work In Progress. Most Phanteks airflow series cases already done!

Ask me anything :)

7 minutes ago, MathThatsMe said:

No im a Norwegian living in Norway

🤦This one message now completely shifts this thread. Forums rules say (at least in the New Builds and Planning section but your post is suitable for both categories) you need to provide your currency (Euro or NOK) and your locale when you ask these sort of suggestions and questions.

Now you need to find a highly reputable Scandinavian PC modder/System Integrator or a Scandinavian tech YouTuber to help you out. 

At the moment, it is daytime in the US and most of the online forum members are from North America, where the market for PC hardware is potentially very different than your locale. This whole time I (and probably everyone else reading this thread) thought you were in America  and I was pointing you in the direction of North American tech YouTubers who could help you out. 

The reason why this may not be feasible anymore is that if I were you, I would not trust transatlantic shipping and any other shipping companies that would handle your package to take perfect care of a complete system while it ships to Norway. 

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

8 minutes ago, GuiltySpark_ said:

Gonna be blunt here.

The system you have is as fast as it gets and anything else, you'd never be able to tell the difference. Based on your self evident knowledge level, you'd literally be throwing money away and gaining absolutely nothing. 

What exactly are you expecting to upgrade TO from a 5950x/3090 system? Do you feel spending an additional $30k is going to somehow buy you a faster computer? 

If you truly believe that, you're beyond help.

I feel like he wants an additional system (for whatever reason) that is slightly more powerful and even more luxurious than what he already owns.

Fuck you scalpers, fuck you scammers, fuck all of you jerks that charge way too much to tech-illiterate people. 

Unless I say I am speaking from experience or can confirm my expertise, assume it is an educated guess.

Current setup: Ryzen 5 3600, MSI MPG B550, 2x8GB DDR4-3200, RX 5600 XT (+120 core, +320 Mem), 1TB WD SN550, 1TB Team MP33, 2TB Seagate Barracuda Compute, 500GB Samsung 860 Evo, Corsair 4000D Airflow, 650W 80+ Gold. Razer peripherals. 

Also have a Alienware Alpha R1: i3-4170T, GTX 860M (≈ a 750 Ti). 2x4GB DDR3L-1600, Crucial MX500

My past and current projects: VR Flight Sim: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=dG38Jx (Done!)

A do it all server for educational use: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=vmmNcf (Cancelled)

Replacement of my friend's PC nicknamed Donkey, going from 2nd gen i5 to Zen+ R5: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/nathanpete/saved/#view=WmsW4D (Done!)

4 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

Well, your cpu can be upgarded to 12900k and gpu to 3090ti, those will get you around 10% performance increase for..... 5k. Could also buy better 64gb kit of ram, that is around 500 euro, better 2tb m.2ssd around 300 euro etc, but for so minor increase i would suggest you to wait for rtx 4090 and new cpus in summer or after it.

He could get monitor upgrades I guess. 

6 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

I feel like he wants an additional system (for whatever reason) that is slightly more powerful and even more luxurious than what he already owns.

Correct, and if possible a tripple gpu settup as there are some games where i get frame drops, although no idea if games can support more then 1 gpu 

10 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

🤦This one message now completely shifts this thread. Forums rules say (at least in the New Builds and Planning section but your post is suitable for both categories) you need to provide your currency (Euro or NOK) and your locale when you ask these sort of suggestions and questions.

Now you need to find a highly reputable Scandinavian PC modder/System Integrator or a Scandinavian tech YouTuber to help you out. 

At the moment, it is daytime in the US and most of the online forum members are from North America, where the market for PC hardware is potentially very different than your locale. This whole time I (and probably everyone else reading this thread) thought you were in America  and I was pointing you in the direction of North American tech YouTubers who could help you out. 

The reason why this may not be feasible anymore is that if I were you, I would not trust transatlantic shipping and any other shipping companies that would handle your package to take perfect care of a complete system while it ships to Norway. 

I dont think shipping would be an issue, and if so i would personally fly out to the us and pick it up

5 minutes ago, MathThatsMe said:

Correct, and if possible a tripple gpu settup as there are some games where i get frame drops, although no idea if games can support more then 1 gpu 

Absolutely not. 99.5% of games have dropped support of multi-GPU setups. And you cannot connect more than two 3090/3090 Tis at a time. 

3 minutes ago, Nathanpete said:

Absolutely not. 99.5% of games have dropped support of multi-GPU setups. And you cannot connect more than two 3090/3090 Tis at a time. 

For everyone who dropped a comment i appriciate all the help, and if you have any more advice dont hesitate to let me know

and @Nathanpete Thanks for all the quick reponses and help il try to get ahold of JayzTwoCents 

2 hours ago, Moonzy said:

Well, you aren't going to find anyone on this forum that's reputable enough to help you with a build of this magnitude

Contact a reputable system builder and ask them about it

Reputable on the forums, or reputable as in providing what they state? I dont post a lot here but consider myself to be reputable. To give you an idea on what you are looking at,  this was a dual system build I did for Intel, at estimated £23000 GBP, so thats around $28000 USD Thats just in hardware mind, so custom work/build fees are extra.

4 Intel.jpg

@Cre8Modding
Former Writer Maximum PC
Former Reviewer / Modder @KitGuru

37 minutes ago, Cre8 Modding said:

Reputable on the forums, or reputable as in providing what they state? I dont post a lot here but consider myself to be reputable. To give you an idea on what you are looking at,  this was a dual system build I did for Intel, at estimated £23000 GBP, so thats around $28000 USD Thats just in hardware mind, so custom work/build fees are extra.

4 Intel.jpg

Hey, can you link me?

You have not even put forward a use case, just a budget. Dude if this is trolling then fine have a great day, but if you are seriously after a system that will run max 10-15% faster than what you currently run the sure, hit me up in DM, Il take the fee, but would aslo advise on why? Ive built for Intel, ASUS, Mumbo Jumbo and plenty of others, if its a one off piece I understand, but in what context, just cash to burn?

@Cre8Modding
Former Writer Maximum PC
Former Reviewer / Modder @KitGuru

7 hours ago, Cre8 Modding said:

You have not even put forward a use case, just a budget. Dude if this is trolling then fine have a great day, but if you are seriously after a system that will run max 10-15% faster than what you currently run the sure, hit me up in DM, Il take the fee, but would aslo advise on why? Ive built for Intel, ASUS, Mumbo Jumbo and plenty of others, if its a one off piece I understand, but in what context, just cash to burn?

Well the use case is i want one, rare sights i have slight frame issue on certain games, im not to happy with temp soemtimes peeking 70-80c and im also not a fan of the looks.

Let me know what platform we can discuess on and il hit you up.

The lack of info early on in this thread certainly made it look a bit fishy, but I guess most of the people replying to it forgot about the truly insane custom watercooled builds that used to show up on here. Or they never bothered to look into the prices of all the items in the parts lists for them.

With a budget like this, even the highest end parts become a small portion of it. You can easily spend just as much on the watercooling loop alone, if you end up needing a bunch of fittings in a specific design and something like a custom reservoir or prettier radiators.

A build like that would still probably be less than half of your budget, so the rest usually pays for all of the custom work done by an experienced modder. A custom case, custom reservoir/distribution block, glass tubing with fittings/bent and polished copper tubing, custom paintjob... The possibilities as literally endless.

At that point performance per dollar is completely meaningless. It is more akin to a sculpture/art piece/custom vehicle (though the system should still allow the hardware to reach its full potential).

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II

20 hours ago, DJ46 said:

ut I guess most of the people replying to it forgot about the truly insane custom watercooled builds that used to show up on here.

welp are you implying that forum has turned from being an og forum to a forum with people talking about nfts?

Because i believe you...

|:Insert something funny:|

-----------------

#

On 3/31/2022 at 9:09 PM, Cre8 Modding said:

Hey, i did not hear back from you. 

If you are serious id like to pay for a consulting fee to help me figure out what is possible and what can be done how.

Let me know how much, where i can contact you to take this forward and how much you want--

On 3/31/2022 at 7:13 AM, Moonzy said:

Well, you aren't going to find anyone on this forum that's reputable enough to help you with a build of this magnitude

Contact a reputable system builder and ask them about it

LOL. Speak for yourself Missy.

Intel i9-10850K / Asus ROG Strix Z490-A / 16GB G.Skill TridentZ Royal DDR4-4000mhz / 1TB WD Black M.2 / 2TB Kingston M.2 / EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra / Creative AE-5plus / AX1200i PSU / Modified AZZA Genesis 9000B Case

Custom Water Cooled

Intel i7-3930K / Asus Rampage IV Formula /  32GB G.Skill DDR3-2400mhz  / Kingston 2TB SSD /  EVGA RTX 2070 Super /  DELL UltraSharp U2713HM @ 2560X1440 / Seasonic Focus 1000W PSU / O11 Dynamic Case

Custom Water Cooled

19 hours ago, MathThatsMe said:

Hey, i did not hear back from you. 

If you are serious id like to pay for a consulting fee to help me figure out what is possible and what can be done how.

Let me know how much, where i can contact you to take this forward and how much you want--

well with that kinda moeny you should be in the 40degree range... temp controlled room.

are you looking for a case build from scratch or a build built from just parts? or do you not no the difference?

i no you can put 2 gpus in a system but i dont no if sli is a thing anymore posably 2 gpus in sli. i think the last quad sli was gtx 1080ti but one 3090 ti will most likely be faster.

Designs By IFR on youtube to get an idea on builds

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

could do a epyc gaming server or buy 1 100 tb ssd

MSI x399 sli plus  | AMD theardripper 2990wx all core 3ghz lock |Thermaltake flo ring 360 | EVGA 2080, Zotac 2080 |Gskill Ripjaws 128GB 3000 MHz | Corsair RM1200i |150tb | Asus tuff gaming mid tower| 10gb NIC

I'll be honest, i didn't think you could even build a PC over 15k.  Jesus!  Makes my badass 5k setup look budget lol

On 3/31/2022 at 7:01 PM, MathThatsMe said:

Well the use case is i want one, rare sights i have slight frame issue on certain games, im not to happy with temp soemtimes peeking 70-80c and im also not a fan of the looks.

Let me know what platform we can discuess on and il hit you up.

Is it FPS or stuttering? Drivers, software etc all have the potential for stuttering and FPS changes especially around updates. At a certain point, it doesn't matter how much you spend on hardware, software can still cause problems. 

Those temps are really good for a 360mm CLC. There haven't been much for hardware updates since you got the 5950x rig. Next gen AMD is around the corner. Next gen Nvidia is around the corner as well. If I were you, I'd have some patience, see what comes out and it could be possible to get more boost than you'd get going to a 12900k. 13th gen Intel should also be released late this year. 

Depending on your patience, I would hold out for a few things. 4090, 13900k. Waiting for both of those will give DDR5 a few more months to mature and might make sense to go with at that point. With Raptor Lake coming out after or around AM5 and 7xxx CPUs, you'd be able to see which of them would also make more sense to go with. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?