What is the best wireless gaming headset for under $200?

Phantonex

I'm looking to purchase a wireless gaming headset. I mainly play FPS games on PC. What are some of the best options? I've seen the Razer Blackshark V2 Pro recommended quite a bit, is it good? Thanks in advance.

As I can only go by own experience I would say you would be better off looking at third party reviews as most people haven't used as many headsets as a reviewer would. I would personally look at hardware canucks as they do a pretty good job at reviewing headphones and headsets. Also I think 3 months ago they did a gaming headset round up for exactly these types of questions. 

At $200 you can buy a good pair of headphones and a separate mic. 

https://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/tygr-300-r.html 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HH3FTYT/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_5CDNHKPZZ8AZW7PH9BMF

Unfortunately this combo is $10 over budget you can always sub out the mic for something cheaper I just prefer going USB when we're going this cheap for a mic. 

6 hours ago, rice guru said:

At $200 you can buy a good pair of headphones and a separate mic. 

https://north-america.beyerdynamic.com/tygr-300-r.html 

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HH3FTYT/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_5CDNHKPZZ8AZW7PH9BMF

Unfortunately this combo is $10 over budget you can always sub out the mic for something cheaper I just prefer going USB when we're going this cheap for a mic. 

I asked for a wireless headset.

On 3/26/2022 at 12:12 AM, Brooksie359 said:

As I can only go by own experience I would say you would be better off looking at third party reviews as most people haven't used as many headsets as a reviewer would. I would personally look at hardware canucks as they do a pretty good job at reviewing headphones and headsets. Also I think 3 months ago they did a gaming headset round up for exactly these types of questions. 

Most of them also don't know what good audio sounds like (imo), or have very low expectations, shrug. From my experience most gaming headphones are remarkably similar, with a few options that are somewhat better than the others. 

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

1 hour ago, Entropy. said:

Most of them also don't know what good audio sounds like (imo), or have very low expectations, shrug. From my experience most gaming headphones are remarkably similar, with a few options that are somewhat better than the others. 

Well we are talking wireless headphones so it's not like you can compare these to audiophile headphones as audiophile headphones aren't wireless as far as I know. Also I my experience some gaming headsets are far better than others. The hyperx cloud II is much better than previous corsair or razer headphones I had previously and the difference is very significant 

18 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

Well we are talking wireless headphones so it's not like you can compare these to audiophile headphones as audiophile headphones aren't wireless as far as I know. Also I my experience some gaming headsets are far better than others. The hyperx cloud II is much better than previous corsair or razer headphones I had previously and the difference is very significant 

You can get nice headphones that are wireless, a handful of "audiophile" ones. I have very little regard for most reviewers (espeically gaming youtubers), I've found most can't be trusted much. Take for example the razer blackshark v2. Gushed about by practically all gaming reviewers. It's just a regular gaming headset. There are some better options out there, but those have been distinguished by more knowledgeable reviewers. The gaming reviewers might go through a lot of (mostly medicore) product, but it doesn't inherently change anything, unless they manage to find a rare gem... and can actually distinguish a decent FR and good sound over.

I am NOT a professional and a lot of the time what I'm saying is based on limited knowledge and experience. I'm going to be incorrect at times. 

Motherboard Tier List                   How many watts do I need?
Best B550 Motherboards             Best Intel Z490 Motherboards

PC Troubleshooting                      You don't need a big PSU

PSU Tier List                                Common pc building mistakes 
PC BUILD Guide! (POV)              How to Overclock your CPU 

35 minutes ago, Entropy. said:

You can get nice headphones that are wireless, a handful of "audiophile" ones. I have very little regard for most reviewers (espeically gaming youtubers), I've found most can't be trusted much. Take for example the razer blackshark v2. Gushed about by practically all gaming reviewers. It's just a regular gaming headset. There are some better options out there, but those have been distinguished by more knowledgeable reviewers. The gaming reviewers might go through a lot of (mostly medicore) product, but it doesn't inherently change anything, unless they manage to find a rare gem... and can actually distinguish a decent FR and good sound over.

Nope if it's wireless isn't no longer audiophile plain and simple. 

On 3/26/2022 at 12:56 AM, Phantonex said:

I'm looking to purchase a wireless gaming headset. I mainly play FPS games on PC. What are some of the best options? I've seen the Razer Blackshark V2 Pro recommended quite a bit, is it good? Thanks in advance.

I personally have the arctis 7s. I think I have had mine for 5 years now. I have yet to let the battery fully die and its still going strong. I think I could get another few years out of this. Battery on full charge lasts about 36-48 hours. Not entirely sure if thats the capacity of it brand new but thats how long it lasts me regularly. It can charge while wireless or you can wire it. The few downsides to it is that if you turn the earcups while its around your neck, its pretty tight. Also the ear cups after long use can start to hurt. It has happened to me plenty of times. Also over time the ski goggle headband wears down and you need to keep tightening it farther and farther. I'm needing to buy a new one for the first time soon. Overall like a 8.5/10 headset. $170